HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kevin Constantine

Closed Thread

Old
04-27-2004, 08:11 AM
L.I.RangerFan

vCash: 500
Kevin Constantine

Since I started following the WHL because of the Rangers prospects, I have been extremely impressed with the job that Kevin Constantine is doing, coaching the Everett Silvertips.

Here is a brand new, expansion team, that has outplayed all expectations by advancing to the WHL Western Conference Finals. One more win tonight and this expansion team advances to play Medicine Hat in the league finals, with the winner advancing to the Memorial Cup.

With all the names being thrown around for the Rangers head coach position, I would like to add Constantines name into the mix. A one time NHL coach who plays a defensive system and appears to get the most out of his players.

So now you have Quennville, Maurice, Francis, Martin, McGill and Constantine.

My top choices would be Constantine and McGill.

Blast AWAY

Old
04-27-2004, 12:54 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by L.I.RangerFan
Since I started following the WHL because of the Rangers prospects, I have been extremely impressed with the job that Kevin Constantine is doing, coaching the Everett Silvertips.

Here is a brand new, expansion team, that has outplayed all expectations by advancing to the WHL Western Conference Finals. One more win tonight and this expansion team advances to play Medicine Hat in the league finals, with the winner advancing to the Memorial Cup.

With all the names being thrown around for the Rangers head coach position, I would like to add Constantines name into the mix. A one time NHL coach who plays a defensive system and appears to get the most out of his players.

Blast AWAY
Not only that, but he also coaches one of Rangers good prospects in
Ivan Baranka. You know how Sather likes to get players and coaches who know each other like he did with McGill and Weller. And he has done that with players as well such as Ortmeyer and getting Dwight Helminen. He also did that with Tyutin and Kondratiev as well, so if getting Constantine mean that the Rangers will play better as a team, Im for it. He is suppose to be a good coach with youth as well.

Old
04-27-2004, 01:27 PM
Fletch

In respect to our friend Davisian...

we try not to mention Constantine's name. So any mention of potential coaches for the Rangers, if listing the coaches, please include a blank, and we'll all assume that KC, without actually mentioning his name.

Old
04-27-2004, 02:36 PM
Davisian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch
we try not to mention Constantine's name. So any mention of potential coaches for the Rangers, if listing the coaches, please include a blank, and we'll all assume that KC, without actually mentioning his name.

I can't believe that fat ******** name gets through the HF language filter..

But extreme bias against him (****** bag that he is) aside, I think he's one of those coaches who (on the NHL level) gets a team playing strong at first because of how tough he is one htem, but his message gets tuned out just as fast.. I'd rather a coach that can build this team and mold them over a few seasons..

Old
04-27-2004, 02:42 PM
pld459666

vCash: 873
Why Ian Davis, what HAVE I missed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davisian
I can't believe that fat ******** name gets through the HF language filter..

But extreme bias against him (****** bag that he is) aside, I think he's one of those coaches who (on the NHL level) gets a team playing strong at first because of how tough he is one htem, but his message gets tuned out just as fast.. I'd rather a coach that can build this team and mold them over a few seasons..

in regards to a one Mr. ****** Bag??

I have to know.

Old
04-27-2004, 02:45 PM
Davisian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666
in regards to a one Mr. ****** Bag??

I have to know.

Jeez, pld, I think you've been around me on Ranger boards longer than anyone, you haven't heard this yet??

Not getting into the full story, so lets just say that a close cousin of mine had a run in with a certain red haired facist ****** bag back in the early 90's..

Old
04-27-2004, 09:12 PM
L.I.RangerFan

Sorry Ian

Quote:
Jeez, pld, I think you've been around me on Ranger boards longer than anyone, you haven't heard this yet??

Not getting into the full story, so lets just say that a close cousin of mine had a run in with a certain red haired facist ****** bag back in the early 90's..
Hey Ian, I am really sorry to have mentioned "HIS"" name. KC though, does appear to be getting the best out of an expansion team.

With respect to you I will then stick with my original choice of McGill.

Old
04-27-2004, 09:27 PM
pld459666

vCash: 873
I'm sure I've heard the story

Quote:

but I'm getting up there in age and I tend to forget things from time to time

Old
04-28-2004, 08:20 AM
Davisian

Quote:
Hey Ian, I am really sorry to have mentioned "HIS"" name. KC though, does appear to be getting the best out of an expansion team.
As much as I dislike him, he obviously knows the game, and knows how to motivate. I think he's much better suited for a junior team where prospects need discipline and need to foster good habits.

Thats a need on the NHL level as well, but he's such an um, expleteive deleted, that his message gets tuned out rather quickly..

Old
04-28-2004, 08:30 AM
L.I.RangerFan

Quote:
As much as I dislike him, he obviously knows the game, and knows how to motivate. I think he's much better suited for a junior team where prospects need discipline and need to foster good habits.

Thats a need on the NHL level as well, but he's such an um, expleteive deleted, that his message gets tuned out rather quickly..

Rangers are young, NEED DISCIPLINE and definately need good habits. So use "HIM" until McGill/Fotiu are ready to take over.

Maybe the message was tuned out by veterans who "won't buy into the system".

Couple of questions though. Will he bench veterans who make the same mistake time after time? Will he bench players for not playing hard? Will he play youth over experience, when the youth is better?

AND

Will he have a damn walkie talkie to the eye in the sky and let TLB run the bench

Old
04-28-2004, 08:33 AM
Davisian

Quote:
Rangers are young, NEED DISCIPLINE and definately need good habits. So use "HIM" until McGill/Fotiu are ready to take over.
I think the same discipline and habits would be instilled by McGill, Maurice, Martin and Quenville without having to deal with "The DB"..

Old
04-28-2004, 08:57 AM
L.I.RangerFan

Quote:
I think the same discipline and habits would be instilled by McGill, Maurice, Martin and Quenville without having to deal with "The DB"..
OK then we will agree never to mention The DB again in relation to coaching the Rangers.

But when you put everything into perspective, he has done a great job with a team of castoffs, rejects, free agents and rookies.

Wait, didn't I just describe the Rangers team of today.

Old
04-28-2004, 10:48 AM
Potter

Send a message via AIM to Potter
Quote:

Blast AWAY
McGill should be the head coach. If Sather doesn't give him the job and let him go the show his way then he'll be making a big mistake.

Old
05-01-2004, 05:52 PM
Chief

KC's not coming to NY!

Jagr hates him and already had him fired once in Pittsburgh...there is no way he and Jagr are in the same lockerroom ever again...Next!

Old
05-01-2004, 06:36 PM
in the hall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potter
McGill should be the head coach. If Sather doesn't give him the job and let him go the show his way then he'll be making a big mistake.
we've gone that route.. its time for someone proven.

Old
05-02-2004, 11:01 AM
free0717

Quote:
Originally Posted by in the hall
we've gone that route.. its time for someone proven.
I think KC is a real good coach, makes players accountable, think defense 1st, definitley could win with him however he is in love with the trap. Im not sure I want a trapping coach.

Closed Thread