HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Ovechkin vs Gretzky and Lemieux

Closed Thread

Old
10-29-2010, 08:12 PM
LeafsAlive2010*

vCash: 500
I have to laugh when people come into this thread and just have to mention how Lemieux was better than Gretzky. People tend to forget that Gretzky was miles ahead of Lemieux in terms of playoff performances, when it counted most. No comparison if you're talking playoffs.

#66 had all the physical gifts to be the best to ever play but still couldn't touch #99's numbers. Gretzky had four seasons that were better than Lemieux''s best statistical regular season in his career.

''bu...but... gretzky had teh kurri and coffey!!!111''

Cry me a river. Gretzky dominated the entire league like Lemieux or nobody else ever did. He would finish with 70, 80, 90 more points than the second leading scorer on the Oilers every year, hell he even finished with like 50 or 60 more points than the second leading scorer in the entire league.

Lemieux had what? One 100+ assist season? Gretzky had 10 or 11 of those, his vision, smarts and passing ability was way superior to Lemieux's.

And trust me, I'm not Gretzky's biggest fan. I still remember the images of him high sticking Gilmour back in '93 and costing the Leafs the series. Stop talking about what Lemieux could have done guys, look at what was done and who did it. (#99)

Old
10-29-2010, 08:33 PM
Trebek
Mod Supervisor

vCash: 500
I guess bumping old threads is the new "street cred" thing around here. Stop it.

Closed.

Closed Thread