HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Predators vs. Rangers | 02/10/10 | 7PM | MSG (HD) (Update: Game is ON!)

Closed Thread

Old
02-09-2010, 01:56 PM
Hockey Team
Hunger Force

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balej20 View Post
Because some fans actually pay 60-200 bucks for tickets and don't have money they can just throw away like that. This isn't like 10 bucks we're talking about here. I spent 80 bucks a pop on tickets for tonights game and have 3 seats. So 240 bucks. I don't have 240 bucks to just throw away. That's why they SHOULD cancel the game for the fans. Its not about the damn multi million dollar players. Its about fans like ne who work two jobs and go to two games a year and spent my hard earned money on these seats.
I understand that, but there's also fans/visitors to the city who have gotten tickets and will not be able to go to a rescheduled game. It goes both ways. The whole point of having hockey in an indoor arena is so that they don't have to postpone games due to weather.

Old
02-09-2010, 01:58 PM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

News 12

This is for Westchester:
Quote:
The storm now looks like it will rapidly intensify tomorrow as it passes off to our south . . . “bombing out” so to speak during the late morning and afternoon hours. That’s when the snow will likely be coming down the fastest, with even the chance of hearing some claps of thunder. There’s not going to be too much wind building until later in the morning. It’s going to become very windy Wednesday afternoon and evening, so there’s going to be a lot of blowing and drifting snow, and there might briefly be some blizzard-like conditions. Temperatures will hover within a few degrees of 30 during the height of the storm.

It’s not all going to taper off and end until tomorrow evening or even tomorrow night. By then, final snowfall amounts will be 6-12 inches, possibly more . . . all dependant on how much the storm intensifies as well as its final track relative to us, but now matter how you slice it, it’s a big snowfall.

Old
02-09-2010, 02:06 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

I think well get about 8-10 inches.

Its not going to be that bad.

Old
02-09-2010, 02:16 PM
Hockey2000nyr

our two meteriologists on the boards are hpnyr and scottyb. listen to what they are saying, earlier in this thread they were saying that the news reporters on the networks tend to either over exagerrate or underestimate storms. hpnyr just said on the last page that this storm could be one for the ages... lets see if hes correct

Old
02-09-2010, 02:21 PM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

Yea News12 is definitely underestimating it...6 inches? Not a chance. We are likely to have 3-4 inches already by 7am, I guess they felt like idiots for predicting 2-4 inches last week and we got nothing so now they are underestimating.

Old
02-09-2010, 02:21 PM
Blueshirts27

Send a message via AIM to Blueshirts27
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBKers View Post
I lived like 6 years in NYC. And 10 in Chicago. And 22 in Sweden. Now 7 years in Iceland. And a couple in Florida. I know a bit about snow. We had a blizzard here in *Iceland 2 years ago where we received 7 feet of snow in 3 days. That was insane. 15 inches creates mayhem in NYC. We know that. Hope for the best and that the game is played. Seems a bit iffy though

Btw - thundersnow is great. Love the term (real Native American clanG) Just like the aurora borealis which we have been getting quite a bit of here lately. www.hotelranga.is = my place!
Who are you? That is some place? The rooms are unreal!

Old
02-09-2010, 02:24 PM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBKers View Post
I lived like 6 years in NYC. And 10 in Chicago. And 22 in Sweden. Now 7 years in Iceland. And a couple in Florida. I know a bit about snow. We had a blizzard here in *Iceland 2 years ago where we received 7 feet of snow in 3 days. That was insane. 15 inches creates mayhem in NYC. We know that. Hope for the best and that the game is played. Seems a bit iffy though

Btw - thundersnow is great. Love the term (real Native American clanG) Just like the aurora borealis which we have been getting quite a bit of here lately. www.hotelranga.is = my place!
Hotel Ranga, eh?

Old
02-09-2010, 02:36 PM
LamoTheKid

I hope its bad so I can telecommute tomorrow.

If the wind is bad, the JMZ might not run since that train feels like its going to fall off the tracks when its heading to Marcy Ave. anyway.

Old
02-09-2010, 02:56 PM
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

Media is going conservative, believe it or not.

Expect 2-4 feet drifts all day thursday.

Old
02-09-2010, 02:58 PM
Balej20*

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpNYR View Post

Its going to be that bad on Thursday too? Do you think schools may be closed Thursday as well as tomorrow?

Old
02-09-2010, 03:01 PM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

Quote:
Its going to be that bad on Thursday too? Do you think schools may be closed Thursday as well as tomorrow?
If we get a foot of snow, most schools will be closed thursday.

Old
02-09-2010, 03:02 PM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

Quote:

hp, what do you think the final snow totals will be around the NYC area?

Old
02-09-2010, 03:06 PM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Quote:

Is that NYC or north of the city too?

Old
02-09-2010, 03:13 PM
Balej20*

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine24 View Post
If we get a foot of snow, most schools will be closed thursday.
FLY, are you going to be going into work tomorrow or Thursday? How does it work for you guys if roads are impassable. Obviously we need cops on duty but what if you can't get in or can't patrol.

Old
02-09-2010, 03:23 PM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Quote:
FLY, are you going to be going into work tomorrow or Thursday? How does it work for you guys if roads are impassable. Obviously we need cops on duty but what if you can't get in or can't patrol.
My friend was in NYPD for a few months (until he transferred). I don't think they get snow days from what I remember him saying.

Old
02-09-2010, 03:27 PM
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

Quote:
hp, what do you think the final snow totals will be around the NYC area?
There's going to be some amazing convective bandings setting up. Whoever ends up in these bands can approach 2' or more of snow. Anyone under one of these bands will experience 3-5" an hour with piss poor visibilies. This includes thundersnow.

There was some conern of mixing earlier even into NYC/5 boros. Latest model runs coming in suggest that NYC/5 boros will not see mixing, rather if there is ANY mixing it will be along the immediate coast along the south shore and eastern tip of LI.

Right now, i'd still go with 12-20 inches area wide ---> 5 boros/nassua with locally more, and that locally more could be near suffolk where they will be east enough for convective banding and west enough for no mixing. This is not to say NYC will not see more than 20 inches, it's to say the latest guidance suggests that 12-20 is a good bet. In fact, 15 inches for sure in central park is my call, with most likely more. Winds will be howling. Accuweather is suggesting part of LI/SNE will see hurricane force, fortunately(or not) for us it's accuweather and they tend to go agressive.

This is an high impact event considering its taking place on a weekday. It has a chance to rank up there along with 1996-- possible beat it out in it's own unique ways.

Old
02-09-2010, 03:29 PM
EvilCorporateLawyer
Very slippery slope

Send a message via AIM to EvilCorporateLawyer
Quote:
Yea News12 is definitely underestimating it...6 inches? Not a chance. We are likely to have 3-4 inches already by 7am, I guess they felt like idiots for predicting 2-4 inches last week and we got nothing so now they are underestimating.
weather.gov predicts a lot mroe than 6 or so inches for us as well. Like 15 or so for Monmouth County.

News 12 is a ****** channel, anyway.

Old
02-09-2010, 03:32 PM
EvilCorporateLawyer
Very slippery slope

Quote:
There's going to be some amazing convective bandings setting up. Whoever ends up in these bands can approach 2' or more of snow. Anyone under one of these bands will experience 3-5" an hour with piss poor visibilies. This includes thundersnow.

There was some conern of mixing earlier even into NYC/5 boros. Latest model runs coming in suggest that NYC/5 boros will not see mixing, rather if there is ANY mixing it will be along the immediate coast along the south shore and eastern tip of LI.

Right now, i'd still go with 12-20 inches area wide ---> 5 boros/nassua with locally more, and that locally more could be near suffolk where they will be east enough for convective banding and west enough for no mixing. This is not to say NYC will not see more than 20 inches, it's to say the latest guidance suggests that 12-20 is a good bet. In fact, 15 inches for sure in central park is my call, with most likely more. Winds will be howling. Accuweather is suggesting part of LI/SNE will see hurricane force, fortunately(or not) for us it's accuweather and they tend to go agressive.

This is an high impact event considering its taking place on a weekday. It has a chance to rank up there along with 1996-- possible beat it out in it's own unique ways.
Accuweather was spot on for the last 2 storms for my area, though. I know they go aggressive, but they've been fairly accurate. The others actually underestimated by quite a bit.

Old
02-09-2010, 03:32 PM
LamoTheKid

Well, I've got my tow strap on my Jeep (93 straight 6 grand cherokee). Something tells me I'm going to be pulling people out of parking spots again. The straight 6 in 4lo can pull a tractor trailer. I <3 my car. Even if shes older than god and has over 300k miles on her.

Old
02-09-2010, 03:34 PM
EvilCorporateLawyer
Very slippery slope

For the record, this is the latest Accuweather map (which seems to be in agreeance with hpNYR):

Old
02-09-2010, 03:35 PM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Quote:

Wow, bringing back some memories. I think I was 11, it was the best thing ever. No school for like 2 or 3 days. Unfortunately, now it'd be horrible unless I can work from home for two days

Old
02-09-2010, 03:57 PM
LamoTheKid

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubiSnacks17 View Post
Wow, bringing back some memories. I think I was 11, it was the best thing ever. No school for like 2 or 3 days. Unfortunately, now it'd be horrible unless I can work from home for two days

Old
02-09-2010, 03:59 PM
Crease

This is friggin exciting!

Old
02-09-2010, 04:17 PM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LamoTheKid View Post
lmao, that's hysterical.

Old
02-09-2010, 04:24 PM
mullichicken25

its looking like my work will be probablly closed tomorrow....some of you guys are thinking conditions might be bad thrusday too? oh man, i hope

combine that with the Friday i allready have off from work, and the holiday on monday...6 day weekend? hell yeah

i think im praying to the snow gods tonight

Closed Thread