HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Carey Price in Philadelphia?

Closed Thread

Old
02-08-2010, 02:49 PM
Money May*

vCash: 500
Carey Price in Philadelphia?

As we know Carey's dad Jerry was drafted by the Flyers, Carey has told people in his hometown if he could play for any team he wants it would be Philly because thats who drafted his dad and he likes the hockey in Philly

What you guys think

Old
02-08-2010, 02:51 PM
BillyShoe1721
Terriers

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to BillyShoe1721
The kid's got talent. I wouldn't have any problem bringing him in here, depending on the price. Something around Gagne/Hartnell for Price I would do.

Old
02-08-2010, 02:52 PM
FlyHigh

Send a message via AIM to FlyHigh Send a message via MSN to FlyHigh
Considering his problems with the pressure in MTL, I wouldn't bank on him in Philly.

Old
02-08-2010, 02:53 PM
Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyHigh View Post
Considering his problems with the pressure in MTL, I wouldn't bank on him in Philly.
We don't hold a candle to Montreal.

Old
02-08-2010, 02:54 PM
Haute Couturier

I didn't know all that about Price. Sign me up for Price.

Old
02-08-2010, 02:54 PM
Mgkibbles

I've never been a huge fan of Price, he seems soft to me, maybe thats just because he plays for the Habs, but I really don't know a whole lot about him.

Old
02-08-2010, 02:55 PM
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
This. I know we are rowdy fans but for God's sake... Montreal? I am not ashamed to admit that we pale in comparison.

02-08-2010, 02:55 PM
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida

BTW, I want him if the Price is right.

Old
02-08-2010, 02:56 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:
I agree, but this isn't exactly a pressure-free environment. If you can't handle pressure then you don't want to be Philly or Montreal.

That said, I think a lot of this pressure stuff is overblown by the media in Montreal, just like our media here blows the dumbest things out of proportion.

Price isn't fully developed. I highly doubt he will be an elite goaltender in his career, especially based on my definition of an elite goaltender.

Even so, he will be a very good one, no doubt.

I wouldn't be willing to give up too much for him, but I would give up something decent. Since we have an overflow of defensemen, I'd probably be willing to give up Carle or Coburn.

Old
02-08-2010, 02:56 PM
Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgkibbles View Post
I've never been a huge fan of Price, he seems soft to me, maybe thats just because he plays for the Habs, but I really don't know a whole lot about him.
He's a 22 y/o goalie with NHL experience, and has put up respectable numbers...I would absolutely take him.

Old
02-08-2010, 02:58 PM
Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Shafer View Post
I agree, but this isn't exactly a pressure-free environment. If you can't handle pressure then you don't want to be Philly or Montreal.

That said, I think a lot of this pressure stuff is overblown by the media in Montreal, just like our media here blows the dumbest things out of proportion.

Price isn't fully developed. I highly doubt he will be an elite goaltender in his career, especially based on my definition of an elite goaltender.

Even so, he will be a very good one, no doubt.

I wouldn't be willing to give up too much for him, but I would give up something decent. Since we have an overflow of defensemen, I'd probably be willing to give up Carle or Coburn.
You take flak in Montreal if you don't speak fluent French. The media/atmosphere there borders on toxic, especially when anything is going the slightest bit wrong.

Old
02-08-2010, 03:00 PM
Mgkibbles

Quote:
He's a 22 y/o goalie with NHL experience, and has put up respectable numbers...I would absolutely take him.
Yea I mean obviously I'd be interested, but I don't know, he just doesn't get me that excited for some reason. (no homo)

Old
02-08-2010, 03:01 PM
dookie88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgkibbles View Post
Kinda feel the same way, there were/are some questions about his character. But Price is just something special if you look at what he might could be someday. It would be nice to get him, but I think he has to be the undisputed number one to be confident and that's really the question. Are you willing to role the dice and make him your #1 goalie?

Old
02-08-2010, 03:02 PM
Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by dookie88 View Post
Kinda feel the same way, there were/are some questions about his character. But Price is just something special if you look at what he might could be someday. It would be nice to get him, but I think he has to be the undisputed number one to be confident and that's really the question. Are you willing to role the dice and make him your #1 goalie?
I would be...he's at least as good as we've gotten to this point.

Old
02-08-2010, 03:03 PM
FlyHigh

Send a message via AIM to FlyHigh Send a message via MSN to FlyHigh
Quote:
Well, I'm thinking about Sean Burke who said something along the lines of, "the happiest 2 days my career are the day I joined the Flyers and the day and I left."

I wouldn't mind taking a flier on him, but I wouldn't give up a train.

If you are talking Hartnell or Coburn/Carle as the centerpieces in a deal for Price, I can get on board.

Old
02-08-2010, 03:09 PM
JCameron418

I don't like the kid because he plays in Montreal.

That being said I think the kid has a lot of potential and could one day be a good goalie. Now might be a great time due to his struggles to trade for him and sign him up real cheap.

Old
02-08-2010, 03:09 PM
Haute Couturier

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyHigh View Post
Well, I'm thinking about Sean Burke who said something along the lines of, "the happiest 2 days my career are the day I joined the Flyers and the day and I left."

I wouldn't mind taking a flier on him, but I wouldn't give up a train.

If you are talking Hartnell or Coburn/Carle as the centerpieces in a deal for Price, I can get on board.
I don't think the pressure is nearly as bad here since most of the focus is on the Eagles and Phillies, but we are really rough on goalies.

I think he'd be fine here because I think the pressure stuff is blown out of proportion in Montreal. He is right on target in his development for a promising young goalie, IMO. He just seems like a disappointment compared to the ridiculous hype they bestowed upon him, but really they have to be happy with his development for a 22 year old.

Old
02-08-2010, 03:10 PM
DUHockey9

I'd take him in a heartbeat. A young kid with talent coming out of his ass? I have no problems taking a real chance to find "the one", the ever elusive goalie we haven't had in decades. Worst case is he plays very mediocre, in which case...we are used to that anyway.

Old
02-08-2010, 03:15 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUHockey9 View Post
I'd take him in a heartbeat. A young kid with talent coming out of his ass? I have no problems taking a real chance to find "the one", the ever elusive goalie we haven't had in decades. Worst case is he plays very mediocre, in which case...we are used to that anyway.
I agree. Worst case scenario he is Biron. Likelihood, he is a little better than Emery down the road. Possibility is that he is an absolute steal in a few years.

I'd be willing to take a shot, but since we have Emery, it won't bother me all that much if we don't get him, especially if his pricetag is through the roof.

Old
02-08-2010, 03:15 PM
claude boivin lives
flat out spectacular

I'm lazy and a bit out of the loop...somebody fill me in. What's the latest with the goaltending in Montreal these days? I thought Price had the job all locked up and was looking great down the stretch of last season. But from what I understand he faltered some this year, and Halak has been given more games and been great on the whole. Is that accurate? Who's the starter right now...is it even clear cut? Who would cost less to acquire? Who is MTL more interested in dealing? Who shot the sheriff?

Old
02-08-2010, 03:16 PM
BringBackStevens

If we can aqcuire him without giving up JVR/Giroux, then I am all in. Otherwise, I'm not sure I would pull the trigger

Old
02-08-2010, 03:18 PM
IrishSniper87

Carey Price would be ok, I could live with that.

The kid is 22, has over 120 games played and a 0.912 career sv%.

Old
02-08-2010, 03:20 PM
Haute Couturier

Quote:
Originally Posted by claude boivin lives View Post
I'm lazy and a bit out of the loop...somebody fill me in. What's the latest with the goaltending in Montreal these days? I thought Price had the job all locked up and was looking great down the stretch of last season. But from I understand he faltered some this year, and Halak has been given more games and been great on the whole. Is that accurate? Who's the starter right now...is it even clear cut? Who would cost less to acquire? Who is MTL more interested in dealing? Who shot the sheriff?
Halak has outplayed Price and I believe he is currently their #1. I have no idea what they plan on doing with the goalies going forward. Some Habs fans seem to think that Price may be traded now because Gainey was his biggest supporter and now he is gone. Some speculated that maybe Gainey was being forced to deal Price but refused and stepped down. I doubt that is true, but I guess we will see.

Old
02-08-2010, 03:20 PM
Money May*

I think Carey would do great with the Philly D. The D in Montreal is obsolete most nights

Old
02-08-2010, 03:21 PM
flyersguy33*

Quote:
Originally Posted by claude boivin lives View Post
I'm lazy and a bit out of the loop...somebody fill me in. What's the latest with the goaltending in Montreal these days? I thought Price had the job all locked up and was looking great down the stretch of last season. But from what I understand he faltered some this year, and Halak has been given more games and been great on the whole. Is that accurate? Who's the starter right now...is it even clear cut? Who would cost less to acquire? Who is MTL more interested in dealing? Who shot the sheriff?
You pretty much got the gist of it. Halak is the starter now. That being said I would love to have Price on this team. Hes only 22 and has tons of talent. He is exactly what the Flyers need. A young goalie that will be the starter here for many years. No more of this carousal ********. We need a legit number 1 goalie that will be here for more than 2 years.

Closed Thread