HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Gauthier's first move: Pyatt up, Trotter+White down

Old
02-08-2010, 05:18 PM
Ceux de Montreal
Horrible proposal!!!

vCash: 500
On the bright side Vampire Weekend make good music

Ceux de Montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2010, 05:19 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
Don't understand the logic of Desharnais and Pyatt in the lineup over Trotter and White.
Desharnais was the best of the 3 earlier callups and Pyatt is better defensively and on Pk than the other 2.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2010, 05:24 PM
Miller Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
The only thing he brought was a physical game, defensively or offensively he didn't do anything.
- bringing a "physical" game is EXACTLY what you want from a 4th liner

- with our lineup, anyone who brings a "physical" game is by default a huge asset

- to be honest, I thought he was surprisingly good offensively, it may not have shown up on the score sheet, but he created or was helping to create more chances than you'd expect from a 4th liner

again, as a 4th liner, I think White was doing a great job... as good as any team could expect or want from a player in that role.

That's not saying he was great overall, but between him and Maxwell/D'ago/Trotter/Desharnais, I'd stick with him in the 4th line role...

Miller Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2010, 05:28 PM
Ceux de Montreal
Horrible proposal!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miller Time View Post

- with our lineup, anyone who brings a "physical" game is by default a huge asset

- to be honest, I thought he was surprisingly good offensively, it may not have shown up on the score sheet, but he created or was helping to create more chances than you'd expect from a 4th liner

again, as a 4th liner, I think White was doing a great job... as good as any team could expect or want from a player in that role.

That's not saying he was great overall, but between him and Maxwell/D'ago/Trotter/Desharnais, I'd stick with him in the 4th line role...
Me also. Words. I hope he's back soon, but White was my favorite of all the new Dogs, Darche included.

Ceux de Montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2010, 05:29 PM
Kjell Dahlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faute View Post
While White's physical play and intensity were quite impressive, he did make two bonehead plays in the defensive zone that could have resulted in goals. Against Pittsburgh, he did a no-look pass just before leaving the zone which resulted in a turnover. In his other game, he tried a fancy pass in the middle instead of simply clearing the puck along the boards. Obviously, he's still young and I really like his potential, but you simply can't make these kind of plays when you're a 4th liner.

Thanks; I did not notice those plays. I must admit that I have a strong bias in favour of tough/gritty players like White so maybe I did overlook some of his defensive blunders.

I still root for the following 4th (3b) line in 2010-11 though: Darche - Lapierre - White!

Kjell Dahlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2010, 05:29 PM
RC51

don't forget every time the habs bring up a kid, even for 1 week he gets a lot more and can buy himself a new 50" hdtv so all this can be about giving all the kids new tv's

RC51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2010, 05:33 PM
Natural Habs Fan

This is obviously a setup to a trade for Lecavalier.

Natural Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2010, 05:34 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miller Time View Post

Maxwell is not in a 4th line role, he's playing with Metro and Lapierre on the 3rd. He looks a lot more comfortable out there than last year.

The thing taht Pyatt brings that White doesn't is that you can play him on PK or give him a few shifts against top lines and he won't hurt you defensively.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2010, 05:39 PM
JeromeHP
@Jerome_Berube

lets get softer yeaa lol

JeromeHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2010, 05:40 PM
Miller Time

Quote:
Maxwell is not in a 4th line role, he's playing with Metro and Lapierre on the 3rd. He looks a lot more comfortable out there than last year.

The thing taht Pyatt brings that White doesn't is that you can play him on PK or give him a few shifts against top lines and he won't hurt you defensively.

fair enough, but if we are inserting D'ago back into the lineup, I'd have preferred to see White stay and play on the 4th line than have D'ago play there...

Maxwell has looked pretty good this time up, but I don't want to see him put on the 4th line, to be honest, watching him the past few games you can see that he's good some solid top 6 type skills in him, I'd almost say he's too good to be stuck with Lapierre/Metro... almost...

Miller Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Metropolitsky
Still 4x more cups

People already miss Bob

That will be fun to watch

Metropolitsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

vCash: 137
Send a message via Skype™ to Le Tricolore
Why is Maxwell still up? He's been nothing short of useless.

Le Tricolore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2010, 05:42 PM
Rise from the Ashes
@JoelGabbayNHL

Send a message via MSN to Rise from the Ashes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Tricolore View Post
Agreed. I would have kept White and also called up Pyatt.

Rise from the Ashes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2010, 05:51 PM
Swe_hab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Tricolore View Post
I totally agree with you. Although he has also shown that he has the goods to one day play in this league. It's just a matter of adjusting to the physicality and speed.

As everybody else I can't understand why White and Trotter is demoted, although White did a pretty bad play against the B:s- don't remember the specifics- and Martin seems pretty fast to act on those kind of things.

Swe_hab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2010, 05:54 PM
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC51 View Post
don't forget every time the habs bring up a kid, even for 1 week he gets a lot more and can buy himself a new 50" hdtv so all this can be about giving all the kids new tv's
You might be onto something here...

Myron Gaines* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2010, 06:07 PM
Bullsmith

Surely White and Trotter deserved another game.

Bullsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2010, 06:07 PM
Kriss E

Quote:

Funny you should say this, because Pyatt only averages 20seconds more on the PK than White. Whereas White has 38 more hits. Matter of fact, White leads the team in terms of Hits per Game.
Not only that, but White also has more Pts and Blocked shots than Pyatt. Granted, the difference in point is not huge and quite insignificant.
But really, if you look at our team overall, you don't need to be a genius to realize White fills a much bigger hole than Pyatt.

I love Pyatt, but really, he doesn't bring anything that we don't already have.
White on the other hand, brings in a very much needed physical aspect. His play drew at least 2 penalties versus the Penguins. Pyatt might have been playing well down in AHL, but White-Desharnais-Trotter played really well vs Pitts, the following day, they played as average as the rest of the team. There was no hurry to dismantle them. At least another game..

I don't care if Trotter, Maxwell, D'Agostini and even Desharnais were the ones getting replaced by Pyatt. But White needs to remain on our team. I didn't want him to be sent down earlier when our players were coming back. I'm not a big advocate of physical play, but you need a minimum.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2010, 06:22 PM
smon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Funny you should say this, because Pyatt only averages 20seconds more on the PK than White. Whereas White has 38 more hits. Matter of fact, White leads the team in terms of Hits per Game.
Not only that, but White also has more Pts and Blocked shots than Pyatt. Granted, the difference in point is not huge and quite insignificant.
But really, if you look at our team overall, you don't need to be a genius to realize White fills a much bigger hole than Pyatt.

I love Pyatt, but really, he doesn't bring anything that we don't already have.
White on the other hand, brings in a very much needed physical aspect. His play drew at least 2 penalties versus the Penguins. Pyatt might have been playing well down in AHL, but White-Desharnais-Trotter played really well vs Pitts, the following day, they played as average as the rest of the team. There was no hurry to dismantle them. At least another game..

I don't care if Trotter, Maxwell, D'Agostini and even Desharnais were the ones getting replaced by Pyatt. But White needs to remain on our team. I didn't want him to be sent down earlier when our players were coming back. I'm not a big advocate of physical play, but you need a minimum.
For once, I agree with you on all points. There needs to be some kind of physical element on the fourth line, and White's just about the only fourth liner who has consistently provided this.

smon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2010, 06:34 PM
la25ecoupe

I'd do this:

Darche - Plek - SK
Desharnais - Gomez - Gionta
Metro - Moen - Laps
Pyatt - Trotter - White

la25ecoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2010, 07:28 PM
Markowicz
Simple Jacques

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agalloch View Post
I guess D'Agostini plays next game
This is what i'm worried about. Why why why! Another "last chance" to show his worth? Another showcase game? Trade him for a pick already, jesus.

Markowicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2010, 07:30 PM
Ghetto Sangria
Groupthink

Wow you guys thought white played well? Sure he hit a few things, but he is brutal defensively and offensively. I'm a little surprised at trotter being sent down, but he was also ineffective defensively.

Boston scored their first goal against that line, mostly cause White and Trotter were out of position. Maxwell is at least defensively responsible, and desharnais was prolly the most impressive callup.

They were the right choices guys, u just overrate the value of hitting. When u hit and become out of position, its useless and infact a problem.

Ghetto Sangria is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2010, 07:35 PM
willalong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Next Best Thing View Post
What's Pyatt done to get called up? Curious.
I think they are evaluating players, some decisions will have to be made.

They want to see them under fire, if they are sent down, does not necessarily mean they failed. They get experience and are evaluated for future reference.

Subban is left in Hamilton, they already know what they have there.

willalong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2010, 07:36 PM
Markowicz
Simple Jacques

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeCammalleri View Post
Wow you guys thought white played well? Sure he hit a few things, but he is brutal defensively and offensively. I'm a little surprised at trotter being sent down, but he was also ineffective defensively.

Boston scored their first goal against that line, mostly cause White and Trotter were out of position. Maxwell is at least defensively responsible, and desharnais was prolly the most impressive callup.

They were the right choices guys, u just overrate the value of hitting. When u hit and become out of position, its useless and infact a problem.
Yeah thats the thing im sure Martin loves about Maxwell, that he's always in perfect defensive zone position. Sure he's done nothing of note offensively, but he understands the system, and thats a big step IMO. I'm not surprised at all that he's staying up with the team. All he needs to do now is get more confident with his passing and shooting. Personally i've seen get a little better each game in that respect. Despite all the turmoil that we've gone through this season, its nice to see that some players are progressing nicely. Hopefully Boucher can get Pacioretty going in the same direction.

Markowicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2010, 07:53 PM
Next Best Thing*

Quote:
Originally Posted by willalong View Post
I think they are evaluating players, some decisions will have to be made.

They want to see them under fire, if they are sent down, does not necessarily mean they failed. They get experience and are evaluated for future reference.

Subban is left in Hamilton, they already know what they have there.
So you're saying this was the plan all along, then?

Last edited by Next Best Thing*: 02-08-2010 at 08:02 PM.
Next Best Thing* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2010, 09:07 PM
Megaforce

White scored a Marty Howe hat-trick.

Had a solid bowel movement prior to the game, sat wondering if he'd be in the lineup or not and got yelled at by the coach for not returning to the bench 15 seconds after he hit the ice.

Megaforce is offline   Reply With Quote