HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Edmonton | Montreal

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-08-2010, 07:35 PM
  #26
FanHabtic
Registered User
 
FanHabtic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 7,733
vCash: 500
I wish all these "Price" trade threads just die. We aren't trading Halak or Price this season. In the off-season the Habs will evaluate their two young goaltenders and decide what to do by the draft.

For now they are here to stay unless there is an offer that blows your socks off.

Penner offer simply blows.

FanHabtic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2010, 07:36 PM
  #27
Kotton
Registered User
 
Kotton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,045
vCash: 500
Roberto Luongo and Lukas Krajicek for a 6th, Todd Bertuzzi, Bryan Allen and Alex Auld.

Ilya Bryzgalov picked up on waivers.

J.S Giguere traded for Vesa Toskala and Jason Blake.

Goalies don't get huge returns, not even the elite ones.

I'm sure Price may grow to become a great #1 one day, but I highly doubt if Montreal decides to trade him they will get fair value for what he may bring to his future team.

Kotton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2010, 07:36 PM
  #28
scottyG
Registered User
 
scottyG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Montreal,Qc
Posts: 4,970
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgary Habs Fan View Post
It was a Habs fan proposing that.
Not a really bright one

scottyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2010, 07:37 PM
  #29
IceDaddy
24 and Counting
 
IceDaddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,136
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OilGagner89 View Post
Price is worth more than Penner?! You habs fans are ridiculous.. he's almost lost his job to Halak and he is extremely inconsistent.. he's simply a headcase.
He is a 27 year old guy that was never drafted. He is having a good year but you forget about the 4 years that he sucked before this year. He is simply overpaid becuase of Klowe and now you want the Habs to trade a top 5 first round pick goalie with rediculous potential for that? PLUS you want our first round pick and you give the Habs your 2nd? You must be High!!


100% PASS

IceDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2010, 07:42 PM
  #30
Tad Mikowsky
Retired
 
Tad Mikowsky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,741
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyG View Post
No. Price is getting traded unless there is your 1st pick involved.
That first rounder is worth more than anything on that roster IMO.

Tad Mikowsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2010, 07:44 PM
  #31
FanHabtic
Registered User
 
FanHabtic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 7,733
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowstorm View Post
That first rounder is worth more than anything on that roster IMO.
I agree. But there isn't anything on the OIlers roster that is remotely attractive to the Habs. The only two assets are Hemsky and your 1st. Since you won't trade either its clear that there is no deal to be made. End of story!

FanHabtic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2010, 07:46 PM
  #32
jamz
Registered User
 
jamz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Montréal
Country: Martinique
Posts: 1,079
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgary Habs Fan View Post
No. Just no. We have no idea what that first will be. Could be our standard mid-round pick or we could fall apart and have a top 10 pick.
Smid is a top 10 pick

We get a big forward for our 2nd line, a young big dman

We lose A goalie with potential, a big contract on defence, a mid 1st round prospect (most likely another US college kid who will spend his career in the AHL)

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyG View Post
No. Price is getting traded unless there is your 1st pick involved.
But I included our 1st pick

Goalies always have lesser trade value. You can't honestly believe Price is worth Taylor Hall???

jamz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2010, 07:47 PM
  #33
scottyG
Registered User
 
scottyG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Montreal,Qc
Posts: 4,970
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FanHabtic View Post
I agree. But there isn't anything on the OIlers roster that is remotely attractive to the Habs. The only two assets are Hemsky and your 1st. Since you won't trade either its clear that there is no deal to be made. End of story!
This.

If we trade Price we don't give a **** about Brule,Cogliano,etc we want your best(s) assets.

scottyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2010, 07:47 PM
  #34
IceDaddy
24 and Counting
 
IceDaddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,136
vCash: 500
For the Habs to move Price to Edmonton, it would cost the Oil One of thier top end prospects or its a non starter

IceDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2010, 07:48 PM
  #35
FanHabtic
Registered User
 
FanHabtic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 7,733
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsRock View Post
For the Habs to move Price to Edmonton, it would cost the Oil One of thier top end prospects or its a non starter
I don't even want that. I'm not sold on Eberle and he's too small. We have too many small forwards. The swedish kid has potential but he won't be NHL ready for a few years. It doesn't help us.

Only the Taylor Hall pick helps us but the Oil would be nuts to trade it.

FanHabtic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2010, 07:48 PM
  #36
scottyG
Registered User
 
scottyG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Montreal,Qc
Posts: 4,970
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamz View Post
Smid is a top 10 pick

We get a big forward for our 2nd line, a young big dman

We lose A goalie with potential, a big contract on defence, a mid 1st round prospect (most likely another US college kid who will spend his career in the AHL)



But I included our 1st pick

Goalies always have lesser trade value. You can't honestly believe Price is worth Taylor Hall???
Only on HF is a junior player worth more then a #1 goalie at 22 with Franchise potential.

scottyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2010, 07:50 PM
  #37
Tad Mikowsky
Retired
 
Tad Mikowsky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,741
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyG View Post
This.

If we trade Price we don't give a **** about Brule,Cogliano,etc we want your best(s) assets.
If I were the Oilers, I wouldn't even bother looking at Price. If he needs to get traded, go to a non fish bowl market.

Besides his rookie year, I have not seen anything terribly impressive from him. I'd rather have Halak.

Tad Mikowsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2010, 07:51 PM
  #38
IceDaddy
24 and Counting
 
IceDaddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,136
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FanHabtic View Post
I don't even want that. I'm not sold on Eberle and he's too small. We have too many small forwards. The swedish kid has potential but he won't be NHL ready for a few years. It doesn't help us.

Only the Taylor Hall pick helps us but the Oil would be nuts to trade it.

But trading Price doesnt really hurt us in the short term either. Halak has emerged as a real #1 guy and trading Price will get us more in return. Even if it is for the future...

IceDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2010, 07:51 PM
  #39
jamz
Registered User
 
jamz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Montréal
Country: Martinique
Posts: 1,079
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyG View Post
Only on HF is a junior player worth more then a #1 goalie at 22 with Franchise potential.
Did Pierre gauthier Ttrade Halak already? When did Price regain his #1 spot?

jamz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2010, 07:51 PM
  #40
Tad Mikowsky
Retired
 
Tad Mikowsky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,741
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyG View Post
Only on HF is a junior player worth more then a #1 goalie at 22 with Franchise potential.
Only on HF, is where potential is vastly overrated.

Tad Mikowsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2010, 07:54 PM
  #41
IceDaddy
24 and Counting
 
IceDaddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,136
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyG View Post
Only on HF is a junior player worth more then a #1 goalie at 22 with Franchise potential.
Normally I would agree with you but this is Taylor Hall we are talking about here. It would cost more than Price to get that pick.

IceDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2010, 07:55 PM
  #42
FanHabtic
Registered User
 
FanHabtic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 7,733
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsRock View Post
But trading Price doesnt really hurt us in the short term either. Halak has emerged as a real #1 guy and trading Price will get us more in return. Even if it is for the future...
Then make a deal like that in the off-season. Not now when we need both goaltenders to push each other. If not for Halak/Price we wouldn't be in a playoff spot.

FanHabtic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2010, 07:57 PM
  #43
Playmaker09
Valar Morghulis
 
Playmaker09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: West Island
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,817
vCash: 500
Price for MPS+ is what I'd be looking to get back. i don't know how Oil fans would feel about that but it seems you have enough top 6 (potential) wingers on your team/system to afford to to that. (Hemsky, Penner, Eberle, O'Sullivan...)

Playmaker09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2010, 08:00 PM
  #44
IceDaddy
24 and Counting
 
IceDaddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,136
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FanHabtic View Post
Then make a deal like that in the off-season. Not now when we need both goaltenders to push each other. If not for Halak/Price we wouldn't be in a playoff spot.

I dont care about the playoffs this year. I am one of those poeple who think the Habs should tank. I mean an epic breakdown that the whole league would hear the thud as we hit the bottom.....

I am tired of overpaying players in the summer and then finishing barely in the playoffs and getting smashed in the first round. Then of course we get a mid round pick who doesnt really turn out to be much....

For the better of the team...it is time to suck ....and I mean suck hard

IceDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2010, 08:00 PM
  #45
scottyG
Registered User
 
scottyG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Montreal,Qc
Posts: 4,970
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowstorm View Post
Only on HF, is where potential is vastly overrated.
So why Hall>>> Price?

Potential is overrated so why is a junior star better then a proven #1 goalie?

scottyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2010, 08:02 PM
  #46
FanHabtic
Registered User
 
FanHabtic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 7,733
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsRock View Post
I dont care about the playoffs this year. I am one of those poeple who think the Habs should tank. I mean an epic breakdown that the whole league would hear the thud as we hit the bottom.....

I am tired of overpaying players in the summer and then finishing barely in the playoffs and getting smashed in the first round. Then of course we get a mid round pick who doesnt really turn out to be much....

For the better of the team...it is time to suck ....and I mean suck hard
I'm kind of ambivalent. I'd like to see us sell like we did in the Rivet trade etc. We were competing but management decided that this wasn't the year.

The problem is that we rreally haven't seen a healthy Habs team for period of time. We don't really know what we have.

Right now 2/3 of our top line are injured and 1/3 of our 2nd line is injured.

FanHabtic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2010, 08:02 PM
  #47
scottyG
Registered User
 
scottyG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Montreal,Qc
Posts: 4,970
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamz View Post
Did Pierre gauthier Ttrade Halak already? When did Price regain his #1 spot?
He never lost it. It was always 1a/1b and we were riding Halak till he gets cold... and it looks like he's cooling down.

scottyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2010, 08:02 PM
  #48
EagleBelfour
Registered User
 
EagleBelfour's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,234
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yelnats Puc View Post
I'd just like to say that I really like the way you format your proposals.

How close they are in terms of value and team needs is another story, but they always look nice.
I thought the exact same thing

EagleBelfour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2010, 08:04 PM
  #49
Vipers31
Moderator
Advanced Stagnostic
 
Vipers31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Bergisch Gladbach
Country: Germany
Posts: 11,791
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OilGagner89 View Post
Price is worth more than Penner?! You habs fans are ridiculous..
I agree with those Habs fans. Price's value is significantly higher than Penner's, no doubt in my mind. Even straight up that would be a terrible trade for the Habs.

But I guess some Oilers fans will assume I'm a bitter Ducks fan holding a grudge against Oilers and Penner, or something.

Vipers31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2010, 08:05 PM
  #50
NoLocus*
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 619
vCash: 500
Eberle straight up or Brule + Cogliano.

NoLocus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:38 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.