HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Edmonton | Montreal

Old
02-08-2010, 07:35 PM
Jack DiBiase
wrist-oh-lie-nun

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyG View Post
Lost everything right there.
It was a joke...

Jack DiBiase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2010, 07:35 PM
JustAHabFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by schumway2 View Post
Hall is similar to Kane, Nash, Stamkos in terms of domination.
Frankly, I am not impressed with Hall in the WJC.

JustAHabFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2010, 07:36 PM
RevenueSharing*

Quote:
Originally Posted by schumway2 View Post
Price for Stamkos?
Price for Kane?
Price for Crosby?
Price for Ovechkin?
Price for Kovalchuk?
Price for Nash?
Price for Fleury?
Price for Thornton?

Most of the time they are studs.
Uh the point I made is simple...a 1st overall pick, doesn't always equate to a sure bet allstar. How hard is that to understand?

As for Fleury
Fleury is 25 (3 years older than Price), has a career saves percentage of .907 and a goals against average of 2.84
and you're saying that's he unequivocally better than Price who has a career saves percentage of .912 and a goals against average of 2.72?

HAH

RevenueSharing* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2010, 07:39 PM
scottyG

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevenueSharing View Post
Uh the point I made is simple...a 1st overall pick, doesn't always equate to sure fire allstar. How hard is that to understand?

As for Fleury
Fleury is 25 (3 years older than Price), has a career saves percentage of .907 and a goals against average of 2.84
and you're saying that's he unequivocally better than Price who has a career saves percentage of .912 and a goals against average of 2.72?

HAH
Fleury is overrated. He gives up about 1 weak goal every game I watch. (a real weak goal, not Montreal standard weak goal)

scottyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2010, 07:40 PM
Jack DiBiase
wrist-oh-lie-nun

Quote:
Fleury is overrated. He gives up about 1 weak goal every game I watch. (a real weak goal, not Montreal standard weak goal)
So uh, you wouldn't trade Price for Fleury?

Old
02-08-2010, 07:43 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by OilGagner89 View Post
Price is worth more than Penner?! You habs fans are ridiculous.. he's almost lost his job to Halak and he is extremely inconsistent.. he's simply a headcase.
Trust me, he is.

Last year Penner was a fat **** and overpaid, now he's worth the world ? Give your head a shake. We have to give up a 1st too ? ****, man. Yes, Penner is playing well, or was, he seems to be coming back down to Earth now. Maybe next year, if he plays well again he'll get a good value, but then he's a UFA, isn't he ?

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2010, 07:45 PM
RevenueSharing*

Quote:
Fleury played great in the playoffs last year, not taking that away from him. But like you said he's susceptible to giving up really bad goals and was not the primary reason why the Penguins won the cup.
He just out-dueled the likes of Osgood, Varlamov and Biron...

Old
02-08-2010, 07:46 PM
scottyG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack DiBiase View Post
No i wouldn't.

Not only does Price have better stats(on a worse team) he is also younger and not paid 5 million. So yes I wouldn't trade Price for Fleury straight up.

Old
02-08-2010, 07:47 PM
RevenueSharing*

Quote:
Based on age, salary and career stats you would take fleury over Price?

Old
02-08-2010, 07:53 PM
Ace Ballsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAHabFan View Post
Frankly, I am not impressed with Hall in the WJC.
Hedman's WJC wasn't very impressive and well..

Ace Ballsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2010, 07:57 PM
Jack DiBiase
wrist-oh-lie-nun

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevenueSharing View Post
Based on age, salary and career stats you would take fleury over Price?
Well, it's a really tough choice. Fleury is an already proven #1 goalie and a Stanley Cup winner. Price may have more potential, but hasn't really shown much consistiency. He's also only a couple of years younger than Fleury, so the age difference is basically non-existant. Also as far as salary goes, Price will get a significant increase after this season,as he is still on his rookie contract. Very tough call, now that I really think about it. Probably would trade Price for Fleury straight up.

Old
02-08-2010, 08:01 PM
scottyG

Quote:
Well, it's a really tough choice. Fleury is an already proven #1 goalie and a Stanley Cup winner. Price may have more potential, but hasn't really shown much consistiency. He's also only a couple of years younger than Fleury, so the age difference is basically non-existant. Also as far as salary goes, Price will get a significant increase after this season,as he is still on his rookie contract. Very tough call, now that I really think about it. Probably would trade Price for Fleury straight up.
Price on pitts= cup too

Also Fleury has even worse stats then Price but he is a proven #1

Old
02-08-2010, 08:06 PM
Jack DiBiase
wrist-oh-lie-nun

Quote:
Price on pitts= cup too

Also Fleury has even worse stats then Price but he is a proven #1
Oh stat-stat-stat... Hell, give Antti Niemi the Vezina already! Goalie stats during a regular season tell more about team performance than the goalie's performance. Besides, Fleury has been playing behind a worse defence than Price during this season.

Old
02-08-2010, 08:49 PM
beowulf
Poster of the Year!

Send a message via MSN to beowulf
Is this a joke?

beowulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2010, 08:52 PM
Playmaker09
Valar Morghulis

Quote:
Oh stat-stat-stat... Hell, give Antti Niemi the Vezina already! Goalie stats during a regular season tell more about team performance than the goalie's performance. Besides, Fleury has been playing behind a worse defence than Price during this season.
LOL, please take a look at our defense. Pretty bad right?

Now, take out Markov...

Playmaker09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2010, 08:57 PM
scottyG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmaker09 View Post
LOL, please take a look at our defense. Pretty bad right?

Now, take out Markov...
Spacek and Gill

I remeber Price played some games behind this

Hamrlik-Gorges
Mara-Belle
O'byrne-Bergeron

Old
02-08-2010, 08:57 PM
thadd
Oil4Life

Send a message via MSN to thadd
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamz View Post
Price 2.2
Spacek 3.833
1st

for

Smid 1.3
Penner 4.25
Tambo would get fired for making such a deal. As he would also get fired for making such a deal proposed by the OP.

thadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2010, 09:02 PM
FanHabtic

There really isn't a proposal that the Oilers could put together that would entice me to trade Price especially considering that there is no way the Oil move their first round pick.

Players like Cogs, Brule, Gagne, Eberle, Nillson etc. etc. do not have any appeal to the Habs due to their smurfiness. Penner's salary and inconsistency is a buzz kill.

Basically i see no point in trading Price to the Oil especially all the proposals that just shaft the Habs. If we are going to get shafted in a deal then may as well get shafted by a team that can give up a forward with decent size and reasonable salary.

FanHabtic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2010, 09:21 PM
InglewoodJack

Quote:
Originally Posted by OilGagner89 View Post
Price is worth more than Penner?! You habs fans are ridiculous.. he's almost lost his job to Halak and he is extremely inconsistent.. he's simply a headcase.
Because all young goalies are great right away?
Price has a great skill set, ask any scout, management, anyone they'll tell you the same. He's still having a good season, but Halak is having a great season. And our first? OP, this is a very bad trade proposal.

InglewoodJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2010, 09:32 PM
thadd
Oil4Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanHabtic View Post
There really isn't a proposal that the Oilers could put together that would entice me to trade Price especially considering that there is no way the Oil move their first round pick.

Players like Cogs, Brule, Gagne, Eberle, Nillson etc. etc. do not have any appeal to the Habs due to their smurfiness. Penner's salary and inconsistency is a buzz kill.

Basically i see no point in trading Price to the Oil especially all the proposals that just shaft the Habs. If we are going to get shafted in a deal then may as well get shafted by a team that can give up a forward with decent size and reasonable salary.
HAH funny man. Penner's inconsistency is just the same as Price's inconsistency.

I think think is the 5th or 6th EDM/MON proposal I've seen in the past 2 weeks with Price...

We Oilers fans have no use for Price unless you guys take Bulinwall off of our hands. And we know that's not happening.

Old
02-08-2010, 09:35 PM
FanHabtic

Quote:
Originally Posted by thadd View Post
HAH funny man. Penner's inconsistency is just the same as Price's inconsistency.

I think think is the 5th or 6th EDM/MON proposal I've seen in the past 2 weeks with Price...

We Oilers fans have no use for Price unless you guys take Bulinwall off of our hands. And we know that's not happening.
If you have no use then please tell your Oiler fans to STOP with the bogus proposals to steal Carey Price. Every Price proposal has been started by an Oiler fan / flyer fan or Chi fan.

If you think he's junk then don't respond in threads where your bretheren request a trade for Price.

Similarly i will continue to say HELL NO to proposals that include your little smurfs and forwards who just happen to be playing for the leagues worst team. They are in last place for a reason!

Old
02-08-2010, 09:54 PM
ccgg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew B View Post

----- Edmonton | Montreal-----

To Edmonton

Carey Price
1st (13-17th Overall)

To Montreal

Dustin Penner
2nd (31st Overall)

Salary is very close, can probably be made post-olympics, if not maybe a salary dump like Paul Mara could be added.

IMO both players have very similar questions, are they the real deal? Can they maintain consistency?

Both have shown flashes of being exceptional players, & IMO both players fill holes in each others line-ups.

I believe this trade also makes sense because Penner is a player entering his prime, and the Canadiens are certainly not rebuilding. Price is still young, and despite his struggles, could be an anchor for the future.
Not a chance, forget Penner and put Hemsky.

ccgg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2010, 10:22 PM
thadd
Oil4Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanHabtic View Post
If you have no use then please tell your Oiler fans to STOP with the bogus proposals to steal Carey Price. Every Price proposal has been started by an Oiler fan / flyer fan or Chi fan.

If you think he's junk then don't respond in threads where your bretheren request a trade for Price.

Similarly i will continue to say HELL NO to proposals that include your little smurfs and forwards who just happen to be playing for the leagues worst team. They are in last place for a reason!
Ok then let's agree to taint every single EDM/MON proposal with Price in it. OK?

Old
02-08-2010, 10:25 PM
thadd
Oil4Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccgg View Post
Not a chance, forget Penner and put Hemsky.
Ok, then you put in P.K. Subban, Ben Maxwell and Yannick Weber.

Old
02-08-2010, 10:31 PM
FanHabtic

Quote:
Originally Posted by thadd View Post
Ok then let's agree to taint every single EDM/MON proposal with Price in it. OK?
Once again its Oiler fans who are requesting Price in a trade. Unfortunately they taint it by adding tiny-dancers in the mix (Cogs/Brule etc.)....

If i could make a HFBoards rule it is that Oilers/Habs fans do not and i repeat do not propose trades between the two teams. We do not make good trade partners. Oilers are chalk full of smurfs. Habs are full of smurfs. Both teams want players with size.

The only difference is that OIler fans seem to want one of our goaltenders while Habs fans don't have any desire for a current Oiler player (not named Hemsky).

Can you blame us? Your roster kinda sucks bad. lol