HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Is Ribs seeing the other side????

Closed Thread

Old
04-24-2004, 03:07 PM
Mooch

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Mooch
Is Ribs seeing the other side????

Note: This is not a bashing thread.

Guys, we all know that Ribs has pretty much stoped giving an effort after that 3d game in Boston. Evidently thats the same time after that "diving" incident happened. Coincidence, I think not. I have the feeling that critisism may have gotten to Ribs. His whole career he has been praised for being such a great talent by the Hab fans. In fact he has even been called the next Gretzky. Well for the first time in his carreer, the Habs fans have turned on him, for supposedly diving. Maybe this is why Ribs has struggled, and has been so ineffective after that incident. The guy isnt use to critism and is playing in a whole new world now, where he is no longer a king of talent that can do no wrong. Perhaps in his mind now, he feels that if he makes a mistake, the fans will turn on him. IMO I hope this is what has happened. Ribs has been a pretty cocky guy his whole career, mainly due too the fans never questioning his abilities or talent, and never seeing any wrong in him. Finally he is seeing the other side, the side that almost all players see. The cocky attitude may have been erased, this can only bring good, i hope anyways!!!!

Thoughts????

Old
04-24-2004, 03:17 PM
Brisson11

Send a message via MSN to Brisson11
Hmmm, this is a good thread, but I can't answer your question because I don't know what's going on in that guys head. It could be lack of confidence, being nervous, or simply bad luck, but the last does not seem like that's what it the problem is. He needs time, and I know they don't have much time, but sometimes the players just need to find what they lost in themselves. Playing with Dags is not helping, and if we get someone other than him who knows how to play better hockey than it's a matter of lighting the flame...

Old
04-24-2004, 03:20 PM
Mooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brisson11
Hmmm, this is a good thread, but I can't answer your question because I don't know what's going on in that guys head. It could be lack of confidence, being nervous, or simply bad luck, but the last does not seem like that's what it the problem is. He needs time, and I know they don't have much time, but sometimes the players just need to find what they lost in themselves. Playing with Dags is not helping, and if we get someone other than him who knows how to play better hockey than it's a matter of lighting the flame...
uhhhhhhh.....your no help at all man. Im looking for answers damnit.

Just kidding Brissy

seriously though, your right, we have no idea what going on in his head. This is just my theory, and thats all it is and may be nowhere near Ribs problem, if he has one at all that is.

Old
04-24-2004, 03:23 PM
fufonzo

Send a message via ICQ to fufonzo Send a message via MSN to fufonzo
I forget who it as that posted it but someone had dug up Ribs' stats while playing with Dags vs when he wasn't and he had twice as many points whne Dags was on his line.

Old
04-24-2004, 03:24 PM
Mooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by fufonzo
I forget who it as that posted it but someone had dug up Ribs' stats while playing with Dags vs when he wasn't and he had twice as many points whne Dags was on his line.
Thats because they have chemistry from their junior days. Obvioulsy it aint working though in the playoffs.

Bye, bye Dagenais is what Gainey will hopefully be saying this summer!

Old
04-24-2004, 03:25 PM
Tuggy

vCash: 50
From what I have seen so far Ribeiro is the type of player who is good in the regular season and vanishes in the playoffs.

He has 0 intensity and his lack of effort is quite frustrating to watch. To be perfectly honest I wouldn't dissappointed if Perrault was tried on the second line to see if he could get something going with Ryder.

Old
04-24-2004, 03:26 PM
English Hab

Send a message via AIM to English Hab Send a message via MSN to English Hab
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooch
Note: This is not a bashing thread.

Guys, we all know that Ribs has pretty much stoped giving an effort after that 3d game in Boston. Evidently thats the same time after that "diving" incident happened. Coincidence, I think not. I have the feeling that critisism may have gotten to Ribs. His whole career he has been praised for being such a great talent by the Hab fans. In fact he has even been called the next Gretzky. Well for the first time in his carreer, the Habs fans have turned on him, for supposedly diving. Maybe this is why Ribs has struggled, and has been so ineffective after that incident. The guy isnt use to critism and is playing in a whole new world now, where he is no longer a king of talent that can do no wrong. Perhaps in his mind now, he feels that if he makes a mistake, the fans will turn on him. IMO I hope this is what has happened. Ribs has been a pretty cocky guy his whole career, mainly due too the fans never questioning his abilities or talent, and never seeing any wrong in him. Finally he is seeing the other side, the side that almost all players see. The cocky attitude may have been erased, this can only bring good, i hope anyways!!!!

Thoughts????
If thats whats going on in his head... and he can't take the critisism... then get rid of him... I've written so many threads this afternoon/evening saying that Ribs will turn it aorund he want won't to be made to look like an idiot by Vinny.. But if he has the bottle to stand up and be counted i don't want him... 65pts or whatever... I want a player who will stand up and say "okay i didn't do my best... I'm gonna work harder" and in the next game just play the game of his life... to prove people wrong.. i don't want sissy who go and cry to momma when they get told of by the coach or the fans starting calling for their head... look at Koivu, look at Kovalev... they've made mistakes, had the fans on their backs... How did they get out of it??? Well the played end to end tough, kick @ss hockey!!!

So Ribs.... suck it up princess....

I want you in MOntreal and i want you to succeed, but your a big boy now and you must stand up for your actions!!!!

Old
04-24-2004, 03:27 PM
Mooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuggy
From what I have seen so far Ribeiro is the type of player who is good in the regular season and vanishes in the playoffs.

He has 0 intensity and his lack of effort is quite frustrating to watch. To be perfectly honest I wouldn't dissappointed if Perrault was tried on the second line to see if he could get something going with Ryder.
Was always a bust in the playoffs, even in his junior days???

If so add Ribs to the bye, bye list of Gaineys. LOL!

Old
04-24-2004, 03:28 PM
English Hab

Quote:
Originally Posted by fufonzo
Yeah i also bet their girlfriends get jealous too!!!!! :lol

Old
Mooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by English Hab
If thats whats going on in his head... and he can't take the critisism... then get rid of him... I've written so many threads this afternoon/evening saying that Ribs will turn it aorund he want won't to be made to look like an idiot by Vinny.. But if he has the bottle to stand up and be counted i don't want him... 65pts or whatever... I want a player who will stand up and say "okay i didn't do my best... I'm gonna work harder" and in the next game just play the game of his life... to prove people wrong.. i don't want sissy who go and cry to momma when they get told of by the coach or the fans starting calling for their head... look at Koivu, look at Kovalev... they've made mistakes, had the fans on their backs... How did they get out of it??? Well the played end to end tough, kick @ss hockey!!!

So Ribs.... suck it up princess....

I want you in MOntreal and i want you to succeed, but your a big boy now and you must stand up for your actions!!!!
Agreed, we dont need whiny cry babies

Old
Brisson11

Send a message via MSN to Brisson11
Quote:
Thats because they have chemistry from their junior days. Obvioulsy it aint working though in the playoffs.

Bye, bye Dagenais is what Gainey will hopefully be saying this summer!
No kidding, this guy is more streaky than something that's really streaky *drum roll*

Ahhh damn him, why can't he be a superstar

Old
Tuggy

Quote:
Was always a bust in the playoffs, even in his junior days???

If so add Ribs to the bye, bye list of Gaineys. LOL!
I have no idea about his junior days but those really don't matter in the NHL. All I know is that I am very dissappointed in his effort thus far in the playoffs. Not sure how much longer Julien can tolerate it because he looked pretty pissed in the post game news conference, and rightfully so!

Old
04-24-2004, 03:40 PM
EaGLE1

Mike Ribeiro in the postseason in the Q= 28 games, 11 goals, 32 assists for 43 pts.

Old
04-24-2004, 03:42 PM
English Hab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brisson11
No kidding, this guy is more streaky than something that's really streaky *drum roll*

Ahhh damn him, why can't he be a superstar
Who says he can't be... let the kid get some balls.. and then we'll re-assess...

He had a terrific year with, as one person said another rookie - in ryder (ribs first proper full year), and an AHL player.... if he puts in the hard work, and loses the attitude problems, and gets a big 2 way Winger on his line... this terrific year may not just be a one off... it could be a yearly occurances.... Gainey and CJ will sort hm out though i think.... well sort him out or ship him out, one of the two..

Old
04-24-2004, 03:45 PM
BBR

Come on its is first playoff experience put Koivu on the second line
whit Dag and Ryder see what is prodoction whould be.
Ryder is not playing well he as 29 shot no goals.
I hope Ribs is traded this summer he gets 65p and no credit for it.
That way its going to be better for the fan and him we can just like one
good center .

Old
04-24-2004, 03:52 PM
Corey

There are other fish in the sea. Ribeiro is not a franchise player.

Old
04-24-2004, 03:57 PM
English Hab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey
Very valid point Corey but are you saying you'd trade him away not knowing what you'd get in return, rather than work with him during the offseason and see how he stats look next year... if he doesn't get anyway close to 70pts.. then maybe a trade would be on and the Ribiero experiment is over....

Though i don't know from your post if you ment you'd trade his straight away after a bad performance in his first NHL playoff trip????

Old
04-24-2004, 04:04 PM
Not The One

What is it with some people and Ribeiro??? He has was our most productive player this year and enjoyed a breakthrough season as a 23 year old and you guys STILL want to trade him for any warm body.

Ribeiro is one of the most popular Habs players among the genreal public with Theodore and Koivu and this board is the only place where he doesn't get any credit.

Where are the threads blaming Souray for his craptastic play?
Where are the threads blaming Ryder or his total lack of production? His two passes were on the Ribeiro goals?

Let's recap who are the goats on this specific board shall we...

Theodore
Brisebois
Ribeiro
Dagenais
Perreault
Juneau
Bouillon
Quintal

and past goats

Traverse
Audette
Czerkawski

See the common thread here.

I'm just saying that the blame for losses like last night often falls on some players that do not entirely deserve it, while others get off scott free. Ribeiro should be giving more to the team right now, but he is far from the only one.

Flame away gentlemen...

Old
04-24-2004, 04:05 PM
BBR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey
Yes trade him is no good is bad .
It just took us 5year+ to have a good 2line center.
I don,t no which sea your fishing but we didn't have a good second line
center since Damphouse they are not easy to find.

Old
04-24-2004, 04:11 PM
Tuggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBR
Come on its is first playoff experience put Koivu on the second line
whit Dag and Ryder see what is prodoction whould be.
Ryder is not playing well he as 29 shot no goals.
I hope Ribs is traded this summer he gets 65p and no credit for it.
That way its going to be better for the fan and him we can just like one
good center .
What is wrong with critizing his play? He did have a great year, no one can take that away from him. So since he had a good year we are just so to *accept* his poor playoff performance? I understand that every player has their bad games but I have seen little to no effort from him this postseason.

And you say its his first postseason, which of course is true, but its also Komisarek's first postseason. Why doesn't Ribeiro have the same intensity as Komi? Oh wait n/m he had 65 pts in the regular season its OK. I think that players need to held accoutable for their actions or lack there of. Accountability is something that Julien has finally brought to this team and Ribeiro expereniced it last night by getting benched. Hopefully he takes that as a wake up call and starts playing hockey because he is an extremely gifted player but with his size his work ethic needs to be a lot better.

Old
04-24-2004, 04:26 PM
BBR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuggy
What is wrong with critizing his play? He did have a great year, no one can take that away from him. So since he had a good year we are just so to *accept* his poor playoff performance? I understand that every player has their bad games but I have seen little to no effort from him this postseason.

And you say its his first postseason, which of course is true, but its also Komisarek's first postseason. Why doesn't Ribeiro have the same intensity as Komi? Oh wait n/m he had 65 pts in the regular season its OK. I think that players need to held accoutable for their actions or lack there of. Accountability is something that Julien has finally brought to this team and Ribeiro expereniced it last night by getting benched. Hopefully he takes that as a wake up call and starts playing hockey because he is an extremely gifted player but with his size his work ethic needs to be a lot better.
He was bench when will souray ryder etc be bench zed played bad for 3 mouth
he was not bench its alwas the same player who are bench its not like the rest
of the team played great last game they all should have been bench he as
2g 1 a in these serie where are Ryder goal is playing whit freaking Dag
put dag whit Koivu take Kovy out see the diffrence playing whit ahl player.
I am not saying is playing great but he made some nice pass to Ryder
I didn't score and is not driving to the net anymore but its should be all
Ribs fault this is not directed all at you but look at the board its a Ribs bashing
party.

Last edited by BBR: 04-24-2004 at 04:34 PM.
Old
04-24-2004, 04:37 PM
loudi94
Master of my Domain

Replace the word Ribeiro with Thornton and you can slap this thread in the Boston forum.
A couple of points to consider:

1. His trade value is minimal. Look at guys that compare to him like Briere and remember that he was practically given to Buffalo.

2. This is his first playoffs. He made a hell of a boo boo (or did he) game 3 and responded with 2 goals in game 4. His go to guy, Ryder is struggling also and Dags, well we all know what we should do with him.

3. His role has been minimalized because Koivu has been a monster these playoffs. I wonder about whether his ego has taken a hit from that. Hopefully this is a wakeup call for him and his worshippers that he has a long ways to go before he comes close to escaping Saku's shadow.

Old
04-24-2004, 04:41 PM
Tuggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by loudi94

3. His role has been minimalized because Koivu has been a monster these playoffs. I wonder about whether his ego has taken a hit from that. Hopefully this is a wakeup call for him and his worshippers that he has a long ways to go before he comes close to escaping Saku's shadow.
That's what I hope, maybe Julien little benching at the end of Game 1 will light a fire under his ass because we are going to need both lines producing in order to compete.

Old
04-24-2004, 04:56 PM
fufonzo

Send a message via ICQ to fufonzo Send a message via MSN to fufonzo
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBR
he as 2g 1 a in these serie where are Ryder goal is playing whit freaking Dag put dag whit Koivu take Kovy out see the diffrence playing whit ahl player.
Koivu played a BIG part of the season with Bulis and Ryder and still got nearly 1 pt/game. And Bulis is NOT better offensively than Dags.
People arent complaining abouit his lack of scoring. It's the effort that we'd like to see.

Old
04-24-2004, 05:01 PM
Mooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by loudi94
Replace the word Ribeiro with Thornton and you can slap this thread in the Boston forum.
A couple of points to consider:

1. His trade value is minimal. Look at guys that compare to him like Briere and remember that he was practically given to Buffalo.

2. This is his first playoffs. He made a hell of a boo boo (or did he) game 3 and responded with 2 goals in game 4. His go to guy, Ryder is struggling also and Dags, well we all know what we should do with him.

His two goals came in game 3, which is also where that boo, boo happened.

So he hasent responded after the boo, boo.

Proof: http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/teams/news_sto...=nhl-canadiens

Read the article, and you will see in the start..."He was in the lineup Tuesday night and opened the scoring 4:41 into the game."

Closed Thread