HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > Mock Drafts
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Mock Drafts Mock drafts for fun and fantasy here.

Fedz Mock Draft - Everybody Is Doing One, Why Not Me?

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-24-2004, 04:14 PM
  #1
Fedz
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Campbell River, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,620
vCash: 500
Fedz Mock Draft - Everybody Is Doing One, Why Not Me?

1. Washington, Alexander Ovechkin
2. Pittsburgh, Evgeni Malkin
3. Chicago, Rostislav Olesz
4. Colombus, Cameron Barker
5. Phoenix, Lauri Tukonen
6. NY Rangers, Robbie Schremp
7. Florida, A.J Thelen
8. Carolina, Drew Stafford
9. Anaheim, Andrew Ladd
10. Atlanta, Alexander Radulov
11. Los Angeles, Marek Schwarz
12. Minnesota, Wojtek Wolski
13. Buffalo, Ladislav Smid
14. Edmonton, Alexandre Picard
15. NY Islanders, Wes O'Neill
16. Nashville, Mike Green
17. St Louis, Kyle Chipchura
18. Montreal, Boris Valabik
19. Calgary, Enver Lisin
20. Dallas, Kirill Lyamin
21. Colorado, Jakub Sindel
22. New Jersey, Brian Bickell
23. Edmonton (from Philadelphia), Alvaro Montoya
24. Vancouver, Lukas Kaspar
25. Ottawa, Carl Söderberg
26. NY Rangers (from Toronto), Dave Bolland
27. Washington (from Boston), Oscar Hedman
28. San Jose, Adam Berti
29. Tampa Bay, Johan Fransson
30. Washington (from Detroit), Evan McGrath

Comments?

Fedz is offline  
Old
04-24-2004, 04:32 PM
  #2
Lowetide
Registered User
 
Lowetide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,281
vCash: 500
Good one. I read all of these, bet there's a bunch of people who do and never post about it. So keep on going, guys.

Anyway, as an Oil fan if this is the actual first round I'd be elated.

Lowetide is offline  
Old
04-24-2004, 04:35 PM
  #3
KH1
Registered User
 
KH1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Under the cap floor
Country: United States
Posts: 16,018
vCash: 500
The Isles won't pass on Chipchura if they get the chance, although I personally would be overjoyed with Wes O'Niell. I think that he's the 3rd best defenseman in the draft, hands down. Green and Valabik aren't even near his level.

KH1 is offline  
Old
04-24-2004, 04:39 PM
  #4
thestonedkoala
Guest
 
Country:
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Minnesota most likely won't go defense again if you read the interviews.

 
Old
04-24-2004, 04:54 PM
  #5
Fedz
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Campbell River, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,620
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowetide
Good one. I read all of these, bet there's a bunch of people who do and never post about it. So keep on going, guys.

Anyway, as an Oil fan if this is the actual first round I'd be elated.
Thanks, I enjoy reading them too. The Oilers will make out like bandits in this years draft if you ask me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Henry I
The Isles won't pass on Chipchura if they get the chance, although I personally would be overjoyed with Wes O'Niell. I think that he's the 3rd best defenseman in the draft, hands down. Green and Valabik aren't even near his level.
I originally had the Isles taking Chipchura, but thought that passing up on O'Neill would be absolutely crazy. I mean they could always make a trade and take Chipchura lower, but passing on O'Neill at 15, isn't an option for anybody.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thestonedkoala
Minnesota most likely won't go defense again if you read the interviews.
They didn't go for a dman in my interview, they took Wojtek Wolski.

Fedz is offline  
Old
04-25-2004, 01:22 AM
  #6
thestonedkoala
Guest
 
Country:
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Kay, I think it might be best for the Wild to move down if Wolski is there...I don't know.

 
Old
04-25-2004, 01:23 AM
  #7
monster_bertuzzi
registered user
 
monster_bertuzzi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 30,840
vCash: 500
Fedz, the Canucks wont be taking a left winger like Kaspar, guaranteed.

monster_bertuzzi is offline  
Old
04-25-2004, 03:00 AM
  #8
Fedz
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Campbell River, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,620
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thestonedkoala
Kay, I think it might be best for the Wild to move down if Wolski is there...I don't know.
Not entirely sure here. I think Wolski is a perfect fit in Minnesota, adding a dimension, along with Gaborik, they could give Minny some offensive punch, not to mention Bouchard in there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster_bertuzzi
Fedz, the Canucks wont be taking a left winger like Kaspar, guaranteed.
I was thinking much the same, my guess is that if Burke is still at the helm, he selects either Hedman, or Bolland, I wasn't sure what to do, I choose IMO, the best offensive player available.

Fedz is offline  
Old
04-25-2004, 06:42 AM
  #9
MN_Gopher
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Mpls
Posts: 3,425
vCash: 500
I think the Wild will go D this year. The articles may not say that but. According to articles we should have Blackburn instead of Koivu, and Stuart instead of Burns. The wild love to play games. If Oneil is there i think we will take him. Too many forwards in the system, PM, Koivu, Burns?, O'Sullivan, Gab, Wallin, Veilieux, Wanvig, with only Mickalek as a future D man, and is a small D man.

MN_Gopher is offline  
Old
04-25-2004, 11:36 AM
  #10
Fedz
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Campbell River, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,620
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MN_Gopher
I think the Wild will go D this year. The articles may not say that but. According to articles we should have Blackburn instead of Koivu, and Stuart instead of Burns. The wild love to play games. If Oneil is there i think we will take him. Too many forwards in the system, PM, Koivu, Burns?, O'Sullivan, Gab, Wallin, Veilieux, Wanvig, with only Mickalek as a future D man, and is a small D man.
Its definetely possible that if O'Neill is there, that he is taken by the Wild, although Wolski still being available at 12th Overall, and passing on him, is a little crazy. Especially for a team that lacks an offensive edge.

Fedz is offline  
Old
04-25-2004, 08:59 PM
  #11
Captain Conservative
Registered User
 
Captain Conservative's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: My Blue Heaven
Country: Spain
Posts: 3,847
vCash: 500
If Fransson is available at 27, I really hope that the Caps pick him up. He could replace a lot of Gonchars production from the back end in a few years.

Captain Conservative is offline  
Old
04-25-2004, 09:20 PM
  #12
Fedz
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Campbell River, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,620
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Conservative
If Fransson is available at 27, I really hope that the Caps pick him up. He could replace a lot of Gonchars production from the back end in a few years.
True, he could, but Hedman is far superior of the two swedish born prospects.

Fedz is offline  
Old
04-25-2004, 09:26 PM
  #13
katodelder
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 653
vCash: 500
Great mock. Ever consider making one with trades?

From a Montreal POV, Valabik would a good choice at #18. Looks like all the other upper tier "D" men will be gone by then (Barker, Thelen, O'Neill, Green).

If Picard is still on the board by the mid-teens, I think Gainey would be tempted to try and trade up to secure a Quebec-born scoring star.

katodelder is offline  
Old
04-25-2004, 09:46 PM
  #14
Fedz
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Campbell River, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,620
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by katodelder
Great mock. Ever consider making one with trades?

From a Montreal POV, Valabik would a good choice at #18. Looks like all the other upper tier "D" men will be gone by then (Barker, Thelen, O'Neill, Green).

If Picard is still on the board by the mid-teens, I think Gainey would be tempted to try and trade up to secure a Quebec-born scoring star.
I decided against trades for now, but I might do a 3 round mock with trades, in the middle of june, more towards the draft.


Barker, Thelen, O'Neill will all be gone by your pick, I can guarantee it. Green, well it all depends on what happens draft day.

And on the Picard subject, Im highly against it, you have great young scorers in Kostitsyn, Perezoghin, and Higgins. No Need.

Fedz is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:48 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.