HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kings v. Ducks - 2/8/10 - POSTGAME THOUGHTS & TIDBITS

Closed Thread

Old
02-08-2010, 11:38 PM
Shellz

vCash: 500
Now lets just breathe guys. It sucks to lose. The Kings didn't play well at all. No reason to start blaming everyone in sight. They will get it back together and win the next game. These kind of games happen, no reason to start ******** on everything.

Old
02-08-2010, 11:38 PM
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust

most important thing is the ability to bounce back next game, a loss is a loss, now let’s see how this team bounces back from a loss, that’s what really shows what a team is made of

Old
02-08-2010, 11:39 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 5888
Well, time to start a new streak.

Old
Shellz

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKAY47 View Post
most important thing is the ability to bounce back next game, a loss is a loss, now letís see how this team bounces back from a loss, thatís what really shows what a team is made of
This, please read this.

Old
Cruel11
Son, just don't.

We can't win them all. On to the Oilers!

Old
KingsRule

Send a message via AIM to KingsRule
thats the last game i get to watch until after the break because im going fishing thursday for the weekend

Old
02-08-2010, 11:40 PM
FootKnight
This ****ing team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelle121 View Post
This, please read this.
I thought you quoted yourself at first... I always look at avatars to tell people apart rather than names.

Old
no name

The biggest thing that I'm disapointed in was that there was zero fights. LOL!! Oh well. Whiskey, SoD and Greene were all terrible tonight. Even Doughty started off pretty unsure of what to do out there. It didn't help that the forwards spacing was terrible. There was zero chemistry amongst the forwards.

There will be another streak. I'd like to see a 3rd line, gritty scorer added so that we can send Parse down to Manchester. He hasn't made much of a dent recently. Sure he and Moller have not been put in a position to succeed so with that in mind I'd like to see them get top line minutes while pushing for the playoffs in Manchester.

Old
aegwillnotwinthecup*

Just a really sloppy, apathetic, generally lazy game by the Kings. A nine game win streak is going to get to your head sooner or later, and you'll stop doing the little things that helped you get there in the first place.

Positives:

- Injured Getzlaf. Screws the Ducks, helps the Kings. Screws Team Canada, helps Team USA.
- Crowd sounded louder when the Kings scored than the Ducks. Figures. Ducks' fans returning to their bandwagoning roots.
- Quick in the first.
- Kopitar got a point.

Negatives:
- Pretty much everything else.

Expletives:
- Murray changing up the lines. Browpitar crashes and burns once again. Nice coaching, chief.
- Drewsike. I know the kid is just coming back, but dear God.
- Probably the only words heard from Zad's mouth all night long.

On to the next. Edmonton should be a nice bounce back. At least now this team can get back to basics. I'm not too worried about the Ducks making the playoffs, either. The closer they are to the blackhole the better.

Old
kingsholygrail
Interference = Cup

Old
Cruel11
Son, just don't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKAY47 View Post
most important thing is the ability to bounce back next game, a loss is a loss, now letís see how this team bounces back from a loss, thatís what really shows what a team is made of
This and they need to play a full 60 minutes. They can't always have comebacks during the playoffs.

Old
02-08-2010, 11:41 PM
Shellz

Quote:
Originally Posted by FootKnight View Post
I thought you quoted yourself at first... I always look at avatars to tell people apart rather than names.
Hahahahh, no, I'm not THAT bad.

Old
02-08-2010, 11:42 PM
Legionnaire
Kill! Jeff, Kill!!!

I think Hazy may be pregnant with Perrry's baby.

Old
02-08-2010, 11:42 PM
CTKingsFan
6/11/12 & 6/13/14

What's really rich about the line changes is not only does he change them in a 9 game winning streak. But he changes to the way they where prior to the winning streak!

Okay i'm done. Bring the Oil. Go kings!

Old
02-08-2010, 11:43 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

I'm noticing a pattern with the Kings having difficulty handling big forwards or players crashing to the net. The Kings lack of foot speed on defense is also being exposed by speedier players. The centers and forwards were not very alert in their back checking and defensive assignments. I was noticing a lack of control off the faceoffs. Sloppy play all around. Nobody played particularly well tonight.

Old
02-08-2010, 11:43 PM
KingsRule

Quote:
Originally Posted by aegwillnotwinthecup View Post
Just a really sloppy, apathetic, generally lazy game by the Kings. A nine game win streak is going to get to your head sooner or later, and you'll stop doing the little things that helped you get there in the first place.

Positives:

- Injured Getzlaf. Screws the Ducks, helps the Kings. Screws Team Canada, helps Team USA.
- Crowd sounded louder when the Kings scored than the Ducks. Figures. Ducks' fans returning to their bandwagoning roots.
- Quick in the first.
- Kopitar got a point.

Negatives:
- Pretty much everything else.

Expletives:
- Murray changing up the lines. Browpitar crashes and burns once again. Nice coaching, chief.
- Drewsike. I know the kid is just coming back, but dear God.
- Probably the only words heard from Zad's mouth all night long.

On to the next. Edmonton should be a nice bounce back. At least now this team can get back to basics. I'm not too worried about the Ducks making the playoffs, either. The closer they are to the blackhole the better.
hopefully its a high ankle sprain. those take a long time to heal. id have rathered perrys head getting slap-shotted off of his shoulders though

Old
02-08-2010, 11:44 PM
bland

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLudwig View Post
Refs screwed us royally...
Good lord, don't be "that" fan... there wasn't a single penalty call in this game that was even debatable - with the exception of the disallowed goal which favored us, the ref's were flawless.

The Ducks soundly beat the Kings all over the ice, and it didn't help that Murray sabotaged his own team with line combo's that have proven time and time again to be futile.

Old
02-08-2010, 11:45 PM
SMoneyMonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by aegwillnotwinthecup View Post
Not cool to be happy about an injured player, no matter who it is unless they're super dirty (Bertuzzi, Cormier, Domi). Really hope he's not too bad.

Kind of hilarious that some Ducks fans think it might have been on purpose though

Old
02-08-2010, 11:45 PM
KingsRule

Quote:
Originally Posted by bland View Post
Good lord, don't be "that" fan... there wasn't a single penalty call in this game that was even debatable - with the exception of the disallowed goal which favored us, the ref's were flawless.

The Ducks soundly beat the Kings all over the ice, and it didn't help that Murray sabotaged his own team with line combo's that have proven time and time again to be futile.
you must not have seen that richardson "boarding" call where the duck player fell before even being touched. other than that though, they werent bad

Old
02-08-2010, 11:47 PM
Shellz

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMoneyMonkey View Post
Not cool to be happy about an injured player, no matter who it is unless they're super dirty (Bertuzzi, Cormier, Domi). Really hope he's not too bad.

Kind of hilarious that some Ducks fans think it might have been on purpose though
Unless they are super dirty? Seriously? You're only mad because hes on the Canada Olympic team. I hope he isn't hurt that bad. But, if you think its wrong for one fan to make fun of a player being hurt just being he isn't 'SUPER' dirty, is just as wrong. Make up your mind.

Old
02-08-2010, 11:48 PM
bland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
I'm noticing a pattern with the Kings having difficulty handling big forwards or players crashing to the net. The Kings lack of foot speed on defense is also being exposed by speedier players. The centers and forwards were not very alert in their back checking and defensive assignments. I was noticing a lack of control off the faceoffs. Sloppy play all around. Nobody played particularly well tonight.

This has been true since the start of the last Ducks game at Staples. The Kings looked cocky and lazy in that game, and have been off the mark since. Hopefully this slap in the face wakes them up.

Old
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust

... I'd be worried if we lost to Edmonton on Thursday though.. we need to make the playoffs, we have 2 more games now, let's go out and play well against Edmonton. Then beat Colorado, resulting in one of those 4 point game situations, since the Avalanche are sneaking up on us (only 3 points behind now)

I say put Ersberg in against Edmonton, but that's just my opinion, TM might play Quick for the rest of the games until the break since he figures Jon might get a nice rest during the break

Old
TonySCV
Two Timer!

Hell of a run... really. 43 years folks. It's never happened before.

It's a shame winning streaks have to end with such a thud, but they do. They need to have a good bounce-back effort against Edmonton Thursday and I'll feel better about tonight in a hurry.

Old
02-08-2010, 11:49 PM
RonSwanson*
Gadfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurrilino View Post
Ladies.......... and Gentleman.....

please tape this game.

This is exactly how our 1dt Playoff game will look like.

Two aggressive Teams
and the special teams will decide the series.

The Coyotes will kick our ass so badly.

I really don;t know what Lombardi is thinking in keeping Kompton....
or the other staff........

Bring in a real coach.....
demote Murray to the defense coach
bring in an agressive offense coach....

Keep Kompton as a locker room guy...
Paint him like a clown and let him will talk about hockey between the periods....
that will give the players a good laugh.
After that everyone can throw a creampie into his face.
The "replace Murray" thing is getting old, Kurrilino. We get it already.

Old
02-08-2010, 11:49 PM
bland

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingsRule View Post
you must not have seen that richardson "boarding" call where the duck player fell before even being touched. other than that though, they werent bad
No, I did see it, and it was a blatant trip - Richey' stick was in Brookbank's skates and knocked him off balance into the boards.

Call it a trip or a board, either way it was an obvious call.

Closed Thread