HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trotz Breaks Down 2010 Olympics - Erat speaks about Trotz

Old
02-11-2010, 07:37 PM
Seth Lake

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Trotz Breaks Down 2010 Olympics - Erat speaks about Trotz

Quote:
There's a reason Barry Trotz hasn't changed his style of coaching in 10-plus seasons as the head coach of the Nashville Predators.

"The players just want to win for him," Predators forward Martin Erat told NHL.com. "And, really, that's how it's always been."
Quote:
In the meantime, however, Trotz is very much looking forward to the 2010 Winter Olympics. Trotz knows all about international competition and the pressure Team Canada will face playing at home this month. In 2003, he served as an assistant coach for Canada's gold-medal winning team at the World Championships in Finland. He also was an assistant in the '02 World Championships and the silver-medal winning '09 World Championship Canadian Team in Switzerland.

Trotz took some time to sit down with NHL.com during his club's recent East Coast swing to discuss the Olympics.
http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=5...erolympics2010

Couple nice quotes from Erat regarding Trotz and then a Q & A session with Trotz regarding the upcoming Olympics...

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2010, 07:50 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

I like this quote about Suter/Weber/Erat. It really ups Weber even more in my mind.

NHL.com: Is there anything you can tell us about Olympians Martin Erat (Czech Republic), Shea Weber (Team Canada) and Ryan Suter (Team USA) that fans don't know?
Trotz: "Well, 'Sutes' makes us laugh because he's a farm kid and owns a tractor and has a farm. But when we ask him if and when he farms, he never really gives us an answer so we figure he just drives around all summer on a tractor. I know 'Webs' is just as intense in the off-season as he is during the season, in terms of his workouts. I know that's nothing revealing but he does like to have fun, but is as focused an individual as you'll ever meet. And Marty absolutely loves soccer; he loves the World Cup soccer and I think he's even going to South Africa this year to watch some of that. He's a big-time soccer and tennis fan -- he knows everything about it."

02-11-2010, 08:57 PM
braindead

Anyone catch the guys today on nhl live? I think Suter and Weber were in studio.

braindead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2010, 10:54 PM
quoth the Raven
Anders Lindback Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by braindead View Post
Anyone catch the guys today on nhl live? I think Suter and Weber were in studio.
I recorded it on the DVR but haven't watched it yet. There was an interview on NHL Live about 30 minutes ago with Weber too (different from the one earlier today). He said that Erat is the one that likes to talk the most "smack" about the upcoming Olympics.

quoth the Raven is offline   Reply With Quote