HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Lecalvier to Vancouver

Old
02-09-2010, 06:29 PM
JuniorNelson

vCash: 2061
Quote:
Originally Posted by jin View Post
Yeah, I think it involves not re-signing Demitra + Mitchell +Wellwood + Johnson, and trading Bernier + Bieksa for prospects or minimum wage guys.

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows
Samuelsson - Lecavalier - Grabner
Raymond - Kesler - Hansen (assume Kesler = 4.5, Raymond = 2.5)
Glass - Bolduc - Rypien (all minimum or close)
Pettinger

Hamhuis/Mitchell - Ehrhoff (assume Hamhuis/Mitchell = 3.5)
Edler - Salo
Lukowich - O'Brien (assume Luko =500K, O'Brien 1.6)
Baumgartner (500K)

Luongo
Raycroft (assume minimum)

Leaves enough room for injury callup ($250K). Doesn't really look that great but deffinitly could make some noise (basically turns our current 2nd line to the 3rd line) and our 3rd pair into the turnstiles.
I love alternate realities!
Hasn't Lecavilier been playing wing lately? I think Kesler is the second line center. This model gives you Lecavilier,Kesler,Samuelsson as second line. At that point, following your set criteria, third and fourth lines look a bit different to me. I would play Rypien at third line center with Grabner and Raymond. My fourth line would consist of a mix of Pettinger,Glass,Hansen and Johnson. Bolduc would be a good spare.
I think the point, though illustrative, is moot with that defence. That is an AHL defence. I think your modelling shows how destructive a Lecavilier trade would really be! Good show.

JuniorNelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2010, 06:31 PM
Ludicrous Speed

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpezDispenser View Post
A fair trade IMO.

Vinny for Kesler, Bieksa and Schneider (who is still a prospect, albeit a good one)? Sounds good for both sides. Maybe a little light on value with Bieksa in there instead of Edler, but it sounds decent enough.
Quote:
True, why would anyone want a former Hart Trophy winner. By former I mean three year removed. His injuries have healed, he's playing the game the way he played it before his wrist issues. What exactly is not to like?

EDIT: He may have only won the Rocket and not the Hart. Now I can't recall, still, you don't want a perennial threat for 50 goals and 100 assists?
surely you must be under the influence of something right now.

Ludicrous Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2010, 06:32 PM
Moobles

Quote:
How's Gaborik doing in that new house that he bought from your sister (or was it sister-in-law)?
Last I heard was he fell through a plot hole and ended up in New York.

Moobles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2010, 06:33 PM
Vic Rattlehead*

Quote:
True, why would anyone want a former Hart Trophy winner. By former I mean three year removed. His injuries have healed, he's playing the game the way he played it before his wrist issues. What exactly is not to like?

EDIT: He may have only won the Rocket and not the Hart. Now I can't recall, still, you don't want a perennial threat for 50 goals and 100 assists?
50 goals and 100 assists? Wtf?

He's only hit 50 goals once....I don't see how he's a perennial threat to hit 50 goals.

In fact, he has only had more than 40 goals once (the 52 goal season). If anything, that's an anomaly.

Vic Rattlehead* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2010, 06:40 PM
NFITO
hockeyinsanity*****

I wouldn't deal Kesler straight up for Lecavalier, let alone add a bunch of other pieces just so we can add a $7.727mill cap hit for the next 10 years!

might as well bid on Kovalchuk as a UFA and keep Kesler. And considering how Gillis said that they weren't comfortable giving a contract longer than 7 years for any skater (and would only do it for a franchise goalie), this rumour has no legs at all anyways.

Lecavalier might be a great player, but the Canucks don't have scoring issues... why would you lose any cap flexibility you have - for the next 5+ years (as the Sedins are locked up for that long, plus Luongo for another 12 years), just to add more scoring. That would be a downright stupid way to build a team - add a massive cap hit for another scoring forward on a team that is already scoring well, while leaving nothing to improve the defense or the bottom-6 with quality players, and both areas are much bigger concerns.

bottom line, Lecavalier does not fit in Vancouver, and his contract, which is nothing short of terrible, isn't something that this team should even consider.

NFITO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2010, 06:53 PM
8spokesontheB
Cry Havoc!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z-Diddy View Post
I'm practically member #000001 in the vinnyisamonster fan club, but I would be a little hesitant about seeing him in the Northwest division, its just slightly, barely, tiny, little different hockey than the Southeast
True. Of the past 5 Stanley Cup Champions, the Southeast has supplied 2. The Northwest...just slightly, barely, tiny, little bit different.

8spokesontheB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2010, 07:22 PM
Sinistril

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuniorNelson View Post
I love alternate realities!
Hasn't Lecavilier been playing wing lately? I think Kesler is the second line center. This model gives you Lecavilier,Kesler,Samuelsson as second line. At that point, following your set criteria, third and fourth lines look a bit different to me. I would play Rypien at third line center with Grabner and Raymond. My fourth line would consist of a mix of Pettinger,Glass,Hansen and Johnson. Bolduc would be a good spare.
I think the point, though illustrative, is moot with that defence. That is an AHL defence. I think your modelling shows how destructive a Lecavilier trade would really be! Good show.
If you watch Raymond this year you'd know he is a legit 2nd liner. And Rypien should never be playing on a teams 3rd line.

Canucks dont want or need Lecavaliers lifetime contract and theyre not trading a perfect 2nd line center to fill a spot they already have filled for the next 5 years. Especially when you consider Lecavalier is declining every year and the younger Kesler is improving every year. Keslers offensive game is under rated and his defensive game >> Lecavalier. I agree with the earlier poster, I wouldn't do Kesler for Lecavalier straight up at this point. Even if he had a reasonable contract I probably still wouldn't.

Sinistril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2010, 09:26 PM
canadianmagpie

vCash: 2800
and Lecavalier plays with who? He won't be on the same line as the Sedins... makes no sense whatsoever

canadianmagpie is offline   Reply With Quote