HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Potter up

Old
02-09-2010, 10:11 PM
Crease

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by UAGoalieGuy View Post
More the reason to get you a prefix! lol Thanks again my friend.
The Mods actually changed the Trade Board thread from "Speculation" to "Rumor" because Dagoon's word is so well-respected by HF.

Crease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2010, 10:13 PM
UAGoalieGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crease View Post
The Mods actually changed the Trade Board thread from "Speculation" to "Rumor" because Dagoon's word is so well-respected by HF.
Dagoon, the HF-Rangers Board rockstar! lol

UAGoalieGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2010, 10:17 PM
Dagoon44

Send a message via AIM to Dagoon44 Send a message via Yahoo to Dagoon44
lol just lately when I posted the Brashear signing and Orr Leaving threads people wanted to kill me and when I got them right people still wanted to hang me. I just share info I get and I do on here because 99% of u love this team as much as I do.

Dagoon44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2010, 10:19 PM
smoneil

No offense to Dagoon, but I really hope that you're wrong on this one. Florida's big issue is lack of heart. Those are the players they will be looking to move. What the Rangers need is exactly what Torts asked for: Patience. Wait for the prospects to develop. Pick up a couple more through the draft and trading guys like Vinnie P. In a couple of years, when bigger salaries are either gone or more trade-able, pick up a FA to fill the holes. Having guys like Dubi and Cally, who provide energy, leadership and points (Cally looks to be a safe bet for 20 goals per year, and Dubi's basement seems to be 40-points) on a 3rd line will be a necessity when this team is ready to make a few Cup runs. Horton is the bigger name. Our guys are the better players for the situation this team is in right now. Not as talented, but better for this team.

Incidentally, I am also curious as to whether or not Peters had anything to say about Prust. You KNOW you asked him about it Dagoon. Share!

smoneil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2010, 10:22 PM
UAGoalieGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagoon44 View Post
lol just lately when I posted the Brashear signing and Orr Leaving threads people wanted to kill me and when I got them right people still wanted to hang me. I just share info I get and I do on here because 99% of u love this team as much as I do.
Just human nature. If some people do not like something they hear, they attack the messenger instead of the source.

UAGoalieGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2010, 10:26 PM
NYROrtsFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMessiah1194 View Post
Horton has been known to be a heartless, passionless player, who shows up when he feels. He's been in Florida over 5 yrs, he's helped them win ****. No thank you, don't care about his talent. Dubinsky bleeds blue, I'll take that on my team over some lazy ass. Just like I'd take Strudwick over Redden (nvm their contracts), don't give a **** about his outlet pass or his pts, Struds brings it every night!!

Unload Brash? Waive his ass, he's garbage, doesn't even play, OMfingG
This should be quoted a million times. It's just something a lot of fans don't necessarily get. So many are stuck in that video game mode where they look at everything on paper and decide how good/bad a team is based on that.

Intangibles are huge in sports and they simply mean more than talent.

You have to get guys who want to be here.

As much as Dubi's game annoys me, I know he wants to be here and I consider that strongly before moving him in any deal.

Rangers just need more guys like that and they need to get rid of guys who don't care... Redden doesn't care, Brash doesn't care. I'd even put up the argument that Rozy DOES care and that is the reason he should stay.

NYROrtsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2010, 10:26 PM
Vitto79

Corey Potter rules!!

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2010, 10:29 PM
darko

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYROrtsFan View Post

Chris Drury? Is that you?

darko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2010, 10:31 PM
Wraparounds
Powerful Wizard

Quote:
This should be quoted a million times. It's just something a lot of fans don't necessarily get. So many are stuck in that video game mode where they look at everything on paper and decide how good/bad a team is based on that.

As much as Dubi's game annoys me, I know he wants to be here and I consider that strongly before moving him in any deal.

Rangers just need more guys like that and they need to get rid of guys who don't care... Redden doesn't care, Brash doesn't care. I'd even put up the argument that Rozy DOES care and that is the reason he should stay.
Chris Drury.

Wraparounds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2010, 10:37 PM
Ail
UH82CIT

Quote:
Originally Posted by darko View Post
Chris Drury? Is that you?
I was waiting for that one.

Ail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2010, 10:43 PM
XLJ

Quote:
Horton has been known to be a heartless, passionless player, who shows up when he feels. He's been in Florida over 5 yrs, he's helped them win ****. No thank you, don't care about his talent. Dubinsky bleeds blue, I'll take that on my team over some lazy ass. Just like I'd take Strudwick over Redden (nvm their contracts), don't give a **** about his outlet pass or his pts, Struds brings it every night!!

Unload Brash? Waive his ass, he's garbage, doesn't even play, OMfingG

I agree 100% if you are going to trade Dubinsky or Callahan you better get someone like Heatley in return. Getting a player like Horton who just might only be a slight upgrade right now isn't worth it.

XLJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2010, 10:51 PM
In The Flesh

Quote:

yep. I gotta question how many guys here actually watched this team 98-lockout. The 05-06 season meant so much to me because it was the first time in yrs we had a great TEAM. A bunch of guys who played well together, had great chemistry, all wanted to be here, and played their hearts out for eachother. Thats all I want to see.

In The Flesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2010, 10:59 PM
Dagoon44

To just add my 2 cents to this. No one on the senators side has ever stated Dubi was the make or break part of the Heatly deal. Dubi is a solid NHL guy far from a star imo.

Old
02-09-2010, 11:00 PM
nyr2417

Quote:
yep. I gotta question how many guys here actually watched this team 98-lockout. The 05-06 season meant so much to me because it was the first time in yrs we had a great TEAM. A bunch of guys who played well together, had great chemistry, all wanted to be here, and played their hearts out for eachother. Thats all I want to see.
amen brother, imo dubi and cally are untradable. i expect cally to be a career 50-60point/yr player with a brass set of balls and plays in all situations. and i expect dubi to be a 60-70 point/yr who will also bring it all every night. Seeing dubi go after carcillo in the box after he fought gaborik should have solidified his spot on this team long-term

nyr2417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2010, 11:02 PM
nyr2417

not only does dubi give it his all on the ice during the season, in the off-season he rented ice time every week at least 3 times a week to improve on his shot which has noticeably improved, im excited for his future

nyr2417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2010, 11:04 PM
Hockey Team
Hunger Force

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyko1827 View Post
not only does dubi give it his all on the ice during the season, in the off-season he rented ice time every week at least 3 times a week to improve on his shot which has noticeably improved, im excited for his future
The rangers don't provide their players a rink to use in the off season?!!

Hockey Team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2010, 11:05 PM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

So Sather won't trade Dubinsky for Dany Heatley but he will trade him now for an injured Panther?

Mmmm that sounds very [E4]

If this ends up letting Brashear go, that would be good enough.

02-09-2010, 11:07 PM
Cmox

Quote:
Originally Posted by f2d View Post
The rangers don't provide their players a rink to use in the off season?!!
When they are refusing to re-sign , yes.

Cmox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2010, 11:07 PM
rangers4ever2007

as far as potter is concerned, why did he get called up over heikkinen?

rangers4ever2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2010, 11:09 PM
smoneil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagoon44 View Post
To just add my 2 cents to this. No one on the senators side has ever stated Dubi was the make or break part of the Heatly deal. Dubi is a solid NHL guy far from a star imo.
I don't disagree with you. He's not a star. He's a supporting player. In the pre-lockout days, the Rangers made a habit out of trading players like that for "stars." Bottom line, guys- any player who is available in exchange for a good supporting player ISN'T a star. There is always some defect. You almost never trade for a star (aside from the RARE exception like Jagr).

This team is building the framework to be successful. The goalie is in place. One superstar forward is in place. The "middle six" is just about in place. When the prospects start to mature, the Rangers will add whatever piece is missing (I'm guessing it will be a top line center, since I see Anisimov and Stepan fighting over the 2nd/3rd line spots, and Dubi playing wing). Patience patience patience. This is why they never rebuild in NY. They don't think the fans will stand for it. It looks like they were kind of right about that.

smoneil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2010, 11:10 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangers4ever2007 View Post
as far as potter is concerned, why did he get called up over heikkinen?
Because he isnt going to play in all likelyhood. And management is more concerned about beer's development.

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2010, 11:11 PM
Cherepanisimov

We're weak enough at center as is, what does a Dubinsky for Horton deal do for us? I know Horton can play center, but I feel he is much better on the wing, and I believe he is officially listed as a winger. I don't think Anisimov is the answer to our 1st line center problems, at least not yet.

And if we are going to give up our heart and soul players to go after a winger from Florida, it sure as hell better not be for a lazy player like Horton. Booth or Frolik better be coming back if we are giving up Dubinsky or Callahan. The fact that people complain about this team being lazy and then suggest trading Dubi or Cally for Horton is ridiculous.

Cherepanisimov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2010, 11:16 PM
Dagoon44

Just a little opinion here but Torts seems to pick on Dubi a lot.

Old
02-09-2010, 11:17 PM
bobbop
Henrik & Pop

Dagoon, thanks for the information. Your track record speaks for itself.

Interesting that lots of names are in play. Seems like Florida has a lot of underperforming offensive players. If Horton is the target here, I wonder if Sather wants to add him to his core and may prefer to trade picks/players not currently with the big club (as well as packaging some salary)

You are right, this could get interesting.

bobbop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2010, 11:22 PM
Chimp

We only have crap to deal, we have terrible team scoring. We need a guy like Horton more than a guy like Dubi. That's how I see it.

Chimp is offline   Reply With Quote