HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Potter up

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-09-2010, 10:11 PM
  #126
Crease
Registered User
 
Crease's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 9,833
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by UAGoalieGuy View Post
More the reason to get you a prefix! lol Thanks again my friend.
The Mods actually changed the Trade Board thread from "Speculation" to "Rumor" because Dagoon's word is so well-respected by HF.

Crease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2010, 10:13 PM
  #127
UAGoalieGuy
Registered User
 
UAGoalieGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Long Island,New York
Country: United States
Posts: 8,858
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crease View Post
The Mods actually changed the Trade Board thread from "Speculation" to "Rumor" because Dagoon's word is so well-respected by HF.
Dagoon, the HF-Rangers Board rockstar! lol

UAGoalieGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2010, 10:17 PM
  #128
Dagoon44
Registered User
 
Dagoon44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 5,079
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Dagoon44 Send a message via Yahoo to Dagoon44
lol just lately when I posted the Brashear signing and Orr Leaving threads people wanted to kill me and when I got them right people still wanted to hang me. I just share info I get and I do on here because 99% of u love this team as much as I do.

Dagoon44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2010, 10:19 PM
  #129
smoneil
Registered User
 
smoneil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Rochester
Country: United States
Posts: 2,291
vCash: 500
No offense to Dagoon, but I really hope that you're wrong on this one. Florida's big issue is lack of heart. Those are the players they will be looking to move. What the Rangers need is exactly what Torts asked for: Patience. Wait for the prospects to develop. Pick up a couple more through the draft and trading guys like Vinnie P. In a couple of years, when bigger salaries are either gone or more trade-able, pick up a FA to fill the holes. Having guys like Dubi and Cally, who provide energy, leadership and points (Cally looks to be a safe bet for 20 goals per year, and Dubi's basement seems to be 40-points) on a 3rd line will be a necessity when this team is ready to make a few Cup runs. Horton is the bigger name. Our guys are the better players for the situation this team is in right now. Not as talented, but better for this team.

Incidentally, I am also curious as to whether or not Peters had anything to say about Prust. You KNOW you asked him about it Dagoon. Share!

smoneil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2010, 10:22 PM
  #130
UAGoalieGuy
Registered User
 
UAGoalieGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Long Island,New York
Country: United States
Posts: 8,858
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagoon44 View Post
lol just lately when I posted the Brashear signing and Orr Leaving threads people wanted to kill me and when I got them right people still wanted to hang me. I just share info I get and I do on here because 99% of u love this team as much as I do.
Just human nature. If some people do not like something they hear, they attack the messenger instead of the source.

UAGoalieGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2010, 10:26 PM
  #131
NYROrtsFan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,983
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by theMessiah1194 View Post
Horton has been known to be a heartless, passionless player, who shows up when he feels. He's been in Florida over 5 yrs, he's helped them win ****. No thank you, don't care about his talent. Dubinsky bleeds blue, I'll take that on my team over some lazy ass. Just like I'd take Strudwick over Redden (nvm their contracts), don't give a **** about his outlet pass or his pts, Struds brings it every night!!

Unload Brash? Waive his ass, he's garbage, doesn't even play, OMfingG
This should be quoted a million times. It's just something a lot of fans don't necessarily get. So many are stuck in that video game mode where they look at everything on paper and decide how good/bad a team is based on that.

Intangibles are huge in sports and they simply mean more than talent.

You have to get guys who want to be here.

As much as Dubi's game annoys me, I know he wants to be here and I consider that strongly before moving him in any deal.

Rangers just need more guys like that and they need to get rid of guys who don't care... Redden doesn't care, Brash doesn't care. I'd even put up the argument that Rozy DOES care and that is the reason he should stay.

NYROrtsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2010, 10:26 PM
  #132
Vitto79
Registered User
 
Vitto79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Sarnia
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,000
vCash: 500
Corey Potter rules!!

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2010, 10:29 PM
  #133
darko
Registered User
 
darko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Country: Australia
Posts: 35,446
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYROrtsFan View Post
Intangibles are huge in sports and they simply mean more than talent.

Chris Drury? Is that you?

darko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2010, 10:31 PM
  #134
Wraparounds
Powerful Wizard
 
Wraparounds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 8,388
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYROrtsFan View Post
This should be quoted a million times. It's just something a lot of fans don't necessarily get. So many are stuck in that video game mode where they look at everything on paper and decide how good/bad a team is based on that.

Intangibles are huge in sports and they simply mean more than talent.

You have to get guys who want to be here.

As much as Dubi's game annoys me, I know he wants to be here and I consider that strongly before moving him in any deal.

Rangers just need more guys like that and they need to get rid of guys who don't care... Redden doesn't care, Brash doesn't care. I'd even put up the argument that Rozy DOES care and that is the reason he should stay.
Chris Drury.

Wraparounds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2010, 10:37 PM
  #135
Ail
UH82CIT
 
Ail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Mysidia
Country: United States
Posts: 18,724
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by darko View Post
Chris Drury? Is that you?
I was waiting for that one.

Ail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2010, 10:43 PM
  #136
XLJ
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 1,372
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by theMessiah1194 View Post
Horton has been known to be a heartless, passionless player, who shows up when he feels. He's been in Florida over 5 yrs, he's helped them win ****. No thank you, don't care about his talent. Dubinsky bleeds blue, I'll take that on my team over some lazy ass. Just like I'd take Strudwick over Redden (nvm their contracts), don't give a **** about his outlet pass or his pts, Struds brings it every night!!

Unload Brash? Waive his ass, he's garbage, doesn't even play, OMfingG

I agree 100% if you are going to trade Dubinsky or Callahan you better get someone like Heatley in return. Getting a player like Horton who just might only be a slight upgrade right now isn't worth it.

XLJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2010, 10:51 PM
  #137
In The Flesh
Registered User
 
In The Flesh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 9,738
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYROrtsFan View Post
This should be quoted a million times. It's just something a lot of fans don't necessarily get. So many are stuck in that video game mode where they look at everything on paper and decide how good/bad a team is based on that.

Intangibles are huge in sports and they simply mean more than talent.

You have to get guys who want to be here.

As much as Dubi's game annoys me, I know he wants to be here and I consider that strongly before moving him in any deal.

Rangers just need more guys like that and they need to get rid of guys who don't care... Redden doesn't care, Brash doesn't care. I'd even put up the argument that Rozy DOES care and that is the reason he should stay.
yep. I gotta question how many guys here actually watched this team 98-lockout. The 05-06 season meant so much to me because it was the first time in yrs we had a great TEAM. A bunch of guys who played well together, had great chemistry, all wanted to be here, and played their hearts out for eachother. Thats all I want to see.

In The Flesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2010, 10:59 PM
  #138
Dagoon44
Registered User
 
Dagoon44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 5,079
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Dagoon44 Send a message via Yahoo to Dagoon44
To just add my 2 cents to this. No one on the senators side has ever stated Dubi was the make or break part of the Heatly deal. Dubi is a solid NHL guy far from a star imo.

Dagoon44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2010, 11:00 PM
  #139
nyr2417
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1,905
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by theMessiah1194 View Post
yep. I gotta question how many guys here actually watched this team 98-lockout. The 05-06 season meant so much to me because it was the first time in yrs we had a great TEAM. A bunch of guys who played well together, had great chemistry, all wanted to be here, and played their hearts out for eachother. Thats all I want to see.
amen brother, imo dubi and cally are untradable. i expect cally to be a career 50-60point/yr player with a brass set of balls and plays in all situations. and i expect dubi to be a 60-70 point/yr who will also bring it all every night. Seeing dubi go after carcillo in the box after he fought gaborik should have solidified his spot on this team long-term

nyr2417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2010, 11:02 PM
  #140
nyr2417
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1,905
vCash: 500
not only does dubi give it his all on the ice during the season, in the off-season he rented ice time every week at least 3 times a week to improve on his shot which has noticeably improved, im excited for his future

nyr2417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2010, 11:04 PM
  #141
Hockey Team
Hunger Force
 
Hockey Team's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: New York, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 4,485
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyko1827 View Post
not only does dubi give it his all on the ice during the season, in the off-season he rented ice time every week at least 3 times a week to improve on his shot which has noticeably improved, im excited for his future
The rangers don't provide their players a rink to use in the off season?!!

Hockey Team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2010, 11:05 PM
  #142
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time
 
I Am Chariot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 14,554
vCash: 500
So Sather won't trade Dubinsky for Dany Heatley but he will trade him now for an injured Panther?

Mmmm that sounds very [E4]


If this ends up letting Brashear go, that would be good enough.

__________________
Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man
I Am Chariot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2010, 11:07 PM
  #143
Cmox
Registered User
 
Cmox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Queens,NY
Posts: 4,258
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by f2d View Post
The rangers don't provide their players a rink to use in the off season?!!
When they are refusing to re-sign , yes.

Cmox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2010, 11:07 PM
  #144
rangers4ever2007
Registered User
 
rangers4ever2007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 1,322
vCash: 500
as far as potter is concerned, why did he get called up over heikkinen?

rangers4ever2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2010, 11:09 PM
  #145
smoneil
Registered User
 
smoneil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Rochester
Country: United States
Posts: 2,291
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagoon44 View Post
To just add my 2 cents to this. No one on the senators side has ever stated Dubi was the make or break part of the Heatly deal. Dubi is a solid NHL guy far from a star imo.
I don't disagree with you. He's not a star. He's a supporting player. In the pre-lockout days, the Rangers made a habit out of trading players like that for "stars." Bottom line, guys- any player who is available in exchange for a good supporting player ISN'T a star. There is always some defect. You almost never trade for a star (aside from the RARE exception like Jagr).

This team is building the framework to be successful. The goalie is in place. One superstar forward is in place. The "middle six" is just about in place. When the prospects start to mature, the Rangers will add whatever piece is missing (I'm guessing it will be a top line center, since I see Anisimov and Stepan fighting over the 2nd/3rd line spots, and Dubi playing wing). Patience patience patience. This is why they never rebuild in NY. They don't think the fans will stand for it. It looks like they were kind of right about that.

smoneil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2010, 11:10 PM
  #146
Fitzy
All Is Well
 
Fitzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 19,957
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rangers4ever2007 View Post
as far as potter is concerned, why did he get called up over heikkinen?
Because he isnt going to play in all likelyhood. And management is more concerned about beer's development.

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2010, 11:11 PM
  #147
Cherepanisimov
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 2,181
vCash: 500
We're weak enough at center as is, what does a Dubinsky for Horton deal do for us? I know Horton can play center, but I feel he is much better on the wing, and I believe he is officially listed as a winger. I don't think Anisimov is the answer to our 1st line center problems, at least not yet.

And if we are going to give up our heart and soul players to go after a winger from Florida, it sure as hell better not be for a lazy player like Horton. Booth or Frolik better be coming back if we are giving up Dubinsky or Callahan. The fact that people complain about this team being lazy and then suggest trading Dubi or Cally for Horton is ridiculous.

Cherepanisimov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2010, 11:16 PM
  #148
Dagoon44
Registered User
 
Dagoon44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 5,079
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Dagoon44 Send a message via Yahoo to Dagoon44
Just a little opinion here but Torts seems to pick on Dubi a lot.

Dagoon44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2010, 11:17 PM
  #149
bobbop
Henrik & Pop
 
bobbop's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Suburban Phoenix
Country: United States
Posts: 5,044
vCash: 500
Dagoon, thanks for the information. Your track record speaks for itself.

Interesting that lots of names are in play. Seems like Florida has a lot of underperforming offensive players. If Horton is the target here, I wonder if Sather wants to add him to his core and may prefer to trade picks/players not currently with the big club (as well as packaging some salary)

You are right, this could get interesting.

bobbop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2010, 11:22 PM
  #150
Chimp
Registered User
 
Chimp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: In my food garden.
Country: Sweden
Posts: 10,571
vCash: 500
We only have crap to deal, we have terrible team scoring. We need a guy like Horton more than a guy like Dubi. That's how I see it.

Chimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:51 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.