HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Booing Kovalchuk?

View Poll Results: Would you boo Kovalchuk when he comes back to Atlanta?
No, he does not deserve it. 55 67.90%
Yes, he should get booed mercilessly. 19 23.46%
No, but I wouldn't be upset if other people did. 7 8.64%
Voters: 81. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
02-05-2010, 03:03 PM
orangethrasher
Blue in ex-Blueland

vCash: 500
Booing Kovalchuk?

When Kovy comes back to Atlanta, especially for the first game, should he get booed by Atlanta Fans?

Old
02-05-2010, 03:06 PM
TasteofFlames

I won't be, but I'm sure it'll happen.

Old
02-05-2010, 03:07 PM
Sabreality

vCash: 50
during introductions i will clap politely.

once the puck drops, he is an opponent and i will boo him accordingly (not everytime he touches the puck)

Old
02-05-2010, 03:09 PM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabreality View Post
during introductions i will clap politely.

once the puck drops, he is an opponent and i will boo him accordingly (not everytime he touches the puck)
Agreed...except I cheer loud during the intro.

Old
02-05-2010, 03:09 PM
thrashers=cup05

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangethrasher View Post
When Kovy comes back to Atlanta, especially for the first game, should he get booed by Atlanta Fans?
I for one will not boo him. He set his terms for a contract and the team could not meet then and field a competative team. Point blank it was a business decision and not personal. I honestly believe that Kovy has been through alot more than we all know with this franchise. Maybe one day DW or kovy will write a book and we will know all the little bihnd the sceen things. Personally I wish him good luck and thank him for the memories. I hope he get the first star of the game (but we still win) and they interview him as the first star so that he can finally say good bye to all of us. Good luck kovy. I hope you get your cup.........then come home and bring us ours

Old
02-05-2010, 03:11 PM
dj4aces

Send a message via ICQ to dj4aces Send a message via AIM to dj4aces Send a message via MSN to dj4aces Send a message via Yahoo to dj4aces
No one I know will be booing Kovalchuk.

Everyone I know will be calling for Waddell to be fired.

Old
02-05-2010, 03:13 PM
orangethrasher
Blue in ex-Blueland

I agree, by the way, with everyone that has posted. I don't think he deserves it at all.

Not only that, part of me hopes we still might sign him again... part of me thinks we might be better off (long term) without him. But I don't want any bridges burned

I'm just afraid he will get booed. Hopefully other folks will drown out the boos with some polite cheering.

Old
02-05-2010, 03:28 PM
btn
Gone Hollywood

8 for 8 on no boo so far
Posted via Mobile Device

Old
02-05-2010, 03:31 PM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

I'll cheer based on the 8 seasons....not the contract negotiations.

Old
02-05-2010, 03:36 PM
thrashers=cup05

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaWhaler View Post
I'll cheer based on the 8 seasons....not the contract negotiations.
exactly. but i wont boo him because of them either like some ignorant band wagon fans

Old
02-05-2010, 03:54 PM
ThrashersfanSVK
@Jakub_Homola

Well, I can't do something with it but I hope no one will be booing. Kovalchuk was our captain, legend of franchise, he doesn't deserve that. He knew, in Atlanta was a small chance for Stanley Cup. It was his decision. Anyway, he did his best for Atlanta and he deserves Thanks, not booing, I think.

Old
02-05-2010, 03:57 PM
Telfo
THRASHERS

we arent supposed to boo him until after he doesnt come back in july people!

now if he signs with some other team for less than we offered him on july 1, then maybe

Old
02-05-2010, 05:04 PM
Lux Aurumque*

I'd probably boo him, to be honest. At this point in time, I'm not pleased with the way he twisted his words into making the fans believe he would stay.

However, give it some time, and I'd get over that. He's not Heatley. The only players in this league that I would boo mercilessly are Heatley and Pronger.

Old
02-05-2010, 05:10 PM
Georgia Dawg

Not at all. I truly believe he wishes he was still a Thrasher. I saw a quote he was not going to sell his house and Atlanta would always be his home. I hope he comes back, but if not. No way I boo. I will still wear his sweater to games.

Old
02-05-2010, 05:11 PM
John Cena*
12x WWE CHAMPION!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj4aces View Post
No one I know will be booing Kovalchuk.

Everyone I know will be calling for Waddell to be fired.
Same

Old
02-05-2010, 05:25 PM
ThrasherMinion
Just Chucky

The difference between him and Savard, Heatley and Hossa is that he actually acknowledge the fact that he was a Thrasher and he thanked the organization (insert smart ass comment: ya, for moving him, but none-the-less, thanked them, lol).

He also said he was not selling his house that he likes the city and is staying here with his kids.

He is leaving a crappy organization but didn't trash the fans and city. Good for him. That's all we can ask. We all are not the organization, but we are the city.

I'll even wear my Kovy jersey that night. Cheer introductions and pre-game skate, during the game, he's the same as Patrick Elias to me. Just the opponent.

If he gets a star of the game, I wonder if he'd come out?

Old
02-05-2010, 05:28 PM
W Jets fan

He flatout lied people! Should definetely be boo'd! Not DW's fault at all, Kovy lied all along about wanting to remain a Thrasher!

Old
02-05-2010, 06:00 PM
ThrasherMinion
Just Chucky

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4ever View Post
He flatout lied people! Should definetely be boo'd! Not DW's fault at all, Kovy lied all along about wanting to remain a Thrasher!

If Waddell had done his job, this would never had gotten past November. Lou Lamourello would have traded his butt a year ago. The blame lays with Waddell, especially after the Hossa travesty.

You don't give a guy a chance to string you along. Who's in charge here? What is WAddell's job description? GM or organ grinder's monkey?

Old
02-07-2010, 01:00 AM
volgrad1985

It is this simple..........I cheer for the Thrashers.......I boo the other team........he is on the other team......I will boo Kovy.

Old
02-07-2010, 08:25 AM
Shameus

Quote:
Originally Posted by volgrad1985 View Post
It is this simple..........I cheer for the Thrashers.......I boo the other team........he is on the other team......I will boo Kovy.
This, couldn't have said it better

Old
02-07-2010, 12:04 PM
Aaronxxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by volgrad1985 View Post
Agreed. I will boo when he makes a goal, I will boo when I want him called for a penalty. I'll treat him like any other member of any other team.

Old
02-07-2010, 12:49 PM
Rhodes 81
grit those teeth

i didn't boo hossa because he never asked or agreed to be here. he put in good work and was arguably the best player to ever play here in their prime. maybe he did dog it towards the end but he was probably the most important player to the team during arguably the two best seasons the team has ever had. for that i thanked him and for that he is one of my favorite players in this league.

i will not boo kovalchuk because he never asked for a trade and never had a noticeable decrease in play or effort. whether he demands were simply to take heat off himself or if he truly believes he is worth league max we may never know, but that doesn't diminish the fact that he was amazing for us for 8 years. for that i will thank him and for that he is one of my favorite players. i will give him a standing ovation when he takes the ice for the first time and i really hope most others will do so as well.

that said i hope the place is sold out for his return and i hope we slaughter the devils and clinch the playoffs in the process.

Old
02-07-2010, 01:41 PM
orangethrasher
Blue in ex-Blueland

Do we regularly boo players on other teams when they score? I'd say generally no. I don't hear a lot of booing at Philips. If Kovy gets booed it won't be because he is just another opposing player but because of who he is/was to this team.

Old
02-07-2010, 05:13 PM
Magnus Fulgur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodes 10 View Post
i will not boo kovalchuk because he never asked for a trade and never had a noticeable decrease in play or effort. whether he demands were simply to take heat off himself or if he truly believes he is worth league max we may never know, but that doesn't diminish the fact that he was amazing for us for 8 years. for that i will thank him and for that he is one of my favorite players. i will give him a standing ovation when he takes the ice for the first time and i really hope most others will do so as well.

that said i hope the place is sold out for his return and i hope we slaughter the devils and clinch the playoffs in the process.
Kovy didn't ask for a trade? Well, he did by never budging from wanting the max...either that or he's so dumb he deserves to be booed. How about holding out on us as well? Boo him, I say.

As for effort, he always tried to score...his defensive effort was passable to non-existent depending upon his mood. Boo him, I say.

Kovy was always easily rattled. We need those points when we play NJ. Boo his sorry butt so much that he'll be trying so hard to score that he won't use his teammates and he'll start throwing his stick around some more.

Boo him, then boo him, then boo him some more.

Old
02-07-2010, 05:26 PM
Crimson Devil*

No idea why you would boo him. Especially because he's been the face of your franchise for so long. It'll be emotional enough for the guy when we play you guys.

Closed Thread