HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > All Time Draft
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
All Time Draft Fantasy league where players of the past and present meet.

ATD 2010, Part I

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-10-2010, 12:27 PM
  #26
jarek
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 4,550
vCash: 500
The Regina Pats are tentatively thinking of moving out of the first round. We'd be looking at being moved up in multiple rounds. Send me offers if interested in this idea.

jarek is offline  
Old
02-10-2010, 12:34 PM
  #27
Gibsons Finest
Beast
 
Gibsons Finest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Saskatoon/Brandon
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,359
vCash: 500
If my guy isn't available, I wouldn't mind trading out of the top 10. For anyone interested, feel free to float me an offer.

Gibsons Finest is offline  
Old
02-10-2010, 12:35 PM
  #28
hfboardsuser
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 12,281
vCash: 500
I've already got one deal on the burner, but I'm looking to move up a bit in the 2nd round from 51 to the 35-40 range. I'm willing to drop out of the top ten and/or drop down significantly in the third to do it.

hfboardsuser is offline  
Old
02-10-2010, 01:09 PM
  #29
EagleBelfour
Registered User
 
EagleBelfour's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,233
vCash: 873
Quote:
Originally Posted by markrander87 View Post
The Chief De Laval are Proud to Select Mario Lemieux, C
It's been a long time that Mario Lemieux was not taken 4th overall!


Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosrevolver View Post
To Montreal Shamrocks:
1st round pick (20)
6th round pick (161)

To Minnesota Fighting Saints:
2nd round pick (40)
4th round pick (100)

I accept.
Two picks in a row in the first round for Chaos, I wonder what's the plan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Bugg View Post
I've already got one deal on the burner, but I'm looking to move up a bit in the 2nd round from 51 to the 35-40 range. I'm willing to drop out of the top ten and/or drop down significantly in the third to do it.
If Mr.Bugg post a trade between him and myself, I accept.

EagleBelfour is offline  
Old
02-10-2010, 01:38 PM
  #30
raleh
Registered User
 
raleh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Dartmouth, NS
Posts: 1,764
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleBelfour View Post
It's been a long time that Mario Lemieux was not taken 4th overall!




Two picks in a row in the first round for Chaos, I wonder what's the plan.



If Mr.Bugg post a trade between him and myself, I accept.
I think I know what Chaos' plan is, and if I'm right, that'd be pretty sweet.

raleh is offline  
Old
02-10-2010, 02:26 PM
  #31
Nalyd Psycho
Registered User
 
Nalyd Psycho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: No Bandwagon
Country: Canada
Posts: 22,770
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosrevolver View Post
To Montreal Shamrocks:
1st round pick (20)
6th round pick (161)

To Minnesota Fighting Saints:
2nd round pick (40)
4th round pick (100)

I accept.
Confirmed.

__________________
Every post comes with the Nalyd Psycho Seal of Approval.
Nalyd Psycho is online now  
Old
02-10-2010, 02:32 PM
  #32
chaosrevolver
Snubbed Again
 
chaosrevolver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,083
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by raleh View Post
I think I know what Chaos' plan is, and if I'm right, that'd be pretty sweet.
I have multiple plans and it's more or less going to depend on who's around when we reach #20.

chaosrevolver is online now  
Old
02-10-2010, 04:00 PM
  #33
seventieslord
Moderator
 
seventieslord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Regina, SK
Country: Canada
Posts: 24,026
vCash: 500
I know it's a newbie, and I don't want to ride a newbie too hard, but did anyone else do a real life facepalm when Mario was selected before Gordie?

seventieslord is offline  
Old
02-10-2010, 04:10 PM
  #34
hungryhungryhippy
Registered User
 
hungryhungryhippy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 739
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by seventieslord View Post
I know it's a newbie, and I don't want to ride a newbie too hard, but did anyone else do a real life facepalm when Mario was selected before Gordie?
Yeah, I didn't want to say anything though.

To be honest, Gordie Howe would be my #1 guy in this.

hungryhungryhippy is offline  
Old
02-10-2010, 04:14 PM
  #35
Leafs Forever
Registered User
 
Leafs Forever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,781
vCash: 500
18th, ugg..oh well, could be worse. At least I'm out of the bottom..kind of.

Quote:
Originally Posted by seventieslord View Post
I know it's a newbie, and I don't want to ride a newbie too hard, but did anyone else do a real life facepalm when Mario was selected before Gordie?
Well no, but I did a mental one. Although he could have done a lot worse.

Quote:
The Foster Hewitt Division:

2. Leaf Lander - Toronto Maple Leafs
6. Hedberg aka ALB & vancityluongo - Tidewater Sharks
10. Mr Bugg - Kimberley Dynamiters
14. Dreakmur - McGuire's Monsters
18. Leafs Forever - Toronto St. Pats

22. hungryhungryhippy - Vancouver Maroons
26. NGARV - Edmonton Armadillos
30. JFA87-66-99 - Atlanta Thrashers
Ooh, I might get to face-off against my former partner/teacher..that'd be interesting.


Last edited by Leafs Forever: 02-10-2010 at 04:23 PM.
Leafs Forever is offline  
Old
02-10-2010, 04:16 PM
  #36
seventieslord
Moderator
 
seventieslord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Regina, SK
Country: Canada
Posts: 24,026
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hungryhungryhippy View Post
Yeah, I didn't want to say anything though.

To be honest, Gordie Howe would be my #1 guy in this.
Maybe mine too. I just love career value, and Gordie is the definition of career value.


Last edited by seventieslord: 02-10-2010 at 04:34 PM.
seventieslord is offline  
Old
02-10-2010, 04:27 PM
  #37
DoMakc
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 938
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by seventieslord View Post
I know it's a newbie, and I don't want to ride a newbie too hard, but did anyone else do a real life facepalm when Mario was selected before Gordie?
Why? I actually agree that Howe was better then Lemieux or, in my books, Gretzky, but this is not the Top-100 project, it's not about who is the better player, but who you want to build you team around, and if somebody wants to do it around top center, all power to him. Actually I'd like to see a GM to shuffle the deck and pick anybody, but usual suspects with the top-4 pick, it'd change the dynamics of the first round.

And besides that, the idea Lemieux>Howe is not that wierd at all.

DoMakc is offline  
Old
02-10-2010, 04:36 PM
  #38
Gibsons Finest
Beast
 
Gibsons Finest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Saskatoon/Brandon
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,359
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoMakc View Post
Why? I actually agree that Howe was better then Lemieux or, in my books, Gretzky, but this is not the Top-100 project, it's not about who is the better player, but who you want to build you team around, and if somebody wants to do it around top center, all power to him. Actually I'd like to see a GM to shuffle the deck and pick anybody, but usual suspects with the top-4 pick, it'd change the dynamics of the first round.

And besides that, the idea Lemieux>Howe is not that wierd at all.
No, it really isn't that weird. They're both great players and I don't think much seperates the two at all.

Gibsons Finest is offline  
Old
02-10-2010, 04:39 PM
  #39
seventieslord
Moderator
 
seventieslord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Regina, SK
Country: Canada
Posts: 24,026
vCash: 500
I disagree, I think the idea of Lemieux being better than Howe IS weird, because it relies on Lemieux's offensive dominance being so great, that it outweighs everything else Howe does better than Lemieux.

In the top-100 project, a lot of evidence was provided that showed Howe's peak was as offensively dominant as Lemieux's peak. So with that thrown out, Lemieux really wouldn't have a leg to stand on.

There's definitely a dropoff from 3rd (whoever you think it is) to 4th (obviously Lemieux) to 5th (whoever you think it is). Unfortunately, if you are picking 3rd or 4th, you don't have much choice in the matter. There's a certain player you should pick, or else you are shortchanging your team. If you don't like it, you should trade the pick. In my opinion.

seventieslord is offline  
Old
02-10-2010, 04:49 PM
  #40
TheDevilMadeMe
Global Moderator
 
TheDevilMadeMe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Brooklyn
Country: United States
Posts: 39,251
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by raleh View Post
I think I know what Chaos' plan is, and if I'm right, that'd be pretty sweet.
Agreed. I think I know what I would do if I had those two picks in a row.

TheDevilMadeMe is online now  
Old
02-10-2010, 04:59 PM
  #41
TheDevilMadeMe
Global Moderator
 
TheDevilMadeMe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Brooklyn
Country: United States
Posts: 39,251
vCash: 500
I think that Howe is definitely better than Lemieux. Personally, I have Howe closer to Gretzky at #1 than I do to Orr at #3 or Lemieux at #4. On an all-time list, that is. Obviously Orr goes first in an ATD do to positionals needs.

But I also think that center is probably the easiest position to build around. And I still haven't figured out how much longevity matters in an ATD, compared to a list of the top players of all time (where it definitely does matter a lot).

But yes, I'm thrilled to have Gordie.


Last edited by TheDevilMadeMe: 02-10-2010 at 05:08 PM.
TheDevilMadeMe is online now  
Old
02-10-2010, 05:06 PM
  #42
TheDevilMadeMe
Global Moderator
 
TheDevilMadeMe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Brooklyn
Country: United States
Posts: 39,251
vCash: 500
It's a long way off, so there's no hurry, but the Swamp Devils are looking to move back in the 3rd round. We currently have the 64th overall pick, and wouldn't mind swapping it for a pick in the second half of the round (with later pick(s) swapped in our favor of course).

TheDevilMadeMe is online now  
Old
02-10-2010, 05:09 PM
  #43
DoMakc
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 938
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by seventieslord View Post

There's definitely a dropoff from 3rd (whoever you think it is) to 4th (obviously Lemieux) to 5th (whoever you think it is). Unfortunately, if you are picking 3rd or 4th, you don't have much choice in the matter. There's a certain player you should pick, or else you are shortchanging your team. If you don't like it, you should trade the pick. In my opiniton.

I disagree. I would have no problems to draft Harvey at 2, 3 or 4 if Orr is gone and I'd want to build my team from the blueline. Harvey's skillset is as unique as Howe's or Lemieux's - argably the best defencive defenceman who was more than potent offencively. Would my team be worse if I get a top-20 center and Harvey rather than Lemieux and top-20 defenceman? I don't think so.

DoMakc is offline  
Old
02-10-2010, 05:37 PM
  #44
chaosrevolver
Snubbed Again
 
chaosrevolver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,083
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by seventieslord View Post
I disagree, I think the idea of Lemieux being better than Howe IS weird, because it relies on Lemieux's offensive dominance being so great, that it outweighs everything else Howe does better than Lemieux.

In the top-100 project, a lot of evidence was provided that showed Howe's peak was as offensively dominant as Lemieux's peak. So with that thrown out, Lemieux really wouldn't have a leg to stand on.

There's definitely a dropoff from 3rd (whoever you think it is) to 4th (obviously Lemieux) to 5th (whoever you think it is). Unfortunately, if you are picking 3rd or 4th, you don't have much choice in the matter. There's a certain player you should pick, or else you are shortchanging your team. If you don't like it, you should trade the pick. In my opinion.
I get that, but if you want to build a team around a center..then you take a center in my opinion when the player your getting is still top-2 at his position ever.

chaosrevolver is online now  
Old
02-10-2010, 05:54 PM
  #45
TheDevilMadeMe
Global Moderator
 
TheDevilMadeMe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Brooklyn
Country: United States
Posts: 39,251
vCash: 500
I started a thread for bios that at least I am going to post all my long-winded bios in. I might post some info here if I find anything new, but I think I'm going to stick to the bios thread for long bios.

Gordie Howe's bio should show why the majority around here consider Howe to be better than Lemieux.

TheDevilMadeMe is online now  
Old
02-10-2010, 06:02 PM
  #46
markrander87
Registered User
 
markrander87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,578
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by seventieslord View Post
I know it's a newbie, and I don't want to ride a newbie too hard, but did anyone else do a real life facepalm when Mario was selected before Gordie?
I knew I was going to take heat for this selection and everybody is entitled to their opinion. I dont go in leagues like this to try and impress people and to I guess follow the status quo, I know Howe is the consensus number 3 pick, but I wanted to take a different route with my team and I feel like Mario was best fit for my overall plan. I like to have fun with these types of things and do un-orthodox moves, so im ready to put myself out there and let the cards fall as they may. NO REGRETS BABY bring on the HEAT


One stat and one stat only

NHL Leaders
Rank Player PTS/G
1. Wayne Gretzky* 1.921
2. Mario Lemieux* 1.883
37. Gordie Howe* 1.047

I dont care if he's "Mr. Hockey" I dont care if he created the Gordie Howe "Hat trick" even though he only had 2 in his career...My 1st line is revolved around offence


Last edited by markrander87: 02-10-2010 at 06:10 PM.
markrander87 is offline  
Old
02-10-2010, 06:14 PM
  #47
jarek
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 4,550
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by markrander87 View Post
I knew I was going to take heat for this selection and everybody is entitled to their opinion. I dont go in leagues like this to try and impress people and to I guess follow the status quo, I know Howe is the consensus number 3 pick, but I wanted to take a different route with my team and I feel like Mario was best fit for my overall plan. I like to have fun with these types of things and do un-orthodox moves, so im ready to put myself out there and let the cards fall as they may. NO REGRETS BABY bring on the HEAT


One stat and one stat only

NHL Leaders
Rank Player PTS/G
1. Wayne Gretzky* 1.921
2. Mario Lemieux* 1.883
37. Gordie Howe* 1.047

I dont care if he's "Mr. Hockey" I dont care if he created the Gordie Howe "Hat trick" even though he only had 2 in his career...My 1st line is revolved around offence
Keep in mind that the majority of that points/game figure is because of his ridiculously long career. Go check out how many times he was top-10 in goals and points.. it's ridiculous.

jarek is offline  
Old
02-10-2010, 06:27 PM
  #48
chaosrevolver
Snubbed Again
 
chaosrevolver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,083
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by markrander87 View Post
I knew I was going to take heat for this selection and everybody is entitled to their opinion. I dont go in leagues like this to try and impress people and to I guess follow the status quo, I know Howe is the consensus number 3 pick, but I wanted to take a different route with my team and I feel like Mario was best fit for my overall plan. I like to have fun with these types of things and do un-orthodox moves, so im ready to put myself out there and let the cards fall as they may. NO REGRETS BABY bring on the HEAT


One stat and one stat only

NHL Leaders
Rank Player PTS/G
1. Wayne Gretzky* 1.921
2. Mario Lemieux* 1.883
37. Gordie Howe* 1.047

I dont care if he's "Mr. Hockey" I dont care if he created the Gordie Howe "Hat trick" even though he only had 2 in his career...My 1st line is revolved around offence
I get what you're trying to do and I support it completely..but in response to that stat..

Lemieux:
Led in Points: 6
Top-5 in Points: 9
Top-10 in Points: 10
Led in Goals: 3
Top-5 in Goals: 6
Top-10 in Goals: 9
Led in Assists: 3
Top-5 in Assists: 9
Top-10 in Assists: 9

Howe:
Led in Points: 6
Top-5 in Points: 20
Top-10 in Points: 21
Led in Goals: 5
Top-5 in Goals: 14
Top-10 in Goals: 19
Led in Assists: 3
Top-5 in Assists: 17
Top-10 in Assists: 21

Yes, Lemieux had injury problems, but that's a part of the draft. Howe's offensive accomplishments are as good, if not better. Still, like I said, nothing wrong with building a team around Lemieux.

chaosrevolver is online now  
Old
02-10-2010, 06:35 PM
  #49
Nalyd Psycho
Registered User
 
Nalyd Psycho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: No Bandwagon
Country: Canada
Posts: 22,770
vCash: 500
What we're forgetting is that Mario returns to the city he dominated junior hockey in.

Nalyd Psycho is online now  
Old
02-10-2010, 06:36 PM
  #50
markrander87
Registered User
 
markrander87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,578
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosrevolver View Post
I get what you're trying to do and I support it completely..but in response to that stat..

Lemieux:
Led in Points: 6
Top-5 in Points: 9
Top-10 in Points: 10
Led in Goals: 3
Top-5 in Goals: 6
Top-10 in Goals: 9
Led in Assists: 3
Top-5 in Assists: 9
Top-10 in Assists: 9

Howe:
Led in Points: 6
Top-5 in Points: 20
Top-10 in Points: 21
Led in Goals: 5
Top-5 in Goals: 14
Top-10 in Goals: 19
Led in Assists: 3
Top-5 in Assists: 17
Top-10 in Assists: 21
Come on??? really??? I think the fact that Lemieux had over 5 times as many players competing for stats like this. Howe played against 5 other teams..

markrander87 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:29 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.