HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Avs vs. Atlanta | Feb. 10, 09 | 7 PM MTN

Old
02-10-2010, 12:41 PM
raistlin76

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheStranger View Post
I really don't think a team knows these stats. Especially with a goaltender playing out of the opposite conference. I could see with Backstrom or Legace who they sometimes would play 6 times a season, and possible suck every time (Mostly because they've been a terrible team for the last 5 seasons) but with Hedberg who they're lucky to play once per season, and he's always on bad teams as well, I don't think you can take an 0-4 record in what 7 seasons of play? And say he can't possibly beat Colorado.

Hell the guy has almost entirely been a backup, chances are you could come up with all sorts of stats like..maybe he's never won a game on the second monday of a month, does that mean he should never be played on the second monday of a month? Even if he has a .950 sv% going?

These stats mean nothing. Especially when you're spanning several seasons.

Edit: More shots against generally means it's easier to have a BETTER save percentage. If he had a 4.00GAA and a .925 sv% I would believe he is that much better, but poor sv% and poor GAA? Means goalie isn't that good. If you don't believe me, check the shot totals for some of the guys with high sv% in the league, for the most part, more shots you have, the better your sv%.

Double edit: The team only averages 4 shots more per game for Pavelec.
Only 4 of Hedberg wins are against playoff teams, two of them against Flyers, who sucks for long time. Pavelec has 6 wins against playoff teams and Hedberg has more wins overall 13 to 12, so he plays particulary good against non-playoff teams. Pavelec has 18 starts against playoff teams, Hedberg has 13. Pavelec played more against better teams, so it's obvious that his stats are worse than Hedberg's and those stats doesn't mean Hedberg is better. Last time I checked Budaj has better GAA and SV% than Andy. Does it mean he is better?

raistlin76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2010, 12:45 PM
shadow1

vCash: 1210
I expect a high scoring game. Kovalchuk or not, their offense is still good; they practically have three lines of second line scorers. However, their defense is equally as bad.

Hedberg is in tonight for them.

shadow1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2010, 12:46 PM
shadow1

vCash: 1210
Quote:
Originally Posted by raistlin76 View Post
Only 4 of Hedberg wins are against playoff teams, two of them against Flyers, who sucks for long time. Pavelec has 6 wins against playoff teams and Hedberg has more wins overall 13 to 12, so he plays particulary good against non-playoff teams. Pavelec has 18 starts against playoff teams, Hedberg has 13. Pavelec played more against better teams, so it's obvious that his stats are worse than Hedberg's and those stats doesn't mean Hedberg is better. Last time I checked Budaj has better GAA and SV% than Andy. Does it mean he is better?
Hedberg is better. Pavelec can be better at times, but I don't know of a more wildly inconsistent goalie.

shadow1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2010, 12:50 PM
Av-merican
@Av_merican

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow1 View Post
Hedberg is better. Pavelec can be better at times, but I don't know of a more wildly inconsistent goalie.
Hedberg is more consistent, but I wouldn't say he's better by any stretch.

Av-merican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2010, 01:00 PM
StanGetz*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stories View Post
We should be thankful Jack Edwards isn't our PBP guy. That guy straight up sucks. I have the misfortune of being in a NESN covered area and anytime the Bruins play, I can't stand listening to this guy.
Yea no doubt Jack is just awful. Personally though the color guy to me is SO annoying. He's got the worst voice, and he's so high on himself. He always talk about how he needs more from the team bla bla bla what a tool. When he moonlights on VS. I just stick my head up my *** and weep for my mommy.

Back on topic though I love Moose as a person but I hope the Avs make him look really really stupid tonight.

StanGetz* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2010, 01:00 PM
Pure

vCash: 665
I rather play against a consistently average goalie than a goalie like Pavelec who can pull a dominating game out of his butt at anytime. I don't care how much we win by, just win!

Pure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2010, 02:33 PM
Duchene2MacKinnon
BELIEVE

vCash: 250
OT

But where has all the fighting gone. I know Koci had one last game but when the avs were on the 6 game win streak they had 3 fights a game. Now their seems to be one fight every couple of games.

Duchene2MacKinnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2010, 03:01 PM
Av-merican
@Av_merican

Quote:
Originally Posted by svatos_the_great View Post
OT

But where has all the fighting gone. I know Koci had one last game but when the avs were on the 6 game win streak they had 3 fights a game. Now their seems to be one fight every couple of games.

Last game there were 2, did you forget Stewart's Gordie Howe hat trick?

Old
02-10-2010, 03:24 PM
Ensane
EL GUAPO

Liles sits
Koci out
Radar and Haydar (see what I did there?) are both maybes.

-per Dater

Ensane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2010, 03:47 PM
Frenchy
Global Moderator

vCash: 3375
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ensane View Post
Liles sits
Koci out
Radar and Haydar (see what I did there?) are both maybes.

-per Dater
that's completely nuts * , really hope they will trade Liles , for his own good . At least send him to a team where he will play.

* i wanted to used Insane , but i didnt want to get ensane confused

Frenchy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2010, 03:48 PM
Bonzai12

vCash: 767
Send a message via Yahoo to Bonzai12
Anywhere I can listen or watch on the internet for free? I'm away on business.....

Oh - and maybe it's been up there forever but anyone notice the billboard on I-25 and about 50th or so? Avalanche ad with Foote in front...I can't even tell who the other guys are on it.....but why would Foote be the main focus? weird....

Bonzai12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2010, 03:53 PM
Av-merican
@Av_merican

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott76 View Post
Oh - and maybe it's been up there forever but anyone notice the billboard on I-25 and about 50th or so? Avalanche ad with Foote in front...I can't even tell who the other guys are on it.....but why would Foote be the main focus? weird....
Actually that's not too surprising...he's easily the most recognizable player on the team at this point. I don't necessarily blame the Avs marketing team for not touting the younger players too much since even the coaches and management are being surprised in both good (Yip) and bad (Liles) ways. Come next season though they damned well better do something substantial to spread the word.

Old
02-10-2010, 03:56 PM
Chileiceman

Nice to see Haydar get called up. I'd be really interested in watching him play.

Chileiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2010, 04:01 PM
Av-merican
@Av_merican

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chileiceman View Post
Nice to see Haydar get called up. I'd be really interested in watching him play.
Boy that would suck royally for him if O'Reilly gets the nod and he sits in the press box...

Old
02-10-2010, 04:01 PM
The Kult

Just bought my tickets, heres hoping they show up for this one

The Kult is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2010, 04:03 PM
Pure

vCash: 665
Quote:
Originally Posted by Av-merican View Post
Boy that would suck royally for him if O'Reilly gets the nod and he sits in the press box...
You still get paid for sitting in the press box, which for him probably double salary. Not too shabby.

Pure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2010, 04:06 PM
Av-merican
@Av_merican

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pure View Post
You still get paid for sitting in the press box, which for him probably double salary. Not too shabby.
I'm betting he won't see it that way.

Old
02-10-2010, 04:07 PM
WarriorOfGandhi
Was saying Boo-urns

vCash: 142
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott76 View Post
Anywhere I can listen or watch on the internet for free? I'm away on business.....
If you're still in the US, it's streamed on Yahoo! for free. But it's the 2nd game of a double header so we have to wait on NJ/Philly to get done with

WarriorOfGandhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2010, 04:13 PM
Seaward*

I am really glad I did not buy tickets to this game now...

Only wanted to see Kovy.

Seaward* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2010, 04:20 PM
ColoradoHockeyFan

Quote:
Actually that's not too surprising...he's easily the most recognizable player on the team at this point. I don't necessarily blame the Avs marketing team for not touting the younger players too much since even the coaches and management are being surprised in both good (Yip) and bad (Liles) ways. Come next season though they damned well better do something substantial to spread the word.
Like, maybe, actually run an ad, or put up a sign, featuring a young, budding star like, oh I don't know... Matt Duchene? Heaven help us if they can't figure this one out.

ColoradoHockeyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2010, 04:35 PM
Bonzai12

vCash: 767
Send a message via Yahoo to Bonzai12
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarriorOfGandhi View Post
If you're still in the US, it's streamed on Yahoo! for free. But it's the 2nd game of a double header so we have to wait on NJ/Philly to get done with
thank you!

Bonzai12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2010, 04:35 PM
Av-merican
@Av_merican

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreamSoda View Post
I am really glad I did not buy tickets to this game now...

Only wanted to see Kovy.
I've seen four games this season, two I purchased based on players/teams I wanted to see (New York and Washington) and the others for different reasons. The latter two (Calgary and Nashville) ended up being surprisingly entertaining, whereas the others were quite possibly both the worst experiences I've ever had at Pepsi Center (and of course the Avs lost in embarrassing fashion both times). From here on out I think I'm just going to buy tickets depending on schedule and not worry about opposition...unless of course it's the Wild and in that case I'll avoid it like the plague.

Oh...and my fiancee was with me for both of those losses, not with me for the two wins. Guess who's not going next time?

Old
02-10-2010, 05:05 PM
Ensane
EL GUAPO

Quote:
I've seen four games this season, two I purchased based on players/teams I wanted to see (New York and Washington) and the others for different reasons.
Avery?

Ensane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2010, 05:24 PM
Seaward*

Quote:
I've seen four games this season, two I purchased based on players/teams I wanted to see (New York and Washington) and the others for different reasons. The latter two (Calgary and Nashville) ended up being surprisingly entertaining, whereas the others were quite possibly both the worst experiences I've ever had at Pepsi Center (and of course the Avs lost in embarrassing fashion both times). From here on out I think I'm just going to buy tickets depending on schedule and not worry about opposition...unless of course it's the Wild and in that case I'll avoid it like the plague.

Oh...and my fiancee was with me for both of those losses, not with me for the two wins. Guess who's not going next time?
I was at the Rangers game too...

Wow, that was awful.

Seaward* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2010, 05:45 PM
Granlund2Pulkkinen*
New Kid on the Block

vCash: 50
Mtl/Was and Col/Atl

My two favorite teams are in action.

Granlund2Pulkkinen* is offline   Reply With Quote