HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Deadline Proposals and Rumors

Closed Thread

Old
02-10-2010, 10:40 AM
regard

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by #66 View Post
Yeah I like him a lot too.

I'm not sure its the right move but if the Pens do move Gonch maybe its to clear up cap space for bringing in a player like Patrice Bergeron. Pipe dream? Maybe... but nows a good a time as any to go after him. Plus that pushes down Billy G or Kunitz to play with Malkin. IMO Malkins slower tempo of game would really work out well for those two.
He makes more than Staal, we could never afford that.

If we were to bring in a Center for the deadline Tkachuk makes 2.5 total and Ott 1.4.
Not sure though that Dallas would trade a good roster player.

Old
02-10-2010, 10:41 AM
tocchet92

Hamhuis name has been brought up a lot (I'd like to see the Pens get him)...

Just a heads up when you see rumors fly that "Hamhuis is not in the linuep tonight.." trade speculation. Hamhuis wife will be giving birth very soon, so he may return to Nashville abruptly. Watch the rumors fly when he's suddenly outta the lineup.
Link

Old
02-10-2010, 10:45 AM
regard

He'd be great, but like Mihalek and Volchenkov those would be the best guys we could hope for, but more likely during the offseason. Since the Predators are probably hoping for the playoffs.

Old
02-10-2010, 10:54 AM
Ugene Malkin
Hello Mr. Andersen

I still think a one stop shop is the most beneficial way to go for Shero, Makes it easier for him to do salary dumps trade offs for making the cap work. When its one for one kind of deals makes it hard to do dump offs with out having to add.

I'll still be in the hope for Whitney & Alberts package to the Pens.

Old
02-10-2010, 11:01 AM
wej20

Quote:
Originally Posted by odds View Post
I still think a one stop shop is the most beneficial way to go for Shero, Makes it easier for him to do salary dumps trade offs for making the cap work. When its one for one kind of deals makes it hard to do dump offs with out having to add.

I'll still be in the hope for Whitney & Alberts package to the Pens.
Is Alberts better than Mckee?

Old
02-10-2010, 11:32 AM
cadow

what are peoples thought in jordan tootoo... ? didnt shero want him and he just signed a 2 year extension...

tootoo and Hamhuis and a 2nd for gogo and dupuis?

also sunday it be a nice way to see how these guys play

Old
02-10-2010, 11:38 AM
regard

A deal where we get two players from the same team has potential.

Im not sure of the value for Cadows Nashville proposal but it sounds like it has potential.

Is there a forward we could use from the Isles along with Sutton?
What about a Dman from Columbus or St Louis?

Old
02-10-2010, 11:43 AM
cadow

Columbus i was thinking russell or jurcina... with torres but im not a big fan of torres at all... and does he have the speed to play with crosby and malkin?

erat for nashville but i doubt they would trade him...

the blues idea would be for Tyson Strachan Carlo Colaiacovo or their johnson and tkachuk

and the islanders... id have to go with park or moulson...

Last edited by cadow: 02-10-2010 at 11:48 AM.
Old
02-10-2010, 11:47 AM
regard

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadow View Post
Columbus i was thinking russell or jurcina... with torres but im not a big fan of torres at all... and does he have the speed to playing with crosby and malkin?

the blues idea would be for Tyson Strachan Carlo Colaiacovo or their johnson and tkachuk
Thier Johnson is in a whole different category then the other guys, the kind of category we might as well not even consider.

Calaiacovo is on the block, but doesnt seem to add anything we need.
Idk about Strachan.
Jackman and Brewer might be available, Im assuming they make too much, not sure what they would add.
Whats Junland like anyone?

If we get a Dman, unless its a solid guy like Hamhuis it needs to be someone who brings something McKee doesnt.

Like Sutton, I really want him here.....I even more badly do not want him in Washington.

Old
02-10-2010, 11:54 AM
cadow

brewer it be a nice get in the lineup but at what cost... we dont need a major roster redo we just need a vet winger that can play with malkin and crosby and a solid defense men....shero had the right idea with kunitz to bad he got hurt but with staal and malkin playing together its kinda relaxing knowing letestu brings the 3rd line right were it was....i hope we resign cooke...

also i forgot the blues had sydor.... :p

Old
02-10-2010, 11:57 AM
WVP

Quote:
Columbus i was thinking russell or jurcina... with torres but im not a big fan of torres at all... and does he have the speed to play with crosby and malkin?

and the islanders... id have to go with park or moulson...
Kris Russell doesn't help this team at all - would rather go after Hejda. And what are you trading for Erik Johnson?

Old
02-10-2010, 11:59 AM
cadow

ya... eric i watched the blues game he seemed pretty good and i thought about hedja but i didnt think they would trade him...

Old
02-10-2010, 12:02 PM
regard

Quote:
ya... eric i watched the blues game he seemed pretty good and i thought about hedja but i didnt think they would trade him...
Eric is way outside the realm of possibilites for us.

Old
02-10-2010, 12:08 PM
vecens24

Quote:
Originally Posted by regard View Post
Eric is way outside the realm of possibilites for us.
Haha and the funny thing is that that's even an understatement.

Old
02-10-2010, 01:32 PM
SprootsMasterFlex
Snooki for President

I have a gut feeling we'll end up with the following 3:

Dan Hamhuis (for a 2nd + Dupuis)
Torres (Jeffery & Fedo for cap Reasons)
Mueller/Benn (for Gogo, of course)

Old
02-10-2010, 01:43 PM
WVP

Hamhuis certainly shores up the defense.

I am really against trading Letang and Goligoski unless the return is really special.

Old
02-10-2010, 01:50 PM
Jeff Goldblum

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVP View Post

I am really against trading Letang and Goligoski unless the return is really special.
I'm totally against moving Letang. The kid's defense is really coming along. When he learns to combine that with the natural offense he has, he's really going to look like Duncan Keith out there.

I'd move Goligoski if it were him packaged with a prospect/pick/roster forward for a top six forward and a mobile 5-6 defenseman. We just don't have the depth on the blueline to move anyone without at least getting a body back.

Old
02-10-2010, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVP View Post

2nded...

I know that everyone has been going crazy about Ott but what do people think about Jere Lehtinen. IMO he would be downright awesome on Malkins wing and sure up his line defensively. He also has a nasty shot and is a very good transitional passer.

Old
02-10-2010, 01:58 PM
Jeff Goldblum

Quote:
Originally Posted by #66 View Post
2nded...

I know that everyone has been going crazy about Ott but what do people think about Jere Lehtinen. IMO he would be downright awesome on Malkins wing and sure up his line defensively. He also has a nasty shot and is a very good transitional passer.
I think he's the absolute most likely acquisition from Dallas. It's a gamble because he really hasn't done much offensively this year, but he's still great defensively and hasn't played much with good centers. He's worked well with great centers in the past though, and maybe that's all he needs. I really haven't seen enough of him to say if he's totally finished offensively or not, though.

He'd be very cheap and he'd be gone after this season if he didn't work out. That's why I think he's a far more likely candidate than Benn, who Dallas will want to retain for at least the rest of his ELC.

Old
02-10-2010, 02:02 PM
SCUDeriMISSILE
We traded Staal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Goldblum View Post
I'm totally against moving Letang. The kid's defense is really coming along. When he learns to combine that with the natural offense he has, he's really going to look like Duncan Keith out there.

I'd move Goligoski if it were him packaged with a prospect/pick/roster forward for a top six forward and a mobile 5-6 defenseman. We just don't have the depth on the blueline to move anyone without at least getting a body back.
Couldn't say it any better, right down to Letang's player comparison (although Keith is still young).

I'm not *****footing around with a trade that involves Gogo. If he's moving, we need to be packaging a 1st or 2nd and a good prospect to make sure we get something really big in return, IMO.

Gogo is a great asset and has a great future in this league. I'd hate to see us lose him for anything less than a big upgrade (obviously possible through other assets we include).

Old
02-10-2010, 02:02 PM
Saku11

Jere is not very good offensively anymore and hes injured practically all the time. Also i think he has said he wants to retire as a Star.

Old
02-10-2010, 02:04 PM
HandshakeLine
pro sports bettor

People act like nobody's ever waived a no-trade clause before.

Old
02-10-2010, 02:07 PM
jdpitt05

This is my NHL fantasy GM moment and it would probably cost too many assets. We'll have just enough space on March 3rd to fit in Whitney. Include Feds in a deal for Afinogenov which frees up 1m. Waive Skoula and Godard for another 1.3m. Acquire Seidenberg or Hamhuis with remaining 2.3m. Proceed to win Cup.

Kunitz-Crosby-Guerin
Whitney-Malkin-Afinogenov
Cooke-Staal-Kennedy
Dupuis-Rupp-Talbot
Adams

Gonchar-Orpik
Letang-Hamhuis/Seidenberg
Goligoski-Eaton
Mckee

In all likelihood we'll probably get something like Tkachuk for a 4th and Sutton for a 3rd and prospect.

Old
02-10-2010, 02:11 PM
HandshakeLine
pro sports bettor

I think that, if we're going to make a move on defense and Gonchar's not in next year's plans, we're going to go after a big name-soon-to-be UFA so we can not only shore up the blueline, but get a headstart on negotiating an extention with the player of our choice.

While I was being a bit flippant before, I really don't see Gonchar moving now, but it's not all that unheard of for a vet to waive his NTC. It's not the most likely situation, I think, but it's certainly a possibility that Shero will ask him about.

Maybe we'd see Gonchar's rights traded to a team around the draft for a pick, if he's going to be traded this year, I think. But more than likely I just see Shero letting him walk in the off-season.

Old
02-10-2010, 02:12 PM
WVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Frasier Crane View Post
Couldn't say it any better, right down to Letang's player comparison (although Keith is still young).

I'm not *****footing around with a trade that involves Gogo. If he's moving, we need to be packaging a 1st or 2nd and a good prospect to make sure we get something really big in return, IMO.

Gogo is a great asset and has a great future in this league. I'd hate to see us lose him for anything less than a big upgrade (obviously possible through other assets we include).
Yeah, Champagne Wishes (I'm shaking my head typing that name) and I had pegged Letang as a Keith-light previously. Same frame, skating and offensive ability. Will depend on how his consistency and decision making improves over the next few seasons.

Closed Thread