HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Deadline Proposals and Rumors

Closed Thread

Old
02-11-2010, 07:19 AM
tocchet92

vCash: 500
"According to James Murphy of NESN.com, he reports via Twitter, that Nashville Predators' defenseman Dan Hamhuis is available. The Predators are trying to move Hamhuis, an impending UFA, for some scoring help.

Hendricks Says : I was curious to see if the Predators would dangle any of their upcoming UFA class in hopes of sparking a trade for some scoring help. Should be interesting to see if they go after a Ray Whitney or Michael Ryder. Or maybe even Marek Svatos. The Predators have slipped a bit and need to add a little scoring punch. Should be interesting to see exactly what moves they could make at the deadline."
Link

Its hard to see a match that works for the Pens. Fedotenko would almost certainly have to go the other way to make the salaries work but I would hardly characterize him as "scoring help".

Old
02-11-2010, 07:56 AM
regard

Fedentenko and Dupuis(plus pick or whatever) and we get Talbot healthy and get a winger somewhere else.

Old
02-11-2010, 08:09 AM
cadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by regard View Post
Yes go to Capgeek.com

On the right you'll see three categories you can use for these things.
-Cap Calculator-use this to edit a roster and see how much it would cost.
-Salary Cap Charts-shows you the cap situation of a team, updated day to day and figures in bonuses and everything.
-Daily Tracker-shows players overall salary, how much they have left, and thier "Daily Cap Hit". Take that number for the player and multiply it by 39, the number of days left after the deadline.
I think you can also change the date to March 3rd and generate it that way.

http://capgeek.com/
thanks

the hamhuis idea is getting better and better... maybe today we'll make a mini move... ( waive skoula)

Old
02-11-2010, 08:11 AM
JTG

Quote:
Originally Posted by tocchet92 View Post
"According to James Murphy of NESN.com, he reports via Twitter, that Nashville Predators' defenseman Dan Hamhuis is available. The Predators are trying to move Hamhuis, an impending UFA, for some scoring help.

Hendricks Says : I was curious to see if the Predators would dangle any of their upcoming UFA class in hopes of sparking a trade for some scoring help. Should be interesting to see if they go after a Ray Whitney or Michael Ryder. Or maybe even Marek Svatos. The Predators have slipped a bit and need to add a little scoring punch. Should be interesting to see exactly what moves they could make at the deadline."
Link

Its hard to see a match that works for the Pens. Fedotenko would almost certainly have to go the other way to make the salaries work but I would hardly characterize him as "scoring help".
A Whitney for Hamhuis swap...?

Old
02-11-2010, 08:20 AM
HandshakeLine
is probso trolling u

If someone waives their NTC to come to us, do they have to waive their NTC again if we trade them? I assume so, right?

Old
02-11-2010, 08:26 AM
WVP

I don't see us having the right mix to grab Hamhuis. Would be nice in the offseason.

FYI, the roster freeze begins 3 PM tomorrow (February 12th) through February 28th.

Old
02-11-2010, 08:29 AM
The Old Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVP View Post
I don't see us having the right mix to grab Hamhuis. Would be nice in the offseason.

FYI, the roster freeze begins 3 PM tomorrow (February 12th) through February 28th.
if trades are going to happen they should start soon

Old
02-11-2010, 08:47 AM
Jag68Sid87
Nothing Else Maattas

That report by Murphy runs counter to what was written in Nashville about trading Hamhuis, which I read on the Preds board recently. The report I read stated that the Preds were NOT going to deal Hamhuis, Dan Ellis or Pekka Rinne--three pending free agents, with Rinne being an RFA and the other two UFA.

Never say never, obviously, but I just don't see Nashville moving Hamhuis at this time. I know Preds fans feel he has played pretty badly this season, but their blue-line would take a big hit without him. He's still a 20-minute guy.

Old
02-11-2010, 09:18 AM
The Old Master

the pens and Dallas are such good trading partners that I'm betting they do something even if its not the biggie we are looking for.

Old
02-11-2010, 09:38 AM
WVP

http://www.tsn.ca/blogs/darren_dreger/?id=309708

Dreger:

Carolina asking for a first and a prospect for Whitney.

Toronto asking for a second and a prospect/roster player for Ponikarovsky.

Old
02-11-2010, 09:46 AM
sniugneP

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVP View Post
http://www.tsn.ca/blogs/darren_dreger/?id=309708

Dreger:

Carolina asking for a first and a prospect for Whitney.

Toronto asking for a second and a prospect/roster player for Ponikarovsky.
If Whitney doesn't have NTC, Carolina could easily get a first rounder and a player. With NTC, I'm not sure it will happen, maybe a 2nd rounder and a prospect. I don't know how many teams Whitney is willing to waive NTC to get traded to.

Old
02-11-2010, 09:53 AM
xlm34

I hope shero doesn't give up a first for Whitney. I like him, but for an aging rental, that's too much. I'd give a first for someone under contract, but not a rental.

Old
02-11-2010, 09:54 AM
DJ Kariyaaa

IMO Kennedy is as untouchable as most of the others. for 750K he's a damn good energy guy that Shero won't want to give up unless it's for a great deal for a non-rental player

Old
02-11-2010, 10:06 AM
Lamar Latrell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Goldblum View Post
I'm totally against moving Letang. The kid's defense is really coming along. When he learns to combine that with the natural offense he has, he's really going to look like Duncan Keith out there.

I'd move Goligoski if it were him packaged with a prospect/pick/roster forward for a top six forward and a mobile 5-6 defenseman. We just don't have the depth on the blueline to move anyone without at least getting a body back.
http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p....php?pid=80459
http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p....php?pid=63187

Their stats, when you look stagger it for the 3-year draft difference (although Letang is nearly 4 years younger than Keith), are eerily similar. Obviously, statistics don't tell the whole story. Same w/ the subjective analysis, similar size, draft position, they are both great skaters, Letang is making serious strides defensively, has a lot more experience at 22 than Keith did. Superficially, it gives a Pens fan cause for optimism.

Is it at all realistic to hope that Letang's development mirrors Keith's? I haven't followed Keith's career too closely, did he make a quantum leap in development at some point that Letang hasn't reached and is unreasonable to expect? Do we have a potential 2012/13 Norris winner on our hands

Old
02-11-2010, 10:23 AM
Tender Rip
Learning from Scuds?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamar Latrell View Post
Is it at all realistic to hope that Letang's development mirrors Keith's? I haven't followed Keith's career too closely, did he make a quantum leap in development at some point that Letang hasn't reached and is unreasonable to expect? Do we have a potential 2012/13 Norris winner on our hands
I would say that two seasons ago Keith was top20, last season top10 and this season top3 in the NHL. That is a giant leap, and Letang is not top20 now.

I agree that from a physical, style wise point of view, there are reasons for the comparison, but to do it.... not many do obviously, and the hockey sense and positioning that Keith displays, Letang has never shown. Doesn't mean it cannot come with experience but it is setting the bar pretty high.

Old
02-11-2010, 10:28 AM
Tender Rip
Learning from Scuds?

Oh.... would be nice if Kris signed the same (first) RFA contract Keith did .

Old
02-11-2010, 11:11 AM
jdpitt05

It would be pretty funny if the Kings offer a 1st and a mid prospect and he comes to us for a 2nd because Whitney says he'll only waive the NTC to come here.

Old
02-11-2010, 11:21 AM
sniugneP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdpitt05 View Post
It would be pretty funny if the Kings offer a 1st and a mid prospect and he comes to us for a 2nd because Whitney says he'll only waive the NTC to come here.
That's possible. You never know.

Old
02-11-2010, 11:32 AM
TheMisfits

Quote:
Originally Posted by regard View Post
Kariya cant happen this year, way too much money. Maybe in the offseason, I could see it happening.
Kariya certainly wouldnt cost what Hossa did, especially with that salary. I could see him going to a team like the Yotes or Avalanche or Islanders, whoever can afford him for now.
Kariya's caphit at the deadline would be around 2.000.000, so its actually not impossible. His value is all-time low at this point, and I've also read Shero is supposed to be a fan of Kariya.

Old
02-11-2010, 11:36 AM
Darth Vitale
Transitional Period

1st + Prospect for Whitney = insanity at his age and given how many picks we've traded away in recent years. At some point you're going to start hurting yourself by giving away your earliest picks for guys who will play for you for one year or less.

Other news: Guerin is not practicing this morning per the Pens' site. Not hurt AFAIK, so maybe a trade in the works. Talbot is not practicing either but the assumption there is he's hurt still, so we'll see.

Old
02-11-2010, 11:38 AM
johnniewalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMisfits View Post
Kariya's caphit at the deadline would be around 2.000.000, so its actually not impossible. His value is all-time low at this point, and I've also read Shero is supposed to be a fan of Kariya.
The Pens are going to have like 800k in space at the deadline. We cannot afford to take on a $6m contract. The only way we could get Kariya is if he were waived, cleared waivers, was assigned to their AHL team, cleared re-entry waivers, and then refused to report. We could then negotiate a contract with him for the remainder of the season. That assumes, however, that no team out there would be willing to take him on for $3m when he was on re-entry waivers, and I guarantee someone would.

Old
02-11-2010, 11:44 AM
Darth Vitale
Transitional Period

Yah today is really like a mini-deadline day isn't it? Maybe several teams will make moves in the next 26 hours or so, in order to make sure everyone is ready to go immediately after the break. Still, Shero is Mr. Patient / last second move guy... unless one of the guys he's targeting is on the verge of getting moved today and that GM calls to say "last chance", I doubt he'll do anything.

Old
02-11-2010, 11:46 AM
TheMisfits

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnniewalker View Post
The Pens are going to have like 800k in space at the deadline. We cannot afford to take on a $6m contract. The only way we could get Kariya is if he were waived, cleared waivers, was assigned to their AHL team, cleared re-entry waivers, and then refused to report. We could then negotiate a contract with him for the remainder of the season. That assumes, however, that no team out there would be willing to take him on for $3m when he was on re-entry waivers, and I guarantee someone would.
Hehe, yeah that won't happen. But didn't someone post earlier in this tread our cap space would be over just 2.000.000 at the deadline?
I'm not an expert in how the capspace works, but if its only 800k there's no chance of Kariya off course.

Old
02-11-2010, 11:49 AM
davemess

Quote:
Hehe, yeah that won't happen. But didn't someone post earlier in this tread our cap space would be over just 2.000.000 at the deadline?
I'm not an expert in how the capspace works, but if its only 800k there's no chance of Kariya off course.
The $2.3 mill figure is an over the year equivalent.

I.e. we can add a player with a yearly salary of $2.3 mill without cutting any further salaries be trading/demoting players.

Old
02-11-2010, 11:51 AM
regard

Quote:
2 million total year long salary
it all adds up so we actually have to take into account the persons entire salary not pro rated without equal salary going back
and im not sure what that number is now

Closed Thread