HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

OT: Southern Hospitality; Chatty, chat, chat

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-07-2010, 04:34 PM
  #126
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor
 
triggrman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 19,112
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
many of us know eachother in the real world and know each others names but respect each others privacy and stick with screennames for posting purposes. There are some real weird/bad people, sadly...
Sounds like you speak from experience, something from your youth perhaps???



Just kidding we know the internet wasn't around in your youth....

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2010, 04:35 PM
  #127
JohniusMaximus
Digging the Sarchasm
 
JohniusMaximus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Middle TN
Country: United States
Posts: 764
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SabreTooth3539 View Post
I like the idea of making this forum more personal, I think it makes for a better community. Having a few off topic threads helps us to get to know each other as more than hockey fans, which is really nice.

Also, what's with this forum and real names? I've been on my share of forums over the years and after a while, everyone knows everyone else's real names. It feels so impersonal to constantly refer to each other by some username. Maybe you guys are just paranoid, but I prefer to be called by my name, especially because Sab.er will forever be spelled wrong.
I'm not paranoid. I can't help it that everyone's out to get me!

John, by the way. Feel free to use it instead of the JohniusMaximus title.

JohniusMaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2010, 04:37 PM
  #128
Adz
Eudora Wannabe
 
Adz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Hermitage TN
Country: United States
Posts: 2,128
vCash: 500
My real name is Lisa, but I've grown quite fond of "Adzy".

How do you PM people on this board?

Adz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2010, 04:38 PM
  #129
quoth the Raven
Anders Lindback Fan
 
quoth the Raven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Smashville
Country: United States
Posts: 775
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
many of us know eachother in the real world and know each others names but respect each others privacy and stick with screennames for posting purposes. There are some real weird/bad people, sadly...
Of course. I'm all for respecting each other's privacy, the internet can be a scary place. But many of us have posted in this very thread with our info, so it can be found it someone wanted to. I would just like to refer to other people by their names, but I understand if others don't feel the same.

quoth the Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2010, 04:38 PM
  #130
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor
 
triggrman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 19,112
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adz View Post
My real name is Lisa, but I've grown quite fond of "Adzy".

How do you PM people on this board?
Click on their name then click on send pm

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2010, 04:40 PM
  #131
quoth the Raven
Anders Lindback Fan
 
quoth the Raven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Smashville
Country: United States
Posts: 775
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohniusMaximus View Post
I'm not paranoid. I can't help it that everyone's out to get me!

John, by the way. Feel free to use it instead of the JohniusMaximus title.
Can I call you Johnny? I'd tell you why but it would be too revealing.

quoth the Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2010, 04:43 PM
  #132
token grinder
formerly sirryan189
 
token grinder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Franklin
Country: United States
Posts: 4,312
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
How do you know triggrman is not my real name! Who told you!
I thought your name was Lady Byng

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2010, 04:45 PM
  #133
token grinder
formerly sirryan189
 
token grinder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Franklin
Country: United States
Posts: 4,312
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
Simple rule: If you have to insult the person you are debating with, you lost the debate.

Bring facts not hate. People have the right to debelieve in what you believe in but if they are going to push the issue bring facts.
it is hard to do with red people around. you know, red wing fans. REDTOOSTUPIDTOCHEERFORAWINNER SOX fans, etc.

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2010, 04:51 PM
  #134
quoth the Raven
Anders Lindback Fan
 
quoth the Raven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Smashville
Country: United States
Posts: 775
vCash: 500
Since this is a "chat" thread now, I would like to share the fact that I am about to go to my first ever Hindu Temple. My World Religions class is taking a field trip every Wednesday in April to a different religious establishment. I need to leave now since the place is over 30 minutes away, but this should be interesting.

quoth the Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2010, 05:43 PM
  #135
PredsV82
No
 
PredsV82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Grumpyville
Country: St Kitts and Nevis
Posts: 17,120
vCash: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
Sounds like you speak from experience, something from your youth perhaps???



Just kidding we know the internet wasn't around in your youth....


well played mr triggrman!

sadly, that is so way true...



and it was from the old espn boards.... there were some serious headcases on there

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2010, 05:47 PM
  #136
PredsV82
No
 
PredsV82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Grumpyville
Country: St Kitts and Nevis
Posts: 17,120
vCash: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
Click on their name then click on send pm
and when you receive a PM look up under your name on the top right... it'll turn blue with a "new notifications" message

(check yours now.. i'll send you one to try out)

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2010, 05:52 PM
  #137
TMI
Mod Supervisor
 
TMI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Posts: 46,845
vCash: 500
It's nice to start figuring out who on here is an old poster from the NP boards with a new name. I actually didn't realize PredsV82 was volde until I was on the np.com forum and saw the same "minister of mucous" tag.

Could someone refresh my memory? I know there is a corner where posters from NP gather during pre-game skate, but I was looking for it last Thursday to no avail. I thought it was 101-102 area. Maybe I was there and didn't realize.

TMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2010, 06:04 PM
  #138
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor
 
triggrman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 19,112
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by token grinder View Post
I thought your name was Lady Byng
That's my nickname. It's the way I carry myself on the ice I guess...

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2010, 06:22 PM
  #139
Adz
Eudora Wannabe
 
Adz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Hermitage TN
Country: United States
Posts: 2,128
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
It's nice to start figuring out who on here is an old poster from the NP boards with a new name. I actually didn't realize PredsV82 was volde until I was on the np.com forum and saw the same "minister of mucous" tag.

Could someone refresh my memory? I know there is a corner where posters from NP gather during pre-game skate, but I was looking for it last Thursday to no avail. I thought it was 101-102 area. Maybe I was there and didn't realize.
102-103

Adz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2010, 06:46 PM
  #140
lstcyr
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 2,003
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SabreTooth3539 View Post
Since this is a "chat" thread now, I would like to share the fact that I am about to go to my first ever Hindu Temple. My World Religions class is taking a field trip every Wednesday in April to a different religious establishment. I need to leave now since the place is over 30 minutes away, but this should be interesting.
Are you going to the one in Bellevue? It's a fascinating place.

lstcyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2010, 08:34 PM
  #141
ZombPred
ALLeyeDOizWHEN!
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Tennessee
Country: Hungary
Posts: 1,036
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
It's nice to start figuring out who on here is an old poster from the NP boards with a new name. I actually didn't realize PredsV82 was volde until I was on the np.com forum and saw the same "minister of mucous" tag.

Could someone refresh my memory? I know there is a corner where posters from NP gather during pre-game skate, but I was looking for it last Thursday to no avail. I thought it was 101-102 area. Maybe I was there and didn't realize.
I keep reading about this NP board. What is it?

ZombPred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2010, 08:39 PM
  #142
nine_inch_fang
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Spring Hill, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 1,506
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to nine_inch_fang
NashvillePredators.com......the message board there used to be pretty good. Now...not so much

nine_inch_fang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2010, 08:41 PM
  #143
ZombPred
ALLeyeDOizWHEN!
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Tennessee
Country: Hungary
Posts: 1,036
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nine_inch_fang View Post
NashvillePredators.com......the message board there used to be pretty good. Now...not so much
Ah. Ya your right, Iv'e been over there a few times and didn't like what I saw.

ZombPred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2010, 09:05 PM
  #144
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD
 
BigFatCat999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Campbell, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 10,744
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by token grinder View Post
it is hard to do with red people around. you know, red wing fans. REDTOOSTUPIDTOCHEERFORAWINNER SOX fans, etc.
Ah, I love you too Sirryan. But at least I only root for ONE baseball team.

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2010, 09:42 PM
  #145
quoth the Raven
Anders Lindback Fan
 
quoth the Raven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Smashville
Country: United States
Posts: 775
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adz View Post
102-103
Would I be a creeper if I showed up there? I go to preskate every game but usually stand behind the benches or slightly to the side of Peks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lstcyr View Post
Are you going to the one in Bellevue? It's a fascinating place.
Yes, that's the place. It was pretty fascinating, the woman who spoke to us was very pretty... I think Indian women are pretty in general. It was really interesting to see the people worshiping too, since they do it on their own time instead of in a congregation. I've been there before, we did a very similar field trip in 7th grade to the Ganesha Temple, a Synagogue, and a Mosque. Of course, there's quite a different atmosphere from 7th grade to juniors/seniors in college.

quoth the Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2010, 09:59 PM
  #146
token grinder
formerly sirryan189
 
token grinder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Franklin
Country: United States
Posts: 4,312
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
Ah, I love you too Sirryan. But at least I only root for ONE baseball team.
that is true....if you really count the kansas city royals as a pro baseball team

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2010, 10:05 PM
  #147
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD
 
BigFatCat999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Campbell, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 10,744
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by token grinder View Post
that is true....if you really count the kansas city royals as a pro baseball team
Class AA is professional.

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2010, 10:38 AM
  #148
Viqsi
carrying the flag
 
Viqsi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: The Scary Internet
Country: United States
Posts: 23,190
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
Simple rule: If you have to insult the person you are debating with, you lost the debate.

Bring facts not hate. People have the right to debelieve in what you believe in but if they are going to push the issue bring facts.

I'm not asking for the boards to become the Lincoln Douglass debates but think before you post. It's like posting while drunk......only fools would do that. :O)
We have moderators that post while drunk and do a good job of it. Clearly that means we're better.

(Then again, HF's CBJ section has been basically the premiere Jackets gathering point for years now, so we have a head start. Nyah! )

__________________
Remember - when you're a hockey fan, it's not "reckless driving", it's "good forechecking".
"Viqsi, you are our sweet humanist..." --mt-svk on the CBJ boards

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2010, 12:47 PM
  #149
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD
 
BigFatCat999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Campbell, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 10,744
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
We have moderators that post while drunk and do a good job of it. Clearly that means we're better.

(Then again, HF's CBJ section has been basically the premiere Jackets gathering point for years now, so we have a head start. Nyah! )
Child, don't make me smack you, I know where you live.

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2010, 06:38 PM
  #150
JR303
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 206
vCash: 500
Well, I can't post on game days, but not to worry, I'm still here, bringing the collective hockey IQ down to an acceptable level.

My name's John. And yes, met a few of the posters at games, and just called the by their screen names. What was most disturbing meeting Volde and he looked nothing like his avatar. (The bald green one)

JR303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:47 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.