HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

February 2010 - New York Area Road Trip – Islanders, Rangers and Devils

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
08-14-2009, 04:01 PM
  #1
Pattypred
Registered User
 
Pattypred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 767
vCash: 500
February 2010 - New York Area Road Trip – Islanders, Rangers and Devils

I put this on the Nashville Predators Message Board but with the recent change in format, I am putting this out for anyone interested in the February 2010 Road Trip to watch the Predators plan 3 games in the New York area.
From what I've been finding out - to get group ticket rates, we will need 20 people.

New York Islander Information:
Lower VIP End Zone - $59
Center Mezzanine - $39
End Mezzanine - $32
Upper Mezzanine - $17.50

New Jersey Devils Information:
Lower Level Corners/Ends - $79 (Group rate=$65)
Mezzanine/Balcony - $56 (Group rate=45)

New York Rangers Information:
I've been in contact with group sales but have no information as to prices yet. They are awaiting their ticket allotment and group prices. Should have this by the end of the month.

HOTEL INFORMATION:

For those looking for hotels, I hear the Hilton in Newark is excellent. Also has the added benefit of being connected to Newark Penn Station. If you fly into Newark, there are plenty of hotels around there. And if you're not averse to a little commute, you could find a hotel near a train station, like in New Brunswick or Princeton, for cheap.

Information for the hotel that is next to the Coliseum.
Long Island Marriot Hotel & Conference Center
101 James Doolittle Blvd.
Uniondale, NY 11553
(516) 794-3800
www.longislandmarriott.com


Since the "new" boards are not very user friendly - anyone wanting to contact me about this trip, please email me at pattypred@gmail.com and I'll put you on my list of those interested.

We really need to get to 20 people to get group tickets.

Pattypred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2009, 06:29 AM
  #2
Pattypred
Registered User
 
Pattypred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 767
vCash: 500
By the way - any ideas on the best place to stay that would have easy access to the trains for all venues.

I'm thinking about staying in Newark and taking the NJ Transit into NYC.

Pattypred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2009, 12:45 PM
  #3
Predaceous
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 35
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pattypred View Post
By the way - any ideas on the best place to stay that would have easy access to the trains for all venues.

I'm thinking about staying in Newark and taking the NJ Transit into NYC.
Patty,

I posted this on the Preds boards, but you might want to take a look at the Newton Hotel on the Upper West Side. You can take the 1,2, 3, A or C train to Penn Station and catch the Long Island Railroad from there for the Islanders game. You would exit at the Hempstead station then either take a taxi or walk about a block to the bus terminal and catch the N70, N71 or N72 bus to the Coliseum. If you're going to take a taxi you can exit at Westbury, Hempstead or Hicksville.

For the Rangers game, you would also go to Penn Station as I believe MSG sits right above it.

For the Devils game, once again go to Penn Station then jump on the Nj Transit Rail Nj Coast Line/Long Branch to Newark Penn Station. The Prudential Center is just two blocks away.

Long Island is a looooong ride on the LIRR, and I'm afraid that if you stay in NJ or Long Island you'll regret it. Stay in Manhattan. It's central to all the venues and you'll get around much faster.

Newton Hotel was very reasonable.

D

Predaceous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2010, 10:05 PM
  #4
quoth the Raven
Anders Lindback Fan
 
quoth the Raven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Smashville
Country: United States
Posts: 775
vCash: 500
To anyone who's going on these road trips, I hope you have a fun and safe time!

quoth the Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2010, 12:17 AM
  #5
Milly79
Registered User
 
Milly79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Columbia, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 351
vCash: 500
Man, if I wouldn't have spent all that money on that trip to Finland late last year, I would have definitely made the trip.

I hope you guys get enough and get to go. Show the Atlantic how the Preds fans do it!

Safe travels if you go!

Milly79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2010, 06:23 AM
  #6
Enoch
This is my boomstick
 
Enoch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Chattanooga TN
Country: United States
Posts: 12,505
vCash: 500
If I wasn't working, I would be going. The trip sounds AMAZING.

__________________
- Enoch -
Enoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2010, 06:55 AM
  #7
Pattypred
Registered User
 
Pattypred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 767
vCash: 500
Soooooooooooooooo excited to be here and planning the day prior to the Islanders game tonight.

Major snow storm coming in for tomorrow but that's okay - it's hockey weather. The storm will screw up some sightseeing plans but that's okay too. Main reason for my trip was to watch some hockey and add some barns on my list that I've visited. After this trip - it will be up to 14 arenas. My goal is to eventually hit all 30 of them.

Pattypred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2010, 07:24 AM
  #8
Seth Lake
Registered User
 
Seth Lake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 8,855
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pattypred View Post
Soooooooooooooooo excited to be here and planning the day prior to the Islanders game tonight.

Major snow storm coming in for tomorrow but that's okay - it's hockey weather. The storm will screw up some sightseeing plans but that's okay too. Main reason for my trip was to watch some hockey and add some barns on my list that I've visited. After this trip - it will be up to 14 arenas. My goal is to eventually hit all 30 of them.
Very cool! I've been to MSG once and had a great time and have driven by Nassau Coliseum quite a few times, but have never been there. Prudential Center should be pretty cool to check out as a new building too...

Ranger fans started a GDT yesterday for the game and continue to ask if it will be postponed due to the weather. I doubt with both teams in town and officials readily available in the NY Metro region that that will happen, but anyhow, stay safe in your travels as the storm moves in...

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2010, 08:00 AM
  #9
PredsChik
Registered User
 
PredsChik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Smyrna, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 693
vCash: 500
Patty and Wendy: STAY SAFE! And don't do anything I wouldn't do...

Can't wait to hear all about your travels at the glass in March! <3 ya!

PredsChik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2010, 09:19 AM
  #10
golfmade
Go Preds Go
 
golfmade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Taiwan
Country: Taiwan
Posts: 19,460
vCash: 500
Aye, stay safe, have a blast and be sure to share stories and pictures afterward.

golfmade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2010, 09:52 AM
  #11
Preds Partisan
Nothing
 
Preds Partisan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 696
vCash: 500
I'm not making the first three games of the road trip (good thing since I was contemplating driving there ), but I am going to see the Preds last game in the Igloo vs. the Pens on Valentine's Day Sunday. Anybody going to that one?

I'm calling it the "One Foot on the Plane Game" since it's the last of a four game roadie before the Olympic break.

Preds Partisan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2010, 09:58 AM
  #12
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD
 
BigFatCat999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Campbell, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 9,954
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Preds Partisan View Post
I'm not making the first three games of the road trip (good thing since I was contemplating driving there ), but I am going to see the Preds last game in the Igloo vs. the Pens on Valentine's Day Sunday. Anybody going to that one?

I'm calling it the "One Foot on the Plane Game" since it's the last of a four game roadie before the Olympic break.
Got any extra tickets? I'm 3 hours from Pitt by car.

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2010, 10:02 AM
  #13
PredsChik
Registered User
 
PredsChik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Smyrna, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 693
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Preds Partisan View Post
I'm not making the first three games of the road trip (good thing since I was contemplating driving there ), but I am going to see the Preds last game in the Igloo vs. the Pens on Valentine's Day Sunday. Anybody going to that one?
I had looked into going but tickets are outrageous and I was planning on driving back after the game. I finally told myself no, even though I'd love to go.

PredsChik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2010, 10:17 AM
  #14
Preds Partisan
Nothing
 
Preds Partisan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 696
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
Got any extra tickets? I'm 3 hours from Pitt by car.
No, sorry. We only decided for sure to go about two weeks ago so I had to call in a favor with somebody I do business with just to get these. Who knew demand was so high in Pittsburgh to see the Preds?

Preds Partisan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2010, 10:28 AM
  #15
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD
 
BigFatCat999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Campbell, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 9,954
vCash: 500
Enjoy the 20+ inches of snow.

Oh, and if you get the chance, rent some skates and skate at Rochefeller Center.

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2010, 10:53 AM
  #16
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod
 
barrytrotzsneck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 31,119
vCash: 500
Having formerly lived up there, i can say you'll enjoy the trip.

The Isles building\most of LI in general is a dump, but it's usually a pretty good atmosphere.

MSG is great, you'll love that one.

I haven't been to the new Devils building, but it has to be an improvement from CAA. That building was downright depressing, and always lifeless, except the Rags\Devils games I would go to...where we would see fights in the stands and Rags fans outnumbering Devils fans.

__________________
www.thepredatorial.com

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2010, 02:22 PM
  #17
quoth the Raven
Anders Lindback Fan
 
quoth the Raven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Smashville
Country: United States
Posts: 775
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Preds Partisan View Post
I'm not making the first three games of the road trip (good thing since I was contemplating driving there ), but I am going to see the Preds last game in the Igloo vs. the Pens on Valentine's Day Sunday. Anybody going to that one?

I'm calling it the "One Foot on the Plane Game" since it's the last of a four game roadie before the Olympic break.
I considered going to this game, but since the Pens are my second favorite team, I didn't want to spend that kind of money without a clear picture of who I was rooting for. I'd rather travel to Pittsburgh to be 100% rooting for Pens or go somewhere else to see the Preds away.

quoth the Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2010, 09:10 PM
  #18
BlueShirts88
Section 208 Row 15
 
BlueShirts88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 10,336
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BlueShirts88
Just to give an update on the status of tomorrow's game, it will definatly be played. The preds are staying overnight in Manhatten and will be right next to MSG. If anybody is going to MSG tomorrow, have a good time-- It will likely be very empty because of the snow. I know I wont be there, the snow has made my trip from eastern LI impossible, plus the LIRR will be out of service.

And FYI (after reading through this thread) MSG is directly above Penn Station. In fact, you dont even have to go outside which is good since the snow

__________________
"Matteau! Matteau! Matteau!"~H. Rose
BlueShirts88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2010, 09:17 PM
  #19
Seth Lake
Registered User
 
Seth Lake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 8,855
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers88 View Post
Just to give an update on the status of tomorrow's game, it will definatly be played. The preds are staying overnight in Manhatten and will be right next to MSG. If anybody is going to MSG tomorrow, have a good time-- It will likely be very empty because of the snow. I know I wont be there, the snow has made my trip from eastern LI impossible, plus the LIRR will be out of service.

And FYI (after reading through this thread) MSG is directly above Penn Station. In fact, you dont even have to go outside which is good since the snow
Preds were told pre-game that they could not travel tonight to Manhattan. They are stuck on Long Island tonight and will attempt to make the trip tomorrow...no doubt they'll be there tomorrow night, just not going to take chances in the weather tonight...

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2010, 09:23 PM
  #20
BlueShirts88
Section 208 Row 15
 
BlueShirts88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 10,336
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BlueShirts88
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
Preds were told pre-game that they could not travel tonight to Manhattan. They are stuck on Long Island tonight and will attempt to make the trip tomorrow...no doubt they'll be there tomorrow night, just not going to take chances in the weather tonight...
Oh really? I was watching the game and I heard the announcers say that the plans changed. Either way I'm sure the game is on. Its only about 20 minutes from Nassau Colisuem to MSG, and 10 minutes from MSG to Prudential Center.

BlueShirts88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2010, 09:25 PM
  #21
Seth Lake
Registered User
 
Seth Lake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 8,855
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers88 View Post
Oh really? I was watching the game and I heard the announcers say that the plans changed. Either way I'm sure the game is on. Its only about 20 minutes from Nassau Colisuem to MSG, and 10 minutes from MSG to Prudential Center.
Quote:
Change in plans. Little to no snow so far so we're going tonight. Update you all later.

-predsradio
http://twitter.com/predsradio/status/8885162062

Yeah, didn't hear that on the telecast (was listening to the Isles broadcast), but Tom Callahan just updated his Twitter two minutes ago with the same message...

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2010, 09:32 PM
  #22
BlueShirts88
Section 208 Row 15
 
BlueShirts88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 10,336
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BlueShirts88
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
http://twitter.com/predsradio/status/8885162062

Yeah, didn't hear that on the telecast (was listening to the Isles broadcast), but Tom Callahan just updated his Twitter two minutes ago with the same message...
The only potential problem could be getting the off ice officials and MSG staff there for the game. Many must take the PATH from NJ or the LIRR from LI to make it there, and chances are railways will be closed or have massive delays.

BlueShirts88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2010, 09:48 PM
  #23
Seth Lake
Registered User
 
Seth Lake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 8,855
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers88 View Post
The only potential problem could be getting the off ice officials and MSG staff there for the game. Many must take the PATH from NJ or the LIRR from LI to make it there, and chances are railways will be closed or have massive delays.
Having grown up in Hartford, it immediately brings back memories of a Devils-Whalers game at the Civic Center in January 1983 when the game officials were delayed by a snowstorm...

Quote:
During a snowstorm the referee and one of the two linesmen were delayed in their arrival. The Hartford Whalers and New Jersey Devils each assigned a player to act as a linesman, while the one linesman who had shown up assumed the responsibility of Referee. The game went smoothly for the first period. By the start of the second period the missing officials arrived relieving the players of their officiating duties.
http://www99.epinions.com/review/The...t_228523347588

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2010, 09:28 AM
  #24
The Perfect Paradox
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 6,502
vCash: 50
Just came by your board and this thread caught my attention. Nice idea for a road trip, and whoever is going on it, I hope you have a good time. Sucks that the Garden will probably be pretty empty due to the snow, when the Garden is full (like it usually is), it has one of the best atmospheres in the league.

Also, to whoever said Long Island is a dump, either lived in a really crappy town, or didn't do enough. Sure, there aren't many sights to see, especially in the winter. But its a NY suburb filled with plenty of things to do, alot of people and in the summer, beaches.

The Perfect Paradox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2010, 09:52 AM
  #25
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod
 
barrytrotzsneck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 31,119
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Henrik 30 View Post
Just came by your board and this thread caught my attention. Nice idea for a road trip, and whoever is going on it, I hope you have a good time. Sucks that the Garden will probably be pretty empty due to the snow, when the Garden is full (like it usually is), it has one of the best atmospheres in the league.

Also, to whoever said Long Island is a dump, either lived in a really crappy town, or didn't do enough. Sure, there aren't many sights to see, especially in the winter. But its a NY suburb filled with plenty of things to do, alot of people and in the summer, beaches.
There's definitely nice places...same for NJ...it's just an "on the whole" type of thing.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:33 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.