HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Preds Post Season Awards

Closed Thread

Old
04-21-2004, 07:55 AM
biscuithead

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to biscuithead
Preds Post Season Awards

Reading the Murfreesboro paper the other day, David Boclair handed out some post season awards. (Sorry, you have to be a subscriber or I'd post a link). Here's his list in short:
MVP-Vokoun
Rookie of the Year-Hamhuis
Most Improved-Hartnell
Best Win-4-3 vs Detroit 11/8/03
Worst loss-2-4 vs CBJ 2/16/04
Biggest Disappointment-Arkhipov
Best Part-time player-Hutchinson
Best Prospect-Shishkanov
Lifetime Achievement-Walker

Let's see our lists!

Old
04-21-2004, 07:59 AM
SmokeyClause

Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
MVP-Walker
Most Improved-Erat
Best Win - Game 3 - Detroit/7-3 over San Jose
Best Part-time player-Tootoo
Best Prospect-Suter

Old
04-21-2004, 08:28 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

I'd say the San Jose, Phoenix, Detroit comeback, Detroit playoff shutout, and the Pittsburg game were all good wins.

Old
04-21-2004, 10:14 AM
Olaf

MVP-Walker
Rookie of the Year-Zidlicky
Most Improved-Erat/Hammer
Best Win-Games 3 & 4 vs. Detroit
Best Part-time player- Tootoo
Best Prospect-Suter

Old
04-21-2004, 10:40 AM
crossxcheck

Send a message via AIM to crossxcheck Send a message via MSN to crossxcheck Send a message via Yahoo to crossxcheck
MVP-Vokoun
Rookie of the Year-Hamhuis/Zidlicky
Most Improved-EATON/Erat
Best Win-3-0 shutout in game 4 vs. Detroit/7-3 over SJ...sully!!!
Worst loss-Fangastic Finale
Biggest Disappointment-Arkhipov/Neckar
Best Prospect-Suter

Last edited by crossxcheck: 04-21-2004 at 10:55 AM.
Old
04-21-2004, 10:51 AM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeyClause
MVP-Walker
Most Improved-Erat
Best Win - Game 3 - Detroit/7-3 over San Jose
Best Part-time player-Tootoo
Best Prospect-Suter
Yea, what he said

Old
04-21-2004, 11:07 AM
biscuithead

Send a message via AIM to biscuithead
Here's mine:

MVP-Vokoun (he kept us in games and definitely the playoffs)
Rookie of the Year-Zidlicky
Most Improved-Hall (I think he may be better than Hartnell)
Best Win-4-3 vs Detroit 11/8/03 (big comeback vs best team)
Biggest Disappointment-Arkhipov (he better have a good summer)
Best Prospect-Shishkanov (In a Preds sweater next fall?)
Lifetime Achievement-Walker (he ought to wear the "C")

Old
04-21-2004, 11:51 AM
Radulov for Czar*

Here's mine:

MVP - Tomas Vokoun

Where would our team be without this guy? Sure he may not have been at the top of his game all season, but could you imagine where we would have been with Dunham?

Rookie of the Year - TIE Marek Zidlicky and Dan Hamhuis

Impossible to say which one of these two were more important to the team. Hammer was steady on the blue line and Marek was stellar on the PP. If Zids can improve his defensive coverage, I'd say he has a legitimate shot at a Norris Trophy in the future.

Most Improved - Here comes my homer pick of Martin Erat

Come on, there is no way that he isn't the most improved. Sure, you could say Mark Eaton, or Scott Hartnell, but Erat had to work with the offensively inept Denis Arkhipov for most of the season and was one of our best players. Hopefully he is a Predator for life.

Best Win - 1st playoff win vs. Detroit

We came out at home and played with the edge that we knew we could beat them, and we did. Gives us nothing but confidence going into game 4, which leads to the shutout.

Worst loss - 2-4 vs CBJ 2/16/04

Scoring 2 goals on yourself in your rival's barn can do nothing good. After that game I seriously questioned this team's commitment to the playoffs, but then of course it was announced that we got Sully, so maybe the game wasn't so bad after all?

Biggest Disappointment - Denis Arkhipov

Wow. Just wow. How anyone could play that bad and still have an NHL roster spot, just boggles the mind. Next award.

Best Part-time player - David Legwand

Hell, he only plays part of the time.

Best Prospect - Ryan Suter

Hopefully this kid can live up to the billing. Could you imagine a blueline with Hamhuis, Suter, Eaton, Zidlicky, Timonen, and Klein?

Lifetime Achievement - Barry Trotz

Could have gone either way with this pick, but I went with the head man. Trotz kept this team together through thick and thin. Remember how we were calling for his head? Now we are calling for a raise.

Old
04-21-2004, 02:59 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuithead
Here's mine:
Most Improved-Hall (I think he may be better than Hartnell)
I agree, and if and when he gets pissed look out. I believe he's our strongest player by far.

Old
04-21-2004, 04:17 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonesey
Here's mine:

MVP - Tomas Vokoun

Where would our team be without this guy? Sure he may not have been at the top of his game all season, but could you imagine where we would have been with Dunham?

Rookie of the Year - TIE Marek Zidlicky and Dan Hamhuis

Impossible to say which one of these two were more important to the team. Hammer was steady on the blue line and Marek was stellar on the PP. If Zids can improve his defensive coverage, I'd say he has a legitimate shot at a Norris Trophy in the future.

Most Improved - Here comes my homer pick of Martin Erat

Come on, there is no way that he isn't the most improved. Sure, you could say Mark Eaton, or Scott Hartnell, but Erat had to work with the offensively inept Denis Arkhipov for most of the season and was one of our best players. Hopefully he is a Predator for life.

Best Win - 1st playoff win vs. Detroit

We came out at home and played with the edge that we knew we could beat them, and we did. Gives us nothing but confidence going into game 4, which leads to the shutout.

Scoring 2 goals on yourself in your rival's barn can do nothing good. After that game I seriously questioned this team's commitment to the playoffs, but then of course it was announced that we got Sully, so maybe the game wasn't so bad after all?

Wow. Just wow. How anyone could play that bad and still have an NHL roster spot, just boggles the mind. Next award.

Best Part-time player - David Legwand

Hell, he only plays part of the time.

Hopefully this kid can live up to the billing. Could you imagine a blueline with Hamhuis, Suter, Eaton, Zidlicky, Timonen, and Klein?

Lifetime Achievement - Barry Trotz

Could have gone either way with this pick, but I went with the head man. Trotz kept this team together through thick and thin. Remember how we were calling for his head? Now we are calling for a raise.
I agree with that. Except for the best part-time player, I would choose as Simon Gamache/Andrew Hutchinson. They got the job done when they were called up.

Old
04-21-2004, 04:31 PM
PredsFan77*

Send a message via ICQ to PredsFan77* Send a message via AIM to PredsFan77*
MVP - Tomas Vokoun

Was the glue that held the team together.

Rookie of the Year - Marek Zidlicky

Zids gets the nod thanks to his PP.

Most Improved - Mark Eaton

I didn't even remember he exsisted before this season.

Best Win - 1st playoff win vs. Detroit or November game against Wings down 3-0.

Most of the Wings games were great, also the 10-30 game.

Ugly.

What the heck happened to him?

Best Part-time player - Anyone off the goon line.

I guess Stevenson/Tootoo count as part time...

Hope he's as good as everyone says.

Lifetime Achievement - Trotz/Poile

Poile stepped up to the plate and landed the guys we need for the playoffs, Trotz showed that he can actually coach and got the boys in.

Old
04-23-2004, 11:28 PM
jwhouk
Cheesehead Pred

• MVP - I'd split this one in half if I could; MVP should be Walker, but Vokoun is the reason we got to the playoffs.
  • Rookie of the Year - Duh. Hamhuis. Sorry all you Tootoo lovers out there, Dan was the best kid we had out there.
  • Most Improved - Martin Erat. If we had a comeback player of the year, he'd be it.
  • Best Win - Can't argue with the four-goal comeback Nov. 8 at the Joe; though the halloween eve slugfest against the Wings comes a close second. The 3-0 playoff shutout on Apr. 13 is right up there as well.
  • Worst loss - April 17 against the Wings. Why? Because it ended the season.
  • Biggest Disappointment - Arkhipov. It would surprise me greatly if he is wearing either a Predators or an Admirals sweater next season.
  • Best Part-time player - Chris Mason. Hey, you're gonna argue with the Avalanche killer?
  • Best Prospect - (I assume this is for individuals who are not currently on the Predators) Shishkanov certainly had a good year; Brian Finley seems to have finally remembered how to play goal (though I reserve judgement on that); Upshall still has a lot of up-side (as was shown tonight in game 2 of the playoffs). Shish probably had the best year of the bunch this past season, so I'd say it's him right now.
  • Lifetime Achievement - Scott "Mr. Predator" Walker. Heart and soul of the franchise. All-time leading scorer, all-time goal scorer. And, most importantly, no longer the longest tenured NHL player without a playoff appearance. A prediction: no one, and I mean NO ONE, will ever wear the number 24 for the Preds other than Scott W.
-----
"That's my story and I'm sticking to it..."

Old
04-27-2004, 02:56 AM
sparkle twin
Real Deal

Send a message via ICQ to sparkle twin Send a message via AIM to sparkle twin
MVP- Vokoun and Walker (emotional leaders, as they went, our team went)

Rookie of the Year- Zidlicky and Hamhuis (I remember being at the opening day of camp and watching Hamhuis for the first time and I said if he kept it up he would be good this year and he was.)

Most Improved- Eaton and Erat (no one had more improved seasons than those 2. Eaton‘s improvement was noticeable at camp, you could tell he was bigger and stronger than the year before. And Erat, well there is just no question as to how much he improved from last year)

Best Win-Detroit 11/8/03 (4-3 comeback win @ the Joe); 4-11 vs Detroit (first playoff win); 1-10 vs St.Louis (I just remember it being really fun); 1-8 vs Colorado (Mason’s first win, in OT, healthy all-stars vs sickly no names that night, and the start of 7 in a row unbeaten.)

Worst loss- 3-27 vs Columbus (in OT, after being up 2-0, playoffs seemed to be in doubt); 4-17 vs Detroit (ended our great season); 4-3 vs St.Louis (just horrible, didn‘t seem like we were going to be in at all....then later thank you vancouver); 3-8 vs Boston (just let Thornton skate circles around us, and couldn’t do anything right.); 12-16 vs Vancouver (in OT, I remember thinking how that one point lost could come back to haunt us at the end of the year)

Biggest Disappointment-Arkhipov, and trading Brookbank

Best Part-time player-Hutchinson, Mason (they really stepped up when called upon.)

Best Prospect-Upshall, Gamache ( I like what I have seen of both of those in their limited time here, hopefully they get better chances next season.)

Lifetime Achievement-Walker, Trotz

Closed Thread