HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Brashear wants out-asked to be traded (Update: Reported to Hartford/Played game)

Old
02-12-2010, 09:00 AM
Jersey Girl

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeHamiltonsTan View Post
i dont know what make my stomach turn more, watching that video or the fact that 3 months later he was in a ranger uniform. disgusting move by sather. im just so thrilled both sather and torts were so sure nyr fans would forget the betts hit quickly and he would become a fan favorite right away...ya howd that one work out for ya?
I said it was a disgusting move at the time of the signing, and I was massacred by people on this site who told me Blair Betts didn't matter because he's not a Ranger anymore, it was partly Betts's own fault, it's fine if Brashear does this kind of stuff for us, etc.

Hopefully you were not one of the people who massacred me...

Jersey Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2010, 09:11 AM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Phily's PK is #20 in the NHL even with Betts. The star PKer on the Rangers is the guy between the pipes.

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2010, 10:56 AM
AllNYteams

A. Gross reports that Brashear's salary won't count against the Cap

Andrew Gross over at Ranger Rants reports that Brashear's salary won't count against the salary cap for the first year. The over-35 doesn't count for the first season only subsequent seasons. An over-35 is treated like any other contract for the first season unless they have a no move claus which Brashear does not. Hopefully this means Brashear will be sent down. Maybe the hockey gods are giving us a bit of a break.

http://blogs.northjersey.com/blogs/r...clarification/

AllNYteams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2010, 10:57 AM
GarretJoseph*

Interesting. I didn;t think that was possible.

GarretJoseph* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2010, 10:59 AM
IceBear86
Broadway Pride

thank the hockey gods Brash started to suck right from the beginning of his contract and not in the 2nd year or later....

IceBear86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2010, 11:10 AM
AllNYteams

And thanks to Brashear for opening his mouth, once again. Bec if it weren't for him going to the media and complaining they might have just let him continue sitting in the press box for $1.4, practicing and traveling w the Rangers, and playing a disappointing game every now and then.

Old
02-12-2010, 11:13 AM
AllNYteams

So now that he has been put on waivers and we know that his salary won't count against the cap for this season, why is he still with the team? What is the hold-up? He isn't playing tonight. I don't understand the logic behind paying for his trip. Maybe someone can explain what it takes for someone to clear waivers and the time frame they have to report to Hartford.

Old
02-12-2010, 11:14 AM
Carlos Ranger
Zucc-a-Rella

He cleared.
http://twitter.com/TSNBobMcKenzie/status/9017269445

Carlos Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2010, 11:19 AM
AllNYteams

http://www.snyrangersblog.com/

So now that he has cleared waivers, does that mean that he has 24 hours to report to Hartford?

Old
02-12-2010, 11:21 AM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by azrok22 View Post
Let's all take a moment to say a quick prayer that we send him to Hartford and he refuses to go.
yep, they are morons if they dont send him down, save the cash then see what happens at the deadline . If they have cap space throw him on re-entry and take the 700 K hit. Its going to have to happen next yr anyways

Cheechoo is on waivers too. He has 3 million next yr but even for Brash that's not smart

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2010, 11:23 AM
Osminator

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierreification View Post
Cheechoo (Ott), Lundmark (Cgy) and May (Det) on waivers. Brashear clears.

Jonathan Cheechoo, who scored 56 goals back in 2005-06??? Oh my, how he's fallen...

Lundmark... errr.. yeah, well. Lundmark.

Brad May would be fun in NY.... Voros, May, Prust on a line

Osminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2010, 11:24 AM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllNYteams View Post
http://www.snyrangersblog.com/

So now that he has cleared waivers, does that mean that he has 24 hours to report to Hartford?
The Rangers have to assign him there first.

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2010, 11:26 AM
Loffen
Wen Kroy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osminator View Post
Jonathan Cheechoo, who scored 56 goals back in 2005-06??? Oh my, how he's fallen...
Joe Thornton, that's all.

Loffen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2010, 11:27 AM
HockeyBasedNYC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
yep, they are morons if they dont send him down, save the cash then see what happens at the deadline . If they have cap space throw him on re-entry and take the 700 K hit. Its going to have to happen next yr anyways

Cheechoo is on waivers too. He has 3 million next yr but even for Brash that's not smart
They? as in Sather?

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2010, 11:33 AM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post
They? as in Sather?
basically, I mean they have a few weeks to get him off the books anyway with the break, he does'nt even have to report but he should inorder to get playing time to show case himself........yea I know that wont mean crap but Hartford is a pretty descent place,haha

so they have 24 hrs to make the move right? Thus after the game/tommorow by noon?...............waive waive waive

Last edited by Vitto79: 02-12-2010 at 11:40 AM.
Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2010, 11:44 AM
HockeyBasedNYC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
basically, I mean they have a few weeks to get him off the books anyway with the break, he does'nt even have to report but he should inorder to get playing time to show case himself........yea I know that wont mean crap but Hartford is a pretty descent place,haha

so they have 24 hrs to make the move right? Thus after the game/tommorow by noon?...............waive waive waive
they, as in Sather...

?

Just want to assign the blame where it should be from the get-go if he doesnt do the smart thing and assign and terminate if Brash doesnt report.

Old
02-12-2010, 11:44 AM
beastly115

I still don't think Brash will mutually terminate the contract. He passed through waivers. Clearly no team wants him for 1.4M. He's guaranteed 1.4M next season. Why would he terminate this contract and hope to sign a new, cheaper contract as a UFA? It'd be for less money and he has no guarantee that any teams will even make him an offer. Makes no sense from his POV.

beastly115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2010, 11:49 AM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loffen View Post
Joe Thornton, that's all.
For me 56 is impressive as hell whether you play with Joe T or not...

If you watch the YouTube compilation of his 56 goal season, he scored some absolute beauties.... Amazing how he has fallen off... Cheechoo has had seasons of scoring:

goals... Amazing how he can barely muster 15 goals a season or even stay in the NHL....

wolfgaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2010, 11:49 AM
HockeyBasedNYC

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphaqup View Post
I still don't think Brash will mutually terminate the contract. He passed through waivers. Clearly no team wants him for 1.4M. He's guaranteed 1.4M next season. Why would he terminate this contract and hope to sign a new, cheaper contract as a UFA? It'd be for less money and he has no guarantee that any teams will even make him an offer. Makes no sense from his POV.
But this is Brashear we are talking about.

Hes upset because he thinks the dont "Believe in" him.

If thats the case what does sending him to the minors show? He'll have to wait till camp next year to make the team, right? I think with that said hes going to want to be on another NHL team for a shot to win the cup, hes not getting any younger. The only way he does that is if he terminates, becomes UFA and signs a dirt cheap contract as a depth/goon move. But there isnt a ton of fighting in the playoffs anyway, and if any team has scouted him theyll know its a total waste of a roster spot. So he might only terminate if he knows theres interest from another club.

Please correct me if im wrong on this.

Old
02-12-2010, 11:51 AM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphaqup View Post
Probably because he doesn't want to spend the remainder of this season and all of next season riding buses and playing in front of a few thousand people in AHL arenas? I don't know what kind of situation he is in financially but maybe he doesn't care about the $1.4 mil for next year similar to how Naslund had no problem calling it quits when he would have earned an additional couple million had he played the last year of his contract.

Old
02-12-2010, 11:52 AM
Osminator

someone deleted my pic of the pope with his arms spread out proclaiming "Brashear clears Waivers!"

WTF?

Osminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2010, 11:57 AM
Synergy27

I'm not sure why anyone even cares about the added cap space this year. It's not like Sather is going to be able to bring someone that can make an impact in with Brashear's cap hit. Next year is what's important, so we're screwed.

As far as him terminating the contract, it's possible, however unlikely, that he'd be willing to accept less money if he can dictate his destination.

Synergy27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2010, 11:57 AM
ThirdEye

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze View Post
Probably because he doesn't want to spend the remainder of this season and all of next season riding buses and playing in front of a few thousand people in AHL arenas? I don't know what kind of situation he is in financially but maybe he doesn't care about the $1.4 mil for next year similar to how Naslund had no problem calling it quits when he would have earned an additional couple million had he played the last year of his contract.
And those few thousand AHL fans don't want to spend money to watch this bum take up a roster spot in Hartford either

Can't compare Naslund and Brashear though. Naslund has made exponentially more money than Brashear in his career

ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2010, 12:16 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdEye View Post
And those few thousand AHL fans don't want to spend money to watch this bum take up a roster spot in Hartford either

Can't compare Naslund and Brashear though. Naslund has made exponentially more money than Brashear in his career
Yeah but with X amount of salary comes a certain lifestyle directly proportionate to your income.... If you make $4 mil a season you're going to spend accordingly and live in a multi-million dollar home, etc etc... If you make 4th line enforcer money, you probably live more modestly so a million dollars may go a long way.... Brashear has also been in the league for 17 seasons.... I'd imagine he would have a nice little nest egg going for himself...

Old
02-12-2010, 12:17 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synergy27 View Post
I'm not sure why anyone even cares about the added cap space this year. It's not like Sather is going to be able to bring someone that can make an impact in with Brashear's cap hit. Next year is what's important, so we're screwed.

As far as him terminating the contract, it's possible, however unlikely, that he'd be willing to accept less money if he can dictate his destination.
Staal & Girardi need new contracts....Cap space is never a bad thing to have....