HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Let's Entertain the option of packaging Dubi in a deal for an Elite scorer

Old
02-11-2010, 11:40 AM
Kind of Blue

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazyhorse30 View Post
He scored 40 points while playing with Jaromir Jagr.
As a rookie.

Quote:
41 with Zherdev, our best forward at the time.
Yeah, there's no drop off from Jagr to Zherdev, and Dubinsky only managed the same number of points.

Quote:
And he couldn't even last 10 games with Gaborik
It's not Dubinsky's fault that Tortorella has an uncontrollable urge to change lines every period. He played well with Gaborik.

Kind of Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2010, 11:41 AM
dedalus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garfinkel1 View Post
He is a second line player.
On this sub-.500 squad, yes. On a championship caliber roster he's not.

The other points are true. He should improve some; he doesn't cost a fortune; he works. He's the kind of 3rd liner you want on a championship team. For that reason he's worth hanging onto, but not at the price of a really good deal.

dedalus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2010, 11:42 AM
Wraparounds
Powerful Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by dedalus View Post
On this sub-.500 squad, yes. On a championship caliber roster he's not.

The other points are true. He should improve some; he doesn't cost a fortune; he works. He's the kind of 3rd liner you want on a championship team. For that reason he's worth hanging onto, but not at the price of a really good deal.
This ain't no champin'chip caliber team, y'know.

Wraparounds is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2010, 11:45 AM
XLJ

Dubinsky had a goal and 2 assists in boston which was his last game playing with Gabby and Christensen before Prospal game back. To say he couldn't last 10 games with Gaborik is silly. That line was playing great when Torts broke them up.

XLJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2010, 11:46 AM
Orr Nightmare

dubi for ray whitney...that will make us better

Orr Nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2010, 11:47 AM
Dredden
JT Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orr Nightmare View Post
dubi for ray whitney...that will make us better
For a 37 year old UFA? Get real.

Dredden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2010, 11:48 AM
dedalus

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Fan in PGH View Post
This ain't no champin'chip caliber team, y'know.
I know. That's why I said that if the right deal comes along, he can be shipped. If this team already had top caliber players and was in, say, Washington's shoes, Dubinsky would be just the kind of support player you would keep (or trade for at the deadline).

This team isn't there by any means, so if you can package Dubinsky to get a young cornerstone player, you do it without hesitating.

dedalus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2010, 11:48 AM
OverTheCap

What some people fail to realize is that Dubi is on pace to score 41 points in 13 less games played than his previous seasons. So he's actually shown an improvement this season compared to last year.

OverTheCap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2010, 11:50 AM
Orr Nightmare

Quote:
Originally Posted by SI Ranger View Post
For a 37 year old UFA? Get real.
it was a joke...i would never do that deal...if it was me...i would call up the kids in hartford...i can live with kids...i can't live with veteran scrubs.

Orr Nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2010, 11:51 AM
mullichicken25

we should give up on him at this point

but he's also shown that we cant bank on him either

mullichicken25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2010, 11:52 AM
Kind of Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverTheCap View Post
What some people fail to realize is that Dubi is on pace to score 41 points in 13 less games played than his previous seasons. So he's actually shown an improvement this season compared to last year.
That, plus you cannot underestimate the significance of the fact that he has continually had to play different positions and with different linemates all season long; it is difficult for him to find a rhythm and for us to gauge his progress under these circumstances.

Kind of Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2010, 11:52 AM
Dredden
JT Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orr Nightmare View Post
it was a joke...i would never do that deal...if it was me...i would call up the kids in hartford...i can live with kids...i can't live with veteran scrubs.
Oh ok, thank god.

Dredden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2010, 11:53 AM
pld459666

While I'm in no rush to trade Brandon, he's no longer that deal breaker he was in the Heatley scenario.

In the right deal, Brandon is a goner, but that goes for Callahan, MDZ and Staal as well.

The only true and legit untouchables that this team really has is Gaborik and Lundqvist.

That said, I don't see anyone being available that I would move either Staal or MDZ for so at this point they kinda fall into the same bucket as Gabby and Henrik.

Callahan and Brandon can be moved if the offer was right.

Brandon, Callahan, Rozy, Sangs and a 2nd rounder

for

David Booth and Nathan Horton

pld459666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2010, 11:54 AM
The Beezer

I like Dubi, I think he plays very hard day in and out. I also think that he is hindered (like alot of the younger guys) with the constant line juggling. He plays with some grit/toughness on a team that lacks it. I think he has a bright future ahead of him once he realizes the role he has to play. I envision him as a Rod Brindamour type. I would like to see him stay a Blueshirt, but with all that being said if the right deal came along I would have no problem including him.

The Beezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2010, 11:59 AM
Fletch

to be fair, it's nice to have a guy like Dubi on this team, and until AA shows he can be a consistent contributor, I really don't look to trade him. I have my issues, but if this team does ever find that #1 centerman, gets rid of Drury, has Artem as a legit second liner, then you're looking at a much better set of forwards with several homegrown guys. Further, he needs to be in the role that best suits him, but moreso the team. He's best suited playing with Gaborik because it gets him the most points, but he underperforms there and needs to slip into a different role that I pointed out earlier. That may be a long way off, but I'm not sure you stop building now for that quick fix, unless you can pull off a great deal with Dubi, Sanguinetti and a pick for that young, top line centerman. I don't think that's there, so I don't think I move him.

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2010, 12:03 PM
haveandare

I love how everyone "knows" what dubi is going to be and what his worth is. I'm sure you all know better than the team that drafted him and have been developing him over the past few years. Get a grip, this guy is NOT the problem or even A problem with this team. He's young, he's putting up more points every year and he has guts, which this team lacks.

Lets just make a "trade every single player on the roster" thread and we can squeeze all of this "trade (insert one of the few useful players we have)" talk in there.

haveandare is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2010, 12:05 PM
BwayBshirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666 View Post
While I'm in no rush to trade Brandon, he's no longer that deal breaker he was in the Heatley scenario.

In the right deal, Brandon is a goner, but that goes for Callahan, MDZ and Staal as well.

The only true and legit untouchables that this team really has is Gaborik and Lundqvist.

That said, I don't see anyone being available that I would move either Staal or MDZ for so at this point they kinda fall into the same bucket as Gabby and Henrik.

Callahan and Brandon can be moved if the offer was right.

Brandon, Callahan, Rozy, Sangs and a 2nd rounder

for

David Booth and Nathan Horton
More or less I agree with this.

The key point you made is, Dubi is no longer a deal-breaker.

BwayBshirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2010, 12:08 PM
KreiMeARiver*
Have Confidence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kind of Blue View Post
A young, homegrown player with upside, who will most likely be a solid second line center in the future, at worst, and who right now is one of the only bright spots on the roster, inconsistency notwithstanding (inconsistency which could be less of an issue if he weren't always playing with different linemates). Yeah, get rid of him immediately...

(By the way, to the OP, using caps lock and misspelling the player's name... not good for your credibility)
shoot me for making a typo, I'm SO SORRY.

KreiMeARiver* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2010, 12:12 PM
94now

If we are to trade all inconsistent players, we could have left with no one.

I suggest we trade some posters. Not to other boards, but to our rivals.

94now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2010, 12:15 PM
KreiMeARiver*
Have Confidence

Quote:
Originally Posted by haveandare View Post
I love how everyone "knows" what dubi is going to be and what his worth is. I'm sure you all know better than the team that drafted him and have been developing him over the past few years. Get a grip, this guy is NOT the problem or even A problem with this team. He's young, he's putting up more points every year and he has guts, which this team lacks.

Lets just make a "trade every single player on the roster" thread and we can squeeze all of this "trade (insert one of the few useful players we have)" talk in there.
Oh you mean the team that drafted Pavel Brendl, Jamie Lundmark, Manny Malhotra, and Hugh Jessiman in the first round? You're right, what was I thinking??

8 years without playoffs yielded a total of 0 first line scorers.

Thanks...

Old
02-11-2010, 12:18 PM
blue2noise

Let me get this straight... One minute I have to read about how this pig Drury should still be captain because he "busts his ass and is a great leader" and that the "stats don't matter.

The next minute people want to trade a young kid that actually does bust his ass, wears his heart on his sleeve and is actually visible on the ice because his stats aren't up to standard?

I wish Drury had the intangibles that Dubi and Cally have.

blue2noise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2010, 12:22 PM
KreiMeARiver*
Have Confidence

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayAreaRanger View Post
The stupidity that goes on with some of our fans is unbelievable.

On a thread on Outsidethegarden's message board, someone was saying that Del Zotto will never amount to anything.

These guys deserve the team from the late 90's, early 00's.
I've been a fan since Kelly Kisio...

We could have traded Dubinsky for Heatly...but everyone cried "don't trade our youth".

How did that work out??

I'm not a proponent of signing garbage ie: Drury and Redden, however I am a proponent of correctly valuing an asset in order to acquire a more valuable asset.

A poster said it best when he said "Dubinsky is no longer a deal-breaker".

The problem is... he never should have been.

Old
02-11-2010, 12:22 PM
Greg02

I think it's a bit hard to properly evaluate Dubinsky's worth as Rangers fans. In the last 15 years or so, we haven't had many homegrown players. It seems like half the people here think he's untouchable because he's home grown, and the other half think he's useless because he's not a first line player. The reality is somewhere in between.

Greg02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2010, 12:24 PM
KreiMeARiver*
Have Confidence

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue2noise View Post
Let me get this straight... One minute I have to read about how this pig Drury should still be captain because he "busts his ass and is a great leader" and that the "stats don't matter.

The next minute people want to trade a young kid that actually does bust his ass, wears his heart on his sleeve and is actually visible on the ice because his stats aren't up to standard?

I wish Drury had the intangibles that Dubi and Cally have.
dude I'm not saying trade him for nothing.....the whole point is I think we can move him for a serious scorer. We are the most impotent offensive team in the league. "Intangibles" aren't cutting it.

Old
02-11-2010, 12:33 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

Unless he is centering Gaborik and Kovalchuk (or what I like to call the Steve Rucchin phenomenon and Rucchin didn't even surpass 70 pts in his time b/t Selanne and Kariya) I think he tops out at 50-60 points a season. won't ever eclipse 30 goals a season. Heck, Steven Rucchin isn't a bad comparison as to what we should expect from his career. He definitely won't suddenly find his game and turn into Brad Richards. At least I don't think he will.

That said, he is what he is. If Anisimov and Stepan really can be our 1,2 like some people think they will be (more likely 1B/2A) then he looks great as the 3rd line center. If his conversion to wing is permanent, then we definitely have more flexibility toward his future. I would keep him unless he's the difference in landing an elite (and signed) player like Heatley or Kovalchuk.

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote