HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Just talked to Mr hockeybuzz, Eklund

Old
02-11-2010, 11:17 AM
RanfordIsGod

vCash: 500
Just talked to Mr hockeybuzz, Eklund

Eklund on his Twitter just posted his cell number and was taking calls. It's over now. I didn't think it was legit so I called it. Got through and talked to him about our Oilers for like five minutes. Real nice guy and had glowing things to say about the Oilers and fans.

He said LA is very much interested in Moreau. He said that he expects a near Philly like rebuild for the Oil. That that is the reason he is playing and brule isn't. They are showcasing.

He for the life of him can't understand the Brule benching he thinks Brule is playng better than Cogs so the must be showcasing AC13.

Also that the Flyers were all talking about how the Oilers are so rediculously fast and they don't quite get how the team is doing so bad.

I asked him Hall or Seguin and he said Hall hands down said he will be better than Tavares. Very Messier like he kept saying.

He doesn't understand Horc said he has great talent and fell in love with his game in the cup run and doesn't understand how he went from there to here gameplay wise. He is optimistic he can turn it around

Lastly on Kovy, he said from one deeply connected to the team they are prepping big time for an offer. Yet another connected source they have no interest.

I know alot of you don't like the guy but he was very nice and cool to talk to.

Unfortunetly when I called him not thinking it was legit I was on the crapper. Awkward.

RanfordIsGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2010, 11:19 AM
I am the Liquor

vCash: 50

I am the Liquor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2010, 11:21 AM
Bryanbryoil
Paying Off A Bet

Quote:
Originally Posted by RanfordIsGod View Post
Eklund on his Twitter just posted his cell number and was taking calls. It's over now. I didn't think it was legit so I called it. Got through and talked to him about our Oilers for like five minutes. Real nice guy and had glowing things to say about the Oilers and fans.

He said LA is very much interested in Moreau. He said that he expects a near Philly like rebuild for the Oil. That that is the reason he is playing and brule isn't. They are showcasing.

He for the life of him can't understand the Brule benching he thinks Brule is playng better than Cogs so the must be showcasing AC13.

Also that the Flyers were all talking about how the Oilers are so rediculously fast and they don't quite get how the team is doing so bad.

I asked him Hall or Seguin and he said Hall hands down said he will be better than Tavares. Very Messier like he kept saying.

He doesn't understand Horc said he has great talent and fell in love with his game in the cup run and doesn't understand how he went from there to here gameplay wise. He is optimistic he can turn it around

Lastly on Kovy, he said from one deeply connected to the team they are prepping big time for an offer. Yet another connected source they have no interest.

Unfortunetly when I called him not thinking it was legit I was on the crapper. Awkward.
Too much info E5.

Bryanbryoil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2010, 11:22 AM
reckless_abandon

Why would he put his cell number on the internet openly. The guy gets trashed enough on message boards, you wouldn't really want to expose yourself to open extensive prank calls also would you?

reckless_abandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2010, 11:23 AM
deanmoriarty

Quote:
It's because they don't skate. Watching them last night immediately after MTL/WAS made it terribly obvious how lazy the Oilers players are.

deanmoriarty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Live Breathe Hockey

Quote:

perfect place to field all the poop he speaks

Live Breathe Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
oil slick
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
A conversation with Eklund on the crapper? The bullsh*t must have really been flying!

oil slick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2010, 11:27 AM
joestevens29

vCash: 427
Brule was sat because he had some bad games and we have too many forwards. We have a rotation going plain and simple.

As for the Philly like rebuild I mentioned this yesterday the only difference is that they could sign UFA's we can't, so we have to rely on the young guys more then philly did. Philly/Avs rebuild?

Why Horcoff has went down hill? Shoulder surgery and nagging shoulder injuries will do that to a guy. No one thought it would be this bad, but it is always a possibilty after surgery.

joestevens29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2010, 11:30 AM
Beerfish

"He doesn't understand Horc said he has great talent and fell in love with his game in the cup run and doesn't understand how he went from there to here gameplay wise. He is optimistic he can turn it around."

I knew Eklund was secretly Kevin Lowe!

Beerfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2010, 11:32 AM
jumptheshark
the burn out

Quote:
Originally Posted by oil slick View Post
A conversation with Eklund on the crapper? The bullsh*t must have really been flying!

Seems to me Crapper and eklund go hand in hand

Heaven wont take me and hell is afraid I'd take 0ver
jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2010, 11:32 AM
OneSharpMarble

Does Eklunds number start with 1-900?

OneSharpMarble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2010, 11:37 AM
myteammytown

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
Does Eklunds number start with 1-900?
1-900-gullible

myteammytown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2010, 11:38 AM
GSC

Eklund is a peckerhead.

GSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2010, 11:41 AM
Matador

I've been wondering myself if a Philly like rebuild is even possible on this team. The Flyers had some good prospects just about to break out, along with an attractive city for free agents and plenty of cap space. The GM was also aggressive and took some risks, which doesn't appear to be Tambellini's M.O. It doesn't seem possible unless Hall comes in and has the best rookie season since Kane.

Matador is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2010, 11:47 AM
joestevens29

vCash: 427
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matador View Post
I've been wondering myself if a Philly like rebuild is even possible on this team. The Flyers had some good prospects just about to break out, along with an attractive city for free agents and plenty of cap space. The GM was also aggressive and took some risks, which doesn't appear to be Tambellini's M.O. It doesn't seem possible unless Hall comes in and has the best rookie season since Kane.
Then you have Colorado who really just was suffering from injuries and poor goaltending. Not saying it will work, but having guys like Gagner and Hemsky taking their game to the next level would be a start.

joestevens29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2010, 11:50 AM
MinnesotaFats

In that entire breakdown of the Oilers, there isnt a single thing that any fool on this board couldnt have either made up or speculated himself.

"Oilers are going to make a pitck to Kovy. But my other source says its false." He's right either way. I can't believe people buy his crap. You're stupider for having even dialed his number.

MinnesotaFats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2010, 11:52 AM
Live Breathe Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matador View Post
If memory serves me right, a big reason why PHI was able to do a quick rebuild is because of the picks/prospects they were able to get for the Zhitnik/Forsberg trades, and the Hartnell/Timonen trade/sign and adding Pronger sure helps a lot

Live Breathe Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2010, 12:05 PM
HFPM

Send a message via MSN to HFPM
So what you're saying is he told you what you wanted to hear.

He's had this schtick for years. You'd better believe he's good at it.

HFPM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2010, 12:09 PM
RanfordIsGod

While I am the first to admit the guy is often wrong, I cant understand how people so vehomently HATE him... he is a hockey fan. A knowledgeable hockey fan who has some incredible sources. He is NO different than most of us on here... for sure. Yet he has designed himself a pulpit to stand on and be heard. He talks hockey and though he and his sources are sometime wrong there are those out there me included that find his site fun. Talk about the what ifs... the same as all of you do. He just gets paid handsomely for it. I often wonder if its a jealousy thing. That he gets paid nicely for what we all do here have fun and talk about our passion. The fact knowing who he is and how he is reviled that he is willing to one on one talk to his "supporters" is I feel ballsy and appreciated.

I will take his E5's over 98% of yours "my friends aunts brother says ..." or your EA Trade "Deslauriers and Pouliot for Price" hypotheticals.
He at least HAS some inside knowledge of the background of things... I've always said... if you dont like him dont read him. But layoff the people that think him and our game we adore is FUN.

RanfordIsGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2010, 12:10 PM
TigerWoo

I appreciate that you took the time to cal him and also took the time to post the thread, but I honestly heard this guy talk on so many canadian radio stations. He sounds so fake.

I actually kind of believed him until I heard him on air.

I give him one credit though. I think he's pretty intelligent. He knows what to say and what not to. He leaves a lot of things open.

A big thing I had a problem with in your post:

He for the life of him can't understand the Brule benching

The guy is a smart businessman.

TigerWoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2010, 12:18 PM
Teddy Peckman

Send a message via MSN to Teddy Peckman
If I post my phone number, will one of you guys call me and make an HF thread about our conversation? I want to feel more important.

Teddy Peckman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2010, 12:19 PM
me123456789

Quote:
While I am the first to admit the guy is often wrong, I cant understand how people so vehomently HATE him... he is a hockey fan. A knowledgeable hockey fan who has some incredible sources. He is NO different than most of us on here... for sure. Yet he has designed himself a pulpit to stand on and be heard. He talks hockey and though he and his sources are sometime wrong there are those out there me included that find his site fun. Talk about the what ifs... the same as all of you do. He just gets paid handsomely for it. I often wonder if its a jealousy thing. That he gets paid nicely for what we all do here have fun and talk about our passion. The fact knowing who he is and how he is reviled that he is willing to one on one talk to his "supporters" is I feel ballsy and appreciated.

I will take his E5's over 98% of yours "my friends aunts brother says ..." or your EA Trade "Deslauriers and Pouliot for Price" hypotheticals.
He at least HAS some inside knowledge of the background of things... I've always said... if you dont like him dont read him. But layoff the people that think him and our game we adore is FUN.
Eklund?

me123456789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2010, 12:32 PM
Hemsky4PM

As important as the draft will be the signing of some bang-for-the-buck free agents.

The Oilers shouldn't bother with Kovalchuk. Honestly.

Purge contracts and roster spots (Moreau, Pisani, Nilsson, O'Sullivan, Souray and Staios) and add character.

I think with Penner, Hemsky, Gagner, Eberle, Brule, MPS, and Hall/Seguin we will be in decent shape 2 years from now from a top end "skill" perspective.

Really, what they should be looking to do is move guys like O'Sullivan and Cogliano this summer for 24-26 year old players with some size who can be effective checkers.

Guys like Boyd Gordon, Greg Campbell, David Clarkson, Dan Paille, Clarke MacArthur, Maxime Lapierre, Justin Abdelkader, Cal Clutterbuck, Jared Boll, Kyle Chipchura...these guys are *** everywhere yet we have squat.

Hemsky4PM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2010, 12:32 PM
ekcut

Send a message via MSN to ekcut
Quote:
Originally Posted by me123456789 View Post
Eklund?
Ha...exactly what i was thinking after reading the 1st post.

Ranfordisgod is eklund!

We have the identity of eklunds secret screen name.

ekcut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2010, 12:35 PM
jumptheshark
the burn out

Quote:

Couple of points

1) eklund is NEVER right--and the times he claims to be right or people say he is right about something--it can be traced to someone else saying it first--he got busted 3 times last year changing his blog to try to prove he had something right first.

2) The amount of time people spend talking about the guy gets

3) I got this from a former TO reporter now assisgned to Europe here--Eklund sources who those who pass for sources are on the player side and not the team side of things.

4) Since the explosion of internet accesibility--rumours and those who are the first to report it are known quicker--example of that was the Kovey trade--while certain media people said it was allan who broke--48hours before Allan posted it --Potvin in NY said it was a done deal and people made it be known who actually said it first.

5) Eklund also suffers from the "done deal" "Confirmation phone call being done"--he sometimes shoots himself in the foot and tries to come off more of an insider then he is---I am trying to find the article that was written two years ago that explains that they Eklund we have now is not the same eklund that reported during the lockout. The Eklund during the lock out was actually 4 or 5 people involved with the players, agents, nhlpa and that Eklund==we have now(as described by one guy involved at that time) was the guy who got sent for coffee and was not involved in much

6) Eklund create rumours for the sake of creating rumours

jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote