Notices

Dallas Stars Claim Brandon Segal from LA Kings

Old
02-24-2011, 10:04 AM
HockeyGambit

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiedisA View Post
He suddenly came to my mind and started wondering, why wasn't he called up during the injury mess at all? Was it even an opportunity after he cleared the waivers? ´Cause he could had help us a lot more than the guys that got the call-up from Austin. With the recent experience he got playing with the Stars, Segal would had been a good add to the team..
He has to go through waivers again I think, and even though he's probably not in the long term plan for the Stars they need bodies on both teams as the Stars keep taking players from the baby stars so they probably don't want to risk the chance of a team putting a claim on him.

HockeyGambit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2011, 11:32 AM
Fly Like a C5

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyGambit View Post
He has to go through waivers again I think, and even though he's probably not in the long term plan for the Stars they need bodies on both teams as the Stars keep taking players from the baby stars so they probably don't want to risk the chance of a team putting a claim on him.
Segal would need to clear re-entry waiver in order to play for Dallas this season. Management was obviously more comfortable calling up players like Gagnon and Wathier than risking Segal being claimed on re-entry waiver and being stuck with half of his salary.

Fly Like a C5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 11:03 PM
bhetz23
G-14 Classified

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stars99Lobo37 View Post
I refuse to believe someone is worse at fighting (or skating/shooting/playing the game of hockey) than Barch.
Donald Brashear.

bhetz23 is offline   Reply With Quote