HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GDT: Maple Leafs @ Flyers|7:00 ET|CSN|CBC (on Center Ice)|ESPN2

Closed Thread

Old
04-26-2004, 05:42 PM
Bob Clarke Fan Club

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersGuy69
oh, ok, so YOU know what's going to happen ey? please.

I don't "pretend" to know anything. it's my opinion you nitwit. have you ever heard of one before?

Read what I quoted FlyersGuy...if you were expressing your opinion maybe you should state that... for those of us that aren't mind readers. Looked like you signed sealed it and delivered it for us. All I said was this series is faaaaar from over. I think most anybody that knows anything about hockey...or anything in general for that matter, would disagree with you. Read what you posted again and it might hit you. I picked 6 games when the series started and I'll stick by that, although that's my opinion.

Old
04-26-2004, 07:08 PM
nordique

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blindside9711
Example 2: Early in Game 2, Mats Sundin goes knee-on-knee with Keith Primeau.
Maybe Bryan Marchment's had more effect on this team than people know... In any case, I believe it's intentional. Leafies, flame away.
You're right...after missing 4 games with a leg/ankle/hip injury, Sundin and his ~75% quality leg was trying to go knee on knee with Primeau, a guy bigger and stronger than he is.

Old
04-26-2004, 07:16 PM
Coburnfan05

Quote:
Originally Posted by nordique
You're right...after missing 4 games with a leg/ankle/hip injury, Sundin and his ~75% quality leg was trying to go knee on knee with Primeau, a guy bigger and stronger than he is.
To be honest I don't think it was intentional.

Old
04-26-2004, 08:19 PM
FlyersGuy69

Send a message via AIM to FlyersGuy69
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Clarke Fan Club
Read what I quoted FlyersGuy...if you were expressing your opinion maybe you should state that... for those of us that aren't mind readers. Looked like you signed sealed it and delivered it for us. All I said was this series is faaaaar from over. I think most anybody that knows anything about hockey...or anything in general for that matter, would disagree with you. Read what you posted again and it might hit you. I picked 6 games when the series started and I'll stick by that, although that's my opinion.
oh christ here we go. well yeah, it's my opinion that the series is over ok genius? I didn't know that everytime I post my opinion, I have to stated that the above entitled is opinion.

and if your trying to say that I don't know anything about hockey because I don't feel that the series is faaaar from over (as you say), your dead wrong. the Flyers are 15-0 when leading a series 2-0. look it up. when the Flyers lose this series then you can tell me "I told ya so". but, I really don't care what you think about my posts or my predictions so piss off.

----------
BTW, I am not trying to insult any Toronto fans by stating (my opinion) that the series is over but I think that the Leafs had to win one of the two games in Philly to have a chance of winning this series. with the success that we have had against Toronto this year in the regular season and the first two games, I don't think there is anyway Toronto wins. the Flyers have yet to play a real good game and lead the series 2-0. that and the way Esche is playing gives me the confidence to say so.

Old
04-26-2004, 09:18 PM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

vCash: 1455
Quote:
Originally Posted by PF
You're comparing Esche to the almighty Zeppelin? Talk about a homer.
Judging by their masks, I'd say Burke is a bigger Zep fan that Esche . I was merely pointing out Esche's brilliance in Game 2 metaphorically.

Old
04-26-2004, 09:51 PM
Bob Clarke Fan Club

[QUOTE=FlyersGuy69]oh christ here we go. well yeah, it's my opinion that the series is over ok genius? I didn't know that everytime I post my opinion, I have to stated that the above entitled is opinion.

and if your trying to say that I don't know anything about hockey because I don't feel that the series is faaaar from over (as you say), your dead wrong. the Flyers are 15-0 when leading a series 2-0. look it up. when the Flyers lose this series then you can tell me "I told ya so". but, I really don't care what you think about my posts or my predictions so piss off.

If you're guaranteeing we beat the Leafs because other Flyers teams have sealed the deal against some other teams years back then ok you're right.
Sorry but you know even less than I could ever give ya credit for. Giving your opinion is fine...learn to do it with a little class and people probably won't call you out for making the odd dumb statement.

Old
04-26-2004, 11:17 PM
Flyerswin5

It's all in the avator

Old
04-27-2004, 02:44 AM
GoneFullHextall
Fire Berube

vCash: 50
random thought. if were gonna insult each othert take it in private, i really dont want to read this crap. yeah im not a mod and it may not be my place to say it, but really guys. chill out.

Old
04-27-2004, 06:55 AM
Flyers26

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarkeMustGoDotCom
random thought. if were gonna insult each othert take it in private, i really dont want to read this crap. yeah im not a mod and it may not be my place to say it, but really guys. chill out.
No problem at all with those comments, CMGDC.
John posted a thread, to keep it clean or bans will follow!

Old
04-27-2004, 09:03 AM
Bob Clarke Fan Club

Apologies to all for cluttering the board but I really don't think what we've been posting is that bad. I have no hard feelings because I had a difference of opinion with another Flyer's fan...happens all the time. Sorry FlyersGuy69 if I made insulting remarks. I should have generalized more...If anyone thinks it's time to stick a fork in the Leafs... go to it, but the more intelligent fans who have seen collapses before will remain cautiously optomistic. The same way we were when we opened against Jersey...we haven't even played a game in TO yet.

Old
04-27-2004, 09:06 AM
Bob Clarke Fan Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiScreamingEagles
Judging by their masks, I'd say Burke is a bigger Zep fan that Esche . I was merely pointing out Esche's brilliance in Game 2 metaphorically.

Esche's a little bit country and Burke's a little bit Rock n Roll.........sorry, think that may have been a Donnie and Marie Osmond quote?

Old
04-27-2004, 10:39 AM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

vCash: 1455
Quote:
Esche's a little bit country and Burke's a little bit Rock n Roll.........sorry, think that may have been a Donnie and Marie Osmond quote?
Yeah, I heard the announcers in a recent game talk about Esche's love of country as evidenced by the figures on his mask (Hank Williams, Jr. I believe is one). Then, Kid Rock's (another on the mask) name was mention and the conversation continued.

Old
04-27-2004, 10:49 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 50
Quote:

Off topic here, but have you or anyone seen Rachel Harris' comment on the Osmonds on 'I Love the 70's: 1976' Classic stuff!! :lol

Stop Feeding the Rumor-Monger

"I wonder if Norstrom has Forsberg's spleen mounted on his wall." - KINGS17

My 50 Favorite Albums of 2014 (sorry it's late)
Old
04-27-2004, 10:53 AM
Blindside9711

Send a message via MSN to Blindside9711
Quote:
Originally Posted by nordique
I think he might have a bit more motivation after that, if anything. He's not 100% obviously and alot of the Toronto Geriatrics are banged up, so what do you do? Try to take out the other team's top checker and emotional leader.

Closed Thread