HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Oilers/Blue Jackets talking trade (Gilbert?)

Old
02-11-2010, 06:47 PM
raab
Where's the Hart?

vCash: 692
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gulvorn View Post
The Jackets owner is only willing to spend about up to 50M so what the cap actually is isn't the point.
Hmm, maybe they'd be interested in O'sullivan his cap hit is higher then his actual salary.

raab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2010, 06:52 PM
Chayos

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PenzOil View Post
Howson isnt dumb enough to trade away Voracek for anything less then Gagner+ or Hemsky.
Ideally Filatov + Tyutin for Gilbert + O'Sullivan\Nilsson
I actually think they may value Voracek highly for sure, but he hasn't put up th kind of numbers to be worth Gagner+ or hemsky. He is a good player, but he was drafted after Gagner and has put up lower numbers.

The offer breaks down like this.

Voracek > Cogliano
Gilbert > methot

The likleyhood that Columbus moves a potential superstar in Filitov is quite low imo, especially sine they just fired the coach that drove Filatov to russia.

Chayos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2010, 06:53 PM
JonQuixote

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenzOil View Post
Howson isnt dumb enough to trade away Voracek for anything less then Gagner+
Gagner + for Voracek?? What's the plus for? Two players of more similar value I could not identify, short of the clones in Vancouver.

JonQuixote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2010, 08:43 PM
Fourier

Quote:
Originally Posted by raab View Post
Hmm, maybe they'd be interested in O'sullivan his cap hit is higher then his actual salary.
You make a good point. For a team with cap space and a budget, O'Sullivan is very good value at $2.38M.

Fourier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2010, 08:45 PM
TigerWoo

Drug Howson.

1 penny and I'll be happy.

TigerWoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2010, 09:01 PM
nullmeatbag

If we do a Gilbert for Tyutin type deal, we could ice a D corps of two Russians, two Czechoslovakians, and two Canadians:

Smid - Lubo
Grebeshkov - Tyutin
Souray - Staois

nullmeatbag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2010, 09:06 PM
Lessy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwave View Post
I'd be willing to do

Filatov + Commodore

for

Cogliano + Gilbert

That's two roster players who can contribute right away and are young enough to work into their long term plans.

Though those injury issues for Commodore are a big risk. He'd be a big step in changing the culture of the locker room though IMO.
I like it but I still don't think we're giving quite enough. Even though Filatov's stock is probably at its lowest because he isn't in NA he's still a top 5 pick from not too long ago. Commodore in there makes a ton of sense. I doubt the Jackets are overly keen on him given that contract and his injury issues but he would be a definite upgrade on Gilbert in the sense that he plays with physicality and grit, something we need while CBJ gets their RH puck mover. I'd add our 2nd which is essentially going to be the 31st pick of the draft to that package and we're probably closer.

Penner, Gagner, Seguin/Hall, Eberle, MPS, Hemsky, Filatov would be an outstanding core of young forwards to build this team around. The question is whether Columbus would be willing to move him.

Lessy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2010, 09:19 PM
Rafters

wonder if Howsen would move Brassard......has struggled a lot this year, was off to a great start last year before the shoulder injuries...... could be a very effective player when healthy and recently signed an extension starting next yr at a 3.2 cap hit for 4 yrs

Rafters is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2010, 09:24 PM
raab
Where's the Hart?

vCash: 692
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafters View Post
wonder if Howsen would move Brassard......has struggled a lot this year, was off to a great start last year before the shoulder injuries...... could be a very effective player when healthy and recently signed an extension starting next yr at a 3.2 cap hit for 4 yrs
That's what I was thinking to but the posters on this board with their infinite wisdom shot it down.

raab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2010, 09:27 PM
TigerWoo

Take the bum for a 7th rounder and I will have a party

TigerWoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2010, 09:37 PM
Jmask83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lessy View Post
I like it but I still don't think we're giving quite enough. Even though Filatov's stock is probably at its lowest because he isn't in NA he's still a top 5 pick from not too long ago. Commodore in there makes a ton of sense. I doubt the Jackets are overly keen on him given that contract and his injury issues but he would be a definite upgrade on Gilbert in the sense that he plays with physicality and grit, something we need while CBJ gets their RH puck mover. I'd add our 2nd which is essentially going to be the 31st pick of the draft to that package and we're probably closer.

Penner, Gagner, Seguin/Hall, Eberle, MPS, Hemsky, Filatov would be an outstanding core of young forwards to build this team around. The question is whether Columbus would be willing to move him.
Yes but Omark is a pretty good consilation prize if we can't get get him. I know a lot of people on here only know him from the youtube clips but I just can't wait until everyone sees this guy play. I have watched a lot of his games lately and think he could be one of those real diamond in the rough players. Based on what I have seen if Eberle, MPS, Hall, and Omark broke into the league at the same time I would think Omark would have the most points between them after 1 season. Depending on his linemates of course hopefully he doesn't get the Cogliano treatment. The best part though is that he does most of his scoring 5 on 5 with only 7 of his 20 goals on the PP. Something we really need.

Jmask83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2010, 09:57 PM
Boilers*

Howson is a smart cookie, probably targeting Potulny for a pick.

Boilers* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2010, 10:34 PM
Petro Points

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonQuixote View Post
Gagner + for Voracek?? What's the plus for? Two players of more similar value I could not identify, short of the clones in Vancouver.
just making a point... voracek to cbj is worth pretty much the same as gagner to us... no way they trade him unless its an overpayment... gagner+ would be just that

Petro Points is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2010, 11:07 PM
KarmaPolice
No Hope...

vCash: 50
Send a message via MSN to KarmaPolice
Voracek and/or Filatov, please.

Gilbert still has quite a bit of value, and so does a guy like Cogs. We can afford to trade an Omark and a draft pick or two. Ah, one can dream.

KarmaPolice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2010, 11:24 PM
Jmask83

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarmaPolice View Post
Voracek and/or Filatov, please.

Gilbert still has quite a bit of value, and so does a guy like Cogs. We can afford to trade an Omark and a draft pick or two. Ah, one can dream.
No we can't. Let's see what he's got. Aren't you the least bit curious?

Jmask83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2010, 11:34 PM
KarmaPolice
No Hope...

vCash: 50
Send a message via MSN to KarmaPolice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmask83 View Post
No we can't. Let's see what he's got. Aren't you the least bit curious?
I think he's definitely a player. His moves and shot from the hashmarks to the net are A+. I'm convinced he'll be great in the NHL. I just think a guy like Filatov has a higher ceiling--and when you have guys in the pipeline like MPS, Eberle, and probably Hall/Seguin, Lander, perhaps Cornet, I think you pull this trade if you can.

KarmaPolice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2010, 01:00 AM
nexttothemoon
The Drive for Nine

I think a player like Gilbert obviously has a far higher value among other NHL GMs than he does with disillusioned Oiler fans. He's still got the rep of being a quality young dman with good offensive abilities. People who watch him play every game this year are looking at him pretty pessimistically and seeing him as a 4th or 5th dman at best but I think there is still the belief that he's a potential #2 or #3 dman if he rebounds from this craptacular year and lives up to the potential he showed in previous seasons.

He is worth a top 6 forward straight up and is worth a high draft pick from a contending team looking for a dman that's not just going to be a rental.

nexttothemoon is offline   Reply With Quote