HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

pk Game #4 - Thrash @ Wild

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-13-2010, 08:11 AM
  #176
Basement Cat
RIP Loko
 
Basement Cat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: USA!!!
Country: Poland
Posts: 10,631
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madden to Pandolfo View Post
I shed manly tears when Bergie left. I hate Kovalchuk and Lemaire.

Salmela-Oduya is a fine deal though.
whaaaat?

Basement Cat is offline  
Old
02-13-2010, 09:06 AM
  #177
headsigh
leave at once!
 
headsigh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Atlanta
Country: Isle of Man
Posts: 9,868
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by redbeard7737 View Post
I wish I could watch some Thrashers games, but they are never televised in Canada...I have a question regarding Bogosian...he had an unbelievable start last season and again to the start of this season...what has happened since November or December? Did he overachieve or was he put in better situations than he is now? I have him in my pool and I was so excited to get him that I moved some good players to get him...now he has 1 point in I don't know how long since I got him!! I don't care about my pool, but I expected more out of him and I am curious what has been happening with him...thanks in advance.

He's just having young player up-and-downs. He's only like 19.

headsigh is offline  
Old
02-13-2010, 09:28 AM
  #178
ThrasherMinion
Just Chucky
 
ThrasherMinion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Country: Lord Howe Island
Posts: 4,255
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangethrasher View Post
Watching the replay, and I honestly cannot figure out why Armstrong was called for that slash as he carried the puck in (first period, about halfway through). This is not just me complaining about the refs... I seriously don't see the penalty.

Army intercepted a pass, skated it to the wall, and the Wild player was next to him and dropped his stick. Army's stick was on the ice (with the puck). How could that be slashing?

I'm seriously asking, if anybody knows.
It wasn't Army's penalty. McConnell said it was and he's a dork.
It was Slater being Slater. Third game in a row with an offensive end penalty for him.


Otherwise, great game by the team. Only one real lapse and it led to the 2nd Minny goal. The boys stood up to Boogard and Nolan's cheap stuff and worked hard all over the ice.

ThrasherMinion is offline  
Old
02-13-2010, 10:15 AM
  #179
Basement Cat
RIP Loko
 
Basement Cat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: USA!!!
Country: Poland
Posts: 10,631
vCash: 500
With the recent surge by Bergie, I really hope that he wins the Calder or atleast gets some consideration.

Basement Cat is offline  
Old
02-13-2010, 10:51 AM
  #180
Aaronxxx
Registered User
 
Aaronxxx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: atlanta
Posts: 1,252
vCash: 500
he should at least get some consideration. he currently leads rookies for game winning goals

Aaronxxx is offline  
Old
02-13-2010, 11:27 AM
  #181
ThrasherMinion
Just Chucky
 
ThrasherMinion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Country: Lord Howe Island
Posts: 4,255
vCash: 500
Tyler Myers and Matt Duschene will be the top two Calder considerations but I kinda like having this:

Kane - 18 yrs. old
Bogosian - 19
Kulda - 22
Pavelec - 23
Bergfors - 23
Valabik - 24
Enstrom - 26

And in the on-deck circle:

Cormier
Morin
Klingberg
O'Dell
Vishenevskiy
Mannino

These guys will be NHL'ers, not pretenders like Krog and Sterling.

ThrasherMinion is offline  
Old
02-13-2010, 11:58 AM
  #182
AintLifeGrand
Registered User
 
AintLifeGrand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Thrasherville, GA
Country: Tibet
Posts: 2,612
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucky17 View Post
Tyler Myers and Matt Duschene will be the top two Calder considerations but I kinda like having this:

Kane - 18 yrs. old
Bogosian - 19
Kulda - 22
Pavelec - 23
Bergfors - 23
Valabik - 24
Enstrom - 26

And in the on-deck circle:

Cormier
Morin
Klingberg
O'Dell
Vishenevskiy
Mannino

These guys will be NHL'ers, not pretenders like Krog and Sterling.
5 years out??

Kane--- -----
Bergfors-O'dell-Morin
Klingberg-Peverley-Leveille
Slater-Cormier-Machachek

Bogo-Enstrom
IV-Postma
Kulda-Valabik

AintLifeGrand is offline  
Old
02-13-2010, 03:30 PM
  #183
Rhodes 81
grit those teeth
 
Rhodes 81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Atlanta
Country: United States
Posts: 12,189
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by redbeard7737 View Post
I wish I could watch some Thrashers games, but they are never televised in Canada...I have a question regarding Bogosian...he had an unbelievable start last season and again to the start of this season...what has happened since November or December? Did he overachieve or was he put in better situations than he is now? I have him in my pool and I was so excited to get him that I moved some good players to get him...now he has 1 point in I don't know how long since I got him!! I don't care about my pool, but I expected more out of him and I am curious what has been happening with him...thanks in advance.
well you should never have taken a thrashers d-man besides enstrom for a fantasy team. kovalchuk plays the full two minutes of powerplay all the time so unless you're enstrom it was impossible to rack up points. he's had a really rough season. it doesn't help that he has been playing with hainsey until last week and ron tends to be a puck hog sometimes.

Rhodes 81 is offline  
Old
02-13-2010, 03:32 PM
  #184
Rhodes 81
grit those teeth
 
Rhodes 81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Atlanta
Country: United States
Posts: 12,189
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucky17 View Post
Tyler Myers and Matt Duschene will be the top two Calder considerations but I kinda like having this:

Kane - 18 yrs. old
Bogosian - 19
Kulda - 22
Pavelec - 23
Bergfors - 23
Valabik - 24
Enstrom - 26

And in the on-deck circle:

Cormier
Morin
Klingberg
O'Dell
Vishenevskiy
Mannino

These guys will be NHL'ers, not pretenders like Krog and Sterling.
isn't he like 25?

don't forget about machacek, holzepfel, and postma

Rhodes 81 is offline  
Old
02-13-2010, 03:33 PM
  #185
Rhodes 81
grit those teeth
 
Rhodes 81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Atlanta
Country: United States
Posts: 12,189
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucky17 View Post
It wasn't Army's penalty. McConnell said it was and he's a dork.
It was Slater being Slater. Third game in a row with an offensive end penalty for him.


Otherwise, great game by the team. Only one real lapse and it led to the 2nd Minny goal. The boys stood up to Boogard and Nolan's cheap stuff and worked hard all over the ice.
there was a ridiculous number of phantom penalties called on both teams last night though. officiating was crap.

Rhodes 81 is offline  
Old
02-13-2010, 03:41 PM
  #186
John Cena*
12x WWE CHAMPION!!!!
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba
Country: United States
Posts: 11,527
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucky17 View Post
Tyler Myers and Matt Duschene will be the top two Calder considerations but I kinda like having this:

Kane - 18 yrs. old
Bogosian - 19
Kulda - 22
Pavelec - 23
Bergfors - 23
Valabik - 24
Enstrom - 26

And in the on-deck circle:

Cormier
Morin
Klingberg
O'Dell
Vishenevskiy
Mannino

These guys will be NHL'ers, not pretenders like Krog and Sterling.
... right just leave out Bryan Little and he is only 22 too.

Valabik nor Pavelec deserve to be on the list.

the 6 guys: Enstrom, Bogosian, Bergfors, Kane, Little, Kulda..... with on deck circle maybes.

John Cena* is offline  
Old
02-13-2010, 03:42 PM
  #187
John Cena*
12x WWE CHAMPION!!!!
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba
Country: United States
Posts: 11,527
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AintLifeGrand View Post
5 years out??

Kane--- -----
Bergfors-O'dell-Morin
Klingberg-Peverley-Leveille
Slater-Cormier-Machachek

Bogo-Enstrom
IV-Postma
Kulda-Valabik
this lineup is worse.

Yet again, no Little.

John Cena* is offline  
Old
02-13-2010, 05:00 PM
  #188
Rhodes 81
grit those teeth
 
Rhodes 81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Atlanta
Country: United States
Posts: 12,189
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AintLifeGrand View Post
5 years out??

Kane--- -----
Bergfors-O'dell-Morin
Klingberg-Peverley-Leveille
Slater-Cormier-Machachek

Bogo-Enstrom
IV-Postma
Kulda-Valabik
holy 5 forwards batman!!

bergfors is a RW normally IIRC maybe little get's switched back to center

Kane-little-bergfors
o'dell/peverley-o'dell/peverley-morin
klingberg-cormier-machacek
?-holzepfel-?

bogo-enstrom
kulda-vishnevskiy
valabik-postma

obviously this assumes everyone meets their potential, which is about as likely of happening as me waking up next to megan fox tomorrow.

Rhodes 81 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:58 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.