HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The 'Hey I'm (sorta) Famous' thread

Old
02-13-2010, 05:27 PM
Rowdy Roddy Peeper
You Suck McBain!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FDBluth View Post
My friend is cousins with Patrick Marleau and he doesn't even like hockey. I would take advantage of that to the fullest, but he doesn't even care.
That sucks. You know he has lots of time every spring to sign stuff, too.

Rowdy Roddy Peeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2010, 06:06 PM
Erz8771

vCash: 100
I once played on a line with Guy Lafleur. It was a charity hockey game in my small town. Marcel Dion, Gaston Gringras, Peter Mahovlich, Gary Leeman, Steve Shutt also played. There was about 10 of them all toghter and 10 junior players like myself. Experience of a lifetime. We even had beers in the dressing room, before, during and after, Guy Lafleur borrowed my lighter a few times aswell. Hes a heavy smoker.

Erz8771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2010, 06:21 PM
TheReaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Champagne Wishes View Post
Just to continue the inanity...

Being from the Canadian prairies, it was likely that I was going to have some kind of connection to NHLers, and I do know a couple checking line guys: Troy Bodie and Arron Asham.

Went to junior high with Asham (he was a dink back then, and we had a couple dust-ups...once in a locker room and another playing broomball at the local rink), and I worked with Bodie at McDonalds - couldn't meet a nicer guy.
Does that mean you think he's a nice guy now?
Dink means a tool/idiot right? Unknown slang to me.

TheReaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2010, 06:39 PM
Rowdy Roddy Peeper
You Suck McBain!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReaper View Post
Does that mean you think he's a nice guy now?
The only time I see him now is a very rare run-in (not a fight, just a "hey, what's up" sort of thing) at the local bar. Not a great sample size to know whether he's changed or not, but it'd be pretty juvenile to just assume he hadn't changed at all since junior high. Most people do.

Quote:
Dink means a tool/idiot right? Unknown slang to me.
Yep. You're really never heard that before?

Old
02-13-2010, 06:59 PM
Lemieuxfan

Send a message via ICQ to Lemieuxfan
Quote:
Originally Posted by invictus View Post
OT from the OT thread, but props to you for learning English. I'm about a month in to my first semester of French ever. I have a lot of respect for people that can handle learning a 2nd (or 3rd, etc...) language. It is a ***** so far.
since your on the board for about 4 years, I assume, that you have read some of my posts. a compliment like this really means much to me, thank you very much.

I know my english is far away from perfect, and I don't really try hard to improve it (because I don't need it atm//study german law), but I think that I might have improved by watching the games, posting and reading here.

btw. I had much problems with french, because I never really liked the language. I went there like 10 times, and I like it there, but the language is just not mine. I think that the frech (and canadian?) talk damn fast. I mean it is an interlectual accomplishment, but I think it is hard to follow, if you are not use to it.

I had a g/f who's parents were french, and she even spoke so fast german, that I had really big problems to follow her from time to time, just insane.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDBluth View Post
My friend is cousins with Patrick Marleau and he doesn't even like hockey. I would take advantage of that to the fullest, but he doesn't even care.
I was in France like 5 years ago, to visit a "friend" - I mean I got to know him via school, and he we liked each other so we met a few times more. anyway, I visited him, and a cousin or somebody else from his family (don't remember) came there, with his parents, and we talked about hobbies and so on, and I said, that I love hockey, and he said, that his cousin was Simon Gagne. not sure, if that was the case, at least he claimed it.since he did not know any other players form the team (which was Ottawa by the time) it might have been true.

but I never saw him again, and also did never met Gagne so might also have been bs....

Lemieuxfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2010, 07:16 PM
JTG

Me and RJ Umberger shared a power skating coach.

JTG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2010, 07:25 PM
lastcupever75
NY Roadkill

Quote:
The only time I see him now is a very rare run-in (not a fight, just a "hey, what's up" sort of thing) ?
more importantly, how did the "dust ups" turn out

lastcupever75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2010, 07:31 PM
The Old Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTG32005 View Post
Me and RJ Umberger shared a power skating coach.
i played many games against his daddy.

The Old Master is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2010, 07:32 PM
Rowdy Roddy Peeper
You Suck McBain!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lastcupever75 View Post
more importantly, how did the "dust ups" turn out
The change room bit was really just a bit of him getting in my face and me pushing him off. At the rink we had about the closest thing you can get to a hockey fight, and it was a draw. Took a couple punches, pinned him against the glass and got a couple in myself, got broken up.

I'm not much of a fisticuffs guy, but I always had superb balance.

Old
02-13-2010, 07:33 PM
Lemieuxfan

btw. I don't see this thread as a "can anybody top that" thread..I just enjoy reading what happened to everbody..

I just remembered some stories.

in cologne is a discoteque called, Nachtflug ( if you want to go there, you better wear a chemise (jacket prefered), a good jeans and good shoes), it is the best one, and if a soccer team plays in the city, and wants to celebrate, they most likley go there...I saw like half of the team from cologne there, and also many guys from nearly located clubs...

anyway, I'm a huge fan of the german soccer team FC Bayern München (Munich)
but a guy called Marcel Jansen is my all time favorite. when he was traded to Munich, I went crazy (jeah..they were so great to trade him away agan, and now he plays his all time best..great move)..

he is also german international.
So one evening I went to the Nachtflug, and Germany had a friendly two days later in Duesseldorf (like 50km aways I guess)..and I saw Jansen there (who was healthy scratch)...

just my bad I just saw him like 5 min bevore I wanted to go..I was at the gaderobe, and wanted to get my jacket. when I saw him I was like..wwwhoooww really...
and my former g/f who was there with me begged me so badly to go that I did so. I really regretted it, that I didn't ask him for a talk or a drink (no I'm not gay )..

and the worst thing was ( I really wonder why I was with this girl I was at the time), when I drove home (in cologne you can
't drive left, you need to drive right and right again (and there are u turns all 2-3 killometers). I needed to drive left, but couldn't. she said, just turn around...I did so, and then a police car came my way. heck my licence would have been gone, if I was stopped. I got so damn lucky..and I would never do that again.true story ..

Old
02-13-2010, 07:37 PM
lastcupever75
NY Roadkill

Quote:
The change room bit was really just a bit of him getting in my face and me pushing him off. At the rink we had about the closest thing you can get to a hockey fight, and it was a draw. Took a couple punches, pinned him against the glass and got a couple in myself, got broken up.

nice

looking at him, he does look an ass

lastcupever75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2010, 07:38 PM
JTG

Quote:

BGL...is that you?

JTG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2010, 07:43 PM
Rowdy Roddy Peeper
You Suck McBain!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTG32005 View Post
BGL...is that you?

Old
02-13-2010, 08:46 PM
BrOrpik 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Barr View Post
I saw handball on TV when I was in Germany a few years ago. It looked AWESOME.
Handball (known as handboll) is actually pretty boring to be honest!

BrOrpik 44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2010, 09:24 PM
dekem

My best friend got pushed through Johnny Bower's millkbox (my friend was very small)when Johnny locked himself out of the house.

dekem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2010, 11:38 PM
LeTANGled58

http://penguins.nhl.tv/team/console.jsp?catid=1 type in adult skills clinic

im at the 1:21 mark(farthest goalie from the screen) and again at 1:43

yeah my balance is pretty sick

LeTANGled58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2010, 12:04 AM
Silas Robertson
Hey, all in. Jack.

I've had dinner with Lanny Fratare and John Wehner. Also, my younger brother and my dad played a round of golf with Greg Brown and Steve Blass down at Spring Training.

When I was in little league, I threw a no-hitter, and Dave Littlefield gave me an autographed picture that said "Congrats on your no-hitter. We'll be keeping an eye on you." Unfortunately, I haven't heard back from him since.

There are a few others, but that's enough for now.

Silas Robertson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2010, 12:27 AM
You Me and Dupuis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemieuxfan View Post
btw. I don't see this thread as a "can anybody top that" thread..I just enjoy reading what happened to everbody..
Ich habe ein Bayern München Jersey. Ich habe Fußball für am meisten von meinem Leben gespielt. Ich möchte Deutschland irgendwann besuchen.

haha I only know a little but I hear Germany is great. Here in State College there is a small family owned austrian bistro where they speak German to you and everything. I try to go there with some of my friends every so often.

You Me and Dupuis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2010, 12:31 AM
mdhockey24

I got my picture taken with Tom Fitzgerald at the RMU hockey game tonight. That totally makes me famous.

mdhockey24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2010, 09:49 AM
Lemieuxfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by You Me and Dupuis View Post
Ich habe ein Bayern München Jersey. Ich habe Fußball für am meisten von meinem Leben gespielt. Ich möchte Deutschland irgendwann besuchen.

haha I only know a little but I hear Germany is great. Here in State College there is a small family owned austrian bistro where they speak German to you and everything. I try to go there with some of my friends every so often.

43 million of the americans(googled it ) have german ancestors, so there should be many people who go there ...

I would say that Germany is great, but the language is very difficult..

I see that your from Italia, and if you own a Munich jersey, you should - if you have the time - watch the championsleague game at wednesday, Florenz@Munich (Championsleague eighth final, first leg. the game will start at 2:45am eastern time. Munich might be one of the top 5 clubs in the world, atm. they won the last 9 games in the league and the last 14 or so overall (no draws). should be fun to watch.

btw. what name/number do you have on your jersey?..

I think about getting a new one with #17 Van Bommeln (absolutley love that guy, hard playing - always close to a red card, does everything for the team - he plays the way, I try to play, if I do (and I also did so, bevore I knew him ) - and when I play hockey I also have always had the 17, so it seems to be the obvious chioce.

Old
02-14-2010, 10:14 AM
Bash3r

Quote:
I saw handball on TV when I was in Germany a few years ago. It looked AWESOME.
It is awesome. A sport for real men i tell you, the problem is that there is no money in the sport so you really can't live on it.

Bash3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2010, 10:32 AM
td_ice
Peter shows the way

My buddy text me last night that he saw Ray Shero yesterday at Robinson Market District. I had to laugh, thinking about this thread as I was reading the text.

td_ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2010, 10:55 AM
invictus

Quote:
Originally Posted by td_ice View Post
My buddy text me last night that he saw Ray Shero yesterday at Robinson Market District. I had to laugh, thinking about this thread as I was reading the text.
That's awesome.

invictus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2010, 12:06 PM
Dan Barr

Quote:
Originally Posted by td_ice View Post
I saw him at the Outback in Upper St. Clair like a year and a half ago. Here's the picture:

Dan Barr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2010, 12:11 PM
td_ice
Peter shows the way

Quote:
I saw him at the Outback in Upper St. Clair like a year and a half ago. Here's the picture:

FWIW, my buddy said that he looks taller and younger in person.

td_ice is offline   Reply With Quote