HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs VS Lightning - Game Two - 25/04

Closed Thread

Old
04-26-2004, 01:02 AM
KOMO_ROCKS

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to KOMO_ROCKS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catala
Ryder is good. Put me between kariya and hejduk and i'll look good...

Sorry there, but Ribs is playing so so in the series, like it or not.
I agree, I have found Ribs to be very average in the playoffs.....in fact even Perreault has looked better in my mind

Old
04-26-2004, 01:28 AM
Rschmitz

Some players just dissappear in the playoffs. For instance Brad Richards has only had one game vs the Islanders where he got points. Hes the Lightning version of Ribeiro.

Old
04-26-2004, 01:31 AM
Rschmitz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs_Apostle
Listen. Habs fans are down and demoralized and I don't think it shows a great deal of class for you to come over here and rub our noses in it. You have a great team. They have played very well. You have every reason to be proud.

Follow the conversation back, its not a case of ingraining salt into wounds. Its hockey discussion, questioning the intent of Markov isn't being classless IMO. Clashing perspectives is what makes being a fan so enjoyable.

Old
04-26-2004, 04:01 AM
Bolthed

A lot of you have mentioned the strategy of trying to "shut down" Lecavalier and St. Louis ... don't you think they've been doing that already? And some of you are suggesting wholesale changes to Montreal's system. That never happens in the playoffs. No team abandons their system. There are adjustments, sure, but you live or you die with your style.

As a Lightning fan, I have to say these playoffs could not be going any better. Started with a tight-checking series against the Isles and then advanced to a more open skating style vs. the Habs. This is exactly what the Lightning wanted - some more space to skate and be creative.

It won't be this easy to win in Montreal, but I believe the Bolts will play like they did in the third period on Sunday ... conservatively controlling the play, shutting down the middle of the ice, being patient and pouncing on turnovers.

It may already be too late for Les Habitants.

Old
04-26-2004, 11:05 AM
Gros Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolthed

It may already be too late for Les Habitants.
Yeah, right. Let's forget about that whole 4 of 7 routine, and make it a best of 3. That way, you'd be right.

Old
04-26-2004, 11:24 AM
BBR

Quote:
Ryder is good. Put me between kariya and hejduk and i'll look good...

Sorry there, but Ribs is playing so so in the series, like it or not.
Ribs maybe not playing is best hockey but what your saying is Ryder is good in these series he and alot of chance but didn't score.
Did i ask for Hejduk or Kayia Ryder is good player but not in the same cattegorie
as Hej and KA .
I didn't ask for super star i said player that can score Ryder is 1 but is in a cold streak we need 1 more this series it s hard to juge him whene you have
Dag on your line put Dag in place of Kovy and that line whould have
half the point or worse. Playing rookies and 1 ahl player in the same line in the series what should we expect Ryder and Ribs will learn from this if they can find them a good winger 20 to 25g whit grit decent passing they will be very good.

Old
04-26-2004, 05:07 PM
HF-Addict

Too bad Tampa Fans aren't as harsh in their comments as the Bruins, they are more subtle, we would have a reason to ban them out of our board

They just are getting me pissed telling me the Habs sucked and they will be swept or so. :mad:

Old
04-26-2004, 05:19 PM
loudi94
Master of my Domain

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by HF-Addict
Too bad Tampa Fans aren't as harsh in their comments as the Bruins, they are more subtle, we would have a reason to ban them out of our board

They just are getting me pissed telling me the Habs sucked and they will be swept or so. :mad:
I don't think they're being very subtle at all. The Bruins fans were smart enough not to gloat when ahead because they've been bitten before. Turned out they were smart in doing so. These guys, not so much.

Old
04-26-2004, 05:34 PM
Catala

Send a message via MSN to Catala
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBR
Ribs maybe not playing is best hockey but what your saying is Ryder is good in these series he and alot of chance but didn't score.
Did i ask for Hejduk or Kayia Ryder is good player but not in the same cattegorie
as Hej and KA .
I didn't ask for super star i said player that can score Ryder is 1 but is in a cold streak we need 1 more this series it s hard to juge him whene you have
Dag on your line put Dag in place of Kovy and that line whould have
half the point or worse. Playing rookies and 1 ahl player in the same line in the series what should we expect Ryder and Ribs will learn from this if they can find them a good winger 20 to 25g whit grit decent passing they will be very good.
Painfull read.

But ANY player can be on a cold streak. U said ribs didn't have 2 good wings. he has one, can't get it started. I restate that Ribs is playing so so and it shows.

I like Ribs talent but disagree entirely on what you are saying. If you knew Ribs and Dagenais in the Juniors, you would understand that is the only reason Dagenais is still there. They are trying to do everything to help Ribs. He just can't take off. I didn't find excuses when Theo was playing bad in the first games of the Bruins series. Be objective and don't find excuses for Ribs. He has to step it up. Game 2 of the Tampa series was better. Let's see if it continues crescendo.

Last edited by Catala: 04-26-2004 at 05:37 PM.
Old
04-26-2004, 05:39 PM
Hockeyfan02

Quote:
Originally Posted by loudi94
I don't think they're being very subtle at all. The Bruins fans were smart enough not to gloat when ahead because they've been bitten before. Turned out they were smart in doing so. These guys, not so much.
Dont lump us all into a bunch please. Lightning have dominated but in no way do I think this series is over or will end in 4. I feel better about the Lightning chances after the first two games but am not confident to pencil them in to the next round. The only Hab who has brought a consistant effort is Theodore and he can't score goals. Khabibulin has completely floored me as how he has played in this post season as he was very shaky in the postseason, like Lalime for Ottawa but unlike Lalime has stepped his game up to another level. I think the Candians will come out energized for game 3 but if they cant get anything past Khabibulin its not going to matter. The Habs defense that was supposed to be better than the Lightning defense has looked shaky and cant stop the Lecavalier-St Louis combo while the Lightning defense has looked very good in this series especially the Kubina-Sydor combo which has managed to contain the Koivu line which has been a big key to this series. The Lightning top line is getting the job done and the Habs top line is not. Hopefully Boyle is ok for game 3 because Lightning fans are cringing at th e thought of Neckar playing or seeing Darren Rumble in an NHL playoff game. Good luck in the rest of the series.

Old
04-26-2004, 05:49 PM
loudi94
Master of my Domain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyfan02
Dont lump us all into a bunch please. Lightning have dominated but in no way do I think this series is over or will end in 4. I feel better about the Lightning chances after the first two games but am not confident to pencil them in to the next round.

My apologies. No more lumping.

Old
04-26-2004, 07:27 PM
BBR

Quote:
Painfull read.

But ANY player can be on a cold streak. U said ribs didn't have 2 good wings. he has one, can't get it started. I restate that Ribs is playing so so and it shows.

I like Ribs talent but disagree entirely on what you are saying. If you knew Ribs and Dagenais in the Juniors, you would understand that is the only reason Dagenais is still there. They are trying to do everything to help Ribs. He just can't take off. I didn't find excuses when Theo was playing bad in the first games of the Bruins series. Be objective and don't find excuses for Ribs. He has to step it up. Game 2 of the Tampa series was better. Let's see if it continues crescendo.
Tell me what you expect from Ribs i realy want to now i like other opinion to compare whit me if you a better analyse sometime that how you learn or reanalyse
give you new pospective thank.

And you say can't get it started when Zed was on a cold streak Koivu did pass to Zed but nothing happened last part of the saison was a good exemple they ad
bad stats.
When they put Yannic whit them it work for 2or 3 games.
But Ribs could give more effort that i agree but it wont change that munch if you stop Ribs, Ryder alone if they stop Ryder,its Ribs that is alone.

Old
04-26-2004, 09:49 PM
Catala

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBR
Tell me what you expect from Ribs i realy want to now i like other opinion to compare whit me if you a better analyse sometime that how you learn or reanalyse
give you new pospective thank.

And you say can't get it started when Zed was on a cold streak Koivu did pass to Zed but nothing happened last part of the saison was a good exemple they ad
bad stats.
When they put Yannic whit them it work for 2or 3 games.
But Ribs could give more effort that i agree but it wont change that munch if you stop Ribs, Ryder alone if they stop Ryder,its Ribs that is alone.
Sorry there... i didn't get much of what u were trying to say. I gave my opinion about Ribs allready on another thread.

Old
04-26-2004, 09:58 PM
chicpea*

Quote:
The Bruins fans were smart enough not to gloat when ahead because they've been bitten before.
Are you kidding? Some of them were brutal. Remember this:
"blah blah oscar, blah blah dive, blah Boston rox, "

God, it killed me

Old
04-26-2004, 10:18 PM
loudi94
Master of my Domain

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicpea
Are you kidding? Some of them were brutal. Remember this:
"blah blah oscar, blah blah dive, blah Boston rox, "

God, it killed me
Aside from the "diving" criticisms (which let's be honest we would have done if it was the other way around) they didn't come on the Habs game thread after the game and wax poetic about how much better their team was compared to ours.

Old
04-26-2004, 10:48 PM
HF-Addict

Quote:
they didn't come on the Habs game thread after the game and was poetic about how much better their team was compared to ours.
That's EXACTLY what I meant.

I don't want to know your team is superior, and blablablabla, right after a loss. I don't remember Boston doing that, it was more crude...like Habs sux, habs are divers, Boston rulz. It seemed that Tampa Trolls adapt a new annoying/subtle (not crude like Boston) style =/

I like the Underline and the Bold =]

Last edited by HF-Addict: 04-26-2004 at 10:51 PM.
Old
04-26-2004, 11:04 PM
joeminus

Send a message via AIM to joeminus Send a message via Yahoo to joeminus
Quote:
Originally Posted by HF-Addict
That's EXACTLY what I meant.

I don't want to know your team is superior, and blablablabla, right after a loss. I don't remember Boston doing that, it was more crude...like Habs sux, habs are divers, Boston rulz. It seemed that Tampa Trolls adapt a new annoying/subtle (not crude like Boston) style =/

I like the Underline and the Bold =]
So you'd prefer it if we were unsophisticated trolls making monosyllabic guttural noises rather than actually attempting to discuss hockey? Is that just to feed the jingoistic Canadian hockey-superiority complex, or is there a more exalted explanation I'm not seeing?

Sorry for trying to elevate the discussion above the lowest common denominator. We'll be happy to exchange fatuous invective if that's what you really want.

Old
04-26-2004, 11:06 PM
chicpea*

Quote:
Aside from the "diving" criticisms (which let's be honest we would have done if it was the other way around...
I agree loudi, but I was referring to one specific poster who insisted that Thornton's boarding call was clean. I'm not saying it was particularly dirty, but this kept coming up over and over. It was surreal.

Old
04-26-2004, 11:12 PM
chicpea*

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeminus
So you'd prefer it if we were unsophisticated trolls making monosyllabic guttural noises rather than actually attempting to discuss hockey? Is that just to feed the jingoistic Canadian hockey-superiority complex, or is there a more exalted explanation I'm not seeing?

Sorry for trying to elevate the discussion above the lowest common denominator. We'll be happy to exchange fatuous invective if that's what you really want.
C'mon, don't be a spoilsport. We're happy to have you sans inane banter.

As the essayist Steven Shutt once wrote:
There is an intrinsic sublimity in the guarded discourse betwixt the serfs of separate hockey kingdoms; one that is viscerally hateful, but forever to be cherished.

Old
04-26-2004, 11:17 PM
loudi94
Master of my Domain

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeminus

Timing is everything Joe. I know that there is no one on the TB forum so it gets lonely, but no matter how polite and sophisticated you think you are, it's still a kick in the pants showing up after the game. Don't get me wrong, there has been some really great posts from Tampa fans, but there have been some antagonistic ones as well. Those are the ones that get remembered.

Old
04-27-2004, 12:43 AM
Rschmitz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerberos
Your arrogance is annoying. Now go display it on the Lightning board where you can discuss with the other 5 lightning fans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KOMO_ROCKS
Seriously, what are you doing here on the habs board? You seem to be just trolling here on the board and putting down a lot of the posters here

I can see how wanting to talk about hockey and get a different perspective can get annoying. I just don't remember the Islander fans getting bitter about us discussing the game. pity, if we weren't up 2-0 in the series, and the situation was reversed, I wonder if the empathy would be there as well? Especially since im mostly giving positive input toward the Habs.

I'll dismiss it as a whim though, I guess not everyone rubs off the same way.

Old
04-27-2004, 12:48 AM
Catala

Quote:
Originally Posted by TB_FANATIC
I can see how wanting to talk about hockey and get a different perspective can get annoying. I just don't remember the Islander fans getting bitter about us discussing the game. pity, if we weren't up 2-0 in the series, and the situation was reversed, I wonder if the empathy would be there as well? Especially since im mostly giving positive input toward the Habs.

I'll dismiss it as a whim though, I guess not everyone rubs off the same way.
i don't think they were aiming at you there. As i recall, you were always "classy" in your intervention on our boards. Some others weren't, you only have to check the GDT of the first game to understand what i mean. TB_fanatic, i don't know if i'm the only one and i can't talk for everyone, but in my book, you'll be always welcome on our boards and hope to see you more often even after our current series..

Old
04-27-2004, 01:01 AM
chicpea*

Tb_fanatic, I think you failed to recognise my post quoting the poet Steven Shutt (above). Your input is bittersweet, but welcome.

Old
04-27-2004, 01:22 AM
Rschmitz

Thanks guys. There are exponentially more Canadiens fans than Lightning fans, so obviously not everyone is going to be as smug and content as others, same thing goes for Lightning fans. Looking forward to game 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicpea
That's Canadiens fans
corrected

Last edited by Rschmitz: 04-27-2004 at 01:43 AM.
Old
04-27-2004, 01:31 AM
chicpea*

Quote:
Originally Posted by TB_FANATIC
Thanks guys. There are exponentially more Canadian fans than Lightning fans, so obviously not everyone is going to be as smug and content as others, same thing goes for Lightning fans. Looking forward to game 3
That's Canadiens fans, Mr. Gallivan.

Closed Thread