HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Gazette Feature on Halak

Old
02-12-2010, 03:44 PM
Souvenirs

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by airic000 View Post
We get it, you hate Halak!!! You don't need to keep reiterating it in every thread.
Yes, and then those who hate Price could do the same too.

Souvenirs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2010, 03:47 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Good read. Solid working class hero who has worked and fought hard to climb the mountain from 9th round obscurity to #1 goaltender for the most storied franchise in the NHL. The secret, is chocolate milk and wrestling with a side dish of Family Guy.

Ohashi_Jouzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2010, 04:35 PM
eightyseven

Honestly, I can't deny that Halak didn't work hard to make the NHL....BUT I strongly dislike the notion that Price didn't work hard to make the show either. Price grew up in an economically-poor, sheltered, small-town Native reserve in Western Canada. There are even pictures online how torn apart his hometown looks and the very little they have there. There was no organized hockey in his hometown so he had to play elsewhere to progress in the sport. He moved away at 16 to play in the WHL in the United States under a host family, away from his family to one day make the NHL. All those brutal bus rides for 4 years and playing hockey 24/7. Probably sacrificed his social life but he at least found a girlfriend there in Washington.

It's NOT Price's fault that Gainey traded away Huet and shoved him into the spotlight at age 20 under the most pressure-filled enviornment. To be honest, I was actually amazed he was able to post a shut-out in a playoff game at that time. Price was rushed and had a lot to learn back then, and still has a lot to learn. All the anti-Price sentiments come from the fact he seemingly "was handed" the position, but do you really think he wanted Gainey to trade away Huet when he was that young? Even Koivu expressed big concern for the kid and was surprised they traded away Huet. Sure, he's making a lot of money (as is every NHLer), but I sometimes feel sorry for Price. He doesn't deserve this crap. And I definitely feel the anti-Price media will eventually get their wish and run him out of town, only to see him excel elsewhere.

eightyseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2010, 09:12 PM
habtastic

I still don't understand how there is an antagonistic stance towards either of them.

THEY ARE BOTH GREAT. STOP...THE...DEBATE.
we're keeping them for now.

worry more about the other little things that cause goals to be scored and chances to be missed.

Hope Jaro slams the door and our boys score a half dozen tomorrow.

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2010, 09:31 PM
Frankenheimer

What I don't understand is how a puff-piece on Halak has deeply injured the Price fanboys to the point were they come barging in this thread to tell us all about Price and his upbringing when no even mentioned it. Maybe the Gazette needs to follow the American media "rule" (not always applied by some news organizations) of giving equal time to opponents. Halak couldn't have been more diplomatic in this interview. I was impressed.

Frankenheimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2010, 12:35 AM
RE-HABS

Very good read, too bad we can't keep both of these kids.

RE-HABS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2010, 08:34 AM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

He's obviously been on this board.

"Usually, what I hear is not for who I'm being traded, but to which team. I try not to pay attention. If I did, my head would explode. The guy spreading the rumours on the Internet might be a 10-year-old boy.

Seriously this guy seems to be made of humility and hard work. The team almost overlooked him on purpose, hopefully the new guy in charge has his eyes wide open to what he means to the club.

Agnostic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2010, 11:33 AM
Frankenheimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by earl the habs fan View Post
He's obviously been on this board.

"Usually, what I hear is not for who I'm being traded, but to which team. I try not to pay attention. If I did, my head would explode. The guy spreading the rumours on the Internet might be a 10-year-old boy.

Seriously this guy seems to be made of humility and hard work. The team almost overlooked him on purpose, hopefully the new guy in charge has his eyes wide open to what he means to the club.
What gives me confidence is Boivin's cold, calculating stance on the Habs as a business. Halak is good for business. He is loved by most fans and wins games.

Frankenheimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2010, 11:35 AM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

vCash: 137
Send a message via Skype™ to Le Tricolore
Quote:
Originally Posted by habtastic View Post
I still don't understand how there is an antagonistic stance towards either of them.

THEY ARE BOTH GREAT. STOP...THE...DEBATE.
we're keeping them for now.

worry more about the other little things that cause goals to be scored and chances to be missed.

Hope Jaro slams the door and our boys score a half dozen tomorrow.
Yes. I would have preferred Price today, but I understand Halak going in. Our goaltending has been the 'cause' of what? Two losses this year? It's the least of our concerns.

Le Tricolore is offline   Reply With Quote