HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Manchester Monarchs Playoff Thread

Closed Thread

Old
04-20-2004, 08:34 PM
David A. Rainer

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to David A. Rainer
Manchester Monarchs Playoff Thread

Well, with no Kings for the playoffs, might as well keep track of the Monarchs.

They just won 6-0 over Worchester to even up their series 2-2.

Hauser has two consecutive shutouts, after Hlinika lost the first two games.

Rosa has 7 points in 4 games, Kanko with 3, Lehoux has like 5, Cammy and Barney with a few, Hogeboom I don't think has played yet in the playoffs.

04-20-2004, 08:35 PM
Fat Elvis

Great idea, wish I had thought of this.

Old
04-20-2004, 08:36 PM
David A. Rainer

Monarchs fans,

Post here and let us know who's looking good and who's looking bad, what the boxscore won't tell us, and any insider info/rumors that might be a swirlin'.

Old
04-20-2004, 08:52 PM
LuckyLUC20

Let's Go Monarchs! Get out of the first round and beat those Cats!

Old
04-20-2004, 10:09 PM
Fat Elvis

Sounds like Clarke and Rosa had big games. Check out monarchshockey.com

Old
04-21-2004, 12:12 AM
GoneFullHextall
RIP Andy B.

vCash: 50
i was really worried about them after the first 2 games. i never would have thought they could go down to Worcester and get a pair of shutouts. in a building that is not an easy place to get a win if your the road team.

Now lets carry that over to game 5 back home in Manchester.

Old
04-21-2004, 01:40 AM
agentfouser
Playoffs?!?!

post links to stories and box scores here as well.

Old
04-21-2004, 01:53 AM
Chartrand

Ask and you shall receive:

Game Six Articles:
Monarchs break out in style against IceCats ( Union Leader )
All Square After Four ( Official Site )

Game Six Boxscore:
Manchester 6, Worcester 0

Old
04-21-2004, 03:51 AM
Kingz4life

Send a message via AIM to Kingz4life
Quote:
Originally Posted by AHL MV
Thank You and lets go Monarchs!!!!!!!!!!!

Old
04-21-2004, 09:19 AM
King Blazer

Series now tied at 2-games apiece so it’s down to a best of three in a series that the home team has yet to win a game.

Thoughts:

Goaltending decision to go with the veteran Hnilicka in the first 2 games was likely a “committee” decision. There is a lot of pressure on the home team in game 1 of any playoff series so the “logical” decision is to go with the veteran…In Milan’s defense, the TEAM played flat, nervous and tentatively in front of him for all of game one and most of game two and the TEAM and their mistakes were responsible for the first two losses.

The Monarchs are currently skating without Steve Kelly (shoulder), Jeff Guiliano (“lower body”) and Mike Cammalleri (flu, “cough”).

Kelly’s presence is sorely missed. He is a tough and inspired competitor on both sides of the puck. He centers the top line and the first PP unit

Giuliano has arguably been the best penalty killer on the Monarchs this season. His speed and physical play really can mess up an opponent’s game plan.

Cammalleri played in game 1 and has not returned to the line-up since. He had been playing wing on the first PP unit and centering Clarke and Barney. The official word is flu-like-symptoms. With his being scratched last night, he has been out with the flu for 5-days….

The first game was a shakedown game with Kelly and Guiliano out, regular and special teams were impacted severely. Game 2 the shakedown continues as Cammalleri succumbs to the “flu”. Ftorek, Parros and Koehler in…Welch, Cammalleri and Zizka out (Boudreau dressed 7 d-men in game 1) Larger, physical presence up front…

Realizing that a shake-up is needed for the now 0-2 Monarchs, the lines are adjusted, Hauser replaces Hnilicka, Zizka replaces Kuznetsov, and this line-up has yet to give up a goal…

Hauser has benefited from a much “tighter” team playing in front of him the past two games than Hnilicka had in front of him in the first two…Hauser has made the saves he’s needed to make, some will argue that except for maybe 1-save last night, “he hasn’t been tested and really isn’t the difference”, others will counter with, “it’s because of his presence in the net that the team plays with more confidence”. Likely, the truth is somewhere within those bounds…

Some that were at the game last night reported that the Monarchs game was just about flawless. Maybe the Monarchs were that good (6-0) or, the Ice Cats were that bad last night. Again, likely a combination of both, somewhere near the middle…

In general, those who we have come to expect to provide offense i.e. Rosa, Clarke, Lehoux and Kanko are doing so. The defense is “tight”, and the rest of the players are doing what they need to do to help the team be successful…

Old
04-22-2004, 09:39 PM
LuckyLUC20

Game 5 @ Manchester right now...

Tied 2-2 entering double OT. Manchester had a 2-0 lead early but the Cats have come back to tie. Scott Barney and Pavel Rosa got the goals for the Monarchs. Scott Pellerin and Aris Brimanis got the goals for Worcester. Sanford has been huge for the Cats. He's really kept them in the game from the sounds of it. He made a couple of great saves in the first OT.

Let's Go Monarchs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old
04-22-2004, 11:07 PM
LuckyLUC20

Monarchs lose in OT as Brooks scored for Worcester ... 3-2 OT Final IceCats.

Monarchs need to win in Worcester for Game 6. Worcester can't win at home (neither can the Monarchs)... force a game 7! Go Monarchs Go!

Sanford was unfreakingbelievable. He made some great saves, including one on Gleason. Ugh... he was "unconscious" as the Monarchs play by play guys said. I don't understand how he gets the #3 star though... should be #1.

Also, Barney gets slashed in the face but he gets a penalty called on him too?!? How does that happen? I know it's OT, but if it's as blatant as a slash to the face would be, it should be a PP, shouldn't it? The Monarchs broadcasters were pissed off. Ken Cail was going crazy after that call saying there should be an investigation... LOL. Oh well...

Let's Go Monarchs!

Old
04-23-2004, 03:07 AM
maximil

love the updates

Old
04-23-2004, 06:43 AM
ReggieMoto

Send a message via Yahoo to ReggieMoto
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyLUC20
Sanford was unfreakingbelievable. He made some great saves...

Also, Barney gets slashed in the face but he gets a penalty called on him too?!? How does that happen? I know it's OT, but if it's as blatant as a slash to the face would be, it should be a PP, shouldn't it?
Sanford stopped 60 shots last night. He was a wall. Of course, a lot of those shots were just hammered right at him from the somewhere between the top of the face off circles and the blue line, hitting in directly in the chest.

The officiating was very odd, I thought. For every penalty assessed in overtime there was an equivalent penalty assessed against the opposing team at the same time. It's almost as if the officials were going out of their way to keep the teams at even strength. The slash to Barney was pretty obvious (the Ice Cats had their sticks up a lot during OT) and Barney had some words for the ref over it.

I did get to see a rather peculiar sight last night, though. Rosa and Lehoux sharing the penalty box at the same time following a fracas on the ice. They were both in there swinging. It was a bizarre night.

ReggieMoto

Old
04-23-2004, 06:59 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 625
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyLUC20
Also, Barney gets slashed in the face but he gets a penalty called on him too?!? How does that happen? I know it's OT, but if it's as blatant as a slash to the face would be, it should be a PP, shouldn't it? The Monarchs broadcasters were pissed off. Ken Cail was going crazy after that call saying there should be an investigation... LOL. Oh well...
I remember a game i think it was 1997 and the Flyers were playing the Senators at home. IN the 3rd period, Mikael Renberg was in a battle with Ottawa's Randy Cunneyworth. Cunneyworth went down, his skate cut Renberg, he needed 220 stiches to his face, and he got a 2 minute penalty for interference.

Stop Feeding the Rumor-Monger

"I wonder if Norstrom has Forsberg's spleen mounted on his wall." - KINGS17

My 50 Favorite Albums of 2014 (sorry it's late)
Old
04-23-2004, 08:35 PM
TubbyTerrion*

Send a message via AIM to TubbyTerrion*
I went to the first four games of the series before returning to Los Angeles, and right about now I am kicking myself for not staying for game 5, which had to be one of the great minor league hockey games of all time.

I will say this about game 4, it was easily the best game played by a winning team that I saw all year NHL, AHL, ECHL, etc. - they were just that good!

Old
04-23-2004, 10:28 PM
Chartrand

Maybe we should sabotage the ice surface at the Verizon so they can't play there. I think we've lost the last seven home playoff games.

Old
04-24-2004, 08:18 PM
David A. Rainer

Well, it looks like that's it for Manchester. They're losing tonight and you don't want to know by how much.

Old
04-25-2004, 12:37 AM
punchy1

92 points in the regular season and a first round exit, we are talking about the Monarchs then, aren't we?

I still say grand job lads. Second year and a little better this than last. Next year will be even better.

I reckon you will have Cammelleri/Kanko/Hogeboom/Clarke/Steckel/Rome/Karlson/James and a couple more for most of the season so it will be a better chance of making it.

Old
04-27-2004, 01:57 AM
GoneFullHextall
RIP Andy B.

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson
I remember a game i think it was 1997 and the Flyers were playing the Senators at home. IN the 3rd period, Mikael Renberg was in a battle with Ottawa's Randy Cunneyworth. Cunneyworth went down, his skate cut Renberg, he needed 220 stiches to his face, and he got a 2 minute penalty for interference.
i remember that. all i gotta say is OWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Closed Thread