HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

Florida has honest owners...

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-12-2010, 11:22 AM
  #1
Real_Estate-Agent
Registered User
 
Real_Estate-Agent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,452
vCash: 500
Florida has honest owners...

All I can say is "WOW".....

http://panthers.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=517345

When posters kept asking what Katz could have or should have said to the fans, many implied that owners are not supposed to tell their fans the truth...

Read the letter to the fans from the Florida owners - straightforward, honest & to the point.....

Real_Estate-Agent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2010, 11:25 AM
  #2
hockeyaddict101
Registered User
 
hockeyaddict101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 19,903
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Real_Estate-Agent View Post
All I can say is "WOW".....

http://panthers.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=517345

When posters kept asking what Katz could have or should have said to the fans, many implied that owners are not supposed to tell their fans the truth...

Read the letter to the fans from the Florida owners - straightforward, honest & to the point.....
This was brought up in the other thread.

What does this letter say that Katz didn't say yesterday? Except it sounds very eloquent because it is letter form.

Lets recap Katz's comments.

This season has been unacceptable, expect changes, Tambo has carte blanche to do what he needs to do, he admits they are committed to the rebuild. He also said he didn't buy the team for it not to be acceptable, he expects it to be elite! He also talked about being commited to scouting and development. He also said he understands the fans are frustrated but knows they will be patient.

If he put his comments in a letter form it would be very similar to the letter that you are lauding as so wonderful! In fact the points are almost exactly the same!!

hockeyaddict101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2010, 11:26 AM
  #3
SlowFreshOil*
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: South
Posts: 2,280
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Real_Estate-Agent View Post
All I can say is "WOW".....

http://panthers.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=517345

When posters kept asking what Katz could have or should have said to the fans, many implied that owners are not supposed to tell their fans the truth...

Read the letter to the fans from the Florida owners - straightforward, honest & to the point.....
**** like this is what makes Edmonton fans look bad. All of you whiners wanted Katz to speak. He did. Now you're still whining. It's absolutely pathetic. I guess it's the typical Edmontonian response though.

SlowFreshOil* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2010, 11:27 AM
  #4
Philly85
Moody'
 
Philly85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 12,028
vCash: 500
If this makes you say wow then you must have a pretty boring life.

This is pretty much exactly what DK stated yesterday.

Philly85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2010, 11:27 AM
  #5
jfhlbuffy
 
jfhlbuffy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,167
vCash: 500
That's EXACTLY what Katz said, but in letter form! There is NOTHING in that letter that Katz didn't say. Holy hell, stop whining.

jfhlbuffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2010, 11:30 AM
  #6
Real_Estate-Agent
Registered User
 
Real_Estate-Agent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,452
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyaddict101 View Post

What does this letter say that Katz didn't say yesterday?
"We must admit the significant shortcomings we have as an organization, and we must move quickly and efficiently to overcome these shortcomings and reshape this franchise on a much more solid foundation."


I never heard Katz state that Lowe & / or Tambellini scre*ed up - that the reason the team is such a mess is because of them....

Please show me where Katz said that...

Real_Estate-Agent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2010, 11:31 AM
  #7
Valic
BOOOOOOOOOO
 
Valic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,622
vCash: 500
Believe me, if Katz would have released his statement in letter forum, people would be screaming that he didn't come out and speak live.

Unbelievable.

Valic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2010, 11:32 AM
  #8
jfhlbuffy
 
jfhlbuffy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,167
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Real_Estate-Agent View Post
"We must admit the significant shortcomings we have as an organization, and we must move quickly and efficiently to overcome these shortcomings and reshape this franchise on a much more solid foundation."


I never heard Katz admit that Lowe & / or Tambellini scre*ed up - that the reason the team is such a mess is because of them....

Please show me where Katz said that...


You're right. When he said being in 30th was unacceptable, and that Tambo had full authority to do whatever he needed to turn this around, and that we're in a rebuild right now, he obviously meant that there's nothing wrong with the team and if we just let it be, we'll be fine.

jfhlbuffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2010, 11:32 AM
  #9
SlowFreshOil*
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: South
Posts: 2,280
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Real_Estate-Agent View Post
"We must admit the significant shortcomings we have as an organization, and we must move quickly and efficiently to overcome these shortcomings and reshape this franchise on a much more solid foundation."


I never heard Katz state that Lowe & / or Tambellini scre*ed up - that the reason the team is such a mess is because of them....

Please show me where Katz said that...
You're kidding right?

SlowFreshOil* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2010, 11:33 AM
  #10
hockeyaddict101
Registered User
 
hockeyaddict101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 19,903
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfhlbuffy View Post
That's EXACTLY what Katz said, but in letter form! There is NOTHING in that letter that Katz didn't say. Holy hell, stop whining.
Yep but this is the second person who has brought up this letter as an example for Katz?

You have to wonder if they actually listened to what Katz said?

hockeyaddict101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2010, 11:33 AM
  #11
Valic
BOOOOOOOOOO
 
Valic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,622
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Real_Estate-Agent View Post
"We must admit the significant shortcomings we have as an organization, and we must move quickly and efficiently to overcome these shortcomings and reshape this franchise on a much more solid foundation."


I never heard Katz state that Lowe & / or Tambellini scre*ed up - that the reason the team is such a mess is because of them....

Please show me where Katz said that...
Tambellini didn't screw up, he's had a year on the job, hard to rebuild in one season without expiring contracts or any cap space. Lowe isn't the GM anymore so you cannot fall back on that old arguement.

Valic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2010, 11:37 AM
  #12
SlowFreshOil*
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: South
Posts: 2,280
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valic View Post
Believe me, if Katz would have released his statement in letter forum, people would be screaming that he didn't come out and speak live.

Unbelievable.
They still are screaming that the interview wasn't live.

Some people aren't fans. They're just a bunch of whiners with literally nothing to do but *****.

SlowFreshOil* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2010, 11:37 AM
  #13
Philly85
Moody'
 
Philly85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 12,028
vCash: 500
Thread backfire.

Philly85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2010, 11:46 AM
  #14
Real_Estate-Agent
Registered User
 
Real_Estate-Agent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,452
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valic View Post

Tambellini didn't screw up, he's had a year on the job, hard to rebuild in one season without expiring contracts or any cap space.

Lowe isn't the GM anymore so you cannot fall back on that old arguement.
Who was the one who created the mess of highly priced contracts that left the team with no cap space.........

Who were the two that flew out to Kelowna begging Heatley to please, please play for Edmonton...........

Who signed an injury prone aging goalie to a four year high priced contract......

Maybe you are right - there are no "significant shortcomings we have as an organization"........... Which is why Katz never mentioned that part....

Real_Estate-Agent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2010, 11:46 AM
  #15
CupofOil
Registered User
 
CupofOil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Rock Bottom
Country: United States
Posts: 13,600
vCash: 500
I'll reiterate what i said in the other thread, this is pretty much what Katz said, the whining and complaining is getting borderline ridiculous, people complain when Katz doesn't speak and they complain when he does, it's a double edged sword with some Oiler fans, jeez.

CupofOil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2010, 11:49 AM
  #16
hmminvisiblecola1279
I just hope we can
 
hmminvisiblecola1279's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: win a game
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,280
vCash: 500
I may not agree with REL, but some of you guys really need to get a grip. Fine, if you like what Katz said, great, but not everybody has to agree. Jumping on posters who don't agree with some of you guys seems to be the norm around here lately.

hmminvisiblecola1279 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2010, 11:49 AM
  #17
jfhlbuffy
 
jfhlbuffy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,167
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Real_Estate-Agent View Post
Who was the one who created the mess of highly priced contracts that left the team with no cap space.........

Who were the two that flew out to Kelowna begging Heatley to please, please play for Edmonton...........

Who signed an injury prone aging goalie to a four year high priced contract......

Maybe you are right - there are no "significant shortcomings we have as an organization"........... Which is why Katz never mentioned that part....

Please read my post above. I can't believe you could possibly have listened to his interview, and believe he doesn't think there are shortcomings with the team. Maybe the reason he didn't specifically say that exact sentence, was because he figured everything else he was saying made that completely obvious. Like, if I say all pucks are black, and I have a puck. Do I need to say it's a black puck? I guess for you I would.

jfhlbuffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2010, 11:49 AM
  #18
hockeyaddict101
Registered User
 
hockeyaddict101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 19,903
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Real_Estate-Agent View Post
Who was the one who created the mess of highly priced contracts that left the team with no cap space.........

Who were the two that flew out to Kelowna begging Heatley to please, please play for Edmonton...........

Who signed an injury prone aging goalie to a four year high priced contract......

Maybe you are right - there are no "significant shortcomings we have as an organization"........... Which is why Katz never mentioned that part....
Actually he did say that.

Did you actually listen to the interview?

I will paraphrase for you.

"Despite the injuries this team's performance has not met expectations and management, ownership realize this" He then talked about commiting to scouting and rebuilding and changes.

It is the same thing, just different words!

hockeyaddict101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2010, 11:50 AM
  #19
thome_26
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,856
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to thome_26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Real_Estate-Agent View Post
"We must admit the significant shortcomings we have as an organization, and we must move quickly and efficiently to overcome these shortcomings and reshape this franchise on a much more solid foundation."


I never heard Katz state that Lowe & / or Tambellini scre*ed up - that the reason the team is such a mess is because of them....

Please show me where Katz said that...
And I didn't read anywhere that Randy Sexton and Pete DeBoer screwed up - that the reason the team is such a mess because of them.

Irrational criticism undermines those with legitimate points to make. If this cretinism is the best you can do, and you truly care about Katz being undermined, then you ought to keep quiet so as to not taint all Katz opposition as emotional and irrational.

__________________
http://hfboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=160 - the Unofficial HF Political board
thome_26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2010, 11:54 AM
  #20
hmminvisiblecola1279
I just hope we can
 
hmminvisiblecola1279's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: win a game
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,280
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfhlbuffy View Post
Please read my post above. I can't believe you could possibly have listened to his interview, and believe he doesn't think there are shortcomings with the team. Maybe the reason he didn't specifically say that exact sentence, was because he figured everything else he was saying made that completely obvious. Like, if I say all pucks are black, and I have a puck. Do I need to say it's a black puck? I guess for you I would.
Look I understand what you are saying, however some people want Katz to just come out and say the team sucks and we plan on doing something about it instead of beating around the bush. Yes he does quietly say there will be changes, but for some of us its I will believe it when I see it attitude.
Frankly Katz is not the solution to the problems with this organization however I would hope in the future he will find people who will install some confidence into this once proud franchise.

hmminvisiblecola1279 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2010, 11:58 AM
  #21
hockeyaddict101
Registered User
 
hockeyaddict101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 19,903
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hmminvisiblecola View Post
Look I understand what you are saying, however some people want Katz to just come out and say the team sucks and we plan on doing something about it instead of beating around the bush. Yes he does quietly say there will be changes, but for some of us its I will believe it when I see it attitude.
Frankly Katz is not the solution to the problems with this organization however I would hope in the future he will find people who will install some confidence into this once proud franchise.
But he did say that, and the day before he had his employee admit the team sucks and in fact use those EXACT words!

He committed to do everything possible to make the team better. He gave his GM carte blance to do whatever was needed.

I am not sure what else he was supposed to say? What else were you expecting?

hockeyaddict101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2010, 12:02 PM
  #22
Pressure
#fireEakins Team
 
Pressure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,785
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Real_Estate-Agent View Post
All I can say is "WOW".....

http://panthers.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=517345

When posters kept asking what Katz could have or should have said to the fans, many implied that owners are not supposed to tell their fans the truth...

Read the letter to the fans from the Florida owners - straightforward, honest & to the point.....
I just read the letter....and it sounds like any other letter. I fail to see where the "WOW" factor is. Katz said everything yestarday, was straight up blunt and it satisfied my liking that he desperately wants a better team.

I'm confused...did I miss something in the letter?

Pressure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2010, 12:06 PM
  #23
hmminvisiblecola1279
I just hope we can
 
hmminvisiblecola1279's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: win a game
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,280
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyaddict101 View Post
But he did say that, and the day before he had his employee admit the team sucks and in fact use those EXACT words!

He committed to do everything possible to make the team better. He gave his GM carte blance to do whatever was needed.

I am not sure what else he was supposed to say? What else were you expecting?
I was not expecting anything to be honest and the whole discussion is really quite silly from both sides. I am one of those, I will believe it when I see it, guys. Talk is cheap and frankly I have been disappointed at all levels of this organization.
Remember, actions are louder than words and all I have heard are words from this team and for me that is not enough. If it is for you, great.

hmminvisiblecola1279 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2010, 12:08 PM
  #24
hockeyaddict101
Registered User
 
hockeyaddict101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 19,903
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hmminvisiblecola View Post
I was not expecting anything to be honest and the whole discussion is really quite silly from both sides. I am one of those, I will believe it when I see it, guys. Talk is cheap and frankly I have been disappointed at all levels of this organization.
Remember, actions are louder than words and all I have heard are words from this team and for me that is not enough. If it is for you, great.
Hmm, you must have a boring life if you think the dicussion is silly and yet are here commenting on it.

Frankly in reality your response really means I have nothing really to say to your question so I will go on the attack instead and call everyone silly.

hockeyaddict101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2010, 12:10 PM
  #25
jfhlbuffy
 
jfhlbuffy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,167
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hmminvisiblecola View Post
I was not expecting anything to be honest and the whole discussion is really quite silly from both sides. I am one of those, I will believe it when I see it, guys. Talk is cheap and frankly I have been disappointed at all levels of this organization.
Remember, actions are louder than words and all I have heard are words from this team and for me that is not enough. If it is for you, great.

So there was no pleasing you. You do realize, that the conversation just went like this:

You: I want Katz to say the team sucks
HA: He did.
You: Not good enough. I want action.


So... you wanted him to turn the team around and provide results... in a 10:41 interview?

jfhlbuffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:09 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.