HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Florida has honest owners...

Old
02-12-2010, 12:15 PM
hmminvisiblecola1279
I just hope we can

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyaddict101 View Post
Hmm, you must have a boring life if you think the dicussion is silly and yet are here commenting on it.

Frankly in reality your response really means I have nothing really to say to your question so I will go on the attack instead and call everyone silly.
Fine take it as you will, if you take offense too bad, not everybody is going to agree with you guys. Buddy, commenting on my life you have no idea who I am so lets leave the personal crap out of this.

hmminvisiblecola1279 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2010, 12:17 PM
hockeyaddict101

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmminvisiblecola View Post
Fine take it as you will, if you take offense too bad, not everybody is going to agree with you guys. Buddy, commenting on my life you have no idea who I am so lets leave the personal crap out of this.
So you can insult everyone in the thread that you decided to post in but I am supposed to leave you alone?

Got it.

How silly of me?

hockeyaddict101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2010, 12:19 PM
hmminvisiblecola1279
I just hope we can

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfhlbuffy View Post
So there was no pleasing you. You do realize, that the conversation just went like this:

You: I want Katz to say the team sucks
HA: He did.
You: Not good enough. I want action.

So... you wanted him to turn the team around and provide results... in a 10:41 interview?
Putting words into my mouth, your ASSuming a lot, I am merely stating what some people wanted him to say.
READ my post, actions speak louder than words. I don't give a crap what Katz and the organization say, their actions in the future are what will determine where the team is headed.
AGAIN, if words are enough for you guys, great.

Old
02-12-2010, 12:21 PM
hmminvisiblecola1279
I just hope we can

Quote:
So you can insult everyone in the thread that you decided to post in but I am supposed to leave you alone?

Got it.

How silly of me?
You took it as an insult, whatever buddy, your getting your hackles up because somebody does not agree with you. I pointed out it is silly because actions speak louder than words. You want to get bent out of shape because of it, oh well.

Old
02-12-2010, 12:22 PM
Pressure
Tier 1 fan..lmao

Quote:
Look I understand what you are saying, however some people want Katz to just come out and say the team sucks and we plan on doing something about it instead of beating around the bush. Yes he does quietly say there will be changes, but for some of us its I will believe it when I see it attitude.
Frankly Katz is not the solution to the problems with this organization however I would hope in the future he will find people who will install some confidence into this once proud franchise.
Ok what? Katz comes straight out and says the team is not acceptable, they did not want it to be like this, there will be changes, Tambo has full reign over the whole team to do whatever he needs to do.....He never beat around the bust at all. If he just came out and said, "the team sucks" what kind of leadership is that? I don't know about you, but there are ways of saying things that don't have to be so pointed...I'm thinking you never heard the interview...much like half these whiny posters that are jumping on the burn Katz bandwagon...good lord.

He will do something. He says Tambo WILL do something. What more do you want?

Pressure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2010, 12:23 PM
SK13
Mo'Linguish

vCash: 337
Quote:
Putting words into my mouth, your ASSuming a lot, I am merely stating what some people wanted him to say.
READ my post, actions speak louder than words. I don't give a crap what Katz and the organization say, their actions in the future are what will determine where the team is headed.
Then why bother expressing disappointment in the interview?

"Fine, if you like what Katz said, great, but not everybody has to agree."

"however some people want Katz to just come out and say the team sucks and we plan on doing something about it instead of beating around the bush. Yes he does quietly say there will be changes"

Nobody's jumping on people for disagreeing, they're jumping on people for obvious logical fallacies.

SK13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2010, 12:25 PM
hmminvisiblecola1279
I just hope we can

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressure View Post
Ok what? Katz comes straight out and says the team is not acceptable, they did not want it to be like this, there will be changes, Tambo has full reign over the whole team to do whatever he needs to do.....He never beat around the bust at all. If he just came out and said, "the team sucks" what kind of leadership is that? I don't know about you, but there are ways of saying things that don't have to be so pointed...I'm thinking you never heard the interview...much like half these whiny posters that are jumping on the burn Katz bandwagon...good lord.

He will do something. He says Tambo WILL do something. What more do you want?

In bold, I will believe it when it happens, boy this is getting old actions speak louder than words.

Old
02-12-2010, 12:26 PM
hockeyaddict101

Quote:
Fair enough, so in reality what you are trying to say is.

Enough words, platitudes.

Lets just get on with it already!

Sounds good to me.

Old
02-12-2010, 12:28 PM
hmminvisiblecola1279
I just hope we can

Quote:
Originally Posted by SK13 View Post
Then why bother expressing disappointment in the interview?

"Fine, if you like what Katz said, great, but not everybody has to agree."

"however some people want Katz to just come out and say the team sucks and we plan on doing something about it instead of beating around the bush. Yes he does quietly say there will be changes"

Nobody's jumping on people for disagreeing, they're jumping on people for obvious logical fallacies.
Did I express disappointment, no I did not, but jumping on REL just because he believes differently is ridiculous. He may be wrong, but he is entitled to his opinion. Now I have posters jumping on me, misunderstanding what I want to see happen. I am merely stating from both sides of the argument, talk is cheap. Right or wrong, I don't believe a word until it happens.

Old
02-12-2010, 12:32 PM
SlowFreshOil*

Quote:
Did I express disappointment, no I did not, but jumping on REL just because he believes differently is ridiculous. He may be wrong, but he is entitled to his opinion. Now I have posters jumping on me, misunderstanding what I want to see happen. I am merely stating from both sides of the argument, talk is cheap. Right or wrong, I don't believe a word until it happens.
I go after REA because he's had it out for Katz since DAY 1. He's like Glenn Beck going after Obama. It's all BS.

SlowFreshOil* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2010, 12:32 PM
Stoneman89

Not to get into a pissing contest with a bunch of irate townsfolk, but didn't Katz say a lot of similar stuff LAST year ?

Stoneman89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2010, 12:35 PM
hockeyaddict101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoneman89 View Post
Not to get into a pissing contest with a bunch of irate townsfolk, but didn't Katz say a lot of similar stuff LAST year ?
Rome was not built in a day.

The problem was people were expecting him to be a white knight in shiming armour!

He was going to build an arena (all with his own money) and turn the team around instantly.

Old
02-12-2010, 12:35 PM
hmminvisiblecola1279
I just hope we can

Quote:
Fair enough, so in reality what you are trying to say is.

Enough words, platitudes.

Lets just get on with it already!

Sounds good to me.
Sorry if it is dull, guess I am just old school.

Old
02-12-2010, 12:36 PM
CupofOil

Quote:
I was not expecting anything to be honest and the whole discussion is really quite silly from both sides. I am one of those, I will believe it when I see it, guys. Talk is cheap and frankly I have been disappointed at all levels of this organization.
Remember, actions are louder than words and all I have heard are words from this team and for me that is not enough. If it is for you, great.

This has nothing to do with the point of this thread, the OP was designed to say that Florida has an honest owner while the Oilers don't by using the Florida owner's letter as evidence when in reality Katz said pretty much those same exact things yesterday.
This has nothing to do with "talk is cheap" stuff, it has to do with the fact that Katz basically said the same things that the Florida owner did but REA is lambasting Katz and applauding the Florida owner, it makes no sense.

CupofOil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2010, 12:37 PM
hockeyaddict101

Quote:
Sorry if it is dull, guess I am just old school.
I don't disagree.

But I think we need to give it time.

Lowe made a lot of mistakes and I know it is very painful but it is going to take some time to fix.

Old
02-12-2010, 12:37 PM
hmminvisiblecola1279
I just hope we can

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowFreshOil View Post
I go after REA because he's had it out for Katz since DAY 1. He's like Glenn Beck going after Obama. It's all BS.
I know I read enough about that in the arena thread, whew that was a long one.

Old
02-12-2010, 12:40 PM
MerryJ99

Quote:
I don't remember Katz saying anything last year, actually I am pretty sure that last time he spoke publicly was when he became the owner in 08.

MerryJ99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2010, 12:43 PM
North

Quote:
You took it as an insult, whatever buddy, your getting your hackles up because somebody does not agree with you. I pointed out it is silly because actions speak louder than words. You want to get bent out of shape because of it, oh well.
Action speaks louder than words, so how does a letter compare to a radio interview? They're both words after all.

The issue was what's the difference between those two. Not this issue which quite honestly could have been avoided.

North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2010, 12:44 PM
Stoneman89

Quote:
Rome was not built in a day.

The problem was people were expecting him to be a white knight in shiming armour!

He was going to build an arena (all with his own money) and turn the team around instantly.
I guess I'm referring to the "first stages of the rebuild" and "road to respectability" in the "Rome Project." And then his GM goes out and makes a mess of his words by refusing to fill a gaping hole at face-off/penalty kill cheap centre option, signing another "lucky-charms leprechaun", and signing an injury prone aging goalie to a long-term deal.

And now, this year, pretty much the same speech. Not too difficult to be a tad wary in what might happen going forward. Show me.

Old
02-12-2010, 12:44 PM
hmminvisiblecola1279
I just hope we can

Quote:
I don't disagree.

But I think we need to give it time.

Lowe made a lot of mistakes and I know it is very painful but it is going to take some time to fix.
I agree and all I mentioned is all the letters and interviews mean nothing if actions are not taken in the future to ensure future success.

To Cup of Oil, Panthers fans should also not believe the words expressed in the letter until changes are made to address the concerns of that club.

Look guys, I am going to walk away from this, I have always been a fan of this team however I hope the future will be brighter than the present. To fans of this team and all members of the Oilers organization it has been one long year.

Last edited by hmminvisiblecola1279: 02-12-2010 at 12:49 PM. Reason: meant to say organization
Old
02-12-2010, 12:48 PM
hmminvisiblecola1279
I just hope we can

Quote:
Originally Posted by North View Post
Action speaks louder than words, so how does a letter compare to a radio interview? They're both words after all.

The issue was what's the difference between those two. Not this issue which quite honestly could have been avoided.
Look I didn't want to start another thread, alright. I wrote my piece, got slammed for it, I have moved on, can't you?

Old
02-12-2010, 12:49 PM
hockeyaddict101

Quote:
I guess I'm referring to the "first stages of the rebuild" and "road to respectability" in the "Rome Project." And then his GM goes out and makes a mess of his words by refusing to fill a gaping hole at face-off/penalty kill cheap centre option, signing another "lucky-charms leprechaun", and signing an injury prone aging goalie to a long-term deal.

And now, this year, pretty much the same speech. Not too difficult to be a tad wary in what might happen going forward. Show me.
Yes Tambo has made a few mistakes and in reality perhaps they should have committed to the rebuild last year.

I don't think he gave the exact same speech last year.

There was no committment to a rebuild. I think they honestly thought they would make the playoffs.

Just that he would make changes and he did. He changed the whole coaching staff and hired Tambellini.

Old
02-12-2010, 12:52 PM
SK13
Mo'Linguish

vCash: 337
On last years comments from Tambellini, not Katz, about roster changes: This was when they were still talking about supporting MacTavish.

I thought in August, and still think now, that this was about seeing what was there before moving assets. Like Tambo says: Assessing the situation.

In a sense, it gave us clarity on who should stay and who should go. Nilsson is not a player. O'Sullivan has issues. Cogliano IS redundant. Potulny and Brule are roster players. Jacques and Stone are useful bottom sixers. We know these things now.

This is where **** gets real, so to speak. This is where I consider him on the clock.

SK13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2010, 12:54 PM
Stoneman89

Quote:
Yes Tambo has made a few mistakes and in reality perhaps they should have committed to the rebuild last year.

I don't think he gave the exact same speech last year.

There was no committment to a rebuild. I think they honestly thought they would make the playoffs.

Just that he would make changes and he did. He changed the whole coaching staff and hired Tambellini.

I think the part of any talk from Katz last year was similar in the fact he reitirated he felt he had the right people in place to go forward, and that included Tambo. I'm not ready to toss Steve out with the bathwater yet, but let's fact it. He's had a rough start, and this is the year he needs to move forward. Although, you have to admit, with a #1 overall draft pick in your back pocket, it's pretty difficult to mess that part up.

Old
02-12-2010, 12:57 PM
hockeyaddict101

Quote:
I think the part of any talk from Katz last year was similar in the fact he reitirated he felt he had the right people in place to go forward, and that included Tambo. I'm not ready to toss Steve out with the bathwater yet, but let's fact it. He's had a rough start, and this is the year he needs to move forward. Although, you have to admit, with a #1 overall draft pick in your back pocket, it's pretty difficult to mess that part up.
Did Katz say anything at all?

The more I think about it, I don't remember him saying anything.

I think we may both be thinking of Tambellini's comments?