HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Florida has honest owners...

Old
02-12-2010, 04:04 PM
Beerfish

vCash: 500
I don't see anywhere in that article where the owners declare: 'We have a great young core!" That comment blows the argument that Katz said the same thing.

The things that our GM says are counter to what was said in that article.

Now if that article had said 'we will evaluate the team over the next 20 games to see where we are at' then it would fall in line with what our management has said.

As for the declaration that 'we will make changes!' Please see Tambellinis big speech to end last year where with great pomp and fire he declared that our performance was unacceptable and we were going to be a more gritty and tough team to play against. He promptly signed and aging injured tender and a smurf as our big aquisitions and spent the whole summer trying to get Heatley.

Actions speak louder than words. We'll see how serious our team is about 'making changes'.

Beerfish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2010, 04:07 PM
SK13
Mo'Linguish

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
I don't see anywhere in that article where the owners declare: 'We have a great young core!" That comment blows the argument that Katz said the same thing.

The things that our GM says are counter to what was said in that article.

Now if that article had said 'we will evaluate the team over the next 20 games to see where we are at' then it would fall in line with what our management has said.

As for the declaration that 'we will make changes!' Please see Tambellinis big speech to end last year where with great pomp and fire he declared that our performance was unacceptable and we were going to be a more gritty and tough team to play against. He promptly signed and aging injured tender and a smurf as our big aquisitions and spent the whole summer trying to get Heatley.

Actions speak louder than words. We'll see how serious our team is about 'making changes'.
Jesus, do you have a clue about anything?

The letter and Katz's speech say the exact same things. What does Katz's comment about the young core have to do with anything?

He said the team was unacceptable. He said that Tambellini has carte blanche to buyout, trade or demote players. He said that things HAVE to change and they didn't get in this to lose games.

SK13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2010, 04:07 PM
smackdaddy
Hall-RNH-Eberle

Quote:
Rabble rabble rabble.
That's all I see.

Seriously.

smackdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2010, 04:11 PM
GSC

I'm not calling out Katz, I'm glad he interviewed and spoke with the public (despite the interview being done in a light most favourable to him and the Oilers, which is to be expected).

I'm stating my opinion that the organization seems blameless for the current (and continuing) problems with the Oilers in terms of the players AND the front office. I have little to no faith in the current regime to recognize their flaws, to conduct a proper rebuild when they got us into this mess in the first place.

I'm not asking for anyone to agree with me, I'm simply stating what I believe to be the case having read and heard Katz's comments.

GSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2010, 04:13 PM
SlowFreshOil*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SK13 View Post

The letter and Katz's speech say the exact same things. What does Katz's comment about the young core have to do with anything?

He said the team was unacceptable. He said that Tambellini has carte blanche to buyout, trade or demote players. He said that things HAVE to change and they didn't get in this to lose games.
Don't bother. Some people can't comprehend the simplest of things.

SlowFreshOil* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2010, 04:16 PM
Beerfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by SK13 View Post

Don't be an ass, if you disagree with someone make a compelling argument. Saying 'we have a great young core' indicates we are happy with the development of our young players and makes a judgement about guys who have never played.

you conveniently ignored my comment about actions speaking louder than words. We will see how many buyouts occur, how many players are demoted or what trades are made. I'll restate it for you, after the big speech last year almost nothing was done.

Of course after seeing your comments in a number of posts you are the type that will say. 'No trades by olympic freeze? No problem the trade deadline is better. No trades at the deadline? No worries its better to deal at the draft. no deals at the draft? Probably better to make moves during the summer.

In case you haven't noticed we are a cap maxed, last place team over all without an abundance of talent ready to contribute for several years. The oilers talked big change last year and did dick. Talk is cheap.

Old
02-12-2010, 04:16 PM
Beerfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by smackdaddy View Post
That's all I see.

Seriously.
Another quality post refuting statements. The old head in the sand approach.

Old
02-12-2010, 04:18 PM
Beerfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowFreshOil View Post
Don't bother. Some people can't comprehend the simplest of things.
A lot of people also ignore whole parts of posts, fail to refute any points made and whine more about the whiners like me than they do about a last place cap maxed hockey team.

Old
02-12-2010, 04:20 PM
oiLowe

Quote:
Don't be an ass, if you disagree with someone make a compelling argument. Saying 'we have a great young core' indicates we are happy with the development of our young players and makes a judgement about guys who have never played.

you conveniently ignored my comment about actions speaking louder than words. We will see how many buyouts occur, how many players are demoted or what trades are made. I'll restate it for you, after the big speech last year almost nothing was done.

Of course after seeing your comments in a number of posts you are the type that will say. 'No trades by olympic freeze? No problem the trade deadline is better. No trades at the deadline? No worries its better to deal at the draft. no deals at the draft? Probably better to make moves during the summer.

In case you haven't noticed we are a cap maxed, last place team over all without an abundance of talent ready to contribute for several years. The oilers talked big change last year and did dick. Talk is cheap.
Tell us, what do you propose they do and how will that help with our rebuild?

oiLowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2010, 04:25 PM
9GWG9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real_Estate-Agent View Post
"We must admit the significant shortcomings we have as an organization, and we must move quickly and efficiently to overcome these shortcomings and reshape this franchise on a much more solid foundation."

I never heard Katz state that Lowe & / or Tambellini scre*ed up - that the reason the team is such a mess is because of them....

Please show me where Katz said that...
Show us where they refer to his management team as being the "significant shortcomings"

They don't. He could mean that the TP in the dressing room isn't plush enough.

9GWG9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2010, 04:25 PM
Dorian2
Positional Bias.

Quote:
"We must admit the significant shortcomings we have as an organization, and we must move quickly and efficiently to overcome these shortcomings and reshape this franchise on a much more solid foundation."

I never heard Katz state that Lowe & / or Tambellini scre*ed up - that the reason the team is such a mess is because of them....

I guess you wanted a "MacT isn't going anywhere" episode? Get off it

Dorian2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2010, 05:08 PM
Stoneman89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oil Gauge View Post
That was in an effort to shift the focus off of "Fire Mac T" and back to "The Oilers are in a playoff race". What did you think that Mac T would be the coach for ever when katz said that?

I see. So we're supposed to selectively believe and not believe what Darry Katz tells us.

Stoneman89 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2010, 05:10 PM
Dorian2
Positional Bias.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmminvisiblecola View Post
[/B]

In bold, I will believe it when it happens, boy this is getting old actions speak louder than words.
I get a sneaky suspicion that you are not ready for a rebuild, something that takes time, patience, and perseverance

Dorian2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2010, 05:19 PM
MrOiler

This is exactly what Katz said, except he said better.

I'm a huge Oil fan, but some of the fans are nuts. They are never happy. I think it's the same small town mentality that stops Edmonton from being the city it could be. The same complainers that will try to stop a new arena from being built.

MrOiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2010, 05:23 PM
Tad Mikowsky
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOiler View Post

I'm a huge Oil fan, but some of the fans are nuts. They are never happy. I think it's the same small town mentality that stops Edmonton from being the city it could be. The same complainers that will try to stop a new arena from being built.
Totally agreed. This post wins.

Tad Mikowsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2010, 05:24 PM
TigerWoo

Quote:
**** like this is what makes Edmonton fans look bad. All of you whiners wanted Katz to speak. He did. Now you're still whining. It's absolutely pathetic. I guess it's the typical Edmontonian response though.
Yup. Brutal.

Why not let leaders who have accomplished a lot of things in life lead?

OT, but what's the biggest music video of all time? It's called Thriller.

Who paid for most of

TigerWoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2010, 05:24 PM
Stoneman89

You know, like a couple other guys have stated, I don't really give a **** what people say. I'm much more impressed by what they do. Going forward to next September will be the key for me, to see what gets done.

Stoneman89 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2010, 05:25 PM
TigerWoo

Quote:
**** like this is what makes Edmonton fans look bad. All of you whiners wanted Katz to speak. He did. Now you're still whining. It's absolutely pathetic. I guess it's the typical Edmontonian response though.
Yup. Brutal.

Why not let leaders who have accomplished a lot of things in life lead?

OT, but what's the biggest music video of all time? It's called Thriller.

Who paid for most of it? Michael Jackson did out of his own pocket.

He knew what he was doing.

Let Katz improve the city

Old
02-12-2010, 05:42 PM
Narnia
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via MSN to Narnia
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfhlbuffy View Post
There's no point even arguing with you. How do you know what Katz was or wasn't going to do? Personally, I believe what he meant was "MacT isn't going anywhere for the rest of this season." And he stuck to that. What makes your point more valid than mine?

You've clearly made your mind up on Katz. He's done exactly what you want him to, and you *****. There's no pleasing you.
The bolded part I agree with as I thought the same thing. Katz wouldn't have fired a coach with 6 games left in the season that the team wasn't making the playoffs.

02-12-2010, 05:43 PM
Oil Gauge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoneman89 View Post
I see. So we're supposed to selectively believe and not believe what Darry Katz tells us.
Fans wanted Mac T fired that very day, Katz came out and said that mac t isn't going anywhere. How are we supposed to know how long he meant for? He certainly didn't mean eternity. Maybe he meant for the remainder of the season? Maybe he meant longer. The actions that were taken in the next 6 months would lead me to believe that he meant for the remainder of the season.

Or maybe he didn't know if Mac T would be fired or not and he was getting tired of the constant Fire Mac T talk, I know I was getting tired of it. All while our team was battling for the playoffs. Katz wanted more of a positive feel around the Oilers playoff drive.

Really its not a big deal, unless your panties are too small.

Oil Gauge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2010, 05:48 PM
Narnia
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via MSN to Narnia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorian2 View Post
I get a sneaky suspicion that you are not ready for a rebuild, something that takes time, patience, and perseverance
Some Oilers fans don't even have the patience for a 1-year rebuild. We're seeing it in this thread by a select few posters.

Narnia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2010, 05:49 PM
TigerWoo

Who made WestJet?

How about Microsoft?

How about Shaw?

What about Hughes?

Let these people, with an established track record, lead this city.

Go make your own company if you disagree about the taxes.

Old
02-12-2010, 06:24 PM
Oilbleeder
RattsSSV on the avy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOiler View Post

Well said. Katz speech = Cat's letter.

People are just nit-picky. They mean the same things. Both organizations suck ass.

Oilbleeder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2010, 12:50 AM
CupofOil

Quote:

Again, as i said earlier, this thread is not about "talk is cheap" stuff, it was started because REA was trying to make a point that Florida has an honest owner while Katz is not and acted like the Florida owner did such a great thing with this letter when Katz pretty much said the same exact things that the Florida owner did.....
So essentially, the Florida owner gets praised while Katz gets crapped on even though they basically said the same thing.

CupofOil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2010, 01:08 AM
Tavaresmagicalplay*

Quote:

This point is irrelevant because Jaques Martin would still be running the Florida panthers had a better job not come along.

Tavaresmagicalplay* is offline   Reply With Quote