HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Florida has honest owners...

Old
02-13-2010, 02:04 AM
alanschu

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Real_Estate-Agent View Post
Everyone keeps stating Katz blamed the players & not management....

What am I missing........
Shortcomings with the roster is blaming the management.

alanschu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2010, 02:08 AM
alanschu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
Saying 'we have a great young core' indicates we are happy with the development of our young players and makes a judgement about guys who have never played.
Saying "We have a great young core" indicates that they feel that there are still positives about the team.

But you shouldn't care about him saying this, because you feel talk is cheap. It's inconsistent for you to bring up this point.

Old
02-14-2010, 12:53 AM
hmminvisiblecola1279
there are kids in it

vCash: 1072
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorian2 View Post
I get a sneaky suspicion that you are not ready for a rebuild, something that takes time, patience, and perseverance
Naw your right just being sneaky, geez buddy does it really matter, we are a 30th place team we are in a rebuild mode. Cmon a rebuild takes time, thanks for the heads up, I did not realize this, hmmm clicks thumb and middle finger darnit they are still not in first place.

hmminvisiblecola1279 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2010, 12:56 AM
hmminvisiblecola1279
there are kids in it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narnia View Post
Some Oilers fans don't even have the patience for a 1-year rebuild. We're seeing it in this thread by a select few posters.
Care to list them off Narnia or just going with the flow which is not a surprise. Lets be honest here, the Oilers could finish dead last for oh I don't know thirty years, and somehow Sather would still be responsible and not your mancrush Lowe.

Old
02-14-2010, 03:10 AM
Oil Gauge
5+14+6+1=97

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
I don't see anywhere in that article where the owners declare: 'We have a great young core!" That comment blows the argument that Katz said the same thing.

The things that our GM says are counter to what was said in that article.

Now if that article had said 'we will evaluate the team over the next 20 games to see where we are at' then it would fall in line with what our management has said.

As for the declaration that 'we will make changes!' Please see Tambellinis big speech to end last year where with great pomp and fire he declared that our performance was unacceptable and we were going to be a more gritty and tough team to play against. He promptly signed and aging injured tender and a smurf as our big aquisitions and spent the whole summer trying to get Heatley.

Actions speak louder than words. We'll see how serious our team is about 'making changes'.
Tambilini didn't sign an injured goalie, Where are you getting your facts?

He tried to make a big trade, which really was the only real way to make a big change to this team. Really the teams core was set without making a big trade.

Oil Gauge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2010, 09:45 AM
Pros and Cons

I have a big issue with the media scrums and Quinn seems to be expecting loses.
He references to lack of grit, heart, tenacity, etc... (he is right) I realize the standings speak for themselves and word is getting around the league awhile ago about the suckage, but man he doesn't make a good salesman to rally up troops.

Why would you tell an on coming army you have very few weapons to use and no one that knows how to shoot a gun? That is horrible.

IMO opinion regardless of the injuries and all the black clouds, this team does not like Quinn or the systems he is trying to enforce.

Pros and Cons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2010, 09:56 AM
hockeyaddict101

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanschu View Post
Shortcomings with the roster is blaming the management.
It was a quick backtrack for the people that were saying Florida owners were all honest and Katz was not.

BUT lets be frank, nowhere in the Florida letter does the owner blame management. In both cases it is pretty obvious that the organizations are blaming everyone but it is not STATED in either case.

It goes under the nice try banner.

hockeyaddict101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2010, 10:09 AM
Julio18

This is a non-issue.

REA has had it out for Katz since day one.

He's got his reasons and chooses to vilify Katz every little bit of the way - it's pathetic really, but to each their own.

Katz said everything that he needed to with regards to this season. There are a few things left up to the individual to use their cognitive skills to interpret, such as placing the blame on former GM, but they are pretty straight forward. Besides, what kind of owner would that make Katz by publicly smashing the current Pres. of hockey operations?! It would make him a hypocrite wouldn't it and it would be all down hill from there.

Some people just need Katz to say it in order to stroke their own sadist ego, when we already know what this is.

Lowe made some mistakes at the end of his tenure, Katz backed him up - period. Let's move on.

Tambo has some monumental tasks ahead of him. Number one being the veterans and moving them, and a close number two (pun intended), the goaltending issue.

Julio18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2010, 11:49 AM
Real_Estate-Agent

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julio18 View Post

He's got his reasons and chooses to vilify Katz every little bit of the way - it's pathetic really, but to each their own.
I could respond:

"_______ has bowed at the feet of Katz since day one.

He's got his reasons and chooses to brown nose to Katz every little bit of the way - it's pathetic really, but to each their own."

But for some strange reason, I prefer to discuss the merits of the position put forward - a sign of intelligent debate........

For example, I found this on Elliotte Friedman, CBC blog...

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/blogs/2010/..._olympics.html

# 20) If you haven’t read the “Letter to the Fans” the Florida Panthers posted online Friday, take a few minutes (link: http://panthers.nhl.com/club/news.ht...id=DL|FLA|home). That is one serious public napalming.

# 21) The Panthers have a new ownership group, so it’s possible this is an explanation of its vision. Advice from someone who used to work there: Choose a plan and stick with it.

Real_Estate-Agent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2010, 12:10 PM
Real_Estate-Agent

Quote:

Some people just need Katz to say it in order to stroke their own sadist ego, when we already know what this is.

Lowe made some mistakes at the end of his tenure, Katz backed him up - period. Let's move on.

Tambo has some monumental tasks ahead of him. Number one being the veterans and moving them, and a close number two (pun intended), the goaltending issue.
It is obviously to you that Tambo's monumental tasks are 100% because of Lowe.....

You had no problem stating the truth......... Yet you also point out that Katz is not holding Lowe accountable....

Reminds me of the "Nothing to see here, move along" defense...........

Old
02-15-2010, 12:16 PM
SlowFreshOil*

Quote:
This is a non-issue.

Katz said everything that he needed to with regards to this season. There are a few things left up to the individual to use their cognitive skills to interpret, such as placing the blame on former GM, but they are pretty straight forward. Besides, what kind of owner would that make Katz by publicly smashing the current Pres. of hockey operations?! It would make him a hypocrite wouldn't it and it would be all down hill from there.
Exactly. There's only a few people making an issue out of this and they're looking like fools for doing it.

SlowFreshOil* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2010, 12:23 PM
Real_Estate-Agent

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowFreshOil View Post

Exactly. There's only a few people making an issue out of this and they're looking like fools for doing it.
I'm not sure where you learned to discuss a topic, but I'll play along.....

SlowFreshOil has bowed at the feet of Katz since day one.

He's got his reasons and chooses to brown nose to Katz every little bit of the way - it's pathetic really, but to each their own.

He's looking like a fool for doing so........

Old
02-15-2010, 12:35 PM
jfhlbuffy

Quote:

He's got his reasons and chooses to brown nose to Katz every little bit of the way - it's pathetic really, but to each their own.

No, he's really not. The only person that's looking like a fool right now is you.

You're calling us brownnosers for pointing out that what Katz said is identical to what the Florida owners said... and that you said Katz is a jerk for not saying anything, and the Florida owners are amazing and wonderful for being so honest.

You can keep trying to convince other people that you're right, but the more you post, the less convincing you are. It's... pathetic, really.

jfhlbuffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2010, 01:50 PM
Pressure
Tier 1,2 and 3 fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfhlbuffy View Post
No, he's really not. The only person that's looking like a fool right now is you.

You're calling us brownnosers for pointing out that what Katz said is identical to what the Florida owners said... and that you said Katz is a jerk for not saying anything, and the Florida owners are amazing and wonderful for being so honest.

You can keep trying to convince other people that you're right, but the more you post, the less convincing you are. It's... pathetic, really.
^^ This.
And this thread is going nowhere.

Pressure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2010, 02:06 PM
SlowFreshOil*

Quote:

That's funny because I criticize him in another thread for getting too close to players and contract negotiations.

You see, I've taken the trouble to read your posts in regards to Mr.Katz. You obviously haven't done the same.

SlowFreshOil* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2010, 02:14 PM
North

Quote:

You have a group of people saying the letter and the radio interview were basically saying the same thing and SlowFreshOil is the one who looks like a fool? I think not.

North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2010, 11:20 PM
Julio18

Quote:
It is obviously to you that Tambo's monumental tasks are 100% because of Lowe.....

You had no problem stating the truth......... Yet you also point out that Katz is not holding Lowe accountable....

Reminds me of the "Nothing to see here, move along" defense...........
What is it exactly that you have against Katz?! It's creepy. I'm not sure why I'm even going too respond to this thread again, much less you?!

That's right - there is nothing to see here. These guys didn't just fall off the turnip truck. They know that if they address this in a similar fashion it just opens the organization up to more public scrutiny and another media frenzy we do not need. They're already in a delicate situation and have been since '06. All that needs to be said about the elephant in the room has been said and there is no need to pour gas on the fire.

Now, you seemed surprised we are on the same page with the problems of this team and where they were created.......... or maybe that was an attempt to poke holes in my logic and therefore belittle my response - whatever the case......... That's not the topic here. You're deflecting in a weak attempt to discredit my opinion on your latest Katz smear campaign.

The topic is you and you're minions want a public stoning that you feel entitled to. You're argument is that another team has come clean, so we should do the same......... that's like a "Mom! Jimmy said he's allowed to stay up after 8 p.m., and so should I" argument.........

Well it's not compodre - you and Jimmy are all up in two very different households.

You're smarter than that - based upon how good you are at finding articles and lawsuits to back your claims, you should know that is NOT how life works. Katz and Lowe did their time and earned their situation in life - in case you forgot, they own and run the organization.

There is a thin white line in crisis management. For all you know, they may feel like they do need to address the issue in a similar fashion to Florida, but decided on not compounding an already DIRE situation. WE'RE 30th PLACE! A LAUGHING STOCK, AND THAT ISN'T ENOUGH FOR YOU.

Face it, this is about your personal disdain and ulterior motive towards Katz. If you don't like it, which you obviously don't, start a movement. Rally your troops and immobilize the "REA against all that is Katz coup". Probably going to have to go beyond belly aching on a chat board though - try taking out some ad space in the Sun.

Last edited by Julio18: 02-16-2010 at 10:47 AM.
Julio18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2010, 10:25 AM
McDorian2
Positional Bias.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmminvisiblecola View Post
Naw your right just being sneaky, geez buddy does it really matter, we are a 30th place team we are in a rebuild mode. Cmon a rebuild takes time, thanks for the heads up, I did not realize this, hmmm clicks thumb and middle finger darnit they are still not in first place.
I don't really understand your response? Am I missing something here?

McDorian2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2010, 01:08 PM
Declassified
Valkyrie Pedalworks

vCash: 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressure View Post
^^ This.
And this thread is going nowhere.
Agreed

Declassified is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2010, 01:35 PM
HFPM

Send a message via MSN to HFPM
smear verb (ACCUSE)
/smɪər/US pronunciation symbol/smɪr/ v
[T] to publicly accuse someone of something unpleasant, unreasonable or unlikely to be true in order to harm their reputation
She decided to sue for libel after the newspaper smeared her private life.

I think throughout this whole thread, you've really been selling Katz short. He's probably the biggest Oiler fan in the city. It's moronic to suggest that he would lie to fans in such a way to save face.

HFPM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2010, 01:48 PM
Fishy McScales

Quote:
Could you, like, NOT use this emoticon in every single post you make? It gives a very arrogant and demeaning air to everything you say.

Fishy McScales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2010, 02:24 PM
alanschu

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyaddict101 View Post
It was a quick backtrack for the people that were saying Florida owners were all honest and Katz was not.

BUT lets be frank, nowhere in the Florida letter does the owner blame management. In both cases it is pretty obvious that the organizations are blaming everyone but it is not STATED in either case.

It goes under the nice try banner.
Not sure what you're saying here. I'm not saying that Florida's owners are being honest while Katz is not.

Old
02-16-2010, 03:25 PM
hmminvisiblecola1279
there are kids in it

Quote:
I don't really understand your response? Am I missing something here?
I did not understand your original response to my post either, lets leave it at that.

Old
02-16-2010, 03:33 PM
McDorian2
Positional Bias.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmminvisiblecola View Post
I did not understand your original response to my post either, lets leave it at that.
OK, will do oh patient one...I guess actions DO speak louder than words

McDorian2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2010, 04:05 PM
hmminvisiblecola1279
there are kids in it

Quote:
OK, will do oh patient one...I guess actions DO speak louder than words
Whatever floats your boat pal, again you are ASSuming.