HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

What Does The SUN Have Against Katz?

Old
02-12-2010, 05:32 PM
SlowFreshOil*

vCash: 500
What Does The SUN Have Against Katz?

So once again The SUN has started up the anti-Katz propaganda machine with this gem:

http://www.edmontonsun.com/sports/co...49641-sun.html

It's time this POS rag gets put in their place. Especially their "sports" dept. A bunch of long toothed, lard ***** and young know-nothings.

Edmonton's becoming more of a joke by the day.

SlowFreshOil* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2010, 05:35 PM
awesomo
HARD!

its not like the journal is any better, Paula Simmons (or whatever her name is) was pretty anti-arena

awesomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2010, 05:37 PM
jfhlbuffy

Unfortunately, I almost read the whole thing. I stopped when he basically called Eberle and MPS busts.

jfhlbuffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2010, 05:38 PM
Giant Moo

I wouldn't use the Sun to wipe my bottom.

But, fair is fair. This article may have some bad questions, but it also has a lot of valid ones.

Giant Moo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2010, 05:40 PM
joestevens29

vCash: 279
I heard that a bunch of local media is pissed off that Katz doesn't give them the exclusive interviews that they want, instead Katz uses his own shows that he funds.

joestevens29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2010, 05:41 PM
Krut

Jelous that he didn't use tell the sun.

The way both local papers have been reporting the arena plans is so obviously bias it isn't even funny. Why? I don't know, but for whatever reason, anything that involves public money for any kind of sports/entertainment project is seen as demonic by the media. I have yet to see an arena story with any kind of positive slant to it.

Krut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2010, 05:44 PM
SlowFreshOil*

I just canceled my subscription to the Journal. They asked why and I told them their treatment of Katz.

I can get my news from far better sources anyways. The SUN is just an advertising rag with bottom of the barrel "reporters" and "journalists". Their obvious right wing slant doesn't help much either.

Old
02-12-2010, 05:46 PM
SlowFreshOil*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giant Moo View Post
I wouldn't use the Sun to wipe my bottom.

But, fair is fair. This article may have some bad questions, but it also has a lot of valid ones.
Such as?

Old
02-12-2010, 05:46 PM
joestevens29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krut View Post
Jelous that he didn't use tell the sun.

The way both local papers have been reporting the arena plans is so obviously bias it isn't even funny. Why? I don't know, but for whatever reason, anything that involves public money for any kind of sports/entertainment project is seen as demonic by the media. I have yet to see an arena story with any kind of positive slant to it.
From reading twitter I would say that Tencer and Stauffer put a positive vote to the arena, but they are called homers for any opinion in favour of anything the Oilers do. Gregor had positive thoughts on the arena, but he hasn't really written anything and again being on Oilersnation would people call him out?

Old
02-12-2010, 05:48 PM
joestevens29

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowFreshOil View Post
I just canceled my subscription to the Journal. They asked why and I told them their treatment of Katz.

I can get my news from far better sources anyways. The SUN is just an advertising rag with bottom of the barrel "reporters" and "journalists". Their obvious right wing slant doesn't help much either.
I prefer the sun over the journal, but i really don't read any of the hockey related articles in the sun. I have to cancel my journal subscription thanks for the idea.

Old
02-12-2010, 05:48 PM
Dorian2
Positional Bias.

Quote:
So once again The SUN has started up the anti-Katz propaganda machine with this gem:

http://www.edmontonsun.com/sports/co...49641-sun.html

It's time this POS rag gets put in their place. Especially their "sports" dept. A bunch of long toothed, lard ***** and young know-nothings.

Edmonton's becoming more of a joke by the day.
Certain portions are for sure, but not all of Edmonton. You are right though, both the Journal and Sun don't have anything good to say about Katz...As for TV media, I have no clue because I stopped watching the news a while ago. Tired of the same old propaganda

Dorian2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2010, 05:49 PM
GatoradeG*

"What possessed you to give Shawn Horcoff a contract that he could not possibly live up to, putting an enormous and unnecessary burden of expectation on him? "

I really hope that wasn't directed at Katz.

GatoradeG* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2010, 05:50 PM
harpoon
FOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by joestevens29 View Post
From reading twitter I would say that Tencer and Stauffer put a positive vote to the arena, but they are called homers for any opinion in favour of anything the Oilers do. Gregor had positive thoughts on the arena, but he hasn't really written anything and again being on Oilersnation would people call him out?
Tencer took some pretty direct shots at Jones on the air yesterday .

harpoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2010, 05:51 PM
Digger12

I thought the article had some very good questions at the beginning, but near the end it kinda lost me with queries that either would've been more appropriately directed towards Tambellini, or were outright silly, especially regarding MPS and Lander...Van Diest is supposedly the main guy covering the Oilers for the day-to-day stuff, yet by his "has anybody watched them play" jab I can only surmise that he didnt' watch the WJHC.

Digger12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2010, 05:51 PM
deanmoriarty

Why should anyone support Katz? Since he bought the team and promised us a new era of Oilers hockey the team has steadily gotten worse. He's Stalin.

deanmoriarty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2010, 05:52 PM
joestevens29

Quote:
Originally Posted by harpoon View Post
Tencer took some pretty direct shots at Jones on the air yesterday .
I see Willis was taking shots at Tencer today. There is obviously some tension between the guys that can have opinions and the guys that have to watch what they say.

I missed Tencer's shots at Jones, but they were probably justified.

Old
02-12-2010, 05:53 PM
SK13
Mo'Linguish

vCash: 50
What do they have against Katz?

Katz won't play with them. He won't give them information or pal around with them like certain members of the EIG did.

Edmonton's MSM has long been irrelevant.

SK13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2010, 05:53 PM
joestevens29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digger12 View Post
I thought the article had some very good questions at the beginning, but near the end it kinda lost me with queries that either would've been more appropriately directed towards Tambellini, or were outright silly, especially regarding MPS and Lander...Van Diest is supposedly the main guy covering the Oilers for the day-to-day stuff, yet by his "has anybody watched them play" jab I can only surmise that he didnt' watch the WJHC.
It could be only a matter of time where we pull a Canucks and start banning certain media outlets. Guys get mad because they don't get the inside info anymore, but keep it up and they won't get an info from the oilers.

Old
02-12-2010, 05:55 PM
Giant Moo

Quote:
Such as?
They echoed at least two of my previous questions, one regarding how much input he has with personnel decisions, and the second about ticket price increases.

Giant Moo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2010, 05:56 PM
SlowFreshOil*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorian2 View Post
Certain portions are for sure, but not all of Edmonton. You are right though, both the Journal and Sun don't have anything good to say about Katz...As for TV media, I have no clue because I stopped watching the news a while ago. Tired of the same old propaganda
Yes, certain portions are.

Old
02-12-2010, 05:57 PM
Krut

Quote:
It could be only a matter of time where we pull a Canucks and start banning certain media outlets. Guys get mad because they don't get the inside info anymore, but keep it up and they won't get an info from the oilers.
Good. The anti Katz bias is unbearable. For people that
don't follow the oilers on a day to day basis like us, it is easy to indoctrinate them with this propaganda BS.

Krut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2010, 05:58 PM
TigerWoo

Same DEADMONTONION mentallity.

Screw a guy who made his own fortune. We don't need him. Why would we want a guy like that who chooses to live here?

Pathetic

TigerWoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2010, 05:58 PM
SlowFreshOil*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giant Moo View Post
They echoed at least two of my previous questions, one regarding how much input he has with personnel decisions, and the second about ticket price increases.
Well, I'll bet that after his involvement with the Horcoff contract and Heatley situations, he's not as involved as he was before.

Old
02-12-2010, 06:01 PM
TigerWoo

Do people even actually believe that a rich guy like Katz is involved with little day to day things?

Hilarious

People like him don't "Micromanage"

TigerWoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2010, 06:03 PM
Vagabond

Send a message via MSN to Vagabond
Quote:
I heard that a bunch of local media is pissed off that Katz doesn't give them the exclusive interviews that they want, instead Katz uses his own shows that he funds.
Thats how the media runs and operates. Thats why I quit reading MSM news papers. I don't even watch the news often any longer. News isn't news anymore, its entertainment.

Vagabond is offline   Reply With Quote