HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

**** the Flyers

Old
02-13-2010, 01:45 AM
Mike2000z28

vCash: 500
Hey guys, philly fan here but a good competitive game, well after the 2nd period. Flyers never showed up in the third and montreal did and almost pulled it out. Price definitely kept you in the game and played well. Just about the spacek hit, the fans weren't booing him, but the major penalty and as i was watching it on RDS im thinking oh great bad timing for him to get up and skate to the bench while they are announcing the penalties, but anyone who was booing is a dirtbag for an injured player. I think montreal is gonna beat them pretty bad tommorow at home though. Subban looked awesome though. Even though montreal isn't my team, living in montreal and being from philly i still watch them and follow them a bit.

Mike2000z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2010, 01:48 AM
la25ecoupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike2000z28 View Post
Hey guys, philly fan here but a good competitive game, well after the 2nd period. Flyers never showed up in the third and montreal did and almost pulled it out. Price definitely kept you in the game and played well. Just about the spacek hit, the fans weren't booing him, but the major penalty and as i was watching it on RDS im thinking oh great bad timing for him to get up and skate to the bench while they are announcing the penalties, but anyone who was booing is a dirtbag for an injured player. I think montreal is gonna beat them pretty bad tommorow at home though. Subban looked awesome though. Even though montreal isn't my team, living in montreal and being from philly i still watch them and follow them a bit.
U sure you don't wanna convert to a Habs fan? We have God and Jesus on our team.

la25ecoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2010, 01:54 AM
Mike2000z28

nah ill never convert. Philly is my hometown. Besides i hate that damn u2 song everytime the habs score! drives me insane to say the least! We can stop the ole ole while we are at as well. Just get a foghorn and call it a day.

Mike2000z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2010, 02:07 AM
Garo

Quote:
Originally Posted by la25ecoupe View Post
U sure you don't wanna convert to a Habs fan? We have God and Jesus on our team.
And Allah.

Garo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2010, 02:32 AM
habtastic

Quote:
What about Judas Komisarek? We've got it all baby

have to say...in the past 2 months, Price has had his share of crucifixions.

And I used to hate Vertigo, but now when we score a big goal... and i FEEEEEEEEEEL!

OLE ftw...you're jealous.

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2010, 03:11 AM
Pandemic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1865 View Post
This thread highlights some serious maturity in the Hab fanbase...
Yes. Because you're certainly one to talk. Get out of here.

Pandemic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2010, 04:53 AM
not quite yoda

Quote:
JG???

not quite yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2010, 06:24 AM
KeepersDome

I believe the fans were booing because Powe got a 5 minute major for Spacek turning towards the boards at the last moment.

The Flyers would love it if the Canadiens tried to come after them today. That is the Flyers game, and if the Canadiens worry more about getting back at the Flyers, then that plays right into the Flyers hands. They are built for that type of game, the Canadiens are not. The Flyers hope more then anything that the Canadiens worry more about fighting or gloves after the whistle and getting out of position to try for big hits. That is the Flyers game, and the Canadiens would be foolish to try that instead of focusing on scoring goals.

KeepersDome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2010, 07:24 AM
BLONG7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Away KeepersDome View Post
I believe the fans were booing because Powe got a 5 minute major for Spacek turning towards the boards at the last moment.

The Flyers would love it if the Canadiens tried to come after them today. That is the Flyers game, and if the Canadiens worry more about getting back at the Flyers, then that plays right into the Flyers hands. They are built for that type of game, the Canadiens are not. The Flyers hope more then anything that the Canadiens worry more about fighting or gloves after the whistle and getting out of position to try for big hits. That is the Flyers game, and the Canadiens would be foolish to try that instead of focusing on scoring goals.
The flyers game? The flyers game is about running roughshot, and breaking the rules...the refs failed last night for the most part, and just imagine for a second if Moen had done to one of your D what Powe did to Spacek.......the flyers are overrated, and a dirty team...

BLONG7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2010, 07:33 AM
Habs Icing
Formerly Onice

Quote:
We also got the Holy Ghost (PK Subban) now.

Habs Icing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2010, 07:37 AM
Next Best Thing*

Quote:
Originally Posted by onice View Post
We also got the Holy Ghost (PK Subban) now.
Don't forget Moses (metropolit)

I guess I do have a religion after all

Next Best Thing* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2010, 07:44 AM
KeepersDome

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLONG7 View Post
The flyers game? The flyers game is about running roughshot, and breaking the rules...the refs failed last night for the most part, and just imagine for a second if Moen had done to one of your D what Powe did to Spacek.......the flyers are overrated, and a dirty team...
I would really hope that a Flyers D would not put himself in that type of position, making a little pivot at the last second.

I am a little surprised that Hamrlik wasn't more upset at Spacek for putting himself in that position then Powe for finishing his check.

Old
02-13-2010, 07:47 AM
Next Best Thing*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Away KeepersDome View Post
I would really hope that a Flyers D would not put himself in that type of position, making a little pivot at the last second.

I am a little surprised that Hamrlik wasn't more upset at Spacek for putting himself in that position then Powe for finishing his check.
How about you renovate that pos you call an arena, wtf are those vertical rods supporting the glass made out of, titanium? I don't see that anywhere else.

GET OVER THE HIT already, I have no problem with it. It's the fact that he ran his face into something that clearly wasn't glass, a HIT doesn't cause ur HEAD to BLEED.

Last edited by Next Best Thing*: 02-13-2010 at 07:55 AM.
Next Best Thing* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2010, 07:50 AM
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabutie View Post
From what I saw it looked more like he was holding the "towell" on his forehead or the cut area. We'll know more tomorrow morning I guess....Either way losing Spacek is not a big deal at all, easily the most disappointing signing this year.
losing Spacek is a big deal. He's been great for us defensively. The man is second on the team in +/-.

Fish on The Sand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2010, 08:25 AM
KeepersDome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Next Best Thing View Post
How about you renovate that pos you call an arena, wtf are those vertical rods supporting the glass made out of, titanium? I don't see that anywhere else.
I really don't have the money to renovate the stadium.

Old
02-13-2010, 08:27 AM
Theosis
#freegalchenyuk

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish on The Sand View Post
losing Spacek is a big deal. He's been great for us defensively. The man is second on the team in +/-.
Haters are always going to hate. Sure, we brought him here for his shot which he sucks at now, which I'm assuming is because he plays on the wrong side most of the time, but the guy is awesome defensively. Only thing most fans will notice is his shot though.

Theosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2010, 08:38 AM
King Woodballs
**** HFJets

vCash: 375
dammit I missed the game
since tonights is on CBC I will be watching
I saw the highlight of the brawl way to go Gomer

King Woodballs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2010, 08:39 AM
habspinner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabutie View Post
From what I saw it looked more like he was holding the "towell" on his forehead or the cut area. We'll know more tomorrow morning I guess....Either way losing Spacek is not a big deal at all, easily the most disappointing signing this year.
See, it's comments like this I don't understand. You're obviously a very knowledgeable hockey fan, you've been on these boards since 2004 according to your avatar date caption, but I don't know how you can say losing Spacek is not that big of a deal? He's our best +/- defender, and he's often out there against the big lines. Granted his offensive creativity is stymied this year, but that could be easily fixed by him going on his natural side. I don't know if you noticed, but for about 50 seconds last night, PK and Spacek were on the ice at the same time and Spacek played his correct side, he looked very comfortable in those 50 seconds....I think honestly it's time for us to trade Hamrlik.

habspinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2010, 08:44 AM
roy munson
Bon voyage capitaine

Some topics in this thread can be discussed forever and the game tonight will be interesting to watch to say the least. Oh, and the Flyers are to the NHL what Nelson is to the Simpsons. Yeah that's it. The Flyers are Nelson.

roy munson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2010, 08:46 AM
C77

I think almost all non-Flyers fans are tired of seeing players leave the ice unconscious or with head injuries against the Flyers. I'm tired of seeing Hartnell continuously running goaltenders.

So many times the Flyers can hit someone shoulder to chest but they wait for the right vulnerable second and hit people in the head....and while it's not always illegal according to the rules it's still disgusting like Richards-Booth when Richards clearly targeted Booth from across the rink.

It is an organizational issue.

C77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2010, 08:48 AM
BLONG7

Quote:
Originally Posted by C77 View Post
I think almost all non-Flyers fans are tired of seeing players leave the ice unconscious or with head injuries against the Flyers. I'm tired of seeing Hartnell continuously running goaltenders.

So many times the Flyers can hit someone shoulder to chest but they wait for the right vulnerable second and hit people in the head....and while it's not always illegal according to the rules it's still disgusting like Richards-Booth when Richards clearly targeted Booth from across the rink.

What I don't understand is, the league seems to continue to let it happen....

Old
02-13-2010, 08:53 AM
King Woodballs
**** HFJets

vCash: 375
Quote:

Welcome to the Bobby Clarke regime.
He played like that and has been running the orgnaization like that.
He thinks you can intimidate a stanley cup win..... this isnt 1974 anymore
that wont happen again

King Woodballs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2010, 08:54 AM
C77

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLONG7 View Post
What I don't understand is, the league seems to continue to let it happen....
I don't know. I love physical play in hockey but everytime the Bruins play the Flyers there's a dreadful feeling that something like the Hartnell-Alberts incident or the Jones-Bergeron incident is going to occur.

C77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2010, 08:56 AM
BLONG7

Quote:
I don't know. I love physical play in hockey but everytime the Bruins play the Flyers there's a dreadful feeling that something like the Hartnell-Alberts incident or the Jones-Bergeron incident is going to occur.
I like the physical aspect of the game also, but it always seems like the flyers take it to the next level......they should watch their backs, someone is going to give them a taste of their own medicine...

Old
02-13-2010, 10:18 AM
mja
Negative Creep

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Woodballs View Post
Welcome to the Bobby Clarke regime.
He played like that and has been running the orgnaization like that.
He thinks you can intimidate a stanley cup win..... this isnt 1974 anymore
that wont happen again
Clarke hasn't run the team in years.

mja is offline   Reply With Quote