HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Philadelphia Flyers @ Montreal Canadiens - Saturday 13th - 7PM - RDS/CBC

Closed Thread

Old
02-13-2010, 01:07 PM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Souvenirs View Post
If he doesn't have heart, he should go home.

joke, don't jump on me.
hahahah, niiiice

Old
02-13-2010, 01:12 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by Souvenirs View Post
If he doesn't have heart, he should go home.

joke, don't jump on me.
Good one,Price should kick him the garbage can

Old
02-13-2010, 01:15 PM
GordonGraham

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptKirk View Post
Markov won't have any problem playing in the olympics. Two biggest games of the year and he pusses out.
You got that right just like he did in the 2008 playoffs and then went to quebec city and played very well for Team Russia at the worlds

Old
02-13-2010, 01:18 PM
Quarantesix
#Galchenyuk

Come on now Markov was hurt at the first game and come back early to help the team. If he don't play it's because he's hurt and if in one week he's ok to go he sure can play in the Olympic. Don't doubt his dedication and determination

Old
02-13-2010, 01:19 PM
Nidema

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldplay View Post

I feel for all the fans who don't get to go because of boobirds like you who "CAN afford to go".
Your avatar creeps me out.

But I agree, I don't like fans who feel they are entitled to boo something just because they paid for it. But that's just my opinion.

Old
02-13-2010, 01:20 PM
Coldplay
Courage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nidema View Post
Your avatar creeps me out.

But I agree, I don't like fans who feel they are entitled to boo something just because they paid for it. But that's just my opinion.
You are the second person to say it creeps you out. I love it, it's an epic face from Terry O'Quinn in my favourite tv show (Lost).

On topic though...I agree 100% with you as well.

Old
02-13-2010, 01:20 PM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

can this ahl roster pull another one out tonight? How many times can you go to this well before it dries up?

Old
02-13-2010, 01:23 PM
Nidema

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldplay View Post
You are the second person to say it creeps you out. I love it, it's an epic face from Terry O'Quinn in my favourite tv show (Lost).

On topic though...I agree 100% with you as well.
Yea I saw 2 and a half seasons of Lost and I lost interest. I really didn't like Locke the character but I loved the way O'Quinn portrayed him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackett View Post
can this ahl roster pull another one out tonight? How many times can you go to this well before it dries up?
As many times as it takes. Just keep Subby up here. He energizes the crowd singlehandedly. We haven't had a player like that since Kovy and at times Price in his rookie season.

Old
02-13-2010, 01:25 PM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

We can do this!

3-2 Habs.

Subban
Pleks
Gioooooooooooo

Old
02-13-2010, 01:25 PM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
Saw it on the RIS ticker,I believe he will start

And as for Markov it sucks but doesn't surprise me,I know people will get pissed but if he goes and play for Russia I will be pissed

You are payed by the NHL team you play for and if you can't play because of an injury and help out your team in a playoff race then you shouldn't go represent your country in the Olympics couple of days later
For you to insinuate he's dogging it because he values the Russian team more than the Habs is mean. That's tough talk, but do you have detailed knowledge of Markov's injury? Sometimes a day or two of recuperation can make a world of difference. I'm pretty sure Markov would play against the Flyers if he was even close to 100%.

Old
02-13-2010, 01:26 PM
Hermamoud

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonGraham View Post
You got that right just like he did in the 2008 playoffs and then went to quebec city and played very well for Team Russia at the worlds
He played less minutes in the worlds. It's obvious that he'd play better. Also, having Semin, Kovalchuk and Ovechkin in front doesn't hurt.

Old
02-13-2010, 01:27 PM
dustyrockon

:: RANKINGS
Canadiens: 3rd in NE Division - 7th in Conference (64pts - 29-27-6)
Bruins: 3rd in ATL Division - 6th in Conference (65pts - 31-25-3)

You accidently wrote Bruins instead of Flyers.. Unless that was on purpose?

Old
02-13-2010, 01:28 PM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

This team is so fail with our injuries, it's so hard to believe we are still in the mix.

I've love to see what we could achieve 100% healthy.

Old
02-13-2010, 01:29 PM
FlyingKostitsyn

vCash: 827
Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonGraham View Post
Did you even watch him play at the worlds? Korneyev looked better than he did. I was at the finals and kept looking for Markov and the impressions I had were that he was obviously not 100% and that he was rarely on the ice. And then theres the rumor that he was forced to go to the worlds so he could have a spot on the olympic team (doesn't make much sense as Russia would be stupid to leave him out for any reason).

Old
02-13-2010, 01:30 PM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
For you to insinuate he's dogging it because he values the Russian team more than the Habs is mean. That's tough talk, but do you have detailed knowledge of Markov's injury? Sometimes a day or two of recuperation can make a world of difference. I'm pretty sure Markov would play against the Flyers if he was even close to 100%.
I'm not going accuse Markov of anything...

But his horrible play in the last 15 games makes me wonder if he has been "saving" himself for the Olympics.

Old
02-13-2010, 01:31 PM
Nidema

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
Not to mention he worked really hard at rehab to come back to the lineup early. But maybe he did it just so he would get named to the Olympic team? Who knows. Who knows.

One thing is clear to me, until Markov starts dominating in the playoffs, I'm still a bit hesitant to give him captaincy.

Old
02-13-2010, 01:32 PM
Slick Nick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggsy View Post
Yes I know it is, but Montreal is paying him alot to be in our lineup if he is able
Speaking of a guy that came back a month earlier than expected after a tendon laceration.

Old
02-13-2010, 01:33 PM
22Brad Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
Losing tonight will hurt us big time especially with all the games others have in hand on us.Gotta find a way to beat the flyers in regulation.I hope we come out flying not dead like we were for most of last night.Oh and stay the **** out of the box!

GO GO
smartest post yet.were coming .

Old
02-13-2010, 01:34 PM
markov`

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGRB View Post
I'm not going accuse Markov of anything...

But his horrible play in the last 15 games makes me wonder if he has been "saving" himself for the Olympics.
that's total BS. You can't play hockey while "saving" yourself. When you're on the ice you give it all.

Old
02-13-2010, 01:37 PM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

Quote:
Originally Posted by markov` View Post
that's total BS. You can't play hockey while "saving" yourself. When you're on the ice you give it all.
Wow.

A guy named Markov defending his horrible play the past 15 games, I have to say that's surprising.

Watch the games, check his game logs, the proof is in the pudding. He's been mediocre at best since the New Year.

Old
02-13-2010, 01:38 PM
dfk711*
The real #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackett View Post
If they play like they played the 3rd period yesterday then yes (not including the penalties taken)

Old
02-13-2010, 01:39 PM
Lord Chezz

Quote:
Wow.

A guy named Markov defending his horrible play the past 15 games, I have to say that's surprising.

Watch the games, check his game logs, the proof is in the pudding. He's been mediocre at best since the New Year.
I think you're grasping for straws...

Old
02-13-2010, 01:39 PM
Slick Nick

Quote:
Wow.

How about you switch to baseball.. since obviously you don't understand hockey at all.

Old
02-13-2010, 01:40 PM
FlyingKostitsyn

vCash: 827
Quote:
Wow.

You're right he hasn't been playing well but is it because he is ''saving himself''? Players can't really do that, same with the BS that ''players don't want to play for Price''. When they hit the ice, they don't think about the olympics or who's in net, they try their best and the result depend on a number of factors.

Markov's head : ''ok I should make a terrible pass, I mean THINK OF THE OLYMPICS ANDREI!''
or
Lapierre's head : ''Price is in net... I'll let the ****** fend for himself and stop backchecking LOL''
or
Price's head : ''I wonder who's going going to win serie Quebec Montreal tommor... *Pronger 20ft slapper followed by goal horn* OH DAMMIT GUYS!''

I doubt players are this distracted. You don't think of your wife, your grocery and the coach's new wierd tie while you're on the ice, you have practical thoughts about the game and try to stay focused.

Last edited by FlyingKostitsyn: 02-13-2010 at 01:47 PM.
Old
02-13-2010, 01:41 PM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick Nick View Post
How about you switch to baseball.. since obviously you don't understand hockey at all.
I love how Markov gets excused for everything on this board... You guys are hilarious.

Last 18 games

0g,7a,-5.

Is that up to his abilities? No it isn't, thus, he's been mediocre.Truth hard to swallow?

Closed Thread