HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Carolina Hurricanes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The line must be drawn HERE - 2/13/10 - Canes vs. Devils - 7 PM, FS-Carolinas (HD)

Old
02-13-2010, 10:41 AM
Sens1Canes2

vCash: 500
Just visited the NJ GDT. Obviously public schools aren't as effective up there. Poor kids.

Sens1Canes2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2010, 11:22 AM
WhiteTrashAmerican
WHY DID IT END

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sens1Canes2 View Post
Just visited the NJ GDT. Obviously public schools aren't as effective up there. Poor kids.
I wasn't aware that they had schools there...anyways it looks like the roads are not bad so I will be in attendance tonight.

WhiteTrashAmerican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2010, 11:36 AM
Blueline Bomber
Expectations - high

[IMG]http://www.nothingcorporate.com/images/new_jersey_**********.jpg[/IMG]

I cannot believe people actually look like that. Do they not have mirrors in Jersey?

Blueline Bomber is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2010, 11:38 AM
imayagainknowanson
Jailbait

I can't stand Devils fans here too. / most of them /

They are much worse than Bruins arrogant jerks.

imayagainknowanson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2010, 11:38 AM
WhiteTrashAmerican
WHY DID IT END

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueline Bomber View Post
I cannot believe people actually look like that. Do they not have mirrors in Jersey?
Correction EVERYONE in New Jersey looks like that

Old
02-13-2010, 11:43 AM
Blueline Bomber
Expectations - high

I'm being completely serious. How do you wake up in the morning, do...THAT...to yourself and feel comfortable enough to leave the house?

Of course, if everyone up there looks like that, there's really no comparison to see what they're doing is wrong. Sad.

Maybe all that smog is just messing with their heads.

Blueline Bomber is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2010, 11:45 AM
DaveG
Mod Supervisor
RIP Kev

vCash: 2498
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleCooper View Post
Wrong.

All people from New Jersey wear muscle shirts, leather jackets, have pompadours with handfuls of gel, and enjoy spending their free time tanning, posing for the camera, and beating women.

All people from North Carolina wear no shirts, have no teeth, and enjoy spending their free time distilling moonshine, fantasizing about what it would be like to know how to read, and planning how they are going to get ma and the kids down from the mountain on the horse and buggy so they can get to the NASCAR race.

These are indisputable facts.
Wait wait wait. Does low quality home brewing count instead of distilling moonshine? If so I'm still good.

DaveG is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2010, 12:12 PM
JimEIV

I don't know....I'm from New Jersey all my life...I really don't know anybody like those people and I went to highschool were some of those people in the video said they were from (wayne NJ)...

Most of my friends enjoy the outdoors, hunting, fishing....I guess I just hungout with a more hippy/natrual type crowd.

Big beards, plaid wool lots of home made beer was more my type of people.

Edit:
And we "dipped" also -- Cope was big....I guess I'm the redneck

JimEIV is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2010, 12:16 PM
WhiteTrashAmerican
WHY DID IT END

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimEIV View Post
I don't know....I'm from New Jersey all my life...I really don't know anybody like those people and I went to highschool were some of those people in the video said they were from (wayne NJ)...

Most of my friends enjoy the outdoors, hunting, fishing....I guess I just hungout with a more hippy/natrual type crowd.

Big beards, plaid wool lots of home made beer was more my type of people.

Edit:
And we "dipped" also -- Cope was big....I guess I'm the redneck
You have to know where to go, during the day they rest in the tanning booths. As soon as the moon comes up look in any local trashy clubs, or just listen for crappy club music.

Old
02-13-2010, 12:21 PM
What the Faulk
The Real Swede Shady

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRAINIAC View Post
God damnit! The NJ GDT is probably the most condescending, arrogant, insulting GDTs I've ever seen. what a bunch of ********! I guess they can do whatever they want on their board but that's ****ing garbage. No need for that at all. But fight fire with fire I say. Keep 'em coming boys. This season has sucked but as long as we beat certain teams, that will make me happy.
Seriously. It's as if they've never heard of civility. I know most if not all GDTs here on this board talk about the game or some silly meme and hardly if ever mention the opposing fanbase. Makes me wish that the Canes go on a run and grab the 8 seed to face the Devils in the first round, because we all know what would inevitably happen. Doesn't matter if they get absolutely demolished in the 2nd.

What the Faulk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2010, 12:25 PM
JimEIV

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloveSave View Post
You have to know where to go, during the day they rest in the tanning booths. As soon as the moon comes up look in any local trashy clubs, or just listen for crappy club music.
More My scene....This is my New Jersey

Old
02-13-2010, 12:33 PM
MoreOrr
B4

If the Hurricanes can win this game, against what is a significant rival, that will leave 21 more games after the Olympic break... Do you think that they will then have a reasonable chance of possibly climbing their way into a Playoff spot?

A 9-1 run is the sign of a strong team, and if they win this one that's what they'll have. Imagine, Hurricanes vs Capitals, 1st Round... I'd love to see Ward stone the Capitals.

Of course I'm hoping for the Bruins to finish higher and not have to face the Capitals in the 1st Round.

Last edited by MoreOrr: 02-13-2010 at 12:46 PM.
MoreOrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2010, 12:42 PM
What the Faulk
The Real Swede Shady

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoreOrr View Post
If the Hurricanes can win this game, against what is a significant rival, that will leave 21 more games after the Olympic break... Do you think that they will then have a reasonable chance of possibly climbing their way into a Playoff spot?

A 9-1 run is the sign of a strong team, and if they win this one that's what they'll have. Imagine, Hurricanes vs Capitals, 1st Round... I'd love to see Ward stone the Capitals.
Well, they'd be 9-2, but it's possible. They'd be 9 back of the Canadiens with a game in hand. It'd be a lot more possible if they didn't drop those two very winnable games against the Oilers and Flames a few weeks ago.

The only problem is, they'll have to go on another 9-2 run after the break to even be in the discussion.

Last edited by What the Faulk: 02-13-2010 at 12:49 PM.
Old
02-13-2010, 12:52 PM
ASUhockeychick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caniac12 View Post
Picard can't make it due to immigration issues per JR yesterday on 99.9
I was wondering if anyone could shed some light on what the issue might be because it's not like this is the first time he's had to cross the border to play a game. I don't really understand what players have to go through when they cross the border for games but they do it all of the time so I don't really see what could be the issue now.

ASUhockeychick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2010, 12:56 PM
Guerzy
ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ ︵ SƖ ןɥu ɐǝ

vCash: 50
Our top 6 look good.The Whitney - Staal - Jokinen line has been great. Looking forward to seeing the Boychuk - Sutter - Ruutu line. Could be a good one.

Guerzy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2010, 12:57 PM
Canes4me

I'm not 100% positive, but I believe it is the same problem Tlusty had. Employment by an American Company while being a citizen of another country. He was a Canadian citizen working for a Canadian company and the process changes somewhat when a Canadian citizen works for a US organization.

Canes4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2010, 12:57 PM
Sasha Cares
28 mph!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sam View Post
Well, they'd be 9-2, but it's possible. They'd be 9 back of the Canadiens with a game in hand. It'd be a lot more possible if they didn't drop those two very winnable games against the Oilers and Flames a few weeks ago.

The only problem is, they'll have to go on another 9-2 run after the break to even be in the discussion.
If we get 2 or 3 points on that trip out there, I think we would make the playoffs... If we miss by 2-3 points, those two games will look really bad... Hell, we'd be 7-8 out... Ugh

Sasha Cares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2010, 01:05 PM
MoreOrr
B4

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sam View Post

Well, let's see... the average number of points gained by the 8 teams ahead of them, from position 6 on down, over the past 10 games is between 9 and 10 pts. Assuming that trend continues, then in 10 games after the break, the 8th spot wouldn't have more than 73 pts. If Carolina wins tonight then they'll have 55 pts. Assuming Carolina could win 7 of the first 10 after the break, and possibly also pick up 1 Tie point, then that would give them 70 pts, with still another 11 games to go.

I don't see a 9-2 run after the break as being absolutely necessary, if the teams ahead of them don't pick up the pace. If the Hurricanes can get themselves within 4 pts of a Playoff spot with 10 games to go, that could certainly give them a shot.

MoreOrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2010, 01:07 PM
Citizen Cane
Honoring AAC/11th AF

Hope Peters has another good showing in net. One last win before the exodus of the remaining guys would be nice. Once more into the breach for the 2009-10 squad.

On the GDT comments, the funny (and probably Freudian) thing about NJ and Carolina is that we have a lot in common. We both get a lot of undeserved stereotyping, we both catch a lot of crap for having good franchises and attendance issues, we both have beautiful areas in our states but the average joe thinks its all crime-ridden streets and traffic cones in one, and shacks and moonshine and Dukes of Hazzard in another.

The reality is very different, and we constantly have to be on the defensive.

Citizen Cane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2010, 01:11 PM
What the Faulk
The Real Swede Shady

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoreOrr View Post
Well, let's see... the average number of points gained by the 8 teams ahead of them, from position 6 on down, over the past 10 games is between 9 and 10 pts. Assuming that trend continues, then in 10 games after the break, the 8th spot wouldn't have more than 73 pts. If Carolina wins tonight then they'll have 55 pts. Assuming Carolina could win 7 of the first 10 after the break, and possibly also pick up 1 Tie point, then that would give them 70 pts, with still another 11 games to go.

I don't see a 9-2 run after the break as being absolutely necessary, if the teams ahead of them don't pick up the pace. If the Hurricanes can get themselves within 4 pts of a Playoff spot with 10 games to go, that could certainly give them a shot.
I'm going to go out on a limb and say if they close it to 4 at any point with more than 3 to go, they'll close the deal. The only problem is getting over the current hump. They've got so many teams to pass and it feels like they've been 10-12 back forever.

Old
02-13-2010, 01:46 PM
BrodeurRULES
RIP Lokomotiv

You guys really gotta stop posting pic of NY/Long Island guidos thats not very nice.

Last edited by BrodeurRULES: 02-13-2010 at 02:48 PM.
BrodeurRULES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2010, 01:52 PM
Devils Unseen Hand

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimEIV View Post
More My scene....This is my New Jersey

Hey Jim, I'm originally from Pompton Lakes. What part of the Delaware River did you catch that bad boy at? Did you Fly-Fish for him? Mepps Spinner? Salmon Eggs?

Regarding our "crappy music" there are as many Southern Rockers & Country Music fans here in NJ as there is down in your parts. I personally had a brief "romantic encounter" with Alison Krauss very early in her career. Sweet gal.

Devils Unseen Hand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2010, 02:06 PM
Caniac4ever

vCash: 1436
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleCooper View Post
(For what it's worth I laughed my ass off at some of the pics in that NJ thread. Also, I unfortunately may be living in New Jersey next year.)
I laughed my tail off at their thread too! You've just gotta take it as a joke no matter if they meant it to be or not... In my humble opinion, going over to their board and telling them off is only making matters worse. It's there GDT. If you can't laugh it off, don't go there.

I'm really in hopes for a win tonight. Eventually we'll come back to our senses and start tanking again, but we'll have plenty of time after the Olympic break to do that... My sad stat of the day: after tonight's game we only have 10 more home games this season. As sucky as this season has been at times, I'm definitely not ready for it to about be over...

Caniac4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2010, 02:17 PM
JimEIV

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mad Crapper View Post
Hey Jim, I'm originally from Pompton Lakes. What part of the Delaware River did you catch that bad boy at? Did you Fly-Fish for him? Mepps Spinner? Salmon Eggs?

Regarding our "crappy music" there are as many Southern Rockers & Country Music fans here in NJ as there is down in your parts. I personally had a brief "romantic encounter" with Alison Krauss very early in her career. Sweet gal.
That is not me...It was caught fly fishing near the Gap.

Old
02-13-2010, 02:19 PM
StormCast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caniac4ever View Post
I laughed my tail off at their thread too! You've just gotta take it as a joke no matter if they meant it to be or not... In my humble opinion, going over to their board and telling them off is only making matters worse. It's there GDT. If you can't laugh it off, don't go there.
It's the clash of the misinformed stereotypes: Guidos vs. Goobers.

StormCast is offline   Reply With Quote