HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

I got a new Triggerman:Easton S19

Old
02-14-2010, 04:01 PM
Maupin Fan
Hot Air

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brentbreakaway23 View Post
The reviewer from Hockeyus said that the non-grip version weighed in at 460 grams. The grip model was 465 grams. And, he weighs them himself before reviewing.

Highly believable. It's not a heavy stick by any means.

I don't quite get where you're coming off with the anti-S19 attitude. Or the implication that Easton is behind the curve(no pun intended), or lies about it's products but so far I don't believe much of what you're saying.

You can FF the clip to 4:06-4:17 and see what he says about his weighed results:
I think you're kind of missing the point. As far as sticks that you or I can buy, the s19 is a great stick, performs well and is light. One of the best retail on the market.

Dons point is that every single pro that uses an s19 (or one painted like one) is using nothing like what you have or what that review was about.

Pro stock sticks are made lighter and differently than retail sticks. Easton was having durability issues with the elliptical taper of its s17s when it first came out, thus, pro stock s17s were made without that taper. They used a standard one, like the Kozlov s17 I have used. I have also used a pro stock Kovalchuk Dolomite and it is nothing like the retail version I have used; different from its weight to the marked flex rating, with the pro stock having a 105 flex instead of the goofy 200 to 320 or whatever.

Also, when Don says they are using painted ST's, they arent using the 520 gram retail version, nothing even close.

Like I said before, you are far off base about Bauer sticks and pros. I would guess that the one95 is the number one or definitely one or two (with the se16) most used stick in the NHL.

Maupin Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2010, 04:03 PM
Maupin Fan
Hot Air

Quote:
Originally Posted by donGjohnson View Post
Nothing's wrong with it, but it's about 7 years old now and still their only really durable stick that isn't filled with fiberglass. C'mon Easton, get with it! Where are the days of the CNT Stealth, Green ST and Silver Synergy when they lead the industry? They're charging enough $$$ for these sticks to at least put new tech into them.
Go to SportChek in Mississauga and you can still find a surprisingly good selection of CNT Stealths.

Maupin Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2010, 04:48 PM
NigelSPNKr
#SavetheGoons

vCash: 164
Some shops are still selling the S19 for 319ish $ Canadian

NigelSPNKr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2010, 05:22 PM
McMonster

Quote:
Originally Posted by cptjeff View Post
And LaserShot- Canadian or US dollars?
U.S Dollars... I have an X:60 also but it might be the worst stick I've ever used. My se16 broke so thats the only reason why I bought this. I can't use the X:60, it's absolutely terrible.

McMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2010, 06:31 PM
wondeROY

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaserShot28 View Post
U.S Dollars... I have an X:60 also but it might be the worst stick I've ever used. My se16 broke so thats the only reason why I bought this. I can't use the X:60, it's absolutely terrible.
Just curious, what dont you like about the x60?

wondeROY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2010, 08:01 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

I'm curious to try an Easton with the elliptical. Although going through all my sticks, I'd loge something with a whippy flex at the handle (like maybe those tps models). Or the oggie grip.

Of all my sticks the one with the most kick to it is a broken 7k with a bauer blade and a 4" plug. I wonder if that plug flexes the top of the stick more to gie it that kick.

Jarick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2010, 10:39 PM
McMonster

Quote:
Originally Posted by wondeROY View Post
Just curious, what dont you like about the x60?
too soft... and I was using the same flex as I would use with my se16... It felt like I was shooting with a wet newspaper.

McMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2010, 03:30 PM
Webernaut

Quote:
too soft... and I was using the same flex as I would use with my se16... It felt like I was shooting with a wet newspaper.
With the change in kick points on the X60 it feels funky. Step up in flex and it's money. I played with a 87 flex until the X60 came out and now I have it in 102 cut to 107.

Webernaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2010, 07:27 PM
thedonger

Quote:
you feel the x60 plays soft for the stated flex? interesting, as i've actually been hearing the opposite. that's actually one of the reason i took it off my list. now i may need to consider it again.

thedonger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2010, 11:45 PM
Heat McManus

Quote:
You've got to be kidding right? A repainted Easton ST? LOL. Not even close to the same thing in looks, how it's put together or anything much else except by other than who makes it.

There are a bunch of NHLers using STs painted as S19s.

Heat McManus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2010, 01:00 AM
BadHammy*
MSL For Hart!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heat McManus View Post
Yeah, I've had a couple of those... The ST is a really durable stick, no doubt, just kind of heavy coming from higher level stuff.

BadHammy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2010, 06:16 AM
Pierre Gotye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heat McManus View Post
I was watching USA/SUI last night and the first three players the camera panned in on the bench all had S19's.

They weren't ST's either, there's a clear visual difference between the two sticks(and it's not paint). So I'm not quite sure where the two of you are coming from.

Pierre Gotye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2010, 03:37 PM
jsykes

How about that? Its Malkin with an S19 that is clearly NOT an S19 as it does not have the elliptical shaft, its quite obviously square.

Link if photo isnt showing. http://www.gettyimages.com/detail/96...-Hockey-League

jsykes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2010, 05:33 PM
thedonger

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsykes View Post

How about that? Its Malkin with an S19 that is clearly NOT an S19 as it does not have the elliptical shaft, its quite obviously square.

Link if photo isnt showing. http://www.gettyimages.com/detail/96...-Hockey-League
but, but, the stick clearly says S19 on it so there's obviously no way it's an ST

thedonger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2010, 05:56 PM
Pierre Gotye

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedonger View Post
but, but, the stick clearly says S19 on it so there's obviously no way it's an ST

Sure looks like one to me. Wow, this game is fun!

Must be a fake!

Of course, it has to be a re-paint!

Old
02-17-2010, 06:04 PM
BadHammy*
MSL For Hart!

Oh my God, kid. Do you know what elliptical means? Elliptical doesn't mean ANY taper, it's a specific type. Have you had a retail s17? Go look at it. You just posted pictures of a normal taper. Please, stop talking. Those pictures are NOT elliptical tapers, they are almost clearly se16's or st's. I can spot those two a mile away.

Old
02-17-2010, 06:09 PM
jsykes

Additionally, no one said that NO ONE was using real S19s. All that was said was that there are A LOT of people using sticks other than an S19 that is painted like it.

Go for it, I'm sure you can find some photos of real S19s out there, you're the one saying people were out of their mind saying that there were repaints. I showed a photo to say they do exist.

Go enjoy your S19, hope there are a lot of goals in it for you.

Hard for me to tell on the first two, but those last two you posted definitely looked like squared tapers to me.

Old
02-17-2010, 06:12 PM
BadHammy*
MSL For Hart!

Quote:
Additionally, no one said that NO ONE was using real S19s. All that was said was that there are A LOT of people using sticks other than an S19 that is painted like it.

Go for it, I'm sure you can find some photos of real S19s out there, you're the one saying people were out of their mind saying that there were repaints. I showed a photo to say they do exist.

Go enjoy your S19, hope there are a lot of goals in it for you.

Hard for me to tell on the first two, but those last two you posted definitely looked like squared tapers to me.
They were almost certainly all traditional tapers. Yeah, I'm sure a few players are using retail S19's, I've seen a few players use retail 10k sticks as well, but I mean literally a few...

Old
02-17-2010, 06:19 PM
Pierre Gotye

LOL. This is a depth perception thing. Considering the both of you don't own one, because it looks like a tapered end, doesn't mean it's not elliptical. I can hold my stick at the right angle and it might look tapered too.

Old
02-17-2010, 06:23 PM
RinkRat6671

congrats on the purchase. I'd like to hear what you think of it!

RinkRat6671 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2010, 06:27 PM
Pierre Gotye

Quote:
Originally Posted by RinkRat6671 View Post
congrats on the purchase. I'd like to hear what you think of it!
The stick is just fine! The drivel about the stick not being it's properly advertised dimensions are a bit more than off the base.

I like the feedback from the puck the stick gives me. Passing and shooting seems better to me as well.

Overall, I think it's a well made stick. I am happy with it so far. If you want a 10K, X:60, or 8.0.8, or something else go for it. I'm not going to tell you, it's a re-paint or not it's advertised weight or performance.

Old
02-17-2010, 06:30 PM
jsykes

Quote:
LOL. This is a depth perception thing. Considering the both of you don't own one, because it looks like a tapered end, doesn't mean it's not elliptical. I can hold my stick at the right angle and it might look tapered too.
Actually, you have no idea what I own and what I dont, I've never posted it here.

That said, I do know the difference between an elliptical taper and a normal taper and a non-tapered shaft.

But hey, if you feel better about your purchase if you think every S19 out there is a real one, go for it. More power to you. I'd just recommend against buying a bunch of pro-stock S19s for fear you may not get what you think you're getting.

Old
02-17-2010, 06:35 PM
Pierre Gotye

Quote:
Actually, you have no idea what I own and what I dont, I've never posted it here.

That said, I do know the difference between an elliptical taper and a normal taper and a non-tapered shaft.

But hey, if you feel better about your purchase if you think every S19 out there is a real one, go for it. More power to you. I'd just recommend against buying a bunch of pro-stock S19s for fear you may not get what you think you're getting.
I can hold my stick in the same angles that are in those pictures and they might look like a tapered shaft to someone who's already made up his mind.

Fact of the matter is the human eye, and it's depth perception with rounded angles on dark surfaces in photographs taken from several feet away may give one a deceiving look. It might even look tapered, rather than elliptical.

I didn't buy a Pro-stock S19, I got the real deal...elliptical shaft and all.

Old
02-17-2010, 07:27 PM
BadHammy*
MSL For Hart!

Wow, just wow. Record setting levels of ignorance abound with this guy... Then again, I make money and look smarter when other people are ignorant, so I hope he keeps at it

Old
02-17-2010, 07:41 PM
Pierre Gotye

Quote:
Originally Posted by donGjohnson View Post
Wow, just wow. Record setting levels of ignorance abound with this guy... Then again, I make money and look smarter when other people are ignorant, so I hope he keeps at it
Hey Boy(if I can be your kid, you can be my boy)Go grab the stick and hold it at the angles shown above. In the right setting it looks tapered. I've already told you this.

The fact of the matter is you can't really tell the difference in the elliptical/tapered part of the stick without a closer view. I can take my stick and photograph it in ways where it will look tapered.

You can go pimp those X:60 sticks all you want, or whatever you wish all you want. Even though one person said he didn't like them, and another article disputed them.

I'm not here to crash your threads. I'm not asking (or for that matter inviting you) to do so in mine. So go be an expert on whatever it is you do, and please get out of my thread.

If you want to continue to badmouth me than keep them in your useless PM's, just like the last one you sent me.