HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Emery

View Poll Results: Is Emery a Flyer next year ?
Yes 24 57.14%
No 18 42.86%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-23-2010, 10:36 PM
  #1
SchennSational1022*
The Future
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Long Island New York
Country: United States
Posts: 3,281
vCash: 500
Emery

Barring Emery's injury and Homer now saying his status is still "unknown", what happens if Emery is out for the year?

Do we still re-sign him for a cheap price in the off season? Or do you get Turco this year then according to his play we could let him walk in the off season. I don't see us getting Turco because what salary are we going to send back? Hartnell won't waive, nor Briere.

Question for the poll, Is Emery a Flyer next year if he is out for the year, which is becoming more imminent?

SchennSational1022* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2010, 10:44 PM
  #2
1865
Registered User
 
1865's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Chester, UK
Country: England
Posts: 10,200
vCash: 500
I get the impression that Holmgren doesn't like to be proven wrong and can be rather stubborn on the issue. Emery will get a couple more years unless he's finished for the season now.

1865 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2010, 01:26 AM
  #3
Haute Couturier
Registered User
 
Haute Couturier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 6,046
vCash: 500
No he will not be back. Holmgren can't afford to take a risk on him as the starter again.

I could see him signing Turco this offseason if he will sign to a cheap enough deal.

Haute Couturier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2010, 06:29 AM
  #4
jb**
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Planet Lovetron
Country: Italy
Posts: 8,556
vCash: 500
probably be back as they will take the cheap wing a prayer way to solve their goaltending issues. Still laughing shooter gave boucher a 2 yera deal for 950k, that is priceless.

jb** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2010, 06:56 AM
  #5
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American
 
JLHockeyKnight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: North Central Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 19,438
vCash: 500
There's a couple decent goaltenders out on the market, including Marty Biron again, which assuming the Isles stick with DiPietro/Roloson (at least I would) he'll be free. Also, Turco, Budaj, Hedberg and Theodore are free. With some decent goalies on the market, I think there's a possibility that they might explore some options before going to Emery. I don't think any team is going to bust down the doors to go directly after Emery. At a minimum I'm expecting the Flyers to look into signing him later in the summer.

JLHockeyKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2010, 07:22 AM
  #6
DeadPhish5858
Rumham!
 
DeadPhish5858's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: the Shade
Country: United States
Posts: 13,477
vCash: 800
Send a message via AIM to DeadPhish5858
If he does resign it will probably be for cheap, so I'm for it.

DeadPhish5858 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2010, 07:51 AM
  #7
Morinisbear
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Schwenksville?, PA
Posts: 957
vCash: 500
I think they sign him, even if it is as a backup...

Morinisbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2010, 10:29 AM
  #8
Valhoun*
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: West Chester, PA
Posts: 10,311
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Valhoun*
There are a lot of people paying attention to Emery's Poll.

Valhoun* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2010, 10:37 AM
  #9
RIPRichardsCarter
Registered User
 
RIPRichardsCarter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,954
vCash: 500
What is the market for goalies in the offseason?


I think it truly depends on what he does from here on out. If he plays well/shows he can be a starter, then we will bring him back because he is a cheap option. If he is injured or looks shaken, we will go our separate ways.

RIPRichardsCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2010, 10:48 AM
  #10
Haute Couturier
Registered User
 
Haute Couturier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 6,046
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quacker912 View Post
What is the market for goalies in the offseason?


I think it truly depends on what he does from here on out. If he plays well/shows he can be a starter, then we will bring him back because he is a cheap option. If he is injured or looks shaken, we will go our separate ways.
The market is not much better than last year. The UFA class will be headlined by Nabokov, Turco, and Rinne. Nabokov and Rinne will likely be re-signed by their current teams so it's likely the market will just be an aging Turco and a pile of mediocrity.

I think it's very much doubtful that Emery plays another game this season.

Haute Couturier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2010, 10:51 AM
  #11
LEIFey
Context Matters!
 
LEIFey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Ann Arbor, MI
Country: United States
Posts: 7,434
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to LEIFey
Hopefully we can dump boucher and keep Emery as a backup. Of course, this depends on the Flyers finding a new starter.

LEIFey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2010, 11:28 AM
  #12
RIPRichardsCarter
Registered User
 
RIPRichardsCarter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,954
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Libertine View Post
The market is not much better than last year. The UFA class will be headlined by Nabokov, Turco, and Rinne. Nabokov and Rinne will likely be re-signed by their current teams so it's likely the market will just be an aging Turco and a pile of mediocrity.

I think it's very much doubtful that Emery plays another game this season.
Ouch. Looks like we'll be trading for a goalie if we don't resign Emery.


If people truly believe (and the Flyers believe) that Emery won't be playing the rest of the season, we NEED to get a goalie. Leighton is average and I believe it will show BIG TIME in the playoffs.

RIPRichardsCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2010, 11:56 AM
  #13
ELab2
Registered User
 
ELab2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Atlantic City
Country: United States
Posts: 5,350
vCash: 500
Markets bad but I think they replace him after the Olympics and stick with who they get

ELab2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2010, 12:00 PM
  #14
BWAVgal
Believe in Hextall
 
BWAVgal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Norristown, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 3,039
vCash: 50
No, he won't be.

BWAVgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2010, 12:40 PM
  #15
CharlieGirl
Summer
 
CharlieGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Kitchener, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 30,165
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Libertine View Post
The market is not much better than last year. The UFA class will be headlined by Nabokov, Turco, and Rinne. Nabokov and Rinne will likely be re-signed by their current teams so it's likely the market will just be an aging Turco and a pile of mediocrity.

I think it's very much doubtful that Emery plays another game this season.
Take Rinne right off the list - he signed an extension with Nashville.

Wow, it's a bit of a wasteland of goalies out there right now...

CharlieGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2010, 12:52 PM
  #16
HoverCarle*
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,859
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to HoverCarle*
He probably will be a Flyer. Hopefully we get someone to 1A 1B with him

HoverCarle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2010, 12:56 PM
  #17
JCameron418
Registered User
 
JCameron418's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,448
vCash: 500
Bring Esche Back...

JCameron418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2010, 01:14 PM
  #18
dbr2
Lockout Beard
 
dbr2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 9,346
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to dbr2
Is Ellis out there?

dbr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2010, 01:21 PM
  #19
peteo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Glenolden
Country: United States
Posts: 298
vCash: 500
Hartnell won't waive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain richie18 View Post
Barring Emery's injury and Homer now saying his status is still "unknown", what happens if Emery is out for the year?

Do we still re-sign him for a cheap price in the off season? Or do you get Turco this year then according to his play we could let him walk in the off season. I don't see us getting Turco because what salary are we going to send back? Hartnell won't waive, nor Briere.

Question for the poll, Is Emery a Flyer next year if he is out for the year, which is becoming more imminent?
Maybe Homer will.

peteo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2010, 01:54 PM
  #20
Haute Couturier
Registered User
 
Haute Couturier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 6,046
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quacker912 View Post
Ouch. Looks like we'll be trading for a goalie if we don't resign Emery.


If people truly believe (and the Flyers believe) that Emery won't be playing the rest of the season, we NEED to get a goalie. Leighton is average and I believe it will show BIG TIME in the playoffs.
I wonder if the Flyers would try to get Vokoun in the summer if Florida hasn't dealt him by then.

I agree we need to get a goalie, but I think there's a chance we end up with nothing. The market isn't that appealing and the Flyers are short on cap space, picks, and prospect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_Girl View Post
Take Rinne right off the list - he signed an extension with Nashville.

Wow, it's a bit of a wasteland of goalies out there right now...
It looks like our only legitimate option for a legit #1 on the market will be an aging Turco.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbr2 View Post
Is Ellis out there?
Yes, Ellis will be UFA assuming Nashville doesn't re-sign him. Personally I'd be underwhelmed if they sign him.

Haute Couturier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2010, 02:14 PM
  #21
dbr2
Lockout Beard
 
dbr2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 9,346
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to dbr2
Resign Nitty?

Emery/Nitty

Turco-No
Nabby-Sharks will grab him, book it.
Theodore-No thanks

Chris Mason-Sign but I think he stays in St. Louis
Ellis-I'd sign for a year.

That's all who I'd be for looking at.

dbr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2010, 02:43 PM
  #22
JCameron418
Registered User
 
JCameron418's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,448
vCash: 500
Is Hextall still a free agent? I bet we could get him out of that suit in LA and back into some goalie pads...

JCameron418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2010, 03:29 PM
  #23
Garbage Goal
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 18,400
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLHockeyKnight View Post
There's a couple decent goaltenders out on the market, including Marty Biron again, which assuming the Isles stick with DiPietro/Roloson (at least I would) he'll be free. Also, Turco, Budaj, Hedberg and Theodore are free. With some decent goalies on the market, I think there's a possibility that they might explore some options before going to Emery. I don't think any team is going to bust down the doors to go directly after Emery. At a minimum I'm expecting the Flyers to look into signing him later in the summer.
Every one of those goalies is arguably worse then Emery. Or at least just as average.

Teams aren't going to be busting down doors to sign Emery, but the same can be said of every other goalie you mentioned. Except for Roloson, but I doubt the Isles let him leave anyway.

Personally, I want to dump Boucher somehow. If that's possible then I would like to re-sign Emery at a cheap rate (barring any injuries that could prevent us from doing so) and go after a Halak/Biron type goalie.

Garbage Goal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2010, 05:18 PM
  #24
RIPRichardsCarter
Registered User
 
RIPRichardsCarter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,954
vCash: 500
I wish we could draft goalies...

RIPRichardsCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2010, 05:20 PM
  #25
Vikke
ViktorAllvin twitter
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Vimmerby, Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 13,683
vCash: 685
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quacker912 View Post
I wish we could draft goalies...
It's looking better with both Riopel and Joacim Ericsson. Ericsson looks really solid in Sweden, hopefully he'll be over for an AHL starting role next season, but I think they'll keep him in Sweden for next year and AHL 11/12.

Vikke is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:49 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.