HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Pens vs. Preds Plus/Minus

Old
02-14-2010, 03:09 PM
hpheikki

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by eXile59 View Post
All he did was win Conne Smythe and Art Ross last year. How dare a 23 year old player have some bad games. I hope we can get at least a 2nd rounder out of him.
Yes, after watching one game I decided that it's time to trade him.

Malkin has been brutal the whole season, and I think that this team would benefit from trading Malkin. But like I said in another thread, that luckily for the Penguins, im not the GM, and the GM is pretty good at his job.

Just my opinion. Sorry that i made it a public one on a discussion board.

hpheikki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2010, 03:09 PM
jdpitt05

Fedotenko is useless. Wouldn't be surprised at all if he's not on this roster after the deadline.

jdpitt05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2010, 03:12 PM
eXile59
Shirts on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpheikki View Post

Malkin has been brutal the whole season, and I think that this team would benefit from trading Malkin. But like I said in another thread, that luckily for the Penguins, im not the GM, and the GM is pretty good at his job.

Well at least we can agree on something.

eXile59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2010, 03:16 PM
D Heinze

= for Fleury. I don't think he deserves a minus. He had some very solid play to get through the PKs. Just surprised he didn't have one save in the shootout.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacob View Post
In all the years I've watched hockey I've never seen a player have a worse game than Bill Guerin did tonight. It was like he was on the other team's payroll. He destroyed momentum every time he touched the puck, and even sometimes when he didn't.
You've clearly forgotten the overall prowess of Steve (i'm a lover not a fighter) McKenna.

I am really looking forward to this team winning some games again. These boards have gotten pretty nasty lately.

Haha, and the big 29'er just pulled out a hell of a stat. Pens lost on Valentine's Day for the first time in 40 years! How can this be true?

D Heinze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2010, 03:19 PM
hpheikki

Quote:
Originally Posted by eXile59 View Post
Well at least we can agree on something.
And the idea of a board, is that everyone agrees on everything, right? If someone has a diffrent opinion about something, he should stop posting and his right to post should be removed? Please.

Like it is stupid to even consider that trading Malkin for the right package, would be beneficial for this this team? My bad.

hpheikki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2010, 03:21 PM
OnMyOwn
Extremist

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdpitt05 View Post
Fedotenko is useless. Wouldn't be surprised at all if he's not on this roster after the deadline.
he's made it pretty easy for shero to figure out where he will get deadline salary from

OnMyOwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2010, 03:23 PM
eXile59
Shirts on.

Quote:
And the idea of a board, is that everyone agrees on everything, right? If someone has a diffrent opinion about something, he should stop posting and his right to post should be removed? Please.

Like it is stupid to even consider that trading Malkin for the right package, would be beneficial for this this team? My bad.
Its a complete over action because of a loss. It would be near impossible to get Malkins value back in a trade.

eXile59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2010, 03:29 PM
UnderratedBrooks44

Quote:

What a drama queen. A guy who's still over a point per game is "brutal"?

UnderratedBrooks44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2010, 03:32 PM
Neeeeaaaal
Waffles Are Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnMyOwn View Post
he's made it pretty easy for shero to figure out where he will get deadline salary from
I definitely agree. Rather than trading him though, I think Shero will probably waive Feds like he did with Satan last year. It would be really nice to be able to bring him back once the playoffs roll around, since I'm almost positive that cap restrictions mean nothing in the playoffs. But for the short term, we need to move Fedotenko off of our roster.

Neeeeaaaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2010, 03:34 PM
UnderratedBrooks44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goncharmander View Post
I definitely agree. Rather than trading him though, I think Shero will probably waive Feds like he did with Satan last year. It would be really nice to be able to bring him back once the playoffs roll around, since I'm almost positive that cap restrictions mean nothing in the playoffs. But for the short term, we need to move Fedotenko off of our roster.
...and replace him with who? Get rid of Feds and you need two wingers. Good luck pulling that off.

Old
02-14-2010, 03:35 PM
Florentino Ariza

What the hell did Malkin put in his coffee this morning? He was getting feisty out there with the Preds defensemen and I saw him yapping a lot. Unfortunately, he took another dumb penalty at the end of the game.

I was hoping the Pens would come out with a more concerted effort to grab those two points but they seemed flat. There was effort and our best players were good but not great. I don't think the hustle was there from every player and Fleury didn't close the door when he needed to.

Florentino Ariza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2010, 03:37 PM
Neeeeaaaal
Waffles Are Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnderratedBrooks44 View Post
...and replace him with who? Get rid of Feds and you need two wingers. Good luck pulling that off.
Anyone can move up and be effective for the short term. We have Kennedy and Cooke hanging around on the third line. Either one of them is capable of playing on the second line for short stints. If not, there's still Nick Johnson and a whole list of WBS players that could be called. I'm not saying that we should do this just for the sake of doing it, but if Shero has a move lined up where we need more salary space to pull it off, that's where he should look. (As the person I quoted said).

Neeeeaaaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2010, 03:39 PM
Burgs

Quote:
Keep Feds and you still need two wingers. The guy is dead weight and has been all season.

Burgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2010, 03:43 PM
clefty
What?

I'm taking solace in what is looking like an inevitable quicker end to this season than previous ones, in that it means the day will sooner arrive that I don't have to watch Bill Guerin anymore. It used to be he was up and down game-by-game. Now I can't recall him playing well once since the start of the year.

This game was probably his worst. And given the way he played, why he was put out there on the overtime powerplay is truly confounding.

clefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2010, 03:43 PM
Dangler99*

I hope Sid's alright after that Blocked shot.

Dangler99* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2010, 03:45 PM
Frank Gallagher
"Alcohol is a gift"

Shouldn't have ended up in a shootout. Fleury looked uncomfortable in the shootout for the first time in a long time. I was surprised by how bad he looked there. On the way, wasn't a terrible or great game. Hate to drop a contest to the Predators (Longtime Bubble Team) but, leaving with a point relieves a little (not much) of the sting. Game was an average performance. No better no worse.

Although I will say Guerin...

Last edited by Frank Gallagher: 02-14-2010 at 03:52 PM. Reason: Reworded
Frank Gallagher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2010, 03:46 PM
Mondello
Makin' the scene...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goncharz View Post
I was hoping the Pens would come out with a more concerted effort to grab those two points but they seemed flat. There was effort and our best players were good but not great. I don't think the hustle was there from every player and Fleury didn't close the door when he needed to.
This is what is so frustrating with MAF. With the elite goalies, Brodeur, Luongo, etc., when they're on you just know the door is shut and there's nothing anyone can do about it. With Fleury it's the opposite, you just never know when he's going to make a great save or let a beachball float into the net. It's almost as if it is completely random.

Mondello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2010, 03:49 PM
Frank Gallagher
"Alcohol is a gift"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mondello View Post
This is what is so frustrating with MAF. With the elite goalies, Brodeur, Luongo, etc., when they're on you just know the door is shut and there's nothing anyone can do about it. With Fleury it's the opposite, you just never know when he's going to make a great save or let a beachball float into the net. It's almost as if it is completely random.
Agreed. He does have his moments, though.

Old
02-14-2010, 03:50 PM
quoth the Raven
Anders Lindback Fan

I took some of these from the other thread that was closed...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanda71 View Post
I don't think Nashville is weaker. By any means. They have a very strong team this year, and they played a good game today. They don't have big names on their team, but they work with what they have beautifully.
Quote:
Because Nashville is my B team and I have a ton of respect for that organization and their players.
Quote:
I don't understand the "did we really lose against Nashville?". They're hardly a bad team. Year after year they produce a solid team.
Thanks for the support, Amanda! I am actually almost the same as you, only flip the teams. Predators are my A team as you'd say, Pens my B team. I would have been satisfied when a Penguins win but simply because Nashville needed the points so badly (it's sooo tight in the Western Conference), I was thrilled that we won.

Wasn't surprised at all that Sid got a goal, I called that before the game started. I was, however, surprised that Ellis was able to stop him in the shootout. That's kudos to our goaltender right there, Sidney made a good move.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big McLargehuge View Post
Seriously. They now have 5 points less than us.
At one point during the season, Preds were ahead by a point or two. Also, we stayed at 61 points for a couple weeks after losing 5 games in a row. I really think Nashville has acquired a good, solid team this year.

Anyway, good game guys, loved seeing my two favorite teams play.

quoth the Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2010, 03:53 PM
UnderratedBrooks44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burgs View Post
Keep Feds and you still need two wingers. The guy is dead weight and has been all season.
I'm not saying he hasn't been dreadful, but again so you're going to trade for a winger then replace Fedotenko with who? Please don't say Nick Johnson like that other guy, we're talking about playoff-caliber players.

My point is just that at this point you might as well just keep him and hope he performs in the playoffs. It's a shot in the dark but there's not that many sensible ways to get rid of him.

Old
02-14-2010, 03:55 PM
Frank Gallagher
"Alcohol is a gift"

I don't think Nashville is bad. I just think we had the game in hand for a while and let it slip away from us. Nashville has great balance and awesome defense. Just haven't been an impact franchise with a memorable playoff run yet.

Old
02-14-2010, 03:59 PM
td_ice
Peter shows the way

Quote:
Originally Posted by clefty View Post
I'm taking solace in what is looking like an inevitable quicker end to this season than previous ones, in that it means the day will sooner arrive that I don't have to watch Bill Guerin anymore. It used to be he was up and down game-by-game. Now I can't recall him playing well once since the start of the year.

This game was probably his worst. And given the way he played, why he was put out there on the overtime powerplay is truly confounding.
I agree, to me he is more dead weight than Fed's.

But apparently Bylsma likes him. As mentioned, why this guy gets so much PP time is beyond me.

Bob Errey was asked the other day if Pen's are still a Cup contender. He said yes, with a disclaimer. Then he called two guys out. "If Fedotenko and Rupp start playing well again."

I couldn't believe it. Obviously I understand the Fed's mention, but not sure why he called out Rupp, with no mention of Guerin.

td_ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2010, 04:02 PM
UnderratedBrooks44

Quote:
Originally Posted by td_ice View Post
I agree, to me he is more dead weight than Fed's.

But apparently Bylsma likes him. As mentioned, why this guy gets so much PP time is beyond me.

Bob Errey was asked the other day if Pen's are still a Cup contender. He said yes, with a disclaimer. Then he called two guys out. "If Fedotenko and Rupp start playing well again."

I couldn't believe it. Obviously I understand the Fed's mention, but not sure why he called out Rupp, with no mention of Guerin.
Should at least give people a little insight into how much they overreact about Guerin. I mean he's inconsistent and certainly has his faults but you guys are expecting far too much from him. Also, he'll be the only Pens winger that eclipses 20 goals this year. He's a 40 year old winger who makes $2 million. This is the bed that you make for yourself with big time contracts.

Old
02-14-2010, 04:04 PM
Burgs

Quote:
I'm not saying he hasn't been dreadful, but again so you're going to trade for a winger then replace Fedotenko with who? Please don't say Nick Johnson like that other guy, we're talking about playoff-caliber players.

My point is just that at this point you might as well just keep him and hope he performs in the playoffs. It's a shot in the dark but there's not that many sensible ways to get rid of him.
Ideally we include him in a trade for a better winger so we get rid of his contract and our trade partner can fill the vacated roster spot. But it's ultimately unimportant. He shouldn't be getting more than 4th line ice time now and we have a handful of guys in WBS who could do the same and might even give a **** on the ice. If we waive him and he gets claimed, we can get more cap space for a deadline deal. If he clears, we can still recall him later for the playoffs.

Burgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2010, 04:05 PM
High Flying Birds

- Why is TK playing under 10 minutes a night lately? I only assume that mysterious, undisclosed injury is still somewhat bothering him.

- Why is Fedotenko getting any playing time at this point?

+ Sid. He's gonna become a hunchback by the end of his career for carrying this team unless he gets some help.

High Flying Birds is offline   Reply With Quote