HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Eklund: Johnson for Hartnell, plus Vokoun

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-15-2010, 09:29 AM
  #51
Valhoun*
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: West Chester, PA
Posts: 10,311
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Valhoun*
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSaq View Post
Turco has won a playoff round before. Vokoun has not.
Prepare for your argument to be defeated.

Are you ready?

You may want to sit down.

Here it comes: So has Dan Cloutier.

Valhoun* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2010, 09:36 AM
  #52
Kaktus*
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: PA
Posts: 22,389
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSaq View Post
Turco has won a playoff round before. Vokoun has not.
Vokoun is a better goalie right now or in last 5 years. Turco is ****ing garbage.

Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2010, 09:38 AM
  #53
captainpaxil
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 2,179
vCash: 500
schneider hype has kinda died down i wonder if that might be the move to make.

id also consider this

to pheonix
aaron asham

to philly
taylor pyatt

captainpaxil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2010, 10:03 AM
  #54
LEIFey
Context Matters!
 
LEIFey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Ann Arbor, MI
Country: United States
Posts: 7,266
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to LEIFey
Having watched him when he was at Michigan, I would love to get JMFJ. That said, we don't really need him. If we're dealing Hartnell, Vokoun would be a fantastic grab for us. Don't like how long his contract is, but he's a solid goaltender. Beats going for a Halak/Price.

LEIFey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2010, 10:25 AM
  #55
Mgkibbles
Registered User
 
Mgkibbles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Gilbertsville, Pa
Posts: 2,013
vCash: 500
Johnson would be great. He definitely seems like the type of young player Pronger could help groom, though its too bad Coburn's hockey retardism seems to be making him a lost cause because he and Johnson could be a great one-two punch for many many years.

Mgkibbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2010, 10:27 AM
  #56
Mgkibbles
Registered User
 
Mgkibbles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Gilbertsville, Pa
Posts: 2,013
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEIFey View Post
Having watched him when he was at Michigan, I would love to get JMFJ. That said, we don't really need him. If we're dealing Hartnell, Vokoun would be a fantastic grab for us. Don't like how long his contract is, but he's a solid goaltender. Beats going for a Halak/Price.
Vokoun's contract is up after next season.

Mgkibbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2010, 10:32 AM
  #57
IrishSniper87
Registered User
 
IrishSniper87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Media, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 13,402
vCash: 500
Johnson for Hartnell
Coburn, Emery and Nodl for Vokoun

Waive/Trade Boosh

IrishSniper87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2010, 10:40 AM
  #58
Kaktus*
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: PA
Posts: 22,389
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishSniper87 View Post
Johnson for Hartnell
Coburn, Emery and Nodl for Vokoun

Waive/Trade Boosh
Carle because of salary?

Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2010, 10:43 AM
  #59
Mgkibbles
Registered User
 
Mgkibbles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Gilbertsville, Pa
Posts: 2,013
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaktus View Post
Carle because of salary?
No, Coburn because hes retarded.

Mgkibbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2010, 10:51 AM
  #60
HoverCarle*
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,859
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to HoverCarle*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaktus View Post
Carle because of salary?
well if we trade Hartnell for JMFJ than that clears like 3 mil. Plus Coburn's 1.3, Emery's 1.5 and Boucher's .925. Would be enough for Vokoun.

Gagne-Richards-Giroux
JVR-Carter-Briere
Carcillo-Betts-Lappy
Leino-Powe-Asham
Pyorala

Carle-Pronger
Timonen-JMFJ
Kraijcek-Parent
bartulis

Vokoun
Leighton

HoverCarle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2010, 11:28 AM
  #61
Dan85
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 13
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgkibbles View Post
Vokoun's contract is up after next season.
Meaning you don't want him or meaning that it's worth it because he still has another year left on his contract? I think it's still worth it, Philly can re-sign him before his contract expires and figure out the salary issues when the time comes.

Quote:
Johnson for Hartnell
Coburn, Emery and Nodl for Vokoun
It would absolutely shock me if LA traded Johnson straight up for Hartnell, Philly would have to throw in a prospect or a 2nd round pick in my opinion.

Dan85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2010, 11:32 AM
  #62
Talbetts
Registered User
 
Talbetts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Schwenksville?, PA
Posts: 829
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hovercraft View Post
well if we trade Hartnell for JMFJ than that clears like 3 mil. Plus Coburn's 1.3, Emery's 1.5 and Boucher's .925. Would be enough for Vokoun.

Gagne-Richards-Giroux
JVR-Carter-Briere
Carcillo-Betts-Lappy
Leino-Powe-Asham
Pyorala

Carle-Pronger
Timonen-JMFJ
Kraijcek-Parent
bartulis

Vokoun
Leighton
I'm actually loving this lineup! Maybe swap Giroux and Carter, or does that make them too small down the middle? I really like Giroux and JVR coming along together on the same line. Their skillsets seem to work well together...

Talbetts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2010, 11:43 AM
  #63
duffy9748
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 2,137
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BernieHexBergEry View Post
I'm actually loving this lineup! Maybe swap Giroux and Carter, or does that make them too small down the middle? I really like Giroux and JVR coming along together on the same line. Their skillsets seem to work well together...
It would make us smaller and Carter is a better fit to play center, but I agree with JVR and Giroux together.

Gagne-Richards-Carcillo
Briere-Carter-Leino?
JVR-Giroux-Asham
Powe-Betts-Lappy

duffy9748 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2010, 11:52 AM
  #64
dookie88
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Germany
Country: Germany
Posts: 2,572
vCash: 500
Hartnell is so underrated around here.
Haven't you noticed, that Carter and Briere are succesful if Hartnell plays good and if not, they are not producing?

I heard alot of complainment the last little while about the lack of net-presence and the fact that we haven't resigned Knuble and now people want to get rid of Hartnell, it ridiculous.

dookie88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2010, 11:58 AM
  #65
Kaktus*
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: PA
Posts: 22,389
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hovercraft View Post
well if we trade Hartnell for JMFJ than that clears like 3 mil. Plus Coburn's 1.3, Emery's 1.5 and Boucher's .925. Would be enough for Vokoun.

Gagne-Richards-Giroux
JVR-Carter-Briere
Carcillo-Betts-Lappy
Leino-Powe-Asham
Pyorala

Carle-Pronger
Timonen-JMFJ
Kraijcek-Parent
bartulis

Vokoun
Leighton
Still, I would rather move Carle and keep Coburn. Maybe we can get a 3rd line LW or RW back in a trade? That 4th line looks like ****. No way we would play Leino on 4th line he is not that type of a player.

Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2010, 12:22 PM
  #66
Mgkibbles
Registered User
 
Mgkibbles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Gilbertsville, Pa
Posts: 2,013
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan85 View Post
Meaning you don't want him or meaning that it's worth it because he still has another year left on his contract? I think it's still worth it, Philly can re-sign him before his contract expires and figure out the salary issues when the time comes.



It would absolutely shock me if LA traded Johnson straight up for Hartnell, Philly would have to throw in a prospect or a 2nd round pick in my opinion.
No, meaning we'd have a very good goalie at a reasonable age for only one more year, which in this case is a good thing because we could possibly rid ourselves of a long term overpriced contract if the Flyers can convince Briere or Hartnell to take a trip south.

But then the question becomes what to do with Emery? Because if we get Vokoun we have no long term plan because I can't see Emery serving as a back up to Vokoun, unless we divvy up the games 50/50 or 60/40. But even then I'm not sure how you keep both contracts on the payroll because I'm sure Emery will be asking for more than hes making on this second chance contract.

Mgkibbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2010, 12:28 PM
  #67
Mgkibbles
Registered User
 
Mgkibbles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Gilbertsville, Pa
Posts: 2,013
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dookie88 View Post
Hartnell is so underrated around here.
Haven't you noticed, that Carter and Briere are succesful if Hartnell plays good and if not, they are not producing?

I heard alot of complainment the last little while about the lack of net-presence and the fact that we haven't resigned Knuble and now people want to get rid of Hartnell, it ridiculous.
No hes not. The guy is second in the league for minor penalties, and a lot of them have been both stupid and costly. Also Carter and Briere do not go how Hartnell goes, Hartnell goes how Carter and Briere go. A friggin power forward doesn't make players around him better, players around a power forward make the power forward better (see Knuble).

Mgkibbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2010, 12:31 PM
  #68
Mgkibbles
Registered User
 
Mgkibbles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Gilbertsville, Pa
Posts: 2,013
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by duffy9748 View Post
It would make us smaller and Carter is a better fit to play center, but I agree with JVR and Giroux together.

Gagne-Richards-Carcillo
Briere-Carter-Leino?
JVR-Giroux-Asham
Powe-Betts-Lappy
I don't like Carcillo on that top line. He, Betts, and Lappy play too good together in my opinion to break them up. I'd go...

Gagne Richards Leino

Briere Carter Powe

JVR Giroux Asham

Carcillo Betts Lappy

or

Gagne Richards Asham

JVR Giroux Leino

Mgkibbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2010, 12:31 PM
  #69
IrishSniper87
Registered User
 
IrishSniper87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Media, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 13,402
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hovercraft View Post
well if we trade Hartnell for JMFJ than that clears like 3 mil. Plus Coburn's 1.3, Emery's 1.5 and Boucher's .925. Would be enough for Vokoun.

Gagne-Richards-Giroux
JVR-Carter-Briere
Carcillo-Betts-Lappy
Leino-Powe-Asham
Pyorala

Carle-Pronger
Timonen-JMFJ
Kraijcek-Parent
bartulis

Vokoun
Leighton
This was my intention when I made the proposals. I think a pick might be added for JJ, but basically the only NTC on our side is Hartnell. I would also swap you 3rd and 4th line. I like Knuble and I like having a net presense but not for $4.25. That's not net presence money, that's consistent 2nd line scorer money.

Gagne-Richards-Giroux
JVR-Carter-Briere
Leino-Powe-Asham
Carcillo-Betts-Lappy
Pyorala

Carle-Pronger
Timonen-JMFJ
Kraijcek-Parent
Bartulis

Vokoun
Leighton

The defense is AWESOME and Vokoun is AWESOME and JVR and Giroux get a lot more icetime and PP time. I think it works out, granted we lose Hartnell in the crease making goalies angry.

Gagne-Richards against top lines, Carter's line against 2nd or 3rd lines.

This or move Giroux and JVR to the third line and move a role player onto each line.

Gagne-Richards-Powe (flip Powe and Leino if you want)
Briere-Carter-Leino (Briere likes the LW I thought, he said it recently)
JVR-Giroux-Asham (one of our most consistent lines surprisingly)
Carcillo-Betts-Lappy
Pyorala

Carle-Pronger
Timonen-JMFJ
Kraijcek-Parent
Bartulis

Vokoun
Leighton

I'm fine with it. The Goalie is a HUGE upgrade, the defense can move the puck, and the offense is balanced. Maroon up as a physical PWF??????

PP

Gagne-Richards-Giroux
Carle-Pronger

JVR-Carter-Briere
Johnson-Timonen

or some variation

IrishSniper87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2010, 12:43 PM
  #70
GoneFullHolmgren
def. hockey FAIL
 
GoneFullHolmgren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Somewhere in NH
Country: United States
Posts: 29,723
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 View Post
Vokoun has not only been playing better than Turco for the last 2 years, but he's at least signed for next year.


JMFJ is not leaving LA, at least not until the summer.
according to the rumors I have read Deano loves Hartnell. Wonder if we could see a deal involving Hartnell and Jack Johnson.
maybe something centering around Hartnell and Coburn for Johnson and Parse

GoneFullHolmgren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2010, 12:52 PM
  #71
orange is better
than other colors...
 
orange is better's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 7,244
vCash: 500
Vokoun is the better goaltender for our situation.

Just because Turco has ridden great Dallas defenses his whole career while Vokoun has been left out to dry by the florida defense the past 3 seasons, doesn't mean he's the better goaltender. Dallas' drop in contention the past 2 seasons has, in my opinion, exposed his weaknesses.

Vokoun has the most shots against in the league, while still posting a .931 SV%.
Turco is 14th in shots against and he has a.915 SV%

We are the 4th best team in shots against per game with 28.2, Vokoun behind our defense could be unstoppable.

orange is better is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2010, 12:55 PM
  #72
Mgkibbles
Registered User
 
Mgkibbles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Gilbertsville, Pa
Posts: 2,013
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by orange is better View Post
Vokoun is the better goaltender for our situation.

Just because Turco has ridden great Dallas defenses his whole career while Vokoun has been left out to dry by the florida defense the past 3 seasons, doesn't mean he's the better goaltender. Dallas' drop in contention the past 2 seasons has, in my opinion, exposed his weaknesses.

Vokoun has the most shots against in the league, while still posting a .931 SV%.
Turco is 14th in shots against and he has a.915 SV%

We are the 4th best team in shots against per game with 28.2, Vokoun behind our defense could be unstoppable.

Mgkibbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2010, 01:07 PM
  #73
JSTAFF
Registered User
 
JSTAFF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: Italy
Posts: 4,386
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by orange is better View Post
Vokoun is the better goaltender for our situation.

Just because Turco has ridden great Dallas defenses his whole career while Vokoun has been left out to dry by the florida defense the past 3 seasons, doesn't mean he's the better goaltender. Dallas' drop in contention the past 2 seasons has, in my opinion, exposed his weaknesses.

Vokoun has the most shots against in the league, while still posting a .931 SV%.
Turco is 14th in shots against and he has a.915 SV%

We are the 4th best team in shots against per game with 28.2, Vokoun behind our defense could be unstoppable.
That is such a remarkable turnaround its almost not even believable.

JSTAFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2010, 01:08 PM
  #74
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Lumberton, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 13,870
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSTAFF View Post
That is such a remarkable turnaround its almost not even believable.
I believe our Atlantic foes called Pronger an old, overrated, and over-the-hill sloth of a defenseman.

CS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2010, 08:01 PM
  #75
Bob Clarke Fan Club
Registered User
 
Bob Clarke Fan Club's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,851
vCash: 500
If goaltending is acquired, I'd prefer Rolosson. Underrated and played behind Pronger in the Oilers Finals run. Wouldn't cost us as much as Vokoun and should be fairly well rested with the rotation in Long Island.

Bob Clarke Fan Club is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:26 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.