HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

7-3 Lose No More Pain For 2 Weeks

Old
02-14-2010, 09:02 PM
RKD

vCash: 500
It's going to get rough for Horcoff down the stretch. The crowd was really on him tonight. Imagine a night where he doesn't get three assists.

Oh well, that's the way it is. You're not going a get a free ride in this town, especially when you're pulling in that kind of coin and producing so little on both sides of the puck.

02-14-2010, 09:02 PM
Narnia
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumptheshark View Post
let see what happens at the trade deadline and who is left for the last 20 games--Leafs are in free fall, looks more and more like the canes will move their vets, and with Florida and the NYI also looking to move players--I am not willing to say it is a slam dunk for the oilers to get a top 3 pick yet

Here is how I see the last twenty playing out--oilers only make minor tweaks and no HUGE deal like some fans want and the oiler player's start playing for pride and nothing else. As we roll into April, leafs sit in 30th spot, oilers 29th, canes 28th, florida 27th, NYI 26th and BJ's 25th.

My prediction for the bottom 6 draft order

Leafs(bruins own pick)
Canes
Florida
NYI
Oilers

MOre over --I predict this board goes into a full meltdown during the last 4 games of the year-because the oilers go on another winning streak and the teams that we think can get anywhere near the oilers are losing--while the oilers win.

The oilers are a jinxed team--the lose when they should win and they win when they should lose
The Oilers won't be going on any winning streak. I doubt they'll win another game.

Narnia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2010, 09:04 PM
AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Ryan- View Post
It's going to get rough for Horcoff down the stretch. The crowd was really on him tonight. Imagine a night where he doesn't get three assists.

Oh well, that's the way it is. You're not going a get a free ride in this town, especially when you're pulling in that kind of coin and producing so little on both sides of the puck.
Imbeciles will be imbiciles.

Worst officiating in a ling time. I just about poured a beer on that little ******* tonight.

AM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2010, 09:05 PM
McCupofOil
Bob The Builder

Quote:
let see what happens at the trade deadline and who is left for the last 20 games--Leafs are in free fall, looks more and more like the canes will move their vets, and with Florida and the NYI also looking to move players--I am not willing to say it is a slam dunk for the oilers to get a top 3 pick yet

Here is how I see the last twenty playing out--oilers only make minor tweaks and no HUGE deal like some fans want and the oiler player's start playing for pride and nothing else. As we roll into April, leafs sit in 30th spot, oilers 29th, canes 28th, florida 27th, NYI 26th and BJ's 25th.

Leafs(bruins own pick)
Canes
Florida
NYI
Oilers

MOre over --I predict this board goes into a full meltdown during the last 4 games of the year-because the oilers go on another winning streak and the teams that we think can get anywhere near the oilers are losing--while the oilers win.

The oilers are a jinxed team--the lose when they should win and they win when they should lose

You are really grasping at straws here and wishcasting that this happens for some reason but there is no way that all of those teams will pass the Oilers and i have no idea why you continue to think that will happen, the Oilers will be lucky (unlucky) if even the Leafs finish lower than them nevermind all those other teams.

McCupofOil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2010, 09:07 PM
John Hancock

Quote:
Originally Posted by nexttothemoon View Post
Well I actually enjoyed parts of the game earlier on when the Oilers looked good shorthanded and put some good pressure on... then they went overboard calling penalties and started camping in the penalty box and it turned into a rout. Ref needs that pea in his whistle stuck up his ***.

If you don't include the 45 minutes the Oilers spent in the penalty box and the 50 shots Anaheim got while on the PP... it was a decent game for the Oilers.
But that's the point, really... who cares if you played solid hockey 5 on 5, if you spent half the game short-handed? The Oilers need to learn how to play both with smarts and intensity, or they'll continue to be a losing club.

-JH.

John Hancock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2010, 09:09 PM
metallicat

Wasn't watching, so I didn't know Horcoff got 3 points. Good for him.

metallicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2010, 09:09 PM
Narnia
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Hancock View Post
But that's the point, really... who cares if you played solid hockey 5 on 5, if you spent half the game short-handed? The Oilers need to learn how to play both with smarts and intensity, or they'll continue to be a losing club.

-JH.
The refs also need to learn what's a penalty. Apparently it was only a penalty on the Oilers. The Ducks got a way with a lot more than the Oilers. Refs suck. I'm not saying the refs cost the Oilers but the refs were at fault for the lopsided score.

Narnia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2010, 09:12 PM
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

I just saw the highlights... that Getzlaf "dribbler" on Deslauriers... wow. I don't care how bad the Oilers have played in a lot of games this year, they have absolutely no chance at winning hockey games with irratic goaltending like this.

Moonlapse Vertigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2010, 09:12 PM
MerryJ99

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb View Post
Pretty sure he's not hurt. He got a misconduct during the Comrie scrum/fight with about 5 mins left.
Thanks, I was worried. That should be his last game as an Oiler a home though, do they play at home again before the trade deadline?

he played really well this last little while, too bad he couldn't play like that all year.

MerryJ99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2010, 09:13 PM
CanadianCommie
Cold North Comrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekcut View Post
Another shorty by Ethan, and led the team with 6 shots.
Horcoff with 3 assists and a plus 2 in a 7-3 loss.
What the deuce is going on?

they're trying to up their trade value now that they realized that it's entirely possible they're trade bait.

Also, I heard tencer talk about Moreau basically shrugging his shoulders at trade rumours and not even trying to act like he 'wants to stay here'.

heh. He's all but gone, one way or the other.

CanadianCommie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2010, 09:15 PM
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

Quote:
Originally Posted by MerryJ99 View Post
Thanks, I was worried. That should be his last game as an Oiler a home though, do they play at home again before the trade deadline?

he played really well this last little while, too bad he couldn't play like that all year.
He's excited about the prospect of playing in Cali. He doesn't give a crap about this franchise and you'll be hard pressed to find players that do.

Old
02-14-2010, 09:16 PM
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianCommie View Post
they're trying to up their trade value now that they realized that it's entirely possible they're trade bait.

Also, I heard tencer talk about Moreau basically shrugging his shoulders at trade rumours and not even trying to act like he 'wants to stay here'.

Yup.

Old
02-14-2010, 09:16 PM
myteammytown

Quote:

Leafs(bruins own pick)
Canes
Florida
NYI
Oilers

so, in a matter of a month, you have went from 8-10, to 6-10, to 5-10 to bottom 6?

you keep saying you crunch numbers, and every time you are asked, they never show up.

fact: the oilers are 5 points behind toronto for 29th and 11 behind carolina for 28th. you think this team is going to make up 11 points in 20ish games down the stretch? honestly?

assuming you use common sense and say no, that probably wont happen, we have the oilers finishing 29th or 30th. which means they are drafting 1,2 or 3.

the end.

myteammytown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2010, 09:19 PM
CanadianCommie
Cold North Comrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by myteammytown View Post
so, in a matter of a month, you have went from 8-10, to 6-10, to 5-10 to bottom 6?

you keep saying you crunch numbers, and every time you are asked, they never show up.

fact: the oilers are 5 points behind toronto for 29th and 11 behind carolina for 28th. you think this team is going to make up 11 points in 20ish games down the stretch? honestly?

assuming you use common sense and say no, that probably wont happen, we have the oilers finishing 29th or 30th. which means they are drafting 1,2 or 3.

the end.

I agree, the writing (and math) are on the wall, this team would have to have a complete turnaround at this point to even be out of the bottom 3, let alone get as high as 5th or 6th.

I don't see it happening, even if they manage to trade some of the vets like Moreau and other valuable roster pieces for picks + prospects or wasted contracts that are off the books after this year...

CanadianCommie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2010, 09:45 PM
Loweball

If anybody ever comes back here saying JDD or DD are goalies in this league, you will lose any respect at all in my books.

Anybody who says we should not be targetting Halak or Price needs their heads looked at. Or someone equivalent. We have no goaltending and an old geisure on his second durgery.

yeah,,im drunk, sorry

Loweball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2010, 09:47 PM
guymez
The Seldom Seen Kid

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianCommie View Post

Can you blame Moreau...he would have to be an idiot to want to play in Edmonton another year.
I know he is quite young but Tencer takes himself far too seriously.
He thinks he knows more than he really does.
I had to laugh listening to Tencer and the so called hockey expert (Rob Brown) talking about the under performing Oiler players and how they had better step it up or they will be gone.

What a terrible punishment that would be...sent packing only to play for an organization that actually has a plan and isn't constantly shooting itself in the foot.

I wouldn't be surprised if more than a few players have privately requested to be traded.

guymez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
awesomo
HARD!

the oilers need to get bigger, they were thrown around tonight

awesomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
McHopelessoilfan

That was painful.
I just got back from the game and rexall is a ghost town...

It was so quiet and the few fans that were there were so quick to turn on the oilers.
I'm so annoyed at all the people that boo if we dont shoot every time someone touches the puck on the power play.

Vis had the puck with two guys in his lane and plenty of open pass options about 10 seconds into the pp and the fans started to boo and yell shoot. I dont understand...
I mean i understand being frustrated but i mean... the fans can see the entire ice, the whole play, and yet they assume shooting it into the shins of the two defenders in front of you is the way to go.

Sorry had to get that out. Congrats to the winner of the 50/50, probably the only oiler fan to leave happy.

On a positive note, horcoffs whiffing on the shot may not go away, but potulny looked like he knew how to play the whiff

McHopelessoilfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2010, 09:48 PM
harpoon
FOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Ryan- View Post
Hmmm . Were they really booing him ? I watched the game on CI and the only booing I could hear was during the last powerplay ... and that seemed to be directed at the group as a whole not Horcoff in particular .

Epic whiffs tonight for sure . And no way that he deserved the third star of the game .

harpoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2010, 09:49 PM
Loweball

Quote:
Originally Posted by HopelessOilFan View Post
That was painful.
I just got back from the game and rexall is a ghost town...

It was so quiet and the few fans that were there were so quick to turn on the oilers.
I'm so annoyed at all the people that boo if we dont shoot every time someone touches the puck on the power play.

Vis had the puck with two guys in his lane and plenty of open pass options about 10 seconds into the pp and the fans started to boo and yell shoot. I dont understand...
I mean i understand being frustrated but i mean... the fans can see the entire ice, the whole play, and yet they assume shooting it into the shins of the two defenders in front of you is the way to go.

Sorry had to get that out. Congrats to the winner of the 50/50, probably the only oiler fan to leave happy.

On a positive note, horcoffs whiffing on the shot may not go away, but potulny looked like he knew how to play the whiff
Horcoff had 2/3 rds of the net and shoots it right into the goalie. unreal.

Loweball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2010, 09:49 PM
Heavy Dee

Tambellini is now programming his excel sheet for the final 20 game evaluation of his team.

Heavy Dee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2010, 09:55 PM
guymez
The Seldom Seen Kid

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavy Dee View Post
Tambellini is now programming his excel sheet for the final 20 game evaluation of his team.
I'm guessing he reaches the conclusion that he needs another season before things get clear. Then he will promptly bring in some players that are far past their prime and/or will never out perform their contracts.
After all...its really, really hard to make a deal and those are the easiest deals to make.
Then we will be told that we should be grateful for those deals considering how tough his job is.

guymez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2010, 09:58 PM
Orochimaru
5-14-6-1

So will Moreau finally be shipped out? Horcoff?

Orochimaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2010, 09:59 PM
Philly85
Raps'

Quote:
Originally Posted by AM View Post
Imbeciles will be imbiciles.

Worst officiating in a ling time. I just about poured a beer on that little ******* tonight.
Care to elaborate what this **** means? You're on the clock...

Philly85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2010, 10:00 PM
Soundwave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yummy Snack View Post
So will Moreau finally be shipped out? Horcoff?
Possibly for Moreau. Good luck with Horcoff, lol. Just hope he can find some semblance of his game for next season.

Soundwave is offline   Reply With Quote