HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

7-3 Lose No More Pain For 2 Weeks

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-14-2010, 10:00 PM
  #51
Beerfish
Registered User
 
Beerfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 11,051
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AM View Post
Imbeciles will be imbiciles.

Worst officiating in a ling time. I just about poured a beer on that little ******* tonight.
You are talking about the people who though Horcoff was a great player and deserving of his monster long term deal right? This player has taken virtually NO heat the last two years (at the rink, in the media and much less than he deserves on forums like these) in comparison to a lot of other players who have played better with worse opportunities. It's about time the fans let the 7 million dollar man know that that he is not earning 1/10th of his contract this year.

Beerfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2010, 10:00 PM
  #52
Dorian2
Positional Bias.
 
Dorian2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,833
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CupofOil View Post
You are really grasping at straws here and wishcasting that this happens for some reason but there is no way that all of those teams will pass the Oilers and i have no idea why you continue to think that will happen, the Oilers will be lucky (unlucky) if even the Leafs finish lower than them nevermind all those other teams.
The Oilers need an unwavering and consistant player like JTS..even if I don't agree with him


Last edited by Dorian2: 02-14-2010 at 10:12 PM.
Dorian2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2010, 10:02 PM
  #53
Beerfish
Registered User
 
Beerfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 11,051
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlapse Vertigo View Post
He's excited about the prospect of playing in Cali. He doesn't give a crap about this franchise and you'll be hard pressed to find players that do.
And that is why the player should have been dealt last year or had the C striped. Horrendously bad captain.

Beerfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2010, 10:03 PM
  #54
HopelessOilFan
Registered User
 
HopelessOilFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,346
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by harpoon View Post
Hmmm . Were they really booing him ? I watched the game on CI and the only booing I could hear was during the last powerplay ... and that seemed to be directed at the group as a whole not Horcoff in particular .

Epic whiffs tonight for sure . And no way that he deserved the third star of the game .
Oh no he was getting boo'd alot.
I couldnt believe it, like i know the contract is bad and he's not producing how he should... and he whiffed on a few shots but... its a whole new level of low to boo someone who busts his ass every night, whether he gets results or not.

HopelessOilFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2010, 10:05 PM
  #55
Rafters
Registered User
 
Rafters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Medicine Hat
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,988
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HopelessOilFan View Post
Oh no he was getting boo'd alot.
I couldnt believe it, like i know the contract is bad and he's not producing how he should... and he whiffed on a few shots but... its a whole new level of low to boo someone who busts his ass every night, whether he gets results or not.
Agreed....the effort is all you can really ask for....and for the most part the effort has been there all year for Horcoff......to BOO someone who has been trying hard and probably been playing injured is uncalled for no matter how much he makes

Rafters is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2010, 10:07 PM
  #56
Soundwave
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 24,475
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HopelessOilFan View Post
Oh no he was getting boo'd alot.
I couldnt believe it, like i know the contract is bad and he's not producing how he should... and he whiffed on a few shots but... its a whole new level of low to boo someone who busts his ass every night, whether he gets results or not.
Meh ... he deserves to get booed.

The last time he played good for the Oilers was when the Oilers said they'd start 18-year-old rookie Gagner over him and tried to replace him all summer (Nylander, Gomez, etc.), maybe this will light a bit of a fire under his ass, because he clearly isn't able to get himself going.

Mac T or Quinn should've ripped him once in a while, along with the other "precious" vets like Moreau. In the long term I think it'd be good for them.

Soundwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2010, 10:08 PM
  #57
John Hancock
Registered User
 
John Hancock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,451
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianCommie View Post
they're trying to up their trade value now that they realized that it's entirely possible they're trade bait.

Also, I heard tencer talk about Moreau basically shrugging his shoulders at trade rumours and not even trying to act like he 'wants to stay here'.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlapse Vertigo View Post
He's excited about the prospect of playing in Cali. He doesn't give a crap about this franchise and you'll be hard pressed to find players that do.
Yes, let's put more words in players' mouths and then unanimously agree. That will make it true.

-JH.

John Hancock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2010, 10:09 PM
  #58
Nugent93Hopkins
Welcome to the
 
Nugent93Hopkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Taylor Hall Show
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,079
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Hancock View Post
Yes, let's put more words in players' mouths and then unanimously agree. That will make it true.

-JH.
Dude, you are like the Godfather.

Nugent93Hopkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2010, 10:09 PM
  #59
harpoon
FOB
 
harpoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 4,463
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HopelessOilFan View Post
Oh no he was getting boo'd alot.
I couldnt believe it, like i know the contract is bad and he's not producing how he should... and he whiffed on a few shots but... its a whole new level of low to boo someone who busts his ass every night, whether he gets results or not.
Agreed .

harpoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2010, 10:10 PM
  #60
RKD
Registered User
 
RKD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Sherwood Park, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,935
vCash: 500
The problem is, the city of Edmonton is a town of hard working people that also pay top dollar for a ticket to a game at Rexall Place; for a last-place team, even.

So when a player gets paid that amount of money this year for the level of production he's getting, it almost becomes personal to fans - like a slap in the face.

__________________
"How many Twix does that make for you today? Like eight Twix?!"
RKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2010, 10:10 PM
  #61
HopelessOilFan
Registered User
 
HopelessOilFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,346
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwave View Post
Meh ... he deserves to get booed.

The last time he played good for the Oilers was when the Oilers said they'd start 18-year-old rookie Gagner over him and tried to replace him all summer (Nylander, Gomez, etc.), maybe this will light a bit of a fire under his ass, because he clearly isn't able to get himself going.
I can't agree with that.
If he was slacking off, playing like he didnt give a crap, or anything of that sort, i could understand, but im sure he realizes he's not getting the results he'd like, or the team would like, but he really busts his but out there.
I could never boo that.

HopelessOilFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2010, 10:11 PM
  #62
Bryanbryoil
Moderator
Paying Off A Bet
 
Bryanbryoil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 51,023
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafters View Post
Agreed....the effort is all you can really ask for....and for the most part the effort has been there all year for Horcoff......to BOO someone who has been trying hard and probably been playing injured is uncalled for no matter how much he makes
Then why is our highest paid forward out there when we have NOTHING to play for at this point? It's better for him to shut it down and come back strong next year if the entire reason that he's sucked is because of injury. Unless it's more important to him to try and get dealt? Either way he gets absolutely no sympathy from me.

Bryanbryoil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2010, 10:12 PM
  #63
guymez
The Seldom Seen Kid
 
guymez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,202
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by HopelessOilFan View Post
Oh no he was getting boo'd alot.
I couldnt believe it, like i know the contract is bad and he's not producing how he should... and he whiffed on a few shots but... its a whole new level of low to boo someone who busts his ass every night, whether he gets results or not.
Well put.

guymez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2010, 10:15 PM
  #64
Soundwave
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 24,475
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HopelessOilFan View Post
I can't agree with that.
If he was slacking off, playing like he didnt give a crap, or anything of that sort, i could understand, but im sure he realizes he's not getting the results he'd like, or the team would like, but he really busts his but out there.
I could never boo that.
Y'know what though? Maybe he needs to hear it. Maybe he's so far into his head (or up his ass), that a kick in the butt will get him out of it and get him to finally just play regular hockey.

The fans have been more than polite to him, even in Calgary he would've been ripped by Sutter already in public.

People have been polite to him for 2 years now, maybe he needs to be the underdog, because he sure as hell cannot deal with a situation where he's expected to perform. He cannot handle that role. Some players just need to be motivated in that way. Like I said, the last time he played well here was when the Oilers front office basically insulted him all summer long by publicly floating the idea that 18-year-old Gagner would get his job and trying to find a no.1 C all summer long.

Soundwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2010, 10:16 PM
  #65
RKD
Registered User
 
RKD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Sherwood Park, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,935
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
Then why is our highest paid forward out there when we have NOTHING to play for at this point? It's better for him to shut it down and come back strong next year if the entire reason that he's sucked is because of injury. Unless it's more important to him to try and get dealt? Either way he gets absolutely no sympathy from me.
I'm not a shoulder expert, but from what I understand, the type of separation Horcoff had was not something that you need to stop playing from. I could potentially give Horcoff some leeway for his performance earlier in the season, but he confirmed a while ago that his shoulder was not an issue anymore; coincidentally, around the time you started the Horcoff vs. Schremp thread. And as many pointed out, he scored just one point during those 15-games and the duration of your thread. Suffice to say that his performance for most of the season cannot be attributed to that shoulder, as it appears to have recovered on the word of Horcoff himself.

RKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2010, 10:17 PM
  #66
Nugent93Hopkins
Welcome to the
 
Nugent93Hopkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Taylor Hall Show
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,079
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwave View Post
Y'know what though? Maybe he needs to hear it. Maybe he's so far into his head (or up his ass), that a kick in the butt will get him out of it and get him to finally just play regular hockey.

The fans have been more than polite to him, even in Calgary he would've been ripped by Sutter already in public.

People have been polite to him for 2 years now, maybe he needs to be the underdog, because he sure as hell cannot deal with a situation where he's expected to perform. He cannot handle that role. Some players just need to be motivated in that way. Like I said, the last time he played well here was when the Oilers front office basically insulted him all summer long by publicly floating the idea that 18-year-old Gagner would get his job and trying to find a no.1 C all summer long.
Horcoff is still our hardest worker. I would keep him around to mentor our young centers/forwards.

Nugent93Hopkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2010, 10:17 PM
  #67
CupofOil
Registered User
 
CupofOil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Rock Bottom
Country: United States
Posts: 13,961
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwave View Post
Meh ... he deserves to get booed.

The last time he played good for the Oilers was when the Oilers said they'd start 18-year-old rookie Gagner over him and tried to replace him all summer (Nylander, Gomez, etc.), maybe this will light a bit of a fire under his ass, because he clearly isn't able to get himself going.

Mac T or Quinn should've ripped him once in a while, along with the other "precious" vets like Moreau. In the long term I think it'd be good for them.
I disagree with booing Horcoff, the guy just isn't that good but he always plays hard, people can't blame Horcoff for his contract, blame idiot Lowe for panicking and giving him that contract especially with Horcoff coming off of a serious injury..... If Horcoff was playing lazy and not giving his all, then i can understand booing him but in this situation it should be hate the GM or President of Operations or whatever the hell he is nowadays, not the player.

CupofOil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2010, 10:17 PM
  #68
Dorian2
Positional Bias.
 
Dorian2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,833
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
Then why is our highest paid forward out there when we have NOTHING to play for at this point? It's better for him to shut it down and come back strong next year if the entire reason that he's sucked is because of injury. Unless it's more important to him to try and get dealt? Either way he gets absolutely no sympathy from me.
Absoltutely BBO. This "Horcoff's possibly injured" thing is knda lame. If he is playing injured, he is doing nothing but hurting the team

Dorian2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2010, 10:19 PM
  #69
Narnia
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Narnia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Surrey, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,394
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Narnia
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Ryan- View Post
I'm not a shoulder expert, but from what I understand, the type of separation Horcoff had was not something that you need to stop playing from. I could potentially give Horcoff some leeway for his performance earlier in the season, but he confirmed a while ago that his shoulder was not an issue anymore; coincidentally, around the time you started the Horcoff vs. Schremp thread. And as many pointed out, he scored just one point during those 15-games and the duration of your thread. Suffice to say that his performance for most of the season cannot be attributed to that shoulder, as it appears to have recovered on the word of Horcoff himself.
Didn't he get a cortizone shot recently.

__________________
"He just ate up Robyn Regehr for dinner, a spectacular play by Hemsky, and Robyn Regehr has got doo doo all over his face" - Rod Phillips call on Hemsky's goal vs the Flames
Narnia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2010, 10:20 PM
  #70
Soundwave
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 24,475
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CupofOil View Post
I disagree with booing Horcoff, the guy just isn't that good but he always plays hard, people can't blame Horcoff for his contract, blame idiot Lowe for panicking and giving him that contract especially with Horcoff coming off of a serious injury..... If Horcoff was playing lazy and not giving his all, then i can understand booing him but in this situation it should be hate the GM or President of Operations or whatever the hell he is nowadays, not the player.
I'm just saying he'll probably start to play better because it'll light some kind of fire under his ass, and he's such a headcase that he probably needs something else to focus on, because the weight of that contract is something he can't shake.

So let him have it.

He can't possibly play worse. And he had what? 3 assists today? Maybe it's good for him.

Like I said, last time he played well for this team was when the front office basically insulted him the whole summer.

Call it crazy, but maybe crazy is exactly what's needed .... Horcoff will play better when he's booed. He's a guy that needs to be embarrassed a little bit I think, to give him an extra edge to his game.

Soundwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2010, 10:21 PM
  #71
guymez
The Seldom Seen Kid
 
guymez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,202
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
Then why is our highest paid forward out there when we have NOTHING to play for at this point? It's better for him to shut it down and come back strong next year if the entire reason that he's sucked is because of injury. Unless it's more important to him to try and get dealt? Either way he gets absolutely no sympathy from me.
Thats a question for Quinn. It certainly wouldn't be the first time he made a perplexing decision with the lineup.

Assuming Horcoff is hurt there is nothing wrong with setting an example for the younger players that a pro doesn't quit no matter what the circumstances.


Last edited by guymez: 02-14-2010 at 10:26 PM.
guymez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2010, 10:24 PM
  #72
Dorian2
Positional Bias.
 
Dorian2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,833
vCash: 500
I think the Horcoff issue has gone beyond the contract now. How many Oiler fans would be cheering for him to stay if he was getting, say, 2M per? I know it is hypothetical, but he would be getting the same heat if he was being paid a pack of smarties to play here

Dorian2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2010, 10:25 PM
  #73
GDU
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,376
vCash: 500
if this were 15 games into the season and horc was being boo'd i'd defend him, but he has been bad all year, and not just inconsistent, he's been bad...

when you sign a monster contract, you should expect this backlash if you play bad for this long, if anything this town has been easy on him thus far...

GDU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2010, 10:27 PM
  #74
Philly85
Moody'
 
Philly85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 12,209
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HopelessOilFan View Post
I can't agree with that.
If he was slacking off, playing like he didnt give a crap, or anything of that sort, i could understand, but im sure he realizes he's not getting the results he'd like, or the team would like, but he really busts his but out there.
I could never boo that.
This is some *********. So essentially he could be making 10 million and you wouldn't be able to boo him because he's "putting in effort" and "working hard"? What a bunch of nonsense. The guy is a floating carcass out there, getting away with grand larceny.

One of the worst players on the worst team in the entire league. He deserves all the boos he gets. The man is full of himself and I'm sure is a pain to be around in the lockeroom.

The whole notion of "Edmonton is a hard working town, blue collar town and we respect players who put in the effort and the hard work all the same" is some played out ****. We get it, if you work really hard - results or no results - that's all we want to see and we can respect that.

No. This is a results based business, hard work can only get you so far. Horcoff has been an absolute disgrace this season and deserves every single boo he gets. Needs to pull that head out of his ass and get his game back in gear for next year, in a massive away.

He's a ******* hockey player, not a Red Cross field operative.


Last edited by Philly85: 02-14-2010 at 10:37 PM.
Philly85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2010, 10:29 PM
  #75
Bryanbryoil
Moderator
Paying Off A Bet
 
Bryanbryoil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 51,023
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Ryan- View Post
I'm not a shoulder expert, but from what I understand, the type of separation Horcoff had was not something that you need to stop playing from. I could potentially give Horcoff some leeway for his performance earlier in the season, but he confirmed a while ago that his shoulder was not an issue anymore; coincidentally, around the time you started the Horcoff vs. Schremp thread. And as many pointed out, he scored just one point during those 15-games and the duration of your thread. Suffice to say that his performance for most of the season cannot be attributed to that shoulder, as it appears to have recovered on the word of Horcoff himself.
I have no doubt that he has been banged up at some point during the year, however if you keep playing banged up and it hurts the team, it's time to shut it down for awhile. He needs to get his ass in gear unless that's been injured too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorian2 View Post
Absoltutely BBO. This "Horcoff's possibly injured" thing is knda lame. If he is playing injured, he is doing nothing but hurting the team
Yup, especially when he's been hurting the team (which helps the tank, but not his future with the team IMO).

Quote:
Originally Posted by guymez View Post
Thats a question for Quinn. It certainly wouldn't be the first time he made a perplexing decision with the lineup.

Assuming Horcoff is hurt there is nothing wrong with setting an example for the younger players that pro doesn't quit no matter what the circumstances.
Medical staff and GM, that's where the blame should be. Quinn will play whoever if they say they can go. Oh yeah and on Horcoff, because ultimately he can shut his season down if he's in enough pain.

Bryanbryoil is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:03 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.