HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > NHL Draft - Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

NHL Draft - Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

RW Martin Frk (2012, 49th, DET)

Old
04-21-2012, 09:25 PM
TA1 Sports
@TA_Stephenson

vCash: 500
He's definitely been better during the Quebec series and now into the Rimouski series then he was the last month of the season. He's got a serious shot on him, very creative on the offensive side of the ice and has actually shown some physicality on the defensive end over the last few weeks. He should end up back in Halifax next year, he Drouin and MacKinnon could really light the world of fire for Halifaxs PP next season.

Hopefully he stays healthy for the full 68 game season.

TA1 Sports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2012, 09:37 PM
TheKingSlayer
He was in the way!

I do not see anything special with this guy. Seems like another Kopecky to me.

TheKingSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2012, 09:42 PM
3 Minute Minor

I donno about this one scoutman1. Any time I see a scoutman thread I'm interested but drafting a guy based off a hot playoffs seems like it's just asking to make a drafting mistake. Frk has played himself out of the first round over the last 2 seasons and I don't see him recovering just because he had a hot playoff. He's going to be drafted by someone at the draft, obviously he isn't a complete lost cause but he's out of time to get himself back to round 1 projections IMO.

3 Minute Minor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2012, 09:52 PM
scoutman1
Twitter - scoutman33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Thilander View Post
I donno about this one scoutman1. Any time I see a scoutman thread I'm interested but drafting a guy based off a hot playoffs seems like it's just asking to make a drafting mistake. Frk has played himself out of the first round over the last 2 seasons and I don't see him recovering just because he had a hot playoff. He's going to be drafted by someone at the draft, obviously he isn't a complete lost cause but he's out of time to get himself back to round 1 projections IMO.
i never found Frk bad last year...and then he was hurt this year for a long time, came back slow was out of shape because he was not allowed to work out but is now getting back in shape.

scoutman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2012, 10:39 PM
3 Minute Minor

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoutman1 View Post
i never found Frk bad last year...and then he was hurt this year for a long time, came back slow was out of shape because he was not allowed to work out but is now getting back in shape.
I didn't mean he played bad last year but he didn't play well enough to get the kind of love Galchenyuk gets. He came back and was very underwhelming and he has had his moments but I still don't think it's enough for him to go in round 1.

3 Minute Minor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2012, 11:09 PM
Granlund2Pulkkinen*

I think he's a project player. If players like Stefan Noesen, Tyler Biggs, Rickard Rakell, Joey Hishon, Kevin Hayes, Philip Paradis, Daulton Laveille... etc. Were all taken round 1... no reason why a 6'1" 200 lb, right handed right winger from the Czech Republic where he dominated the u20 circuits as a 15-16 year old couldn't be taken then.

Granlund2Pulkkinen* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 12:19 AM
RJQuack

I think if anything this playoff has hurt his draft ranking lol. But I still think he will go first round. Lots of offensive upside and physicality, but has hit a speed bump in his offensive game the last few games.

He needs to step up his play his bit to not only get back in this series, but to solidify/help his case for going 25-30th in the draft.

RJQuack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 11:27 AM
Pick Six
@Lafortune_FC

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoutman1 View Post
I think Frk is having a great playoffs for Halifax thus possibly having him raise his rankings with a lot of scouts again...with a forward starved draft he could find himself in most 1st rounds again I imagin after these playoffs.
I've been saying this for a while now. He's way too skilled to not go in the first round.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephenson84 View Post
He's definitely been better during the Quebec series and now into the Rimouski series then he was the last month of the season. He's got a serious shot on him, very creative on the offensive side of the ice and has actually shown some physicality on the defensive end over the last few weeks. He should end up back in Halifax next year, he Drouin and MacKinnon could really light the world of fire for Halifaxs PP next season.

Hopefully he stays healthy for the full 68 game season.
He's absolutely dangerous in the offensive zone. His puck skills, shot and offensive creativity are up there with the best in the draft.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Thilander View Post
He was playing much better the month or two before the playoffs actually. If he gets drafted in the first round it definitely won't be solely because of his playoffs.

Pick Six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 12:07 PM
JeromeHP
@Jerome_Berube

I though he was great vs Moncton in the first round. Vs Quebec in the 2nd round ? he was ok, work hard play physical but came away that he was trying to do much sometime. Frk job is to score goal he needs to do it more often. 9 game without a goal ? not good enough imo. consistency is an issue. I still can see him getting pick in the 25-30 range. A good project because of his potential

JeromeHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 02:47 PM
MitchRobichaud

Send a message via Skype™ to MitchRobichaud
IF Frk falls out of the first round, I would be very surprised. He has had a tough year which all started with the concussion and for a younger player, not being able to work out, like scoutman1 said, he was not in game shape when he came back.

Last season, being his first in North America, he did very well as a rookie in the Q. Consistency is an issue at this point, but on pure talent this guy should get picked anywheres between 15th and 30th. Once you get passed the top 4 pr 5 forwards (Yakupov, Galchenyuk, Forsberg, Grigorenko) Frk is as offensively talented as anyone in the draft.

He is in a goal scoring slump right now, but to hold that against him is just wrong. I've seen him play 10+ times this season and in most games he was making things happen in the offensive zone. Hopefully he can stay healthy the entire 2012/13 season and make whichever team drafts him very happy. In terms of development, it's not the season he was hoping for, but during the last 3-4 weeks, he has shown very good things about his game.

MitchRobichaud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2012, 03:18 PM
Slashers98

Update on Frk and his possible ranking.

Martin Frk The Next Ones: NHL 2012 Draft Prospect Profile:
http://thehockeywriters.com/martin-f...spect-profile/

Slashers98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2012, 12:05 AM
RJQuack

Poor guy, effed up season with the concussion and didn't help with a below average playoff, especially against Rimouski. No concussion last August and he's a sure-fire 1st rounder... Now...

Old
05-03-2012, 07:55 AM
FiveForDrawingBlood

If he has a concussion will be in poor condition because can't stress the body to train hard

FiveForDrawingBlood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2012, 08:01 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

18 year old skill player with less than impressive stats despite a lot of time with MacKinnon. I wouldn't touch him in the top 45 picks. After that it depends who is available.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2012, 08:20 AM
FiveForDrawingBlood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
18 year old skill player with less than impressive stats despite a lot of time with MacKinnon. I wouldn't touch him in the top 45 picks. After that it depends who is available.
I'd consider taking him in second round if concussion issues settled. He has the skill, can't teach that. He played injured this year, not that worried about his stats or conditioning.

FiveForDrawingBlood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2012, 06:58 PM
Pick Six
@Lafortune_FC

Quote:
There's more to scouting than stats, lucky for Frk.

Pick Six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 05:56 PM
conway902

I though he picked up his play for the playoffs this year, he might not have had the stats to show for it but he looked like a totaly different player then what i seen in the regular season.

You can tell he has the skill and size but he just seems to make some questionable plays and take some dumb penalties. I think a healthy year will do wonders for him next year. I cant wait to see some of these young kids the mooseheads have with another year of development.

conway902 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 05:58 PM
conway902

Quote:
The games i went to this year he didn't play with Mackinnon, might have had some power play time but that's it.

conway902 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 06:27 PM
bsmith14

I have this feeling that Frk will fall between 40-50th due to the concussion and an inconsistent year. Then next year he will tear it up and score 50 goals as a power forward and everyone will say "how did we pass on him??"

bsmith14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 07:08 PM
uocooco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundin is my hero View Post
Kopecky? Nothing special?

The kid has a Semin-like-deadly wrist shot at 18 years old...

uocooco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 08:59 PM
Jacques Strap

I can't wait for all the teams to pass on him and for the Rangers to pick him in the late 1st round. He's a shooter and a goal scorer, with great hands. Exactly what the Rangers need. His skating isn't as bad as some of you say and his conditioning will only get better with better health and professional training. He could be a steal in the late 1st round.

Jacques Strap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 10:52 PM
RJQuack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundin is my hero View Post
He says from Ottawa

Come watch him play and see his wrist shot... then get back.

Old
05-04-2012, 11:13 PM
BLBarmada

In gunna go on a whim and say Detroit...

Maybe hes needs to mature.. Not physically, he was a hot head no ? Was kicked off a team or something a few years back, but he agreed and understood..

I like him though, when he can over I YouTubed him alot.. I'm not saying he's Yakupov.. But injuries didn't help..

And his last name is awesome !

Plus his injuries definitely hurt his conditionning which is a serious disadvantage...

BLBarmada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2012, 01:02 AM
RJQuack

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLBarmada View Post

Maybe hes needs to mature.. Not physically, he was a hot head no ? Was kicked off a team or something a few years back, but he agreed and understood..
I've been following him and heard other Moose fans talk about him for two years and haven't heard that... But he does have a tendency to take some "undisciplined" penalties after the whistle in scrums. I think the scouts told him to use his physicality and play with an edge more... Because I didn't see any of those in your face, dumb after the whistle penalties before, lol.

I'm sure the team that drafts him will make him work hard and get back into the fantastic shape he was in last August. If he can do that, he'll be a premiere goal scorer in the Q next year.

Old
05-05-2012, 09:18 AM
BLBarmada

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalifaxDucks View Post
I've been following him and heard other Moose fans talk about him for two years and haven't heard that... But he does have a tendency to take some "undisciplined" penalties after the whistle in scrums. I think the scouts told him to use his physicality and play with an edge more... Because I didn't see any of those in your face, dumb after the whistle penalties before, lol.

I'm sure the team that drafts him will make him work hard and get back into the fantastic shape he was in last August. If he can do that, he'll be a premiere goal scorer in the Q next year.
Hence the word hot headed.. Mind you that was last year.

I think that he will be a 40 goal guy in the NHL, he seems determined, and down to earth, thst was very big of him to say hey I cant help my country at the WJCs let someone else go.

I wouldn't of done that, that's a dream for alot of kids.

Anytime your out for a stretch, it kills you, you have to work 3 times as hard to get back into the proper shape.

BLBarmada is offline   Reply With Quote