HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

RW Martin Frk (2012, 49th overall, Detroit)

Old
12-02-2012, 11:28 PM
sully61
Unregistered User

vCash: 500
I won't love him if he takes stupid penalties.

sully61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2012, 04:15 AM
tfong

I'm a little cautious here, granted I haven't seen him play much this season, but howmuch of his progression is due to playing with Drouin and MacKinnon?

tfong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2012, 06:22 AM
ODAAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfong View Post
I'm a little cautious here, granted I haven't seen him play much this season, but howmuch of his progression is due to playing with Drouin and MacKinnon?
No doubt his numbers are stronger due to the presence of both however, watching him play, too often it`s almost as though he`s trying too hard if that`s possible, sounds odd but he`s trying often to match with those two and it`s hurt him, he`s taken ill timed penalties that he didn`t have to take etc...

He`s a nice talent, and within the Wings organization, he`ll be in very good hands and I can see him being a solid 3rd liner or a max out as a 2nd liner

ODAAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2012, 07:15 AM
PensBandwagonerNo272
the march

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalifaxDucks View Post
Indeed. But you have to take the bad to get the good as one fan said... and his good is worth the frustration lol.

As for today he only took one penalty (and a really stupid one at that) that would be "undisciplined".. the others were him just playing hockey and getting his stick caught up.
Nah, they were all dumb and just him being unable to control his emotions. It was obvious he was getting frustrated and he stopped caring. A needless slash, an extremely lazy and blatant hook in the d-zone, a careless highstick, and I'll admit I don't remember the 4th one.

Not to mention he gave the puck away on the PP numerous times.

His frustration and carelessness seemed to contribute to Nate's frustration too and he had one of those try-too-hard kind of games.

Hate to say it but he played terrible yesterday and almost cost us the game. Fucale and Fournier can be credited with saving that game.

PensBandwagonerNo272 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2012, 11:29 AM
The Nose
#thefuture

His bad games sound a lot like Pulkkinen's entire season.

The Nose is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 06:52 PM
snizzbone
Give me the puck ;-)

4 goals, 3 assists after 2 periods in his playoff game against Saint John today.

snizzbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 07:14 PM
ChadS

Just scored his fifth on a breakaway...

ChadS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 07:19 PM
TheTechNoir

Note to fans: bring at least 3-4 hats with you to the metro center, you might need 'em. Wonder if Mac gets a third tonight.

TheTechNoir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 07:20 PM
canucksfan100

Anyone got a Stream of the game

canucksfan100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 07:21 PM
Lord of Light
R + L = Lightbringer

mother of god

Frk, Drouin, and MacKinnon

Lord of Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 07:22 PM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

This is just unfair.

S E P H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 09:55 PM
kudymen
4, 15, 38 and 63

So... Red Wings got Gagner last draft

kudymen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 09:57 PM
stakesishigh
how swede it is

vCash: 1857
Heard about his beastly night, awesome to see the kid with a night like that!

Good for him. He finished with 8 points right? 5G 3A I thought I read.

stakesishigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 10:36 PM
RJQuack

Quote:
Originally Posted by S E P H View Post
This is just unfair.
Until Round 3, it might be ...

It was only Saint John, but that's not to take away anything from this incredible night.

RJQuack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 11:45 PM
George Maharis
Harbor Hopper

vCash: 50

George Maharis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 12:26 AM
JetsHomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJQuack View Post
Until Round 3, it might be ...

It was only Saint John, but that's not to take away anything from this incredible night.
Stephan Legault had a 7 point night tonight as well. Who you ask? Exactly.

It's impressive, but sometimes players just have nights where everything goes in

JetsHomer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 01:21 AM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy Kassian View Post
mother of god

I've seen some crazy games where the Moose dominated, but that's officially the biggest **** kicking I've ever been in the stands for. At one point I think that line had more shots than St. John ended up with as a team. They could have scored at least 15 easily, and must have ended with 60 shots.

Almost unbelievable side note: That's the 3rd time the Mooseheads have scored 11 goals in a game this year.

Last edited by Ohashi_Jouzu: 03-23-2013 at 01:27 AM.
Ohashi_Jouzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 01:54 AM
Leadzedder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohashi_Jouzu View Post
I've seen some crazy games where the Moose dominated, but that's officially the biggest **** kicking I've ever been in the stands for. At one point I think that line had more shots than St. John ended up with as a team. They could have scored at least 15 easily, and must have ended with 60 shots.

Almost unbelievable side note: That's the 3rd time the Mooseheads have scored 11 goals in a game this year.
Halifax had 10 goals before SJ had 10 shots.

I watched the globe trotters the night before. Tonight was a better show. Holy Frk.

Leadzedder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 04:39 AM
TheTechNoir

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy Kassian View Post
mother of god

Frk, Drouin, MacKinnon, Murphy, Abeltchauser, MacAulley, Fournier, Weegar, Fucale, Boudreau, Ciampini, Ashley, etc. Lol you can pretty well 'mother of god' their entire roster. Keep in mind with Frk, Drouin, MacKinnon all out of the line-up at the same time for quite a few games with WJC they still kept up their winning ways without trouble.

It's just an absurdly good major jr. club lol. When your top six are
Frk-Drouin-MacKinnon
Boods/Champs/Ashley

leaving you with McAuley & Fournier on the third line, two players that are first liners on almost any CHL team, how any team is supposed to be able to create ideal match-ups to contain all of their good players is beyond me. They'd have to be able to ice their first line/top string d-men 60 minutes a night without them getting tired somehow to stand a chance.

8 forwards were 25+ goal scorers this season for them, 6 forwards were 30+ goal scorers.
12 forwards (so yeah, 4 lines worth) with 10+ goals. Lowest scoring out of those was 10 goals, next lowest is 14.

8 forwards over a point per game, a d-man 2 pts shy of point per game.
Goalie many believe will go before any other goalie in the upcoming draft between the pipes...

Last edited by TheTechNoir: 03-23-2013 at 04:47 AM.
Old
03-23-2013, 04:51 AM
TheTechNoir

Quote:

Yep, and they've come very close many more times. Hell, they beat Quebec Remparts by a similar score. They also went a stretch at one point of 3 1/2 weeks averaging about 50 shots per game.

I live in Calgary now, and the Hitmen are no slouches but... Watching every moosehead game this year and going to live Hitmen games, the Hitmen games are disappointing as a result. The play just feels so slow, the passes are not crisp, the all around skill level feels like it isn't even the same league I am watching.

Old
03-23-2013, 04:53 AM
TheTechNoir

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying High View Post
Stephan Legault had a 7 point night tonight as well. Who you ask? Exactly.

It's impressive, but sometimes players just have nights where everything goes in
People don't know who Stephan Legault is?

And with him it's probably more impressive, he isn't doing it on a line with MacKinnon/Drouin. I don't think anyone is blowing this out of porportion on more than a single game basis. It was a very impressive night though any way you look at it.

If only Frk had Fournier's personality and maturity...

Last edited by TheTechNoir: 03-23-2013 at 08:06 AM.
Old
03-23-2013, 04:54 AM
TheTechNoir

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiCKNESS View Post
Anyone got a Stream of the game
I sure do.

http://webcast.theqmjhl.ca/

Not to worry either, the game isn't currently live but you can watch it at any time you please. Enjoy.

Old
03-23-2013, 03:36 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTechNoir View Post
Yep, and they've come very close many more times. Hell, they beat Quebec Remparts by a similar score. They also went a stretch at one point of 3 1/2 weeks averaging about 50 shots per game.

I live in Calgary now, and the Hitmen are no slouches but... Watching every moosehead game this year and going to live Hitmen games, the Hitmen games are disappointing as a result. The play just feels so slow, the passes are not crisp, the all around skill level feels like it isn't even the same league I am watching.
Let me put it another way. I was a regular back in the Giguere, Tanguay, Abid (last Moosehead to have an 8 point game?) days, and this group - both at the top, and continuing down through each line and defense pairing - blows anything I've ever seen out of the water. Like watching an AHL team have a go at some juniors, seriously. Supremely talented (don't think I've ever seen an in-house competition for 1st overall in an NHL draft, nor so many "legit" prospects/picks), well coached/prepared, mindful of details, hard working, good chemistry and character, excellent role players (love having a Douglas Murray-type guy in Trey Lewis to go with the more elite skill+size combo of Abeltshauser, and a captain like Fournier who goes unaffected by the attention the "stars" get, for examples)... just amazing.

This is all off topic re: Frk specifically, so I apologize.

Old
03-23-2013, 04:44 PM
newfy

Quote:
Let me put it another way. I was a regular back in the Giguere, Tanguay, Abid (last Moosehead to have an 8 point game?) days, and this group - both at the top, and continuing down through each line and defense pairing - blows anything I've ever seen out of the water. Like watching an AHL team have a go at some juniors, seriously. Supremely talented (don't think I've ever seen an in-house competition for 1st overall in an NHL draft, nor so many "legit" prospects/picks), well coached/prepared, mindful of details, hard working, good chemistry and character, excellent role players (love having a Douglas Murray-type guy in Trey Lewis to go with the more elite skill+size combo of Abeltshauser, and a captain like Fournier who goes unaffected by the attention the "stars" get, for examples)... just amazing.

This is all off topic re: Frk specifically, so I apologize.
Just throwing this out there but I would say Sarnia last year with their 2 stars was pretty close to what is happening with Halifax. And theres one highly rated dman in the mix in each year as well.

I agree that the talent level and collection of prospects is ridiculous. These guys are more stacked then St Johns even I think

newfy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 05:02 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfy View Post
Just throwing this out there but I would say Sarnia last year with their 2 stars was pretty close to what is happening with Halifax. And theres one highly rated dman in the mix in each year as well.

I agree that the talent level and collection of prospects is ridiculous. These guys are more stacked then St Johns even I think
Hmm... definitely in the discussion. I was speaking mainly of the Mooseheads (or Citadels, for that matter, lol) teams I've seen over the years (and there have been some good ones), but I'd say you're right.