HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Versteeg (CHI) will be traded sooner rather than later

Old
02-15-2010, 07:31 AM
Zim

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killswitch7187 View Post
Oh damn, the chills in my body that would be going about if the Pens were somehow able to get Versteeg.

However, I'm not that delusional.

Mind taking Fedotenko off our hands... I mean.... uhhhh that great playoff player and a 2nd rounder?
Fedotenko + Tangradi for Versteeg + 3rd?

Zim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2010, 07:34 AM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Sidorkiewicz View Post
Colby Armstrong and nj 2nd round pick for Versteeg
Versteeg would look real nice on our 2nd/3rd line....

AtlantaWhaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2010, 07:52 AM
slapshots1515

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaWhaler View Post
Versteeg would look real nice on our 2nd/3rd line....
Why not put him on the first line and move Kane back to center in place of Slater?
In this nice, hypothetical situation, of course.

slapshots1515 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2010, 07:58 AM
plank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isles4ever11 View Post
I know the Blackhawks were on Long Island scouting Andy Sutton the last couple of games.

Versteeg is a former player of Scott Gordon in Providence and each have given each other props in the media in the past.

Could be a basis for a deal. Just saying.

Should add Sutton is a UFA at the end of the year as well. Hawks could use his type of player (having a career year) as a 5th-6th D for a playoff run, IMO.
To NYI:
Versteeg
Huet
1st round pick

To Chi:
Sutton
Roloson

I'm sure Isles fans don't want Huet and his contract, but in exchange a building team gets a good young player and a good pick.

plank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2010, 08:23 AM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Quote:
Originally Posted by slapshots1515 View Post
Why not put him on the first line and move Kane back to center in place of Slater?
In this nice, hypothetical situation, of course.
The first line has been:

Burgfors - Antropov - Little

...and there is no reason to break them up right now.

Old
02-15-2010, 08:35 AM
Blackwater13*

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoPadStack View Post
The thread starter said they need an enforcer, so a bunch of posts are made suggesting Alexei Ponikarovsky.

Is there an HFBoards joke going on about Poni in every thread that I don't know about?
The thread starter is wrong. We don't need an enforcer. I do agree he will be the next to go.

Blackwater13* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2010, 08:37 AM
grabo84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burt the Dog View Post
Nikolai Kulemin, Wayne Primeau

Kris Versteeg
No way.

grabo84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2010, 08:38 AM
Selke

The hate for Versteeg around here is insane. We will keep him, I don't care if he makes $3+ mill per. The man is clutch when he needs to be. He's been playing on the fourth line with Fraser and Eager/Kopecky, what the Hell does Q expect?

He's one of our best players in all honesty. He's young and he's hit a scoring drought, big deal. He'll come around. I know many Hawk fans will argue to death with me about this but I'd rather see big Byfuglien or Sharp go before Versteeg. You can quote that and do what you want with it, but mark my words; if we trade him, the secondary scoring and effort he provides will be missed.

Selke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2010, 08:41 AM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Quote:
Originally Posted by BodamsHjammer View Post
The hate for Versteeg around here is insane. We will keep him, I don't care if he makes $3+ mill per. The man is clutch when he needs to be. He's been playing on the fourth line with Fraser and Eager/Kopecky, what the Hell does Q expect?

He's one of our best players in all honesty. He's young and he's hit a scoring drought, big deal. He'll come around. I know many Hawk fans will argue to death with me about this but I'd rather see big Byfuglien or Sharp go before Versteeg. You can quote that and do what you want with it, but mark my words; if we trade him, the secondary scoring and effort he provides will be missed.
I have absolutely no problem taking Sharp instead of Versteeg for the same offer (Armstrong + 2nd).

Old
02-15-2010, 08:42 AM
Selke

Quote:
Originally Posted by plank View Post
To NYI:
Versteeg
Huet
1st round pick

To Chi:
Sutton
Roloson

I'm sure Isles fans don't want Huet and his contract, but in exchange a building team gets a good young player and a good pick.
Please God no! Tell me you don't mean Andy Sutton... and all the Hawks fans that think any goalie that is available (aside from Vokoun) is an upgrade are delusional.

Once again though, tell me why we're sticking a 1st along with that and getting Andy Sutton in return? Where would he have a place every night? In the press box is where.

Old
02-15-2010, 08:44 AM
Selke

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaWhaler View Post
I have absolutely no problem taking Sharp instead of Versteeg for the same offer (Armstrong + 2nd).
Sorry to put a damper on your great idea but uh, the reason why we should trade Buff or Sharp over 'Steeger is because those would get us a bigger return.

How is Armstrong doing this year? I haven't watched any T(h?)rasher games.

Old
02-15-2010, 08:50 AM
xicethug13x

i would like to see something like this
carcillo+3rd for versteeg
ott+2nd for versteeg
armstrong+2nd for versteeg
clutterbuck straight up for versteeg
get a tough physical forward in that can fight and play to replace versteeg....ott and armstrong would be great but theyre ufas so thats why the 2nd rounder is included....woulkd be good for the hawks cap space too...also i woul dlove to see carcillo or cluuterbuck in and theyre cheaper rfas so that would help toughen us up and help teh cap...and both guys can play too

xicethug13x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2010, 08:54 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

Quote:

I agree, i'd rather see Big Buffy go away instead of Versteeg.

but

Sharp > Versteeg > Byfgulien

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2010, 08:59 AM
Luck 6
\\_______

I remember last summer I suggested a trade of:

TO CHI
Demitra
Schneider

TO VAN
Versteeg

Demitra is getting better each game and the olympics should be a good warm up for him. He'd fill Versteegs shoes fine and is a UFA at seasons end. Then, Chicago grabs a bluechip goalie prospect for their system that can backup Huet next season.

Vancouver could slot Versteeg onto the 3rd line to give it a bit of life. Plus, we get a young roster player with some potential going forward.

Luck 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2010, 09:10 AM
Coolburn

Send a message via AIM to Coolburn Send a message via MSN to Coolburn Send a message via Yahoo to Coolburn
If Versteeg was made available now, plenty of rebuilding teams would be interested in him for sure. So that'll drive up the price of him for sure.

If Chicago was looking for another d-man, FL would have a guy in Seidenberg that's probably available, UFA at yr end and probably could include a pick. I think the only other guy that would kinda make sense for Chicago is Olesz but not sure they want that cap hit ($3.125M for 4 more yrs) but he seems like a player that would fit in well with the Hawks and still young. Maybe expand the deal to include Sopel as well so they get rid of his cap hit next yr.

How about:

To FL:
Versteeg
Sopel

To Chicago
Seidenberg
Olesz
2nd in 2011 (Montreal's pick from Moore trade)

Coolburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2010, 09:27 AM
Gardebut30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burt the Dog View Post
Nikolai Kulemin, Wayne Primeau

Kris Versteeg
Kulemin is better than Versteeg presently, so Toronto wouldn't do that. I do love Kulemin's game though, very good player.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luck 6 View Post
Then, Chicago grabs a bluechip goalie prospect for their system that can backup Huet next season.
Niemi/Huet is the tandem for the foreseeable future.

Quote:
There was a time last year I thought Versteeg might be a better option to keep than Sharp but certainly not now. Versteeg needs to listen and make the smart play. Too many times at our blue line, in the neutral zone, and at the opposing blue line he's trying to make cute plays. If he dumbed down his game a little and used his teammates more, I think he'd find more success.

As is stands now, defenders know that Versteeg will try to dangle them and that his teammates are only a second option. If he passed more often, he'd create more room for himself. A perfect example is Kane. He's always a threat to find the open man when a d-man commits to him and in turn he's afforded space on the ice.

If Kane played the way Versteeg does right now, he'd be ineffective.

Gardebut30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2010, 09:34 AM
plank

I don't want to get rid of Versteeg because I hate him. But if the hawks can't trade Huet or Campbell they will have to trade at least two and maybe all three of Versteeg, Byfuglien and Sharp before next season. My trade proposal was to help win the cup this year and to help keep Byfuglien and especially Sharp next year. You can argue that losing Versteeg hurts their secondary scoring, even though he's been cold lately, but that might be the chance you have to take.

plank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2010, 09:36 AM
wej20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zim View Post
Fedotenko + Tangradi for Versteeg + 3rd?
I'd rather keep Tangradi out of a deal:

Fedotenko + 1st 2010 for Versteeg.

Fedotenko will likely be effective come PO time especially on a stacked team like the Hawks where he wont be relied on to score.

wej20 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2010, 09:36 AM
DeVries*

D'agostini + Carle VS Versteeg + Danis-Pepin

DeVries* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2010, 09:39 AM
grabo84

Quote:
Originally Posted by wej20 View Post
I'd rather keep Tangradi out of a deal:

Fedotenko + 1st 2010 for Versteeg.

Fedotenko will likely be effective come PO time especially on a stacked team like the Hawks where he wont be relied on to score.
I'm surprised pens fans are willing to give up this much for Versteeg.

Old
02-15-2010, 09:43 AM
wej20

Quote:
Originally Posted by grabo84 View Post
I'm surprised pens fans are willing to give up this much for Versteeg.
really? Young winger who can contribute 20 goals 50 points easily, signed for 2 more years at a good price, Still RFA once deal is up and he's going to help us much quicker than the late First.

Old
02-15-2010, 09:51 AM
grabo84

Quote:
Originally Posted by wej20 View Post
really? Young winger who can contribute 20 goals 50 points easily, signed for 2 more years at a good price, Still RFA once deal is up and he's going to help us much quicker than the late First.
Well, Versteeg is overpaid right now, and I question the value of having RFA rights if the player is already overpaid. I guess the whole thing is predicated on him having some chemistry with one of Crosby/Malkin, but Versteeg can be a bit selfish with the puck, so who knows if that will work out. Could be we have a different read on Versteeg though, I see a guy very similar to Grabovski, with all the good and bad that implies.

Plus I like Fedotenko, I think he's a very useful guy to have. Maybe that's because I don't watch the Pens all the time though, who knows.

Old
02-15-2010, 09:57 AM
Zim

The ideal return from my point of view is someone like Mueller. He's young, cheap, under performing but lots of potential.

Zim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2010, 10:04 AM
Selke

Quote:
Originally Posted by xicethug13x View Post
clutterbuck straight up for versteeg
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luck 6 View Post
I remember last summer I suggested a trade of:

TO CHI
Demitra
Schneider

TO VAN
Versteeg
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolburn View Post

How about:

To FL:
Versteeg
Sopel

To Chicago
Seidenberg
Olesz
2nd in 2011 (Montreal's pick from Moore trade)

All three of those deals are very respectable, as was the Leafs proposal but that's a little overvaluing him. I just don't want to give up on the kid quite yet. He does have his issues with trying to make those "cutesy" plays and it's very frustrating and you could bring up the point he's not going to get much better or suddenly learn to stop doing that while playing alongside his current line mates.

I will admit his recent play has made me downright sick to stomach with his blatant selfishness with the puck but there was a time this season where Sharp was making those types of plays as well, even worse by going down low into the corners and passing across to nobody. Not to mention, Sharp cannot be relied upon to make a decent pass every once in awhile. Albeit Sharp has picked it up and now that Barker is gone, Versteeg is in ol'e Q's doghouse blut like I said, he'll come around and to add onto the Sharp can't pass thing, Versteeg can; when he wants to. It's just that I think Versteeg is a nice complimentary player. I really, really wish we didn't have that blunder and mess up his and Barker's contracts but what can ya do now about it?

I'm not saying, I'm just saying
... that maybe everybody is jumping the gun with the proverbial HF stock drop where they couldn't be traded for a bag of pucks and a couple of horrible players from Montreal (Dags, Carle).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viau View Post
D'agostini + Carle VS Versteeg + Danis-Pepin
See example one.

More to follow, trust me. All I'm saying is for the logical fans, don't buy into this crap that he's this turnover machine. He's also very clutch, capable of making absolutely stunning plays and actually commits to playing to body; something a few guys on the Hawks are scared out of their wits to do.

Old
02-15-2010, 10:08 AM
wej20

Quote:
Originally Posted by grabo84 View Post
Well, Versteeg is overpaid right now, and I question the value of having RFA rights if the player is already overpaid. I guess the whole thing is predicated on him having some chemistry with one of Crosby/Malkin, but Versteeg can be a bit selfish with the puck, so who knows if that will work out. Could be we have a different read on Versteeg though, I see a guy very similar to Grabovski, with all the good and bad that implies.

Plus I like Fedotenko, I think he's a very useful guy to have. Maybe that's because I don't watch the Pens all the time though, who knows.
I don't think he's that overpaid especially given what the Pens are likely to be able to get in FA. I think him being selfish with the puck could be good especially with Geno who currently has to hold the puck all the time unless Staal is on his line.

Fedonteko is a nice complimentary winger when he's on his game but unfortunately he's had about 5 good games this season and Pens faithful are hoping he can pull it together come playoffs.