HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Bring back Jagr?

Old
02-23-2010, 09:00 AM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

vCash: 500
I would laugh hysterically, and then cry if the Rangers brought back Nylander.

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2010, 10:10 AM
chip chipperson*

i think people should stop making posts about what their "sources" told them. its getting ridiculous. some posters in this forum have more "sources" than tsn.

chip chipperson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2010, 10:22 AM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
my source just sent me this:

I can't seem to get the math to work though....maybe someone else can?
Did you inform your source that Nylander is under contract with the Washington Capitals until 2011?

wolfgaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2010, 11:34 AM
94now

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze View Post
Did you inform your source that Nylander is under contract with the Washington Capitals until 2011?
Will be traded for Brasheer.

94now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2010, 11:38 AM
Fitzy
All Is Well

b.s. Even ranger management isnt dumb enough to bring Nylander back, and if they were to sign Jagr for 7 million it would utterly eliminate any chances of getting Kovalchuk. end of story.

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2010, 11:40 AM
RangerFan10

Send a message via AIM to RangerFan10
Quote:
Originally Posted by 94now View Post
but he could have chosen Swedes, Slovaks, Finns or just keep getting Americans and Canadians. He turned to Russians abruptly and clean the club from Czechs quickly. Prucha stuck longer that the rest.
That was my point, HE DID choose a ton of Americans and Canadians, before and after the years he took Russians. He took a total of about 3 Russians in the first two rounds since the decade began. I'm not sure where you get off acting like we have an abundance of Russian prospects. We had Tyutin, we have Anisimov on the team, we had Cherapanov, and we've got Grachev in the wings. 4 players. And there weren't any other Russian prospects we got rid that I remember off hand.

He didn't draft the Russians to "clean" the club of Czech's, that's ridiculous.

RangerFan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2010, 11:40 AM
allstar3970

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94now View Post
I am positive Kovalchuk has already taken ATL deal and just letting them get some benefits from trading him.
Is this a hunch or based on rumblings/rumors out there? (not trying to be obnoxious, really wondering lol)

allstar3970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2010, 11:42 AM
94now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy View Post
b.s. Even ranger management isnt dumb enough to bring Nylander back, and if they were to sign Jagr for 7 million it would utterly eliminate any chances of getting Kovalchuk. end of story.
There is no chance to get Kovalchuk. He may not be the best player that ever played, but he ain't dumbest either.
I don't think Jagr will come to NY, but we could see him here, unlike Kovalchuk.

Old
02-23-2010, 01:03 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze View Post
just did...

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2010, 01:40 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

he emailed me back, he said there is belief that Nylander will be bought out this summer. He also reiterated that he is very confident of this stuff. I've talked to this source a lot, he tells me this is definitely being discussed internally for this offseason. He's seemed unsure on some things in the past, but he seems pretty damn sure on this one.

Old
02-23-2010, 01:57 PM
ChrisKreider20
But y u mad?

Quote:
he emailed me back, he said there is belief that Nylander will be bought out this summer. He also reiterated that he is very confident of this stuff. I've talked to this source a lot, he tells me this is definitely being discussed internally for this offseason. He's seemed unsure on some things in the past, but he seems pretty damn sure on this one.
my question is why haven't we seen a Sykora type situation with Nylander.
I mean they literally terminated his contract. why wouldn't Nylander reject assignment and have his terminated. He could definitely play on a team like Toronto for a few hundred thousand.

Nvm, I just thought about it, He wants his payday.

Last edited by ChrisKreider20: 02-23-2010 at 02:02 PM. Reason: i put million by accident
ChrisKreider20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2010, 01:59 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRfan68 View Post
my question is why haven't we seen a Sykora type situation with Nylander.
I mean they literally terminated his contract. why wouldn't Nylander reject assignment and have his terminated. He could definitely play on a team like Toronto for a few million.

Nvm, I just thought about it, He wants his payday.
yep...hes grossly overpaid, and he knows it. nobody is going to give him that kind of money.

but, he and Jagr had some serious Mojo...

I think if you could sign Jagr for ~5 mil and Nylander for ~ 1 mil...and both on 1 year deals. I would do it. It would make us a 4 line team, and they arent unmoveable contracts.

We could also get rid of useless players like Voros, Lisin, etc while still having a good amount of young kids on the team. The problem here is the incredibly green defense that would be required for us to use.

I think the reason I would do it is because we have so few internal options offensively who are ready to step in, and because the free agent market, sans Kovalchuk, is absolutely horrendous.

Old
02-23-2010, 02:04 PM
ChrisKreider20
But y u mad?

Quote:
yep...hes grossly overpaid, and he knows it. nobody is going to give him that kind of money.

but, he and Jagr had some serious Mojo...

I think if you could sign Jagr for ~5 mil and Nylander for ~ 1 mil...and both on 1 year deals. I would do it. It would make us a 4 line team, and they arent unmoveable contracts.

We could also get rid of useless players like Voros, Lisin, etc while still having a good amount of young kids on the team. The problem here is the incredibly green defense that would be required for us to use.

I think the reason I would do it is because we have so few internal options offensively who are ready to step in, and because the free agent market, sans Kovalchuk, is absolutely horrendous.
Well I'd love it if your source was right.
Watching Jagr, Kovalchuk, Gaborik on the same team would be beautiful.
defense would be my only worry.
I guess thats when you have to see if you can move Drury (hoping he'd waive his NMC)
maybe he'll be sparked after the olympics.

Even if he got his mojo back post olympics, i think he'd need to go to colorado or buffalo, which means they'd need to take a bad contract in return.

Old
02-23-2010, 02:09 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Well I'd love it if your source was right.
Watching Jagr, Kovalchuk, Gaborik on the same team would be beautiful.
defense would be my only worry.
I guess thats when you have to see if you can move Drury (hoping he'd waive his NMC)
maybe he'll be sparked after the olympics.

Even if he got his mojo back post olympics, i think he'd need to go to colorado or buffalo, which means they'd need to take a bad contract in return.
drurys deal will be over in 2 years right? by that time, hypotehtically, youd have drury, jagr, and nylander all off the books, with spots now open for Stepan, Kreider, and Grachev, and, they should be ready by then.

*shrugs*

i dont know if it will happen, but I trust my source that it is being discussed internally.

Old
02-23-2010, 02:16 PM
ChrisKreider20
But y u mad?

Quote:
drurys deal will be over in 2 years right? by that time, hypotehtically, youd have drury, jagr, and nylander all off the books, with spots now open for Stepan, Kreider, and Grachev, and, they should be ready by then.

*shrugs*

i dont know if it will happen, but I trust my source that it is being discussed internally.
the question is...would Jags get the C?

Old
02-23-2010, 02:45 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
the question is...would Jags get the C?
not a chance.

Old
02-23-2010, 02:52 PM
chip chipperson*

Quote:
everyone thinks they are darren dreger. this is not going to happen

Old
02-23-2010, 02:55 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by devito1192 View Post
ok..

Old
02-23-2010, 02:58 PM
BwayBshirt

Quote:
did he want 7 mil a year or over 2? cause 7 over 2 is not breaking the bank at all. that would be a discount
Jagr was not going to re-sign for $3.5m for 2 years. It was definitely going to be north of 6-6.5m per year.

Just think about it: The KHL was going after him hard and landed him with a contract that was more than his previous NHL salary.

With Jagr knowing what kind of cash he could make in Europe, closer to home, why would he take a steep discount like that?

Answer: he wouldn't.

BwayBshirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2010, 02:59 PM
ChrisKreider20
But y u mad?

Quote:
He is not insinuating that it will.
He is saying it is being discussed.

Didn't his source predict the Kovalchuk deal?

I mean that lends some credibility.

Old
02-23-2010, 03:07 PM
chip chipperson*

Quote:
He is not insinuating that it will.
He is saying it is being discussed.

Didn't his source predict the Kovalchuk deal?

I mean that lends some credibility.
i got 3 of the 4 parts of that kovalchuk deal right. it wasnt that hard to figure out.

my point is some people keep saying my source said this and my source said that and this latest topic we are discussing in nylander first being bought out then coming back to the rangers is absolutly ridiculous.

Old
02-23-2010, 03:10 PM
chip chipperson*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BwayBshirt View Post
Jagr was not going to re-sign for $3.5m for 2 years. It was definitely going to be north of 6-6.5m per year.

Just think about it: The KHL was going after him hard and landed him with a contract that was more than his previous NHL salary.

With Jagr knowing what kind of cash he could make in Europe, closer to home, why would he take a steep discount like that?

Answer: he wouldn't.
fair enough. i think i still would have given him that deal.

Old
02-23-2010, 03:17 PM
94now

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerFan10 View Post
That was my point, HE DID choose a ton of Americans and Canadians, before and after the years he took Russians. He took a total of about 3 Russians in the first two rounds since the decade began. I'm not sure where you get off acting like we have an abundance of Russian prospects. We had Tyutin, we have Anisimov on the team, we had Cherapanov, and we've got Grachev in the wings. 4 players.
When I say Russian or Czech team it is not about waste majority of the team, it is still US and CAN. I am talking only about Euro component. For example Detroit is a Swedish team. They draft mostly North American players, yet their Europeans come mostly from SWE.
The four Euro players from one country is enough to to change the Euro component, i.e. to switch from SZE to RUS. Why is that important? Because the most skills come from Europe. It may be less so every year, but that how it was the last 20 years.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerFan10 View Post
He didn't draft the Russians to "clean" the club of Czech's, that's ridiculous.
You do not have to prove that I do not know what Sather was thinking. I don't. He might have acted erratically. I just think he had some logic behind it. All I can do is to try to follow it.

Old
02-23-2010, 03:29 PM
94now

Quote:
Originally Posted by allstar3970 View Post
Is this a hunch or based on rumblings/rumors out there? (not trying to be obnoxious, really wondering lol)
This is a hunch based on rumblings and other information. In other words, this is analysis. Kovalchuk wants Ovechkin deal, basically. I.e. ton of money plus team of his own. Rangers can only give him money.
He will never be "another" star player in NY.

Those Russians stars are silly, they do not understand that the only team that could bring them a desirable satisfaction is the Russian National team.

Old
02-23-2010, 03:30 PM
azrok22

vCash: 3743
Quote:
There was a Jagr quote during that offseason along the lines of "I expect to be the highest paid player on the team."

Gomez made $7.3+ at that time, so Jagr was looking for $7.5m.

I'm not going to go digging for the exact quote, but he definitely said something directly along those lines.

azrok22 is offline   Reply With Quote